Do you guys ever think back in the day muscle cuirass or armor that replicates human features was laughed at the same...

Do you guys ever think back in the day muscle cuirass or armor that replicates human features was laughed at the same scale skul balaclavas are laughed at now?

Attached: 541514451441515986241.jpg (1200x1812 84.95 KB, 250.88K)

No because those helmets weren't bought on-mass by security agencies for their honeypot right wing groups.

Fucking gay ass Praetorian Guard……

I dunno, a helmet like in that second image would look pretty terrifying barreling down on me, sharp stick in hand, emotionless save for the eyes.
The nipples do look pretty silly though.

Attached: RomanHelmet.jpg (375x569, 63.98K)

Just take pic related, mold it to a purely caucasoid face, and bam, modernised.

Attached: leadhead.jpeg (225x300, 6.79K)

Skulls, and by extension the entire Skeleton, is the best imagery you can use both in common life and in battle. The human body, even in its most basic and naked form, is still beautiful and something to admire. It's not because of "2spooky" or "edgy" memes but they lead to some pretty amazing creations like pics related or everything surrounding the Imperium of Man in WH40k.

It's the PERFECT memento mori, for your enemies and for you.

Attached: c4940d7409e7181e1c3959b1f193138fded6810b4380c49f7978c9b20d87fc30.jpg (400x406 63.38 KB, 19.83K)

Attached: Sutton Hoo Helmet.JPG (2848x2136, 1.35M)

The problem is that you wouldn't see shit wearing that, and you couldn't put on glasses or a gas mask. What you should do is to make a "flag cowl" to protect the head from shrapnel and fire, but leave an opening for the head. Use it in conjunction with a big fucking visor that protects from dust, gases, shrapnel and even lasers and shit. Also give him a helmet. Imagine something like judge Dredd's headgear. All he needs now is a quickly-attachable gas mask that connects to the visor. You could fashion the whole getup to look like something out of w40k.

Attached: krieg_grenadier_uniforms.jpg (1000x1282 389.22 KB, 543.98K)

No, because its practical. Usually practical things dont seem fucking stupid like impractical things that seem tryhady.

Oh god my sides

The superior mask of todays time. More unnerving than the skull mask as well.

Attached: B75B6B60-66A6-4E27-8C2B-DFB28EB97693.jpeg (750x644, 53.51K)

Why must you remind me? Now I will have to be reminded of face plate death, on top of many whinging jew about delicing.

People who wore that were generally kings, so I don't think so…

Attached: MaccabianJanissaries.jpg (534x742 340.66 KB, 119.5K)

Also.

There's some debate as to whether what are sometimes considered purely "ceremonial" armors were ever actually used in combat. I'm more in the field that generally they were, and my explanation would be very simple. When you go into combat, your chances of dying drastically increase. Do you really care if your lovingly detailed blackened armor takes a bit of a beating, or would you rather appear as fearsome and magnificent on the battlefield as you could?

And this doesn't just apply to those that had the material means to own herds of horses and suits of complete armor. Even mere professional soldiers would kit themselves out whenever they could.

Pic related–painted sallet currently residing in the Wallace collection.

Attached: 429356.jpg (366x428, 81.06K)

There have been mall ninjas for as long as there has been gear my friend.

There is key difference m8. Today people who we call mall ninja's are civilians.

True, but at that point in British history the line between combatant and civilian was … academic at best. Every man over the age of 12 was either a nobleman who was already trained for combat, a freeman who was sworn to answer his lords call for military service, or a villain/peasant who did not have the legal right to refuse his lords call for service.

Attached: roach.png (480x480, 456.56K)

Do these janissaries also get their dicks cut off by insane desert monkeys wearing turbans while they're kids?

If they do it's not mentioned. However they do answer to 'The Black Priests of Maccabeus' :^)

Attached: wanna become a jannisary.jpg (460x258, 21.92K)

What a waste of trips.
Janissaries were the Ottoman empire one and only actually decent combat force.
It's probably purely a coincidence that they were exclusively made up of kidnapped christian non-turks slaves (typically slavs)… /sarcasm

No, because the guys wearing them actually did some brutal crazy shit.
Skull balaclavas are typically just faggot larpers and fatty pogs that want to act like they're hot shit.
The handful who've actually done anything while wearing one are usually just plain autistic.

