Russian propagandists targeted Reddit to influence American political debate

It had been widely presumed that Reddit, a hub for campaigning, activism and often extreme views, would be a logical target for any manipulation.
The Daily Beast says it has obtained leaked documents from within Russia's Internet Research Agency (IRA), the country's most prominent troll-factory.
The US government has already charged 13 Russians, linked to the agency, with attempting to manipulate American voters using social media.
The Russian organisation is alleged to have had a budget of more than a million dollars, which the US claims was used to buy advertising on sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
The site says the agency employed "online agitators" to help posts from its own propaganda websites rise to the top of Reddit.
It says the organisation used proxy servers to mask the location of its work.
Also targeted were the Yahoo-owned blogging platform Tumblr, and the viral joke site 9gag.
The Daily Beast said the documents - which the BBC has not seen - included the names of US-based activists who the Russians were trying to contact.
As has been a pattern with Russian efforts discovered to date, there is no outright support of any particular candidate or viewpoint.
Instead it seems Russia's aim was to provoke and divide Americans on the internet and, as a result, in the physical world too.

archive.fo/w8Pyd
bbc.com/news/technology-43255285

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/feanor_eldarian/status/959117813771272195
archive.fo/iuU2N
twitter.com/AnonBabble

13 russian turn an election

lol stupid libtards

And shareblue had more than 10 million why are they not talking about that?

existence is a travesty

I remember the RIDF shilling like it was yesterday and it still makes me cringe

Israel propagandists targeted Zig Forums to influence American political debate

DAH RUSSIANS

Attached: Blank _2ca0c407b76553fd728dcb433c6388dd.jpg (319x326, 16.41K)

Wow!
You(OP) included a link and an archived link
and the copy/pasta was perfect
You even embedded a hooktube video!

I will give this post a b+ for effort as there are multiple articles posted here on this subject.
BUT GREAT FIRST EFFORT!

Attached: images.jpg (257x196, 11.87K)

pootin shekels for all the shills itt tbh

I just noticed that the sentences were all nicely packed with no hint of reddit spacing,so I'm revising my grade up up n A.

Why was there no antisemitism in the post though?
I won't mark down for this,just wondering?

$200M, dozens of propaganda groups like CTR and ShareBlue, thousands of paid propagandists
btfo by
13 Russian shitposters reposting anti Hillary memes.

sad tbh

Wow they might have influenced tens of people.

Small impact doesn't discourage them.

But it does discourage me from caring about it.

twitter.com/feanor_eldarian/status/959117813771272195

A million dollars is fuck all to a major government.

archive.fo/iuU2N

I'd believe if you'd said they where helping Hillary getting elect

Hillary does nothing but talk shit about Putin and Russia in general. Trump never talks disrespectfully about Putin or Russia. Why would Putin help Hillary?

Weaker economy, weaker Nato alliance, no real leadership. That's what enemies of the west wishes for.

Trump wants to disband NATO and has called it and the (((UN))) useless. How is that bad for Russia?

Doesn't look like disbanding is coming soon, brotha

Attached: 1.jpg (1310x436, 117.13K)

Hillary, like McCain, is extremely hawkish on Ukraine. If anyone could have gotten us into an actual war with Russia, it's Hillary, and Putin doesn't want war.
Your reasoning makes no sense.

Why did my second image failed to upload..

Attached: 2.jpg (1207x552, 152.95K)

You think NATO would be less supported by Shillary? Wow, you really are dumb.

Lefties are horrible leaders, under democratic rule only inside wars and destruction is possible. Economy, military, everything they run weakens, money drains and suddenly entire country is like Detroit.

The "increase" in spending that those articles are referring to is about Trump pressuring NATO countries to increase their spending for their participation in NATO instead of Europe mooching off U.S. taxpayers like Hillary would have continued supporting, not an increase in overall NATO spending. You're really a moron if you think Putin wanted Hillary to win.

You're grasping at straws, strawman, but at least you tried.

Obama was brilliant not just for Russia, but for China also, was horrible for Americans only. And I still see no reason why strong leader of your enemies could benefit you somehow. Sanctions remained, Trump supported and still supports Ukraine, nothing changed.

Yeah if it makes you sleep better, buddy

Shillary would have tripled NATO's budget and loaded up Europe full of nukes all pointed at Russia.
I'm finished trying to reason with a complete idiot.

This is what happens when you swallow toothpaste full of fluoride. You start coming up with nonsense.

Attached: 3.jpg (1099x636, 153.41K)

and if Hillary were President, we'd probably already have U.S. troops fighting in Eastern Ukraine.
Only a complete idiot would think Putin would have preferred Hillary over Trump, but hey, this site is full of idiots like >>601486

so is the allegation that russia helped burrito niggers invade the USA and shit everything up?

Still no proof that the Russian gov was involved. And it wasn't just pro Trump, it was also pro Bernie and pro Jill Stein. All the "alt" candidates, basically.

Hillary wanted to enforce a no-fly zone over Syria, Russia's ally, and shoot down and Russian planes. That would have been trouble, no doubt about it.

😂

(((leaked))) not (((manufactured)))

Reddit, facebook, 4chan, 8ch
all occupied by the herd
mooooooooooo redpill mooooooooooooo
redpill mooooooooooo redpill mooooooooooo redpill mooooooooooooo
redpill mooooooooooooo
redpill

I don't even know which part is the best.This phrase is pure fucking gold.

And I know 3 new facts too:

no different than a few people on the news telling all the old people what to think

why do they say this like the government wasn't doing this itself

I am honestly baffled how the media expects us to take these reports. I mean as an example with Britian there's a show called "Question time" right ?