Anyone joined the "learn a trade" meme?/Christian-approved professions general

Hello fellow Christians, since I cannot see myself to pull through the heretic college meme I decided to learn a trade as metalworker or carpenter instead. Is it true what everybody says about the trade, that it is honest work for honest men? And what is to expect when I am a rather slow learner with skinny arms and small hands?

Also, share your good and bad experiences in any field you work(ed) in and how the strengthened your faith or made you quit your job because of unbearable heresies.

Attached: stock-photo-inside-a-factory-industrial-worker-in-action-on-metal-press-machine-holding-a-steel-piece-ready-to-555241186.jpg (450x320 40.04 KB, 47.34K)

People that you are going to associate with there are total assholes

I've thought about it as a fallback in case my current college plans don't succeed. Even though the liberal memery grates on me, I'm considering it a lesson in diplomacy; I have no reason to be debating politics with my professor, and respectfully disagreeing with my peers doesn't require grandstanding in the middle of class. I'm there to get the grade, get the diploma, and get the fuck out.

I like this thread.

I personally felt my longtime job as a mailman was really fulfilling.
Whilst this secular college reaffirms my faith yet it's also depressing to witness what college has become.

You have to do something you're sure about user. If this stuff gets you down too much it's better to search again.
But should you find joy in the craft then by all means pursue it.

It's a tough choice. Option two is probably better, Jesus was a carpenter and hung around rough working class fishermen after all.

I dropped out and wanted to be a welder but changed my mind. Screwed my gpa unfortunately. Plan to go back this summer/fall

Hearsay tells one that the folks in trades ought to be like that, but I hope it is more like sailor behavior than genuine rudeness to one another. My greatest worry is that the employer might be a dick but have to endure because I have else left to stick with.

Why didn't you go to trade school instead?

Sounds very reasonable. In my case, the college enviroment isn't my biggest gripe, it is just the dull studying of theory and the subject I chose. Instead of taking the risk of studying something more appropriate, I'd rather learn something where I craft something with my own hands, which might come handy for everyday tasks too.

Please elaborate, my friend.

I hope I can be sure as I possibly can about joining a trade. Being a student isn't the worst, but the work environment I'd be in after graduating wouldn't be something I'd fit in to, let alone see myself in. Crafting something with my own hands and seeing the progress and fruits of my labor would be very fulfilling to me; so I suppose. Unfortunately I don't have any noteworthy experience in the trades, that's why I'll visit some workshops and look if the trade is something I could work in. To be double sure, I will consult with the local Chamber of Trade to get a better picture.

Do you mean you go back to your trade or to college? And why did you decide to go back?

I tried to become an electrical apprentice, didn't work out. I don't know what tradesman are like in your country, but here in Aussieland (as a general rule) they are some of the most degenerate, foul mouthed, immoral people you can find. But I was prepared to bite my tongue and just get on with the work in spite of the iniquities. In saying that, there is a major culture and trend of tradesmen ripping off their customers any way they can. This is what made me back off from joining their industry.

Also, the Electrician's Union prevents people from hiring too many apprentices, just so that the current electricians' salaries remain artifically high (often +100K per annum). A culture of greed and selfishness permeates the industry. Due to the union's influence, it also means that they don't have to any job do their utmost highest standard, since very few customers are likely to be hire another tradesman to fix it simply because how expensive it was to do for them in the first place. IDK about your country, but here they can often be as rich as vetenarians and dentists, if not moreso.

Doing tradesmens' work can indeed be an honorable, honest way to live. Actually being a tradesman is a different story.

How does one get into bowmaking?
Is there a course for it in college?

I am from Germany and I assume that the attitude of tradesmen can wildly vary. There are several internships I did in trades and had no bad experience with the workers there: sure, they weren't the most literate but their gregariousness and generally blunt manner was quite comforting, and they did their work properly, as far as I could tell as a layman, and, most importantly, they treated me like a man with responsibilities. It has been almost a decade since then and the trade culture might have shifted drastically, but as far as I have heard there are many literate young men and former students who are going into trades, because in (((The Current Year))) the feminized study-fields that aren't STEM-fields creep men out, as well as the supposed shortage of tradesmen in the future; some take the chance, since many workshops are desperetaly fighting over every apprentice they can get.

