Cost to dismantle USS Enterprise set to top $1 BILLION if Congress doesn't take action, warns watchdog agency

Cost to dismantle USS Enterprise set to top $1 BILLION if Congress doesn't take action, warns watchdog agency

Why does it cost this amount? Is it corruption?

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6029405/Cost-dismantle-USS-Enterprise-set-1-BILLION-Congress-doesnt-action.html

Attached: rodger the riviter.jpg (2100x1621, 935.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=TzAsH_7zHMY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

((Health and Safety))

>Fucked up (((Jew))) text
Well I am going to go hang myself now anons. Have fun.

> (((Jew))) text
It's called coincidence or callout
(((oy vey, you need to spend 6 million hours to learn how to format like this.)))

Nuclear reactors aren't exactly the kind of things you take apart with an Alan Key and a socket wrench. Cleaning up the glowy stuff inside it isn't cheap either. It also involves around 84,626 metric tons of steel - call it $11,800 a ton. That pays for wages, facilities, tools, disposal, and other costs plus the standard 33% fraud rate you'll find in the small print on most NATO and US government contracts. Even if they can sell the steel as scrap (which seems unlikely) it's going to be a pricey job - and about $12,000 a ton isn't that bad a rate. If you want to see the real eyewatering costs just wait until it's a Nimitz being dragged onto the scrap heap.

But the nimitz have fewer reactors.

Can't you just sell it to some other country and make it their problem?

"Muh national security" and similar matters make that difficult. Also, because of how lazy and uninnovative our military's become, giving some other country US tech to reverse-engineer, even if it's going on 60 years old, would be a genuine threat to our position as world police and Israel's greatest ally. That superiority is maintained more or less by inertia at this point, so if someone with a few brain cells to rub together really tried they could make things really difficult and expensive for us.

and greater tonnage, also do you really think that any contractor or politician is going to let the largest aircraft carrier yet go for any less than 2 trillion?

England did this with their Invincible class "carriers" by sending them to Turkey to be scrapped despite Canucks pleading they could do it in a much safer and secure manner. We all laughed at the brits for having the roaches butcher their ships because it was cheaper for them short term, but when we do the smart thing and take our own stuff apart its time for Zig Forums to laugh at the dumb ameriburgers who never do a single thing right unlike based Russia who had coca cola buy and scrap their entire navy.

Attached: indifferent.jpg (250x250, 23.11K)

Again with the peak boomer.

Attached: 0fd933c6504e959fc348904fcfbd3cae7513b3532f227b5f7c9881e318557ada.png (935x1094, 802.64K)

If you're going to use buzzwords at least take the time to ask your parents what they mean first.

12 gauge in the face, just a reminder

hooktube.com/watch?v=TzAsH_7zHMY

No, they're something you mix with flourine to make Uranium Hexaflourine or whatever the fuck it's called, then you go to store it in a mountain that you spent billions drilling out to store radioactive waste, but now it can't be used because of a legislative technicality in the fine print so instead you have to find a way to use it so you intentionally introduce trace amounts of it into your soldier's ammunition and use large amounts of depleted uranium in your "super sekret" tank/vehicle armor that you refuse to tell anyone contains depleted Uranium even though people are suffering from Uranium poisoning and more specifically radiation sickness/radiation-caused birth defects in the countries you fought in because you know that it violates hundreds of international treaties if you admit it.

Attached: 474a8af75cb9583aecc752505e188dde8a2cb4d428d9ecfb1966fa1725dfa1f2.jpg (966x885, 101.22K)

Because the government doesn't want a zone to appear by just dumping it on the shore or the oceans like the soviets did Cause america has not enough cheeki breeki

Why not take out the reactors, scrub any areas with radiation, and turn the whole ship into a museum?

Attached: USS Yorktown.PNG (911x601, 1.42M)

Well it's the taking out eight reactors and decontaminating the ship of radiation and asbestos that's the expensive part.

Actually it doesn't have a name, although people used to refer to it as "echoes". Why? Because it comes from the Merchant Minute's echo effect, and I don't remember if he (I don't even remember his powerword, but the host of the show, Morrakiu) was just a member on TRS or if he was a part of the staff. It just so happens that IIRC, the CIA used to refer (or still do) to Israelis as code I guess. Didn't the TRS have connections to a three-letter agency? I don't remember.
Anyway, it's about as annoying as "cuck" or even "soy" (and soon to be "boomer") due to its prevalence.

USSR =! Russian Federation, and it was Pepsi. Did they keep their fleet? I really do hope so. I know if I was a CEO of a big corporation like that, I'd keep them, even if I couldn't do anything with them without attracting the ZOGs.

*he'd do the echoes whenever referring to Jews
It still baffles me that people are unaware of the true origins of such things like pic related, and believe some bullshit I've never heard before. What's insane is that all it takes is a quick google search even with how shitty their algorithms have been for awhile now, you should still be able to find it relatively quickly, since it's not a complex search; excluding of course, >botnet, and all the info's there.

Attached: christina.jpg (486x512, 40.6K)

Give it to the gypsies and within 1 week all that's left will be nothing but scraps
These niggers could even steal the Statue of Liberty overnight if they wanted to.

Attached: worse than niggers.jpg (600x449, 92.95K)

Other than some Django Reinhardt music, I can't think of any other thing that gypsy fucks has ever contributed to society. Even Reinhardt according to wikipedia, stole chickens. Every single gypsies I see in real life are almost always, trying to scam or steal something. So yeah, might as well put them to use, tell them to "not" smuggle all the valuable radioactive materials from the ship inside their stomachs or some shit.

The only good thing about gypsies is that some of their women are 10/10s and they are easy to get to your bed. Whenever you see a gypsy with green or blue eyes you can be 100% certain he is the result of a drunk European tourist breeding the first slut gypsy woman that dragged him in her bed. And in the next morning took all his money before leaving

I can only recall 2d disney Esmerelda. Every female gypsy in 3d I've seen so far are outright scamming hags and pig disgusting. Not hyperbole, they're out on some road median or freeway exit with some bullshit sympathy scamming signs around their neck. Or pickpocketing and stealing jewelry off people via "oh please sir\madam, I had a very rough day can I please just get a hug".

2D, mayne. I can only think of and tolerate those fucks in 2d form.

Nice try. They couldn't survive without their pet politicians.

Oh, not a boomer.

Attached: 1448892240656-1.jpg (850x400, 45.23K)

All of these are contributions to society. None of them are desirable.

Yeah, women In between 14-19 age.
After first kid they are going downhill fast.