Does anyone here do airguns? I'm not talking about airsoft...

Does anyone here do airguns? I'm not talking about airsoft. I'm talking about fucking hunting and target guns that use compressed air. I currently own a Benjamin Discovery in .22.
Honestly, if you don't own one, you should. My marksmanship has improved a lot, and I get more trigger time, considering ammo is $8USD for 500 rounds and I can shoot in my backyard.

Pic sort of related, thinking of upgrading to this in .25

Attached: bp2564w_3_3[1].jpg (3000x685, 237.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pyramydair.com/s/m/Diana_Stormrider_Multi_shot_PCP_Air_Rifle/4449/8647
wideopenspaces.com/extreme-long-range-pellet-rifle-pest-shooting-video/
hooktube.com/watch?v=jejT_DOIgO4
pyramydair.com/s/m/Benjamin_Trail_NP_XL_Air_Rifle/2052/4170
fondrenpetcare.com/bufo_toad.html
ufwildlife.ifas.ufl.edu/frogs/canetoad.shtml
petmd.com/dog/conditions/toxicity/c_dg_toad_venom_toxicosis
infogalactic.com/info/Cane_toad
infogalactic.com/info/Bufotoxin
infogalactic.com/info/Psychoactive_toad
hooktube.com/watch?v=WhIATiTagkU
edis.ifas.ufl.edu/topic_series_florida_invaders
airgunheaven.com/en/sharp-carbine-deluxe-pump-airgun
airgunheaven.com/en/sharp-pomp-kunststof-kolf-45mm
varusteleka.com/en/product/british-ballistic-pelvic-protector-mtp-surplus/51760
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I thought they were just a novelty until I saw one in action. Great way to hunt small game, though you can't stray too far from the air compressor/pump. Maybe that was just the one I saw, though.

There are some pretty good piston guns that don't need a pump, but they are more difficult to shoot and not analogous to a real firearm. Still, you could always invest in a portable air tank. That will keep you shooting all day long, and can fit in a hunting pack.

A: fun to shoot
B: cheap to obtain and maintain
C: can scare intruders
D: good for killing pests

There is literally no reason not to own an airgun. Even if you have access to real guns, just get an airgun and plink targets, or hunt small birds/rodents in your backyard.
My uncle used to have one. Sat in his garden and shot at tin cans every time I was at his place.
One time we were visiting him around Carnival. So obviously I dressed as a cowboy, and my uncle let me take the rifle. We took turns shooting, and it was great. We spent the entire afternoon that way.
Another time I was out shooting at cans again. I had taken a break to get a drink, since it was summer and very hot.
When I returned to the cans I noticed that a bird (a blue tit) had settled not too far away from them. I aimed at it, but decided againsts shooting it. Instead I observed how it jumped from side to side, cleaning it's feathers and eventually took off to flight.
Later that day I drew a picute of it. I still love to watch them to this day.
I am not sure why I didn't pull the trigger back then. Either I was a total fucking pussy, or something else. Dunno.
TL;DR Get your kids an airgun.

While not a hunting airgun I might as well post

Probably the only airgun I'll ever own but I bought it because it's neat. The most popular communist era polish airgun, spring action barrel cocked, produced 1972-1977 back when you needed a license for an airgun. It was used in the military as a harmless training weapon, had serial numbers and came with a holster or with a suitcase + kit. Mine is from 1975 ( 1st pic related ), it was pretty cheap, 200 zloty 55 dollars and it shoots well for 10 meters. Fun to kill cans with, real metal, heavier than a tokarev

Attached: man finds a dangerous weapon.jpg (2048x1232 25.92 KB, 772.09K)

*steel not metal

That's cool as shit. Wonder why more forces don't invest in air rifles for familiarization and basic marksmanship. It'd be a lot cheaper and less dangerous.

They've gotten really affordable in the past few years, especially for PCP stuff.

pyramydair.com/s/m/Diana_Stormrider_Multi_shot_PCP_Air_Rifle/4449/8647

I think this one might even be good to go in Euroland.

And I just found out that this exists for three hundred dollary doos. So now I'm wondering if I should get the Marauder in .25 or this in .22 and have a much better .22 rifle. Of course, I'll also have to drop money on an optic.