How it stands with the wages I cannot tell. Obviously, after the apprenticeship you won't earn much, but with further education and a foreman title you could earn a good living, especially if you become an independent tradesman. This is why I can imagine that there is a selfishly greedy faction in the trades, which I'll try to circumvent. From experience reports I heard that the boss is quite strict on not wasting material due to bad/unprecise work and would even go as far as letting his employee pay for the additional cost that would come for the customer - it makes sense, but as a layman there has to be a latitude for errors; so, it is a double-edged sword.

Sad to hear that 'Strayan tradesmen became so corrupt, even though the lack of tradesmen makes such greed possible, usury shouldn't be excercised. What are you doing now instead, if you don't me asking?

You mean like a bow for archery? I suppose as a metal worker or cabinet maker with a specialization to weaponary would do that, but I don't know myself.

I'm glad to hear that things in Germany are better for tradeswork, user. I hope things don't turn out there like they did here with the tradesmen shortage. But I know you'll do better than us.
I'm studying to become an accountant now, my friend.

I used to work in sales for about five years. When I came to Christ, I could not live with the moral hazards of it and the odd times that kept me away from the liturgical life of the Church. I sold my expensive materialistic acquisitions and started my own auto detailing business. Now I'm decidedly blue collar, but I'm a lot happier. I previously inquired at the local electricians union and talked with a representative there, but ultimately decided it was not for me. All the dark joke signs pasted on some office doors about dealing with arthritis was a red flag.

The students here are all extremely hedonistic and some openly neopagan.
All the teachers are die hard atheists who explain any religious story away.
Their lifestyle however makes me believe I have to be different so it makes me stronger.

That's a good strategy and a good start.
Good luck user and God bless you.

This will undoubtedly be the case. It always is. But it's no different working white collar. If you're not a brown noser, you will suffer.

t. not a brown noser

Never worked "properly" as a tradesman but I finished trade school and worked during one year as an intern for a company while I was there, which is basically the same as regular work here since nobody cares about the regulations, so I guess I can talk a little about it.
Back then, instead of going to regular high school I decided to enroll at a vocational high school to become an electronics technician.
I never had many problems with the younger tradesmen, since working with electronics is the most "high-tech" trade here and it attracts many young men who are somewhat educated, but I can assert that the more "experienced" ones are mostly assholes since they don't like to compete for jobs with the younger generation and aren't very cooperative to say the least.
Also, I guess that if you are easily offended or don't like manual labour, you shouldn't become a tradesmen. Even though I think that the sailor stereotype is not really that accurate nowadays, there will always be always "dark jokes" during work, the people who you work with aren't exactly the most virtuous ones and sometimes you'll get picked on if you don't do your work properly, but I never had big problems with those things myself and honestly, if you think a bit, almost every job is the same in one way or another. When I worked as an intern in the maintenance sector it was actually very physically demanding for me at the time, since I have some health issues, and I believe that most of the other trades are even more physically demanding.

As soon as I finished trade school, I enrolled at a university to study STEM and I don't regret it. Attending trade school was a very important experience to me since I learned many useful skills there, it helped to shape my character and was my introduction to the "adult world", but being a tradesman is not really for me.

Is university that bad where you live? I know many professors and students who are religious where I study, but hardly anyone talks about it since it's not related to the classes.

I can only agree that most of the regulations from the unions are awful to the job market and I think that electricians have a bad fame everywhere, unfortunately.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (564x776, 807.29K)

I worked white collar. It was annoying, but I worked and did what I had to. I quit for something else. I worked blue collar, and worked my ass off. It was more enjoyable, because I was outside and used my body, and overtime was good money.

I was eventually falsely accused by "friends" because they wanted one of their actual friends to take my position. They brown nosed my boss, so eventually I got fired, despite no evidence of my accused actions.

Every job is going to be shit. There is no escape. You just work because there is no other existence. If you cave to NEETdom then you will suffer even more.

wew

It's in the city of hookers, weed and gays.
The only religious teachers here are muslims.
That's not some altright meme, I asked personally.

Though I did see an african with a rosary two days ago, but I'm not sure he enrolled here.

And to any younger anons, I don't mean to make you feel like everything is hopeless. But life is hard. You have to be able to deal with it. I'm still a little angry about what happened, but I'm still looking for more employment.

Work for Christ, work for your family. Always work hard and always enjoy the things that God has given you. Man is evil, and that is the way of the world. Suffer what you must, and have courage and hope in Christ.

I appreciate any prayers for my future employment, and apologize for my less than pleasant words. I'm getting married later this year. God bless all of you.

Attached: 1441659743159.jpg (528x582, 68.73K)

I've done quite a few temporary jobs, now in the teaching business. I have always preferred working with people who learned a trade.

