Just curious, being that pic related is the answer to gun control...

Just curious, being that pic related is the answer to gun control, does Zig Forums think it is possible to design an ABS based receiver for common bolt guns, at the very least a .22? I'm well aware AR lowers can be made with one, but I figured why not.

Attached: 3dprinter.jpg (1600x1471, 306.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberator_(gun)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You could legalize any and all firearms if you fully control who gets ammo and how much.

In an AR, the lower is basically just a box to hold the magazine and trigger pack; it does nothing to contain the pressure of the cartridge, nor to translate the recoil to the stock. Likewise, the upper is merely a pathway in which the bolt and carrier can reciprocate.

In a bolt action, the locking surfaces and recoil lug are integral to the receiver. If you try to make, for instance, a Remington 700 receiver out of ABS will work, but only once. Subsequent to this, if you are lucky, you will live to endure a lifetime of pirate jokes.

Now cut it out with the 3D printer meme and start pushing for the proliferation of machine tools and fabrication skills.

Stupid question, has anyone ever been able to make stuff that's not a handgun out a mini lathe? I'm worried the large southbend lathes aren't exactly cut out for clandestine movement.

Attached: 4b862b42bfd3d8bde8e9fbcf6fc72baff49d5e7ca347755227b38efdb4a24195.jpg (255x246, 22.83K)

Chemistry set with house hold chemicals and even a basic hand reloading set makes that useless too. It'll be a pain in the ass but anyone needing to "upgrade" or get more gear will only need a handful of rounds while waiting in ambush in some alley. This shit has happened before.
Cops get called to a place for possible domestic violence or some other less severe issue that will get them thinking shit won't go down then out of the corner comes Pablo with a hi point steadily advancing on them from behind while all they can do is grab their dicks and keel over. Now Pablo has a service pistol, a shotgun or maybe a full fun AR, with a bunch of extra gear.

>>>/reddit/

MUH REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDIIIIIIIIT SPAAAAAAAAAAAACIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

If an EDM sinker head can be attached to a 3d printer, anyone could CNC cut metal with little cost. When I'm not in school I plan on building one myself.

you should contact this guy
youtu .be/EeKreZqgi9M

I've never done any EDM myself, but I've talked to some people who have.
From what they've told me, it's slow as hell, removes very little material at a time, and is only really good for the stupid hard stuff you can't reliably cut any other way. So it's the machine you go to when you break off a carbide tap in a half a million dollar injection mold, but forget exists the rest of the time.

3d printers are still a meme, if you want to make something useful and durable you need to be working with steel.
Come back to me when you have their budget.

Attached: khyber pass machine shop.jpg (790x582, 182.12K)

"The real answer to gun control is blackpowder muzzleloading pistols made from black iron pipe, to shoot a cop with and take his better shit" -PewDiePie

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberator_(gun)

Crates and crates of these fuckers hidden behind dry wall beside studs, tucked into metal vents, inside furniture, buried, under floorboards, inside hollow cinder blocks, in the cement of sidewalks with rebar. The government couldn't confiscate all these without demolishing the house hiding them and picking through the rubble by hand.

Something like that is what any authoritarian government deserves to deal with.

A man who goes into the trades and works construction for decades can cause a real pain in the ass for ZOGs

Attached: 1463429173944.png (473x456, 27.17K)

So what you are saying is make shotshell landmines with 3d printers. got it.

That's not Reddit spacing, you fucking newfag.

3D of the ones we can actually afford are useless for firearm making. If you're poor but still want to has, get a vertical drill press, you can make some neat shotguns with it.

Barrel is the really hard part, everything else yes.

you can easily 3D print in metal by taking a welder and using it as the extruder you can more than pull it off.

You'll still need to clean it up but it's still pretty good for getting something in the general shape.

If only people knew how easy it was to set up a machineshop, In India, they still use coal powered machines, one big steam engine and lots of pulleys.

Attached: Metal-3D-Printers-To-Become-Much-Cheaper-Now-that-Patents-Are-Expiring-455596-3.jpg (973x426 259 KB, 838.61K)

You can rifle a barrel with a button and a hammer. Readily available tubes can be used for guns too, go for THICC walls and 4140 steel.

You do know that a lot of the mechanical properties get lost right? That thing is not melting the metal, every welding is a weak point for the piece. Also, what are you intending to do? What kind of piece? A sear/a trigger? A fucking drill press can make those with some modifications that are simpler -and about as cheap- as your fucking contraption. A receiver can be made using ready available capillary tubbing (for pistol cartridge firearms at least).
What's the goal of that thing and what advantage do you think it has?
Melting aluminium is also a viable option depending on your resources. Lost material casting is one of the few legitimate uses for 3D printers when it comes to firearm making.

Oh I'm aware that it loses mechanical properties, but it can be tempered.

It is also an alternative to lost material casting mainly because you have a more consistent material dispersal rather than risking bubbles in your casting process.

If, you use a material that is for casting, like A380 or a material for welding (like the 2000 series of alloys for aluminum) you end up with a stronger material than just casting.

These are just for receivers, frames, carriers (not the bolts) and trigger assemblies. Wouldn't use this on the Bolt, Trunion and Barrel.

Using tubing is fine and all, Stamping are more difficult due to the heat treatment you'll have to give them. But compared to casting it's much better.

3D printers are step one in a proper CNC mill, and are good for getting your design out and into the world for you to hold and demonstrate to anyone else interested.

A lathe and a man with know how is the most dangerous person on the planet to any form of gun control.

Ok but what about ammo?

wat

You can turn brass, you know.

you don't understand, I mean what about ammo, as in, how do I manufacture ammo from literally 0?

I was considering buying the tips, powder and primer and getting the machine to press used casings back into shape to refuse and refill before capping. Is it too much of a hassle?

Start learning how to make black powder and use match heads as your primer.

A better method of printing in metal is laying down a layer of metal dust, spreading it flat with a screed, then going over it with an electron gun to weld the dust particles together. The only problem with this method is cost. It's been done, but the machine's are fucking expensive.

"From literally zero" would seem to preclude the use of bought components as you state, but okay. You might want to pick up a book on basic reloading.

Broken down by component and difficulty:

That method isn't exactly better when it comes to strength, it's better when it comes to accuracy but it's quite brittle.

Welds, depending on what you use, can be as strong as forgings.

You can make Brass with a hot press that can be made with a simple lathe, turn the extractor groove on the same lathe.

Anvils in primers can be made out of steel with stampings, same for the cups. The primer compound can be made out of Sulfur/Phosphor and a perchlorate .

Smokeless can be made by soaking cotton into Concentrated sulfuric acid till black then placing it into a COOLED Nitrate solution. (it's very important that it's cooled otherwise it would be an explosive misadventure).

Projectiles can easily be made by casting lead, tin or brass, if you want it jacketed, you can use enamel paint or copper electroplating.

Hope that all helps.

I wouldn't say welds are as strong as forgings. Castings, but not forgings. Welds are puddles of molten metal, when they cool the metal gets brittle. Forgings are pressed when hot to alter the formation of crystals in the metal.

Welding is certainly better than brazing of soldering, but it's not at the same level as forging.

Welding is a weak point for a couple of reasons:
First, you have two faces meeting at a sharp angle. Sharp angles concentrate forces at a point, curves distribute forces.

Second, it does melt the two pieces being joined in order to get proper fusion. Doing that means compromising the integrity of the two pieces at the weld.

Welding is a lot better than brazing, which is a lot better than fasteners, but that doesn't mean it makes perfect joints. Bending operations with large radii will usually result in a better joint than welding, it's just not always possible, and certainly not always cost effective.