Attached: umarex-gauntlet-starter-combo-8[1].gif (900x643, 23.75K)

It will save money, and therefore will never be used because with big budgets bring prestige, never mind effectiveness.

That looks nice, the floating barrel in particular. I'd love it if the regulator can be turned up to ~100J. I'd be running it with a hose to a larger tank, no need to have the weight in the gun.

I'm definitely thinking of getting one, but it all depends on if they come out with a .25 version. If not, the Marauder it is. The discovery I currently own isn't this fancy, but it is quite nice. I just want something to shoot larger game like coyotes.

What's a good PCP rifle if you live in the UK and don't have a ton of dosh?

I trust you have a license for that air compressor…?

And since you can't embed and attach, here's what I got when I searched for PCP rifle. Was honestly expecting to confuse google with PCP bullets as I have never heard the term, so google probably hasn't either, right?

At it's not CO2 powered. Those handguns are nigh-useless as you only get one session out of a ten-dollar CO2 cartridge. Six hours later, it's completely dead no matter what you've done.

Attached: PCPboolits.jpg (1000x306 6.2 KB, 57.72K)

I have no idea what you're talking about. Please rephrase.

Damn, I really wish more eurofags would chime in. Air rifles being the only things they can own easily, you'd think they'd be all over that shit. This should not be a burger-only thread.

Fuck it. I just ordered it. Midway USA gave me a discount for my birthday and it came out to $265. That's less than I paid for my discovery and silencer. The only issue is that they're out of stock and I'll have to wait.

Congrats on the discount, and on getting the first one off the line. Their initial release is two weeks from now. Be sure to chime in on the feel, the length of pull looks a little short.
The magazine or tray charging is a nice feature. 40gr. CCI slugs would be my first test down the bore…if it looked right on the calipers.

At least Poland bro comes through with a neat old pistol.

There is a class of big more airguns, .38 cal and .45 cal being pretty common, strong enough to hunt small deer with. They use paintball co2 tanks, I've wanted to get one, but they run around $1,000 a bit much for such a nitch gun.

Oh, many also come with suppressors since they're not legally firearms.

I want to see more air cartridge system airgun (like the Brocock Air Cartridge System) in the US. Yeah, there are some single-shot rifles out there, but there's just so much potential in them. If you could make a semi-automatic AR replica in an air cartridge system for training or just screwing around, that would be amazing.
Unfortunately, as far as I know, there's almost nothing like that on the market.

we prefer being sad in silence

The .177 PCP I own has the tank that's good for 200 shots, then performance declines but it can do another 150 shots fairly well. I imaigne any half-decent .22 PCP should do at least 50 shots, which is more than plenty for hunting.

to

Is it a regulated gun?

Well it's pretty much illegal. Out of the box it's adjusted to like 500 fps with lightest .177 pellet to comply with 7.5 J maximum muzzle energy federal regulation for unlicensed air guns, of course you crank it up all the way to 1000 with heavy pellets at which point it requires a license and none of the regulating bodies will bother licensing your airgun and it's too much hassle anyway. As the saying goes, it's not a crime if you aren't caught. Given that you can't legally shoot any gun in the city limits (except licensed ranges where you don't need your 1000 fps), your odds of meeting a cop when shooting it are pretty much zero.

Blue Tits aren't feathery little faggots like magpies, jackdaws, starlings and sparrows are. Nothing wrong with admiring natural beauty and bird watching is relaxing.

Do the German oligarchs consider suppressors on airguns to be too shoulder thing that goes up-y?

No, like does it have a gas regulator.

Because most of the time, animals are more fun to watch than to shoot.
For well adjusted people, to actually enjoy killing they either have to be hungry or the animal has to be an asshole.

If you need something to murder without remorse, there's an infinite number of starlings. Fuck those niggers.

Humans are hardwired to like hitting moving targets with thrown projectiles, it's in our biology. Doesn't require a sociopath.

I have a Benjamin too. It's technically not legal to shoot real guns where I live, but we have plenty of animals lurking about. Rabbits. rats, squirrels, and birds are all a problem around the backyard garden. More blood for the blood god.

Wait, so do airguns actually fire a bullet or do they just shoot air so fast that it can kill small animals at close range?