Sure they are a little rough, blunt, curse a bit more,… but I have made a lot more friends in these environments. The friends who are genuinely interested in what I do (religious teacher, roman catholic) are often the blunt guys who used to make fun off me, but in the end respect me for standing up for something. Making very few friends among colleagues in education.

I too have romanticized the trades. After being kicked out of the military for my private beliefs, I worked as an electronics technician for a bit, though I couldn't stand being so subordinate and having to wait for hours while my superiors would do things. I would just be there aimlessly at a client's house for hours doing nothing, just there in case I'm needed. I'm about to finish grad school now though it's all miserable.

I agree completely with . Work is an evil, a necessary evil, and you're probably not going to like what you do, and especially the people around you, no matter where you are. Factors I cannot control are responsible for this, but such is life.

Make a better world for our children.

Studying to be a farmer, I had enough of the city and to find work you need to have a "social media account" these days. Screw that and the asshats who fell for the memes. I am out.

It is much harder than most people make it to be. A farmer is:

- Part scientist (of various disciplines)
- Part businessman
- Part manual labour

No holiday, no sick leaves, no bonus; but when again, no office politics bullshit, no need to pay heed to MSM BS on the daily basis to "keep up" with work and "climates", the only climate I need to pay attention to is the climate that actually matters.

A small homestead, maybe built a road shrine too. That is all I want. To live simple; live righteously in His light. Inb4 go Amish, interesting but nope. I am deciding between begoming Gadolig or Ordodog.

Whether you are rich or poor, a man has to eat.

Attached: asdfasfadsfasfasf.png (1024x538, 1.43M)

Now this is what really interests me. Please tell me more.

Can you recommend some books to me about this?
Do you plan to be partially or wholly self-sufficient? Do you intend to not only be self-subsistent but to also sell the fruits of your labor? How much do you need to sell, what do you sell, etc, in order to achieve total independence?

Etc

If any of you guys are still in school STAY IN SCHOOL, you need to have a good paying job to support your wife and you will not be able to move up in the corporate hierarchy in pretty much any industry without a BA.

Someone I know dropped out of college who was pursuing a computer science degree. He hated college and figured he could start working with just certifications. And he did, at minimum wage. After 10 years working in the industry he is now in a help desk position making $45k, and his coworkers who are younger than him who have no experience and are fresh out of college with a BA degree are making $65k.

Even a women's studies degree is better than dropping out. They will pay the person with the BA more every time even if the degree is in something ridiculous like basket weaving.

Sadly, I do not really have books about "starting farmers". The farmers knowledge archives are sadly non-existent. Most new generations farmers would study, experiment, then log the results so it is on its starting legs.

I plan to be self-sufficient (with both crops and small fish farm) and sell the extras, not planning on hiring anyone just all by myself and family. It is doable, but one would really have to be smart about it. Part scientist/businessman/manual labour is harder than it sounds.

What kind of crops would be fit for your soil, choosing a place for your farm (need to be near water source), finding a place to sell crops directly because middleman will jew you thoroughly so your farmstead have to be close to community centre (or sell directly to customers such as restaurant or market you are already friends with, no need to navigate local politics), inquiring with local police about the crime rates because the crops thieves are there before buying land, the depth of soil (shallow soil means you cannot grow plants with deep roots), good with machinery because you need to know your way around and able to fix it yourself because Fix-It will not drive 200km to fix your tractor, etc. I could write a long essay alone on this.

Oh, that and not counting bad weather, pests and weed, and natural disasters which will reset everything you do (some damage can be totally mitigated if you plan ahead and act on it smartly).

Like I said, I am studying it. Old generation farmers are lacking in knowledge but are very diligent, newer generations need both smarts in various departments and diligence to not fall into poverty traps like some old farmers did. Old farmers are getting smarter too, by smart I mean they can go to agricultural science dept. of any college and do better than the seniors already. Now they just need business smarts.

Seriously, this profession it is entirely another world in itself, hundredfold harder than most will thought, and totally underrated to the max. It is much dirtier than most people would thought or fantasise. An open field? Clean air?
Nature? Most will scream at the sight of a boil of earthworms (you will need to be on friendly terms with). But in the end, it is a noble pursuit more than people give credits for. To provide sufficiently for oneself and the world.

Attached: CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GP7Ii6c9XVLezHWCMS.jpg (1280x720, 144.46K)

So what? That's definitely livable if you're not a retard

That's what it was.

