How effective would Nod from Command & Conquer be as a military force?

How effective would Nod from Command & Conquer be as a military force?

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/zx5zuw.mp4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_Patrol_Vehicle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chenowth_Advanced_Light_Strike_Vehicle
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Even if the world powers facing off against them were able to advance their own tech, or adapt Nods tech to their own ends, it's not going to end well for anyone other than Nod. Even if it didn't go full war immediately the economic power granted by tiberium (where Nod would have a massive head start) and Nods propensity to subvert other organisations would make them a dominant world player very quickly.

KANE LIVES!

They had some interesting firepower for sure.

Attached: 9B9C6777-76F0-41C6-A246-3F5A43CA4FE2.jpeg (1280x657, 465.28K)

Attached: path.png (802x500 451.59 KB, 215.92K)

Truly a legend of our time. I thought I'd saved the mp4, but I can't find it.

Here's the full match with some webms
files.catbox.moe/zx5zuw.mp4

Attached: Burgers Play C&C.webm (320x240 6.44 MB, 1.38M)

PEACE
THROUGH
POWER

Honestly something about the Brotherhood awakens a kind of madness in me where i want to see such an entity created just to know if i can. In the C&C lore it's either implied or outright stated that the Brotherhood is as old as any civilization if not older, which explains the organizations massive global reach and resource base. It makes me wonder though, what would you have to do in order to build such an organization from scratch in the modern world? certainly it would cost hundreds of millions if not billions just to acquire the various factories required to construct the basis for such an impervious guerrilla force. So im thinking you need to own atleast:

-a shipyard capable of constructing large-size undersea vessels (something typhoon/akula sized)
-an aircraft company capable of producing at least medium sized cargo helicopters
-at least one large front company to give lawful reason to have agents wherever you want (oil or mineral company)

Once those things are established you can begin any number of legal/illegal activities to begin further growth of the organizations. Infact, provided you didn't provoke anyone i doubt NATO would even be willing to consider the bill required to patrol for submersibles on that scale. one shipment of wheat smuggled into best korea would probably buy you all the shitty helical magazines you could ever want.

FOR THE TECHNOLOGY OF PEACE

Attached: Akula.jpg (1024x768, 159.94K)

I'm pretty sure that if you tried to get Nod off the ground in the modern world you'd either be arrested or 'disappeared' by one or more intelligence agencies, or you'd get subverted pretty swiftly by the same groups.

Nod is also from an alternative history where Hitler didn't exist and WW2 was a fight between the Allies and Soviets.

The only trouble with taking red alert and the tib series as one conjoined timeline is that it was clearly only decided that they could be joined well after red alert. Kane was only really present in the first game as an easter egg in his scenes as the adviser and during the ending. The biggest problem is fitting RA2 into the picture, what is the brotherhood doing during the 70's, why does the brotherhood not have a bunch of yuri tech during the tib series. it's only really in renegade that we start to see references to it being the actually the same universe. sage for my post being too /v/ and not enough Zig Forums, also nice painter dubs.

Westwood were going to shoehorn RA2 into the Tiberium Universe with Incursion and Renegade 2
If Nod were to appear in this universe they would absolute BTFO of the US Military, as everything Nod actually has in it's arsenal seems geared to fight the US. Lots of fast hit and run light vehicles with AT and even AA. Inexpensive and good use of artillery which is something US likes to ignore. Devastating infantry suited for Urban Warfare. Saturating areas with SAM's so the US can't count on air support. Nod are the insurgency from hell. As soon as the US got it's first true bloody nose they'd fuck off back home. Hell most of NATO would do the same as they can't replace any losses they take. The only powers that would ever be able to fight Nod properly would be Russia and China just by giving zero fucks and being willing to throw everything at them.
tl;dr version: Nod would fuck the shit out of everyone as barely anyone would have the balls to fight them and nobody has the money.

How does being invisible protect you from WP saturation bombing?

i think other than the sophistication that the force has, another big thing here is the particular culture of war that the brotherhood uses. Seth for example was executed for ordering a direct attack on the united states, which is a big separating factor between nod and any of the real world insurgent forces we have. if you look at real life, it's almost ubiquitous for a terror cell or insurgent force to directly attack their main target the moment they're able. nod on the other hand are perfectly content to grow and expand in ares their enemies don't even care to challenge them.

being invisible is more than just not knowing where something is in amongst a few kilometers of rural hilltops. if you're sending bombers after a hypothetical brotherhood of nod, which country do you send them to? where do you base these planes that is both safe and in range? how much money are you capable (not willing, capable) of spending to eliminate nod forces in a single country? what kill ratio do you need in order to make all the planes you lose to SAM sites worth it?

Nod made it a priority to gain influence in areas where there was a lot of resources. In particular they gained control of South America, Africa and large chunks of Asia. If someone did this in real life, even without Tiberium, they would control the vast majority of the world's natural resources. Nod if they took over Africa alone would become retardedly rich that they could simply outspend anyone if they wanted to.

Not to mention all the fodder they could recruit from pisspoor nations.