Nigga..are you serious?

Attached: be0228aa16e9075d85f8875a5c19996161594dcdae58ca60fa56f63c27ffb6a7.gif (375x212, 1017.57K)

Bullets made of air

Hey Zig Forums I was thinking of getting a pellet gun this holiday season and can't decide what kind to get. Its a tie between a Crosman Optimus and a Stoeger® X20GT since I'm looking for something cheap that I can get at my Canadian Tire. The Crosman has a lot of reviews and looks reliable while the Stoeger is on sale from like 300 to 180 but is new and looks like it might be made in china or something. What do you think I should do? Get the crosman, stoeger or look for something better outside of Canadian tire?

The Stoeger is pretty good, but the thing that you should know about piston guns is that they don't really act like real guns and it takes a bit of learning to shoot them right, even if you can shoot a real rifle like a boss.

Why would I kill native european birds though? I could understand shooting at Racoons, but a light air rifle won't be enough for those fuckcers.

Well, you really shouldn't kill things that aren't causing a problem. What's the power limit in Germany, by the way?

7.5 Joule. Everything above requires a gun ownership license. Also the law sees no difference beteween a full auto airgun and a real machinegun.

That sounds really fucking gay.

Theres an old 6mm round that had stupidly good ballistics from air rifles i want to get. Cant remember what it was called. But i need a gun license to own an air rifle. Fucking kill me. Honestly considering taking advantage of my dual citizenship and moving to the states.

Is there anything actually good about Australia?

Also, ive seen lever air guns that you pump mutiple times. I used one when i visited the states. Pump 15 times, and it cranked out a .177 at near supersonic speeds, if not a bit over.

The bush. Camping and fishing is amazing where i live.people are pretty decent i guess.

Yes, that's the only airgun I knew about until well into my teen years; it's how it's usually done around here, other than CO2.

But what you're describing has a cost: the air bladder, I was told by someone who'd broken multiple air-rifles, breaks if you go over nine pumps. You only get a couple dozen after-burner class shots. More than that, and you won't even get military-class nine pump shots.

Air guns in the states aren't taken seriously, from what I personally have seen. If you want to get your kid something that isn't a toy, get them a .22lr

Although airguns are good at yelling at kids over breaking firearms safety, without being too likely to actually shoot someone's eye out.

Do you realize how much pussy you'd get with an accent?

What is the difference though? If you chamber your automatic air gun for 9 mm it's the same as firearm SMG.

Duh. How else do you think it cranks out 200 shots out of 100 bar drop?

I think it's already released. They decided to ship it. So, I guess even though it's listed as backorder, they do have some in stock.

Go with the stoeger.

Is this a law question? Because ballistically, I assure you they're not.

While I'm an American with a small arsenal of diverse firearms, I end up using my air guns more than anything else, and I highly recommend you use one for the following reasons.
Ammunition is cheap, no trips to the range required, no matter how small your yard is, and no neighbors calling the cops on you for shooting.
You can even get into "long range" airgun shooting. All the principles are the same, albeit exaggerated to a far greater degree. It is entirely possible to bust out Strelok or Hawke Chairgun, and target shoot at ludicrous (for an airgun) ranges.
wideopenspaces.com/extreme-long-range-pellet-rifle-pest-shooting-video/
hooktube.com/watch?v=jejT_DOIgO4
Watch this oldfag take down 2 hogs at once with a .22 break barrel air rifle. I don't think this is ethical, but if I was hungry, I'd damn sure do it. There are other videos of deer hunting, etc. Note that you can get Much larger caliber, up to .50, or an airbow, if you want to do serious hunting with an airgun. I use my .22 for nuisance animals. ( Bufo toads and non-native lizards.) pyramydair.com/s/m/Benjamin_Trail_NP_XL_Air_Rifle/2052/4170

I live in South Florida, where the Bufo Toads are plentiful, and kill your dogs. Every year during the rainy season I declare exterminatus on those bastards. (pic related) I had a dog that I grew up with, part boxer, part pit bull, that actually developed a taste for the bastards. Best dog I ever had, even saved me from getting robbed one night, by literally taking a bite out of crime, all the way back over the fence.