Splattered with a bit of blood that really would be kinda spooky to see in a fight.

Past people doing shit were doing it for real as they actually went into war with all that and fought. What they did was real. Today 90% of tacticoll gear is used by larping civilians who would never fight an enemy. What they do is not real though it has roots in real thing.

Another thing. Context is very important. Everything is subjective. We are product of our age. Who is soldier in our wars? Most known and gloried wars like WWI WWII? Well they were … slaves. This thing is not said loud for propaganda purposes but in the essence these soldiers were slaves. Sent into combat under threat of death sentence and never getting fruits of the win. And though we don't call them slaves we unconsciously treat them as what they are. As buglike creatures, cogs in the huge machine who are only allowed to die bleating as sheep. Bugs and cogs are not allowed to have individuality so public opinions invasion soldiers as uniform grey goo, numbers in the ledger. This why we inside frown at non approved decorations, been "out of regulations". (because we expect to see cogs).

Ancient context was absolutely opposite. Soldier was free citizen first. Labor is for slaves and serfs. War is for free citizens. Top soldiers, aristocracy occupied top of the social hierarchy. Can you imaging CEOs of S&P 500 and members of Senate PERSONALLY leading the charge into the Fallujah? Because this how past wars were fought. So perception of past times were completely different. We have no problems with our social top expressing individuality and using pointless (from the utility POV) decorations. Like golden clad Trump Tower. Because they are our overloads and they could do whatever the fuck they want. But our aristocracy are not warriors so this is expressed in the civilian life. Past aristocracy were warriors and they expressed themselves in the war first and the most. All the these personal coat of arms and gold were perceived as proper and fitting. Warriors were allowed to have individuality 90% of the remaining population looking at them from the bottom were are allowed to be cattle.

BTW today military shifts from soldiers slaves to mercenaries we see increase in the personal of expression. All these tactical beards, skull masks etc. But our perception is divided these soldiers are still not our aristocracy but mere salary men who serve real [spolier]jewish [/spoiler] banker overlords. So we expect to see cogs and bugs but we see something between and we cringe not knowing what to think, mercs don't fit.

Attached: 171234.jpg (564x712, 56K)

I've never liked the human face helms or nippled and six-packed platebody armor styles, even outside of the fact that I'm more of a practical guy. If I want some aesthetic, I want it to look cooler than a human face.

I hate that my head is super fat

My old man is firmly of the opinion that america started going down the tubes when they stopped electing soldiers. I think you should only be able to vote if either you own a house, or have served in the military.

Reminds me of an excerpt from Hagakure:

At the time of the attack on the castle at Shimabara, Tazaki Geki was wearing very resplendent armor. Lord
Katsushige was not pleased by this, and after that every time he saw something showy he would say, "That's just like
Geki's armor.''
In the light of this story, military armor and equipment that are showy can be seen as being weak and having no
strength. By them one can see through the wearer's heart.

Looking edgy or unoriginal would probably be more acceptable than trying to look excessively showy or fancy.

That looks really cool and all but it’s probably not worth the loss of peripheral vision, and hearing. Also hair getting stuck in the fans will be fun.

That's not a minion mask. The goofy will always be the most unnerving.

k

Strelok the skul balaclavas are made by machines handled by chinks or indians and made of recycled PET bottles.
The armor and clothes soldiers wore before the industrial revolution was handcrafted by Master Craftsmen and Tailors.

The way they've done it (semi spherical) is not worse than with ballistic goggles which are pretty mandatory everywhere.
The guy doing it is extremely autistic about it.
Also they cost around 2500$ per… (which is not so much if you're a OMFG DELTA$$$, a lot if you're a mall ninja).