Are you me.

4 year college - better/10. get a REAL degree though
2 year/associates - good/10. pays off better in the short run, will need a 4 years/work experience to advance
trade school - best/10. nothing wrong with working for living

Do you know why that is? It's because someone with a BA - even a shit-tier one - has proven that they're willing to stick to something and see it through to completion. College professors are some of the most annoying, demanding people on the planet. Their class is their little kingdom. They're like IRL board mods.

If you can put up with them and stick it through, then you're definitely qualified to handle not only annoying customers/clients, but horrible bosses as well. That degree says something about you, even if the degree itself is useless.

what's your degree? permaculture looks amazing but i think it would be pretty difficult to end up with the money/land required…seems like you inherit a farm or work on it as an underpaid mexican

Unfortunately, this is a meme. When I was in college, I did WWOOF on 3 different small scale farms. 1 was a traditional small family farm - by traditional, I mean traditional agriculture. The other 2 were permaculture operations because I fell for the permaculture meme and thought I would have my own permaculture-based business (aquatic nursery ecosystem with efficient edge-system plants and ducks). I got a permaculture design "certificate" too.

Now there are some, very few, very particular successful permaculture operations. The reality is that most of this stuff is not successful because the odds and subsidies and laws are stacked against you. Most small farms that are "organic" are not even certified organic (which also commands a higher price at market) because it costs too much and they constantly have to dodge around pernicious laws about what constitutes "food processing" so we would fucking wash lettuce in a locked shed without windows because we didn't have a license to process food, which that technically is.

You know what all 3 of the farms I went to had in common? They all were not the main source of income for the family that owned them - they all had other jobs or in one case, the wife of the main farmer guy was a lawyer with a big income. Since nobody has big families that work on farms anymore like in the old days, they all rely on unpaid volunteer labor like me, the WWOOF program, and local high school volunteers under the guise of the high school's "options" program. One farm even had the creativity to take a government grant program to say that working on the farm was "therapeudic" for victims of spousal abuse. Another source of income these places will do is education itself. If you see a place that seems to do education endlessly and has classes for "permaculture certificates" or related shit all the time, it is a red flag that they don't otherwise make a ton of money if they can have so much time and cater such an expansive experience for any dipshit with a grand to blow.

The only permaculture operations I see that are consistently financially viable are ones that are extremely small scale, urban, high volume green-house-type operations in failing cities that have basically free land or rent. Detroit, Milwaukee, etc., have well-known operations.

Interesting. I don't really care about farming/permaculture for the purposes of providing an income, it just seems like a really good life-goal if I could sustain most of my food on my own and donate the rest to those in need or to bring on ex-cons and other rejects of society and have them work and live on my land.

My question was how is it even possible to get into this without inheriting a farm/being rich already and you seem to have answered it. It's not.

Permaculture certificates do seem like a meme but there are at least two good universities with respectable agriculture and viticulture (wine-making) programs where I live and I've seriously considered applying for them.

I'm not American but if I were brave I'd consider living in Detroit and trying to rebuild the city with some other permaculture LARPers. Maybe that's naive or insane but at some point people need to improve their societies by themselves and not wait for the state to tell us when and how.

I know. Some farmers nowadays are weekend farmers or have second job. Some family have plenty of children and they all support each other in a way.

Not entirely implausible to live by being a farmer alone though (otherwise we would already be starving worldwide). In U.S. maybe, but not Asia. They might not have an estate, a full field, etc. Most are small-medium organic with good small ecosystem supporting each other.

Think a farmstead growing vegetables and also raises cattle. Cattles provide milk, meat, and dung for organic fertiliser. You also grow seasonal vegetables and also grow your own cattle feed (a type of corn). You get a decent cycle without having to hire others, makes for a decent family business and humble living. Not wanting nor lacking in anything.

bump

was going to school for (((networking))) but left 2 weeks later since they had me making board games in a writing class and a 4th grade ms word class.

I went to college for programming, but instead of learning the skill, college had me do mostly pre-req classes that didn't really amount to anything except to waste time and money. I did 4 years of this.

in 2016, I went to trade school to learn a useful skill, which was welding. I fell in love in something that was so easy to learn and the continuous improvement made me love it even further.

