U.S. Marines retiring the M40

marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2018/04/02/marine-snipers-are-getting-new-mk-13-rifles/

Mk13 Mod 7 has been announced as the replacement.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (635x477, 504.16K)

For fucks sake.

Here's a picture of the Mk13 mod 7.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1080x1080, 2.34M)

I was about to yell at you…but given the Marine propensity to eat crayons and draw dicks on everything this makes sense.

The fudds of the US Armed Forces.

The Marines got jealous of the Army's shiny M2010 ESR.

heh, proud owner of a 300 win mag m24
6.5 shills BTFO

Attached: bb443e2e1cad662a0f54db8a5ad4e8c4-imagegif.gif (200x200, 1.83M)

Why not 6.5 CM?

I need this

Redpill me on this. Where are the crayons?

Are you just taking the piss or do you seriously not know what that expression means?

You're spitting on MILLENNIA of human tradition.

You wanna know how you kill a fuckton of marines without taking a shot? You glue some sand on a wall and tell em to take the beach.

6.5 CM is great on the .308 range of recoil impulse/power.
300 WM is clearly a step above on that aspect (about 60% more energy at muzzle).
It is almost like comparing 5.56 to 6.5x55 (around 60-80% more powerful).

ok i guess

Attached: 1464779949391.gif (200x200, 614.56K)

The USMC are a serious fighting force, why would they use a meme round?

Attached: This is what happens when you offer a marine a crayon.mp4 (406x720, 1.08M)

What if you made a 6.5 cartridge with the case capacity of .300 winmag, and a long, thin 6.5mm bullet with approximately the same weight?

Drawing dicks is the single most important skill you could ever have.

Attached: spray paint.png (1510x1078, 730.53K)

Who would ever want an effective small arm? There's no market for that

Why is the barrel shiny? Aren't snipers supposed to be hidden?

Why, so they can sell the USMC Tactical™ Stealth™ Barrel Shrouds, for only 699 shekels a piece!

yes, but there are delusion faggots like
who think le epic 6.5 mememoor is universally superior because of "muh BC," which they have no personal experience with btw.
in the right gun 300 win mag isn't that bad for recoil, but of course in something like a plastic-stock regular ol hunting rifle it's going to destroy your shoulder.
For me the real issue is cost. 300 win mag is roughly 1 dollar per round now, cheaper than 6.5 mememoor and you get dramatically better performance.

.300 winmag performs better than Creedmoor, sure. But, certeris parabus, wouldn't a 6.5 cartridge with the same case capacity and bullet weight of .300 winmag perform better because of "muh BC"?

Fucking beautiful. Hell, if you're retreating, you can do things like weld dicks into metal surfaces or carve enormous dicks out of stone. Give the job to the guys taking a break rigging the area with boobytraps.

The way to go is neckless 6.5mm.
But it require some actual R&D and sharing propellant tech from bigger ordinance that have managed to get rid of the necks, instead of what is essentially jury rigging made by people in garages, to have a thin, as straight as possible cartridge with a muzzle velocity about the same as the current CM.
Essentially it would look like a bit longer .300 BLK but in 6.5.
Doing so you could actually replace 5.56mm rifles with 6.5 ones while barely affecting combat loads and increasing by a stupid amount small arms effectiveness.

Would 6.5 be a good replacement for 223 or 308?

Both.
We could have a true intermediate caliber for the whole "0 to 1000 yards" range out of a rifle, smaller would be pistols/pdw rounds, bigger would be .50.
We do have the proper bullet for it, we have seen them work, now all that's left is actually designing the case and propellent for it, so you can feed them reliably in a an AR without being much bigger/heavier than a 5.56 rounds.
It is completely within reach, but it's one of those things that need actual money thrown at it to get it.

If you take the 264 win mag and .300 each using maximum bc loads, the .264 nearly equals the 300 in speed and trajectory, so close that it's really meaningless, so I would assume that yes, if that were possible you would have a flatter shooting and faster round with similar downrange energy.

For .308, yeah. .308 isn't a very flat shooting round, I honestly don't like it even though I had a giant ar-10 money pit. I would be worried about having to rapid fire a 6.5 creedmoor in rapid-fire situations where the 5.56 performs basically like a sub-machine gun. It is a rifle-powered cartridge after all.

What about something like 7.92x41mm CETME?

Oh god that round and I have some bad memories. It kicks like a mule on meth but goddamn its a flat shooting round.
Its so funny to see boutique rifle rounds try and replicate results done in the fucking 60s.

honestly have no idea what that is. Looks very similar to the Kurz round of the stg but with more power, but then we're approaching 300 blackout territory.

that's mainly why I'm pretty pissed off at this 6.5 mememoor craze: we already have rounds of the same caliber and which do stuff just as well, if not better. The whole thing is a craven corporate marketing campaign to steal your money.

Hell, even the boutique .270 weatherby mag has been killing shit for ages. The civilian market perfects a round, 50 years later the US military adopts a modification of an already existing round for arbitrary reasons over the parent or predecessor.
This is a bunch of idiots shooting dead pigs with Thompsons to prove to the Army that .45 ACP for pistols and .30cal for rifles is the best shit ever and any other idea reeks of homosexuality.

The problem that I have with the winchester magnum series of stuff is its belted ammunition where as the mememore will actually work in something that isn't just a bolt action

I'm a mouthbreather myself, but I don't know of any problems with 338 lapua?

The only "issue" is that complete no nothings drooled over it being a super special sniper round for a long time. So it became a meme.

cost. $3 per shot.
it's powerful but not enough to really be anti-material, but it's still so powerful that it requires a heavy gun to shoot effectively, and the 300 win mag isn't that far behind it in terms of trajectory, using elite ammo that is. It's really a strange round.

Does this mean cheap surplus m40s or is it all going to leo?

Yeah I am sure le based Trump will get right on having the muhreens give them to the CMP.

ok kid

Shut up you irrelevant country. The UNITED (joined together politically, for a common purpose, or by common feelings.) STATES (a nation or territory considered as an organized political community under one government.) is the only real country left in the world. While you foreigners are intoxicating yourselves on rotten fish, we AMERICANS (USA) are constantly struggling to keep the world alive. We're like Atlas keeping the world propped on his shoulders, and if you ungrateful brats keep disrespecting us, we're going to shrug. If it weren't for us you would all be sitting in mud huts cannibalizing fresh kills from the enemy tribe, roasted on a peat fire. We gain nothing from helping you besides keeping you alive for our own amusement. The rest of the world is like children dressing in daddy's Sunday suit and sitting at his desk pretending to be a grown up ready to take care of business. Get off our chair and take off that suit, and go play outside, kid, while the grown ups worry about grown up things.

Also, before removal, they have to check dicks for booby traps. More work.

Attached: 2d3442d7547d8c9300c4b72eeb5e3aead1977ec787c955a3e81229c1f119b465.png (436x432, 42.71K)

Imagine getting so upset over people calling the marines retarded that you can only imagine it's done for political purposes

So how quickly did you blow through the signing bonus, or was the recruiter lying when he said you'd get one?

I get to shit on my brother all I want to faggot. He even laughs at the crayon eating jokes you uptight twat.

Attached: 1462386928601-0.jpg (764x1024, 121.01K)