Attached: afghansitan ronin.PNG (598x397, 335.58K)

Attached: Army of poo.jpg (762x1073, 773.3K)

Now go prone with that helmet.
Before firearms became common, nobody cared about that shit because if you fall on the ground during an armed melee you are done.
However on a modern battlefield where everybody has a weapon that can pierce even your armored face mask from hundred of meter away you want to be able to press as close to the ground as possible and thats impossible with that thing on.

Overall i think the helmet looks inferior to just using a regular kevlar helmet with a ballistic mask, there are several flaws with the design overall, the primary one being the mask is just too tight to the head. stopping a bullet means jack if the helmet deforms and smothers you. the various angles and rifts in the helmet also show an apparent lack of regard to the primary purpose of a kevlar helmet (HE and frag). if im being completely honest, i think the shift into offering battle-grade versions of the ronin is more about making the original product more marketable to airsofters than it is about providing protection to their armour customers.

If i were going for a bullet resistant setup id make a modernized version of the east german helmet, throw in one of those indonesian vega larp masks and be done with it.

It's clearly not meant to be a general infantry helmet but a police/spec ops thing to do room clearing.

Those things rank at the top of horrible gear design.
You can't see shit in them, you can't even breathe and they don't actually work (they're level IIa top). IIRC it's the LAPD/DEA? that "popularized" them (IE only third worlders police forces seem to actually issue them) for quick assaults against (poorly armed and never trained) criminals and they wanted to stop getting heads full of buckshot.

I'd rather have a fucking soviet Maska than that shit, because at least you can breathe, somewhat see and it will stop some threats something properly.

That mask looks retarded if they’re not fully armoured. Any skin showing makes him look like a LARPing fag. A full set of armour in the same style with no skin showing would look bad-ass. Though as to the practical aspect of a suit of armour like that…

You mean something like this?

Attached: There is no caption that fits this much awesome.jpg (764x488, 100.18K)

Attached: brazilian cyberpolice.jpg (1247x823, 327.23K)

To be entirely fair to the police in Brazil, they're taking HMG fire several times a week so they'd want decent body armour.

Attached: Police comparison.jpg (500x1209, 181.66K)

Attached: at first but then.jpeg (565x599, 356.12K)

I'm getting starship troopers vibes here, but i'm pretty sure that's riot gear. We also had our cops with something like that a year ago in a minor riot.

Attached: 5644d381caeafd7a03fbc004bcb0bcaf8db3f4cf0314507d08f0577f68e58945.jpg (1920x1080, 547.47K)

I like it

That shit looks cool, but there’s a reason all of them are riot police and not combating ranged opponents (ie: people with guns). Armour is great for street clashes where you’re getting hit with melee weapons, and having bricks and shit thrown at you but it’s combat effectiveness goes down significantly when your dealing with lead going faster than sound. Which is why swat or counter-terror or the army doesn’t wear that stuff. Also for riot police an intimidation factor (wearing all black armour with no face shown) that wouldn’t work with a guy lining up his 1960s surplus’s AK at you. Thats why you wear dresses or go naked

Is full body armor possible in the near future?
What about augmented armor?
Something like Jin Roh.

I know exactly what you're talking about but seem to have misplaced or misnamed the files.
pls post, I only have this shitty webm as payment

Attached: A Goofy Angel's Thesis.webm (480x360, 3.99M)

Kino

does anyone know something about those russian helmets and practicalities/usefullness/ tactics of wearing them?

Attached: 1_1433159746.jpg (500x460, 37.29K)

Breaching/CQC stuff. They made a suit that is 6A and apparently is built for bouncing x54r AP point blank

I can understand why battle standards fell out of fashion with the modern military, but at the same time it is kind of a shame.

Hey, the A1s had to go somewhere.

They are made for eating big, getting big, lifting bigger, and replacing knock knock jokes with boot to the door jokes.

Pros:
Cons:

It was made for Russians. If they were ever sober enough to notice the sensation they wouldn't complain.