I think in a trade, it allows some form of freedom which allows better work ethic. You go to work, and you automatically know what you're doing and therefore don't require constant micromanagement from the boss. A good book on this subject is "Shop Class as Soulcraft", the author went from working in a think-tank to working as a motorcycle mechanic, and in it he loved his craft more than working in a think tank. I'll leave one of his quotes:

"When I was working in a think-tank, people would ask me 'what do you do for a living?' and I'd stop there and think *what* did I do for a living? In Contrast, when I worked as a motorcycle mechanic, people automatically knew what I did for a living"

Thank you for the book recommendation and affirming my assumptions about the trades. During the semester holidays I'm working in a factory just doing physical no-brainer work, and yet, alone the fact that I do physical work and do something where my whole body is used is very stimulating. Now combining this with a trade where you have to put your mind into it as well sounds like the perfect profession for a man. Now I have decided to become a carpenter and try to get into a company that specializes on windows, doors and even yacht-equipment. I'll call the shop next week and ask if they can hospitalize me - it is in a foreign country but same language - so I can make an internship. I'd really like to learn the carpenting trade there since it offers a niche market and seems to be pretty neat from the looks of it.

>entire freaking tech industry is overrun with liberals and you can only get anywhere with (((networking)))
College was a mistake, tech was a mistake. I just need some door to open somewhere, I want to be able to tidy up our problems before it kills us or we end up homeless. I pray the Lord has something lined up for me soon.

How does the plumbing trade fare? How does one get into it? I hear it pays really well, but I'm not sure if it's just because some more crooked men like to charge exorbitant fees for their work. But I'm also interested because having those skills could be a massive life-saver for my family.

I also have family members who are blacksmiths and a cousin with some carpentry skills, so those are some possible routes. Not sure how well those pay, though.

Attached: 2069d1d0125302929dd089fa7428fc76de45fa561fba0e19d38500ec1a9cfa05.png (700x1065, 288.17K)

Attached: d34565136cf198c4e5d3d7be68f3f87416be05bd218c850c389b2899f0dc9c7f.jpg (320x400, 26.29K)

Is fire fighter christian approved? Looking to join my local volunteer fire company, and if it's a godly fulfilling job i might make it into a full time career.

Attached: god's got my back..jpg (600x800, 331.69K)

Going on experience as a fitter/turner (metalwork)

Most people in your work there will be lower class, take lots of drugs, talk about all kinds of sinful thigs, and use profanities a lot. But for the most part, they'll be friendly enough. Also your work wont require all that much interaction with them. You'll have a job to do and be left alone to do it.

Expect it to be tough going, but also expect to get big. I gained 10kg in the first 3 months. If you can get passed two weeks you'll be ok.

It's great because it is quite physical so you feel good after. It is tough, but it is worth it imo

Starting a plumber apprenticeship this year. Quit my IT job and working as a janitor right now.

I'm working on a permaculture business plan but I already realized that it's just something to spare money on food expenses rather than live completely from it.
I just knew that I could spare a lot by just planting my own garlic, kale and herbs so planting them in a way that need almost no maintenance would be very profitable for myself.

In my opinion, permaculture is great for families who want to get some profit from they garden land but I can't imagine a big permaculture farm to live from.

You barely even exist, the chances of ever meeting a pagan in real life are very low. Even lower if you're talking about an actually believing pagan and not a LARPer.

My father is a firefighter.
There are entire saints associated with the protection of Firefighters.
It's a good job but be warned, you will not live long doing it.
Fires and smoke-inhalation are way more dangerous long-term then you would think.
Depending on where you work, you may also risk tuberculosis, knives in the back from random druggies, some drugs are so potent that they can cause an overdose just by touching them and some firefighters are required to also serve as EMTs which may bring you into contact with that stuff, you may even be massacred with an assault rifle like what happened over here not too long ago.
It's a rewarding career but it's also not to be taken lightly.

Alright thxs for the tip man.

I did a carpentry course with a really good (and small) crew of guys. We all helped eachother, and had a good time. The work was hard and fulfilling. I can’t say for the “real world” but every indication I’ve gotten from interactions and people telling me, is that the “tradesman” stereotype is true. They usually try to take as much money from you as possible, while doing the least work possible. They are terribly rude and preditory to newcomers in the industry (good work ethic harms their indolence) and rude to costomers due to arrogance and sometimes jealousy. If you need an example go to any autobody shop. I decided not to pursue a trade, and went instead into the maratime marine navigation field.