All about the toads:
fondrenpetcare.com/bufo_toad.html
ufwildlife.ifas.ufl.edu/frogs/canetoad.shtml
petmd.com/dog/conditions/toxicity/c_dg_toad_venom_toxicosis
infogalactic.com/info/Cane_toad
infogalactic.com/info/Bufotoxin
infogalactic.com/info/Psychoactive_toad
hooktube.com/watch?v=WhIATiTagkU
edis.ifas.ufl.edu/topic_series_florida_invaders

Attached: PY-2052_Benjamin-Trail-NP-XL.jpg (300x225 44.46 KB, 18.26K)

I would exercise caution here. Some municipalities define airguns as firearms, and projectile discharges are banned in some cities and towns. Check your local laws always.

I keep a Gamo Shadow 1000 I've had for at least 15 years by my back door to pop Bufo's when I let the dogs out. I kill at least a couple a week and use an old shovel to toss them over the fence into the asshole neighbors yard.

So my rifle was supposed to be delivered today, but I wasn't home, and UPS wouldn't leave it with the office because it was an air rifle. ;_;

Our cops are pretty chill but Im not going to test it shooting anything bigger than a BB gun in my backyard because I have shitty neighbors.

Attached: eaf42eb81571d8d12493b37e613bc3be02467be10d951765741cd33bb1b6de68.jpg (750x573, 25.24K)

I have a .22 Crosman Venom something something that kills rats, squirrels, and stupid doves & pigeons. Almost 1000 fps.

Attached: Crosman-Nitro-Venom-Dusk-NP_CR-CD1K77NP_rifle_zm.jpg (700x185, 17.25K)

What pellet weight though? Anyway 1000 fps is about the maximum velocity you want for a pellet gun. They have pretty shitty supersonic aerodynamics and going there makes it fly in all directions except to the target.

If you have enough pressure to make it go at 2000 fps then they are the same ballistically as well.

You have to look at ballistic coefficient, famalam. Airgun projectiles are made different because twist rates required to stabilize bullets would not work well with pressure loads as they are now. Maybe it can be done, but certainly no airgun today can do it.

I use the big loads. If you put it in just the right spot, they go out like a light.

Attached: loads.png (1109x875, 1023.43K)

Large calibre lol airguns use normal bullets, not skirted pellets.

Pic related. Also you can use normal jacketed firearm bullets of appropriate caliber.

Attached: g1.jpg (1600x1200, 266.7K)

Because it's a cute bird and mindlessly killing a bird is pretty retarded, maybe your subconscious took over for a second and said that killing something without reason is retarded.

I have 2 airguns myself, a rifle that's older than I am, might just be Soviet era and a new pistol I got this summer that I plink cans with, think it has around 300FPS. Both .177. Rifle is considerably more accurate but that's pretty obvious comparing velocity and barrel length.

It wasn't food, a pest, or a threat to life. Only a leftist would just randomly kill something that wasn't one of those 3, you did good.

Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed.

I hate to tell you this, but those faggots are generally vegan faggots that care more about animals than anything. And it only gets worse from there AHHHHH

Well, lads, she's pretty freaking sweet. Stacking pellets on top of each other like there's no tomorrow. The heft also helps when shooting offhand, but this is a rifle better suited to shooting prone. It lays really nicely. Only thing I don't like is the trigger, but it's adjustable. I just haven't gotten around to that yet.

Vegans want to genocide cows because "muh emissions" and groups like peta regularly kill tons of animals and throw their bodies in dumpsters. If you want to find an inhuman monster find the nearest leftist regardless of whether "he" is a tofu slurping faggot or not.

Bro, I've heard vegans try and say that we should take care of all cattle, chickens, and other food animals for the rest of their natural lives until they die out, as a way to pay for our sins or some shit. Vegans are fucking crazy, even for leftists. Admittedly, I don't see anything wrong if you're just a vegetarian because you can't handle meat, or even vegan. My sister is one after all. It's the ideological vegans that are the problem. I myself eat mostly vegetables, but you have to use them to surround meat. Meat is what makes me hungry, vegetables are what fill me up.

got a shitty rossi break action 5.5mm/22 a few months back , good shit to shot , comfortable and fuck all recoil , but it couldnt hit a barn from inside said barn because it strays about half a gopnik to the left ,but its so cheap (22 hues for 250 top tier pellets , meanwhile actual 22 is 45 hues for 50 shitty cbc rounds)

jesus christ how horrifying

.22 Plinkster likes air pretty well.

