Debt-laden gun maker Remington files for chapter 11 bankruptcy

marketwatch.com/story/debt-laden-gun-maker-remington-files-for-chapter-11-bankruptcy-2018-03-25

Attached: 702C35C4-E480-4C17-B90B-385FB2C874EB.png (994x733, 821.19K)

Who gets the factories ?

Its the holding company that is going to shit, not Remington/Marlin/Everyone else they've gobbled

Maybe they’ll get bought be someone with good QC ( or is post 2008 reminton being shit just a meme?)

What are the chances that a Chinese company (or any other foreign national/corporation) gets to buy them out? I hope that there are laws against that.

Asking for a friend; the fucking chinks are buying up ports left and right, from Somalia to Darwin. The Yellow Peril isn't a joke, it's a serious problem.

Remington does their own QC. The problem is that the parent company directed cost-cutting and this is how it ended up. If they want to do better, they need a good influx of capital, and that means new employees too. That's not going to happen, though, and what we'll likely see is more people let go. Buy a Savage 10 and be happy with your purchase. Only thing I don't like is that they no longer feature the indian head on their logo. There was actually a cool story behind that, but I guess they were afraid of being called racists, which I get.

It ain't a meme, and puts why it isn't.

You should see the western seaboard. They're using the housing market to launder their money. It's hilarious. I doubt a foreign company would buy them, I have a feeling Remington will be Remington again and so forth.

In before FN buys them also.

All the doors of the winchester house would open and a hundred thousand clones of old man Oliver with bat wings and glowing red eyes would spew forth to drag all living souls back into hell.

Was the R51 really that fucking bad?

Oh and also, what with Sandy Hook lawsuits being cited as one of the reasons for their bankruptcy, won't this just incentivize more motherfuckers to file spurious lawsuits for the purpose of shutting down gun manufacturers?

Sad tbh. A company is not responsible for what users do with their products, nor did they directly target Adam Lanza with their marketing.

Founded in 1816, Remington is America's oldest gun maker. makes it even more sad

It's just the shit creeping closer to the blades.

Could the government buy the rights to it and make it into Springfield Armoury 2.0? Even if civilian sales stop at least it'll be alive.

>inb4 H_eckle my cocK__ gets a hold of the remington factories and stars mass producing guns for the civilian market at a reasonable price
We can never have good things happen to us.

It's the freedom group, they changed their name

Sandy Vag had nothing to do with it. Remington products have had shit quality control for a while now, that was just an excuse. Any retard that uses this to try and sue another company will accomplish nothing besides racking up lawyer fees.

F

Attached: sadolf.jpg (209x203, 24.65K)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 29026235_1867661589974436_759023942152224768_n.png (500x373, 203.57K)

Remington has gone down the drain but they don't deserve this. This is what happens when you have a mixed economy, you let retards sue companies for the actions committed by individuals.

Attached: 4cb7264e4f9a9b9c7d81279b02b881eb6246eaad5fcf292907fe809acfa8aea7.jpg (469x728, 62.56K)

Freedom group is a parent company, just like Alphabet owns Google, however Remington is a sub-entity and therefore still its own thing. You wouldn't say that Lamborghini changed its name to Volkswagen just because Volkswagen Group bought them.

And by the way, Freedom Group is just a conglomerate that is owned by Cerberus Capital Management. It's money-grubbing assholes all the way down.

It was, there's no real reason why something that could have been a more modern take on a Makarov had to be such a pain in the ass to disassemble/reassemble, why Remington thought to try and pass it off as a subcompact when it was almost as big as a 1911 and why it could was so fickle about ammo when it was designed as a CCW. Remington tossed their hat into the market oversaturated with compact and subcompact handguns and not only did their offering failed all of it's goals but all the other competitors actually worked too.

China wouldn't even need to buy out Remington. Norinco pumps out 870s that work.

Attached: Police 870 SBR.jpg (903x502, 172.62K)

No, you spastic retard, Freedom Group changed its name to Remington Outdoor Company. This is not the Remington arms manufacturer. Basic reading comprehension and five seconds in Google would have told you this, but you decided to be a cocksucker talking about irrelevant truisms instead while pretending you knew better than someone who was correct.

Why am I even responding to you? It's obvious that you're not from here, and you're trying too hard to fit in despite not knowing information that has been discussed in at least a dozen threads in the last two years.

>>>/reddit/
>>>/out/
>>>/halfchan/
>>>/autism/

Attached: a0d6f0ca621da64f30fbd32128fbfdd19e15d76701a97e5c9a3e9c00c2b1e0bd.jpg (987x700, 90.37K)

Is that an M1 sight post on that Remmy? Aftermarket along with the furniture, yeah?

wot

Attached: smokes in spanish.jpg (960x957, 128K)

they discussed this like a year ago.

Attached: 1522091562932.png (181x204, 59.66K)

I don't know why you're freaking out, britbong had it ass backwards.

wot

14" SBS's were really, REALLY popular with the LEO crowd for several years. I think a big part of it was simple dickwaving over a lot of the states still having 'more for me but not for thee' laws and the proles simply couldn't have NFA guns.
And after I type that I realize you were pointing out it was labeled as an SBR while being a shotgun. Hey at least it wasn't a form 1 with that mistake.

No, you've got it backwards lad. Freedom group purchased Remington and then subsequently changed their own name to "Remington" as well to avoid all the flak they had been getting under the freedom group label due to their shitty kikish policies of profit over everything else.

Okay, then I guess other Strelok wasn't the other one that was confused by your post. It seemed to imply Remington had changed its name to Freedom Group and not the other way around.