They're not actually Russian.
They're something the Swiss came up with, the Soviets bought theirs from Switzerland and Austria, both Austrian, Swiss and East and West German police units also had them.
Then the soviet set up productions lines to make different versions and variants.
The cheap one being the "sphera" helmet (Sh-81 or something) which is just a bunch of titanium curved plates.
The expensive ones is a one piece stamped titanium shell + aramid layer with visor and thick polycarbon on it and integrated coms, like the Swiss version.
The mass issue/stop gap version is the same but made of steel (Maska) and therefore much more heavier with slit visor to reduce it's front weight.
Another version was made in the 90's (the one in the pic) and doesn't have the integrated coms.
The Maska are really heavy but the titanium ones are ok to wear for a prolonged time (it's not worse than WWII steel helmets).
The main advantage of those is that the visor can defeat fast threats like 7,62 Tokarev.
IIRC the visor is GOST level 2 and the helmet itself level 3.
Russian test are at 5m, 16mm max deformation, 0° angle, wet, no padding.
Level 1 is 5 shots of 9x18mm (and 7.62 Nagant), level 2 is 5 shots of 7.62 TT, level 3 is 3 shot of older AK rounds (both 7.62 and 5.45).

As anyone know DOJ IIIa doesn't stop 5 rounds of 7.62 TT, so yeah those works… but again it's not $500 a helmet.

(Also 5 shot of PSM 5.45mm for level 2)

Attached: 0a9310043114a5cd0942367a46909e1ff3d3ad76649ba4bf5249aaa78f24144c.jpg (1080x1523, 229.37K)

Attached: Mum said I look cool.jpg (939x704, 157.92K)

Intimidation factor you say? if you really want to amp up the intimidation then we can remove the historically inaccurate trousers, that were put there for modern censorship reasons, and give him a chariot

Attached: u fokken wat m8!.jpg (300x394, 20.75K)

Just like the Africans do today

Attached: akuaku.jpg (565x678, 78.82K)

So they've finally caught up to ~300BC?

Body armour is great for firefights too, level 3 will stop rifle rounds. It's just a different type of armour for different threats.

On the US history channel they have (or used to have) a show about 4 blacksmiths coming and they’re challenged to make some knives and two are eliminated. The last two go home and make a historical blade, they did some African ones and when the show explained he history of the weapon they had to make, all of the African “swords” or abominations were from the 18-19th century made from iron (not steel). So while they were being colonized by empires with firearms they were just starting iron smithing.

Did they decarburize the metal?

Careful what you wish for, bubbo!

There is no way this could backfire.

This is what nigs were making during colonization

Attached: 004A567A-C9F7-431E-A12E-34C2EAB7A2BA.jpeg (450x333 33.99 KB, 17.92K)

Was this part of a joke that got out of hand? Presumably involving the phrase 'this is my knife-dick!'.
Not a terrible blade design, but where's the fucking hilt?
I'm hoping that was designed for throwing rather than edgelordery, but that doesn't help it much
Yeah, that's an accessory, not a weapon.

Oh yeah, and they're all Iron, meaning they can't hold an edge for shit.

The third one is called a kpinga, it's sort of a throwing axe. I think the idea is that you chuck it at the enemy's feet while charging them, and the multiple blades cause it to bounce up unpredictably.

sickle, but worthless
2nd
3rd
4th

Only twenty-six of our forty-five Presidents ever served.

The problem the modern US has stems from is the practice of affluent families (poorly) grooming their off-spring to become politicians through the aid of political groups (DNC, RNC, GOP, ect…) for the continuation or initiation of a political dynasty. Rather than business magnates, lawyers, ect… answering the call of public service out of concern for national welfare or national defense, these are families looking to stick Johnny Come Lately into a position of power to alter economics, geopolitics, social issues, ect… to further their personal and,or monetary gains (because most of these fuckheads they get into power sacred the shit out the rest of the family because of their abysmal inability to do anything properly or worthwhile). This is one of the reasons Trump was so popular (A billionaire business & real-estate mogul, who had no previous family or personal involvement in politics throwing his hat in the ring). The likes of Washington, Adams, ect.. down on to Lincoln were never career politicians, but career businessmen, lawyers, philanthropists, entrepreneurs, career military officers, ect… that answered a call to public service after a lifetime of other ventures.