That's cool, but ultimately pretty useless. Even a PCP air rifle can be filled with a hand pump and used for hunting at up to 100m. A full auto air gun is just wind of weird and stupid. Fun, but stupid.

.22 Plinkster likes whatever you pay him to like.

This was a wholesome way to get into nature strelok.

Happy to hear it shoots straight. Have you checked its penetration power with anything? A 1/2in pine board is a solid standard. How's the noise level?

It will definitely penetrate that. The noise level is not bad at all. It sounds louder indoors, but outdoors it can't really be discerned if you aren't in its immediate vicinity.

what's a good beginners rifle for hunting rabbits, musk rats, geese ect? looking for something under €180, preferably break action but i have also heard of a semi auto airgun that worked with little CO2 canisters, though it didn't have much firepower and the last 60 or so shots became much less accuratewhich is why i prefer something you can reload on the spot even though that makes it a single shot gun. my a friend of mine had one as well and it was a lot of fun just shooting cans and shit

Embed related, and the pinned comment got his rifle up to 34ft/lbs with some modifications!

How much power can you use, and how much do you want? Power will always taper off, but gas regulators reduce the issue. There are some decent low-end pellet rifles with twelve shot revolving magazines.

I want to be able to take down a canada goose with one clean, well placed kill shot so it won't suffer that much, those things are a plague here. I'm a bit of a newbie to guns and stuff so i'm not sure what kind of power that would take.

12ft/lbs is the max power in the UK, and they seem to do well taking rabbits with them. That equates to a .177 7.5gr pellet at 850ft/s, or a 14.3 .22cal pellet at 620ft/s. That Umarex supposedly comes in at 25ft/lbs.

that thing is cool, though a little out of my price range, i'm looking for a good beginners rifle under €180

Then use this info to find one which suits you.

Who thought it was a good idea to export those flying devils? On topic, I found this airgunheaven.com/en/sharp-carbine-deluxe-pump-airgun and this airgunheaven.com/en/sharp-pomp-kunststof-kolf-45mm both are in your price range but, I don't know how good they are.

I've had a GAMO Rocket .177 for a few years now, my uncle bought it when he was 15 and gave it to me when I was 14. Mine is made out of wood rather than these newer plastic models, it shoots really well, and it's great for shooting cans and metals in general. Ammo is cheap too, and it's a piston break barrel rather than using co2. I find it a really comfy air rifle.

Attached: gamo rocket.jpg (880x660, 45.47K)

Hey guys I made an airgun and it works like shit but it's retardedly powerful. I don't have the valve handles attached right now btw.

Attached: IMG_2285.PNG (562x726, 62.98K)

Specs?

varusteleka.com/en/product/british-ballistic-pelvic-protector-mtp-surplus/51760

Is that .5" bore?

Yes.

50 caliber with a 12" barrel. All parts are rated at >200 bar. It has 4 air magazines (5 if counting the midsection) but it has to be reloaded like a musket. I haven't done any formal testing (yet) but I know that it breaks/goes through most wood. I have a chronograph and I'll post the results when I get them.

Sidenote: from my calculations it probably hits about 500 J when using 1 chamber accounting for friction.

Nice, that's standard handgun power levels. Have you been shooting round balls, or conicals?

Round boys

So I finally got to watch this whole video. Good stuff, but the comments are ridiculous. Like this isn't expected out of a cheaper air rifle. Seems like guys with expensive guns insecure that a cheaper gun gets 70% of the performance of their $2k guns.

Bird skulls are pretty fragile. I've actually taken out doves with a cheesy airsoft pistol multiple times. You don't need much power.

bump

1,645 grams? Is that for an anti-tank airgun?

Europoors use "," in place of "." in relation to numbers. $1.234,45 makes sense to them while this $1,234.45 doesn't.

Can it kill birbs and ratos?

Is it pellet or bb?

BB. 6mm. 0.2 J strength.