True that. Come to think of it if Zig Forums took over Africa we would be able to hold the world hostage simply by cutting off shipments of raw materials. Western economies would collapse before we would

brotherhood of Zig Forums never ever…

Never say never.

Attached: DUerOj9W0AI1gfM.jpg (640x400, 29.77K)

You wash your mouth out with soap son.

Attached: Ave Nex Alea.png (2048x1152, 2.38M)

Better than the (((Globalist))) Defence Initiative that's for sure.

Attached: ATF.jpg (2576x1932, 2.9M)

DEFEAT JEW D I!

That's the whole point. While the world starves for resources since we won't need their trade to survive or have a good time the Brotherhood of Zig Forums will eventually emerge victorious.

Attached: 64866744_p0_master1200.jpg (720x1200, 663.64K)

Brotherhood of Zig Forums absolutely.

So when do we put TOW's on motorbikes?

Attached: Recon_Bike.jpg (704x496, 64.75K)

As soon as fuckin possible.

Since the GDI and Nod campaigns took place on completely different continents, could they both have been canon? GDI defeats Nod in Europe but they manage to hijack the Ion Cannon for a last strike before going into the shadows.

i believe both campaigns begin to converge into the battle for sarajevo don't they? also theres the part where kane gets ionized, he wouldn't be able to offer you the chance to choose a target to eliminate at the end of the game. that said, all of the events that don't conflic probably are canon considering nod seems to have a huge stronghold in east africa during tib sun.

Are bradley IFVs actually the best armour for an insurgent force? i feel like a dedicated ATGM platform would be best since during the gulf wars bradleys mainly engaged armour with their TOW launchers anyway. Maybe a battle bus with some missiles on top, or a dedicated tracked vehicle, maybe using drones to attack around cover/concealment?

Attached: Stryker_M1134_ATGM.jpg (1024x683, 115.82K)

A single Javelin angled upwards in the centerline, plus two racks of hydras on either side would be more effective.

Attached: 4042013.png (800x800, 564.78K)

WE FIGHT FOR KANE

Attached: 351472-kane2.jpg (500x338, 22.28K)

ok i chuckled.

kane would gas this degenerate

Attached: ShiggyOrk.png (394x294, 95.75K)

Wouldn't we be Digganobz rather than orks there?

Not if Zig Forumsommandos find ways to reproduce using spores.

At last we'd truly be Or/k/ with our ongoing mission to find enough Dakka.

Attached: 1304117942372.png (750x750, 339.54K)

That's a little extreme, don't you think? I have it on good authority that there are at least a handful of good, conservative, hasfuns, XX females on Zig Forums. Not nearly enough to go around of course, but as Zig Forumsommandtopia starts to grow wealthier and more powerful I'm sure that the number of wifeable female immigrants fleeing increasingly cucked states would increase.

A true Or/k/ would know that there can never be enough dakka. You should simply search for MOAR!!!!, not delude yourself with dreams of enough.

Attached: 1439723342085.jpg (761x956, 637.94K)

not very good, GDI has orbital strikes and a non polluted living zone as opposed to shithood of nod

But if we don't have to worry about reproducing and let the spores produce a new generation of Or/k/s then we get to spend more time finding moar dakka while not having to worry about dying out. Think about it.

Are you a good enough genetic engineer to actually get Zig Forumsommandos reproducing via spores?

How hard can it be?

You forgot to mention the fanatics of the Black Hand led by a Bosnian Serb - because you need a dose of "crazy" to use such weapons properly. Westwood sure was inspired by IRL 90s "bad guys".

Attached: Anton Slavik.jpg (640x480, 203.73K)

I tell you what, you get working on that, and keep us up to date.

Wouldn't you need a number of Serbs in an organisation to even consider using weapons like that?

i interpreted the subject of the thread as Nod injected into reality, not GDI vs Nod in the setting, that said GDI ion cannons cant be that good since they aren't perpetually in use in the setting, and blue zones would have substantially lower resources than yellow zones. That said though, i never really like the world building and lore that was done in three and always preferred the scary world of tib sun where even scandinavia and europe were fucked up.

is it fucked that Anton Slavik was my childhood idol?

sage because again, mainly a /v/ post on my part.

Just look at Israel.

Think of what would happen if the user invents the WAAAAAGH!
We could weaponize meme magic! Water armour would become a thing! We could literally shitpost our enemies to death!

Attached: Gorkamorka_Da_Rulz_Cover.jpg (1066x1026, 425.08K)

Is that a meme I missed? I'll grant you it would be wonderful to have large groups of Zig Forumsommandos make the lunacy of our design threads into something (vaguely) solid in RL, but wouldn't that also mean that other memes became real too? Fuddlore would become truth. Leftist nonsense everywhere would actually start to gather evidence and data. Gender would not only become a real thing, but it would definitely be a social construct. Is that really the world you want to live in?

I see you are new here.

Attached: Warthog_Nose_Art.jpg (640x800, 146.81K)

Basically, a Canadian decided that the ultimate form of passive protection for tanks would be armor made from water, as it would allow RPGs and other anti-tank weaponry to "harmlessly" pass through the entire tank.