Just look at the Kennedy's, they've been (poorly so) riding the coat tails of Joseph, John, and Bobby, trying to carry on a dynasty (every Kennedy after John and Bobby has been a fucking cuck of epic proportions). The same with the Bush Family, trying to ride the coat tails of Bush Sr. (everyone though G.W. was a fucking joke, well then they put Jeb into the ring). Once these people entrench themselves in some way, like Bush Sr. did with his time as CIA Director, they try to carry on that political growth, rather than with past politicians serving their time and vacating their post to return to their former lives. Notice how none of the Presidents in recent years have any real military experience, be it as a combat officer or staff officer, they serve a few years in a reserve unit (if they serve at all), then use that as a brownie point during the election cycle. A President doesn't have to serve, but the one's that had actual served during a time of war or over the course of their lifetime in a reserve competent after a stint on active duty.

In short, it's career politicians and their failures as people that have fucked the country.

This would work if the US was more homogeneous and more nationally right leaning, with a common external opposition that threatens the way of life of a nation; like the Soviets during the Cold War or ZANU & ZAPU during the Rhodesian Bush War, that kind of threat drives citizens together, unless of course they're a commie.

That's what it looked like, the spin it would get as you threw it should work with that distribution of blades to improve the odds of it doing some damage with the possible exception of javelins, throwing weapons need all the help they can get. So it is in essence a more expensive, bulkier, lower quality, edgier, and less effective shuriken. You've got to really WORK to build a weapon shittier than a shuriken, and somehow they managed it.

This will only get worse and worse as Caesarism gets stronger. This is the result of a developed civilization concentrating all its political and economic power in a few world cities.

Attached: Spengler was right.png (861x498, 117.8K)

Did they decarburize the cast iron (which is diametrically opposite to pure iron, carbonically speaking)?

Attached: The Many Faces of Robotnik.webm (480x360, 8.65M)

It's called Forged in Fire. Also the african swords are shaped like dicks- I remember seeing something where an african explained it was, in fact, supposed to be a dick so you can stab the other man with your masculinity. see this .

Attached: makrakka.jpeg (600x315, 11.53K)

Not enough of a metallurgist to give you a definite answer there mate. My first instict is to ask what sort of process that would require and what sort of infrastructure, tech, and understanding those processes would depend upon.

These days we inject oxygen into the molten cast iron, I don't know how or if it would have been possible back then.

more explicit examples of dick swords

Attached: kpinga_sword_and_knives_610x479.jpg (610x479, 190.76K)

The Mahdists bought mass produced German and Italian blades and put handles on them.

Forged in Fire. It's pure kino

Attached: kaskara_1.JPG (800x600, 167.53K)

It sounds unlikely that these swords would have had oxygen pumped into the molten iron. It might just have been (vaguely) sharpened pig iron.

They used wrought iron, it can’t be tempered or hardened, it’s what we used before steel. I believe you take normal iron and put it in a blast furnace which I presume melts the iron but not the carbon.

Attached: A741421A-7991-473D-B796-D6E6DD359E12.jpeg (632x483, 303.01K)

Attached: Muh Dik Dik.jpg (625x513, 131.74K)

So basically all the Subsaharan africans did in the 18/19 century was making iron throwing sticks.

Not surprising really.

Oh, that's not fair. They were VAGUELY SWORD SHAPED iron throwing sticks.

Would African firearms look like beins?
Would African space battleships look like beins?

But yes.

Africans never invented the blast furnace for steel making, instead using the more primitive bloomery process. The iron "bloom" has to be folded and homogenized over many heats, which causes the carbon picked up during smelting to be oxidized off, resulting in wrought iron. Wrought iron cant be hardened by quenching like steel does (not enough carbon to undergo a proper martensitic transformation).

Basically, "muh dik" swords are flaccid iron that cant hold an edge for shit or take a beating, but they would work against unarmored opponents as much as I hate to admit it.

I would really like to see an african bneis firearm.
The barrel would be the dezdigel and sgroddum :DD, the cannon the shaft and the tip, the head.
A rifle would make a good representation too.
Would be fun.