WHY HAVE YOU TOLD ME THIS? I AM A BRAINLET AND DON'T THINK I COULD DO ANYTHING THAN A TRADE OR SOMETHING WITH ANALYTICAL OBSERVING BUT WE HAVE COMPUTERS FOR THAT SO THIS SPECIAL POWER OF MINE IS OBSOLETE! I JUST WANT TO DO AN HONEST, SIMPLE AND HARDWORKING PROFESSION! THE COLLEGE MEME IS NOTHING FOR ME AND WITH BEING 23 YEARS OLD WITH NO SKILLS I HAVE NO CHOICE

Attached: salvation.png (1070x601, 463.38K)

They're all around me, but then again, I live in Europe.

Attached: baganism_is_ded_guyse.webm (1280x720, 3.14M)

I can confirm this.
My family sells car paint and car paint accessories, our customers are the worst except for a few exceptions.
They constantly want the best service AND the best prize.
The only positive side of tradesmen is that they're honest people, not like most two-faced deskjob wageslaves.

You’re probably the guy who has really low standards for what constitutes paganism. Of course you think you’re surrounded by pagans, you’re too delusional to think otherwise.

Maybe it's you who has low standards about Christianity?

Like half the people in this thread he probably just didn't enjoy it because it was too hard so he left, most of them sound like the soft handed sensitive type which the bible calls meek but not in the good way, it's a tough job for tough men and always has been, Joseph and possibly Jesus were stone masons look it up

A trade will get you ok money fast and good money before too long, enough to live comfortably with a family, you will work hard and it will be strenuous but it gets easier over time, pick something with room for advancement and naturally like trees by the rover you will succeed

Hey rabbi whatcha doin'

How far are you in this field and how are you liking it?

That feel when a simple farm hand. May the Lord have mercy on me.

t.no skills highschool drop out

Attached: farmer feel.jpg (525x700, 53.63K)

What trade should I learn? I'm thinking either plumbing Mostly because I hear plumbers make lots of money or welding.

Id rather be a welder. I lived with a Plumber and know one that is a friend, both their vans stinked of waste and shit.

I'd become a welder, then become a commercial diver and underwater welder. Gotta be better than fixing stinky pipes all day.

You’re using a single .webm as proof that paganism isn’t dead. I’m not claiming that such a display is Christian, but I would argue that such a display is no proof of any strong faith in paganism, even among those actually taking part. You try to question the validity of currently existing Christianity, yet how valid is whatever paganism that exists? Since pagan culture was effectively wiped out, these modern pagans are probably getting everything wrong. They don’t actually know how the old pagans actually practiced their religion, and so they’re making it up as they go along. It’s pure LARP.

Get ready to fish metal shavings out of your eyes

Bruh, just close your eyes.

OP here with an update: went to a workshop to see how the trade of the carpenter is today, and I think it is unlikely that any trade is for me. It's not like I couldn't do the work, but not find satifaction with it. I have only 5 months until I lose my student apartment. Please pray for me finding a fitting apprenticeship, as God intends for me. Maybe it was my destination to become a preaching vagabond who carries around nothing but his Bible collection and Bibles as gifts.

Attached: why.jpg (372x260, 21.16K)

I want to become a lawyer, how can I reconciliate this profession with Christianity?

No job is perfect. I fell for programming meme.
Now I have to deal with loud, obnoxous, silicon valley sodomites all the time. With those people everything is about pushing their godless far-left agenda.

OP, I think the problems you have are more deep-rooted in you than you think, it's not about being a brainlet or not finding the work satisfying, it's you trying to run away from the cross you're suppose to carry

Attached: ayyyy HOL UP.jpg (207x213, 21.54K)

My initial plan was just to go into sales but sales are flooded with applications and it hasn't worked for me in the past 3 years.

I'm not running away, it really does not feel like the work I am supposed to do. There is this inherent repulsion I feel about (making a bad apprenticeship decision) that I'd rather kms than making a bad choice and regret it deeply.

Go to your local community college and do a technical degree/associates. Pick a STEM option. It's piss easy and cheap. Most times the teachers work during the day, and can hook you up with related jobs. Their career services at school are good too since it's their job to find you work. The 4 year BA/BS is a fucking meme that sucks hard. Those schools are basically big sodoms that need to be nuked

by working with your hands they become big same with your arms

I'm an analyst in accounting , been working there for a little over a year now… It's awful, but not soul-crushing most of the time.
I have started working with wood. Starting with something simple like building a raised garden bed out of a few cuts of wood and some screws using a drill… The idea of working with wood appeals to me. Few things are made with a passion for excellence anymore. Fewer people are concerned with the quality of their work.