Not particularly, but if you've got a greentext then feel free to drop it.

user, c'mon man we are not that crazy… I think. Don't believe GDI lies.

Wait a sec are you telling me that you looked up to a handsome and determined commander who was dedicated to his cause, loyal to his leader and followers, a man of action, a man who despised traitors and executed them with his own blade while having hot pic related at his side? I have absolutely no idea why would any, ANY child be idolizing a man like that! And that reminds me: Nod also had very good, effective and widespread propaganda - a powerful weapon.

Attached: Oxanna Kristos.jpg (640x480, 184.64K)

Brotherhood of Zig Forums flag and insignia when?

It wasn't intended as an insult Serbbro. If nothing else, as you say, Anton Slavik was a man worthy of respect.

Me thinks we'll just go on going while the world burns. Who needs victory when you got the dakka to have fun.

I dunno man, like whenever.

Billiard balls and neck knives man.

Attached: Kane lives question mark.png (600x280, 14.77K)

I know you meant all the best, Britbro. We're cool. :D

Attached: Ratko Mladic.jpg (640x319, 23.17K)

Word

HOTWHEELS LIVES IN DEATH!

Basis for a Brotherhood of Zig Forums assault buggy?

Attached: 6610568D-FAC1-489A-9528-FD26530CD860.jpeg (620x400, 51.06K)

Dude

Man, I miss the little guy. I hope hes doing alright

I'd rather use the chassis of an old VW with some beefed up suspension almost like what the Iranians got.

Got a reference pic for that?

Just imagine it with a shorter wheel base. It would be ideal.

Attached: Dune, Iran.jpg (898x585, 209.48K)

Almost like a compact version of the Desert Patrol Vehicle from GW1 then?

Yeah, exactly. Also that thing I posted reminds me of that vehicle Nod had in the first game

I've just seen a couple going between $7500 and $20,000 depending on condition.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_Patrol_Vehicle
Desert storm Sandrail

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1200x787, 1.89M)

Aren't those things almost exclusively built for dunes? bearing in mind that it could be deployed in many different areas, how would it cope with that? im not very /o/ but the SRT-V seems less nice, maybe im wrong?

It's basically a tube framed vw that has a reworked motor and drivetrain. It probably works fine everywhere, dont think it has locked diffs or anything that would preclude road use.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chenowth_Advanced_Light_Strike_Vehicle
this is the follow up but the first one if you see in the article is the basis for the command and conquer unit

I don't imagine they'd be hard at all to modify from the basic model either. Just need a welder.

The cool down timer on your orbital strikes in game isn't the charge up or wind down between firings. It's the wait queue because they're in such constant demand between commanders. The network is firing 24/7, at least in one part of the timeline.

They'll go everywhere that isn't trees.

You can build them for even cheaper if you've got a scrapyard around.

Cheap, economical, and we can fit them with any GPMG or launcher system we can get our hands on.

Attached: water armor.png (916x407, 45.12K)

I think you need to fix your humour detector mate.

Nice triple-dubs. Besides, he's a Serb, you don't want to piss him off.

How would we prevent power struggles in the Brotherhood of Zig Forums?

Attached: kane_removing.mp4 (638x372, 7.92M)

Unless it gets divided on some trivial issue
We'll be fine

Everyone knows 7.62 is the best pistol round.

So when does the brotherhood start spreading from this thread?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1280x720, 458.69K)

It has already started, brother

In the Tiberium Universe NATO was more heavily controlled by the Soviets and founded GDI, while Nod used US equipment during the first War.

9x19 and .45 ACP will be in a perpetual cold war while .40 short and weak and 10mm '$2.50 a round for ammo with actual powder in the case' try to pretend their still relevant.

Is 5.7mm trying to stay neutral? Or has it declared itself yet?

Attached: 6a00d834515cf969e200e54f4847978834-500wi.jpg (460x354, 28.6K)

Have we started the fire, brother?

Attached: 1930s man.jpg (200x246, 10.78K)

any proper marksman should be able to kill someone with a single shot from a .177 pellet gun tbh

7.62x25 goes through anything though

Attached: PPSh-41_S.png (256x333, 99.92K)

The Brotherhood of Zig Forums would clearly settle on 10mm and everyone would be happy.

Attached: not.png (1339x1344, 91.05K)

As has the pistol caliber power struggle that consumes Nod.

and we haven't even started the discussion about whether or not the Avatar is a retarded waste of money or an awesome waste of money.

Awesomely retarded?

Would developing and manufacturing a working railgun and buying surplus armor to mount it to be a better use of those funds?

Funny enough a lot of cut units from Tiberian Dawn had infantry using 10mm

5.7 and 4.6 are queer for each other, but they're both too tsundere to do anything about it.

I think that the money would be better spent trying to mass produce man portable rotary barrel railguns and issuing them to every man in your armed forces, and then paying for their lifelong medical care and disability benefits.

At least they aren't tick tanks