Camping Supplies/Weapons

We need a nice, big thread with pictures of ALL the good camping items including:
Tents
Sleeping Bags
Axes
Knives
Saws
Tarps
Camouflage Clothes
Bags/Packs
Guns
etc.

Here are some pictures of the things that I want.
A wish list, if you will.

Attached: opinelfoldingsawno18-0348.jpg (2816x1880 337.03 KB, 496.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20041214153427/http://www.armalite.com/library/techNotes/tnote64.htm
fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/alternative-gun-cleaning-solvent-and-gun-cleaning-oil/70411
m4carbine.net/showthread.php?3756-Armalite-Tech-note-on-lubrication
varusteleka.com/en/product/terava-jaakaripuukko-carbon-steel/56524
worldbayonets.com/Bayonet_Identification_Guide/Finland/finland_2.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: SAM_6017.JPG (746x490 175.35 KB, 118.1K)

the tree hammock and the camo mesh is high on the list

Also, in desperate situation for food, what would be better, a bolt action long range accuracy rifle, or an automatic, low caliber rifle. both with the same power scope?

Attached: hunting-rifles.jpg (2560x1600 42.08 KB, 1.24M)

In desperate need of food you should rely on small game more. Do you want to shoot a hare of birds with a .308 so you can scrap what remains of them from nearby surroundings?

A hare OR birds*

Should have posted in:

That's exactly what I was thinking about. In all honesty, a .22/410 combo would be perfect for that.
I've never been long range, big-game hunting, so I'm not sure what the right range of killing is, but i've seen some stellar accuracy from a .22 caliber rifle with a 6x scope
For small hares and squirrels, I want to use a trapping system anyway

Attached: wm_3217304.jpg (1200x900 603.3 KB, 75.67K)

If we are talking about big game, then from what I've learned you should avoid shooting further than 100 meters because of the increased risk of missing vitals.
If it's small game to they say that 25 meters with a 12 gauge shotgun is the absolute maximum if you want a quick kill.

Dont use a knife with a leather sheath, user. Yeah, they look better and such, but when the leather gets wet (it will) then it is holding moisture against the blade. Its fine if your just dicking about for a day or two, but if its a prolonged time its quite a problem. Synthetic is the way to go, sadly.

So does anyone here actually have any pictures?
It's okay, to have a wishlist…

Attached: image-62.jpg (611x650 128.52 KB, 72.43K)

does anyone know any good external frame packs that have an integrated camelbak? I like having a couple liters of water that you don't have to worry about and just sip throughout the day and during the night.

Attached: military-field-backpacks-tasmanian-tiger-2015-raqwe.com-04.jpg (720x418, 64.56K)

I dunno about integrated, but most modern packs have a pouch in them specifically for hydration bladders. Any reason you're going for external vs internal, incidentally?

Idk. do you think internal is better or something?

Never forget: some motor oil.
You can use it to oil your guns, to make sure your tools won't rust, to cool your saw when cutting wood in a dry environment and many other things.

Forgot the pictures. Liqui Moly forever.

Attached: csm_Calendar_0118_3fce76455a.jpg (2953x1326 182.98 KB, 778.3K)

Gonna suggest you guys forgo the folding wood saw and just get a arborist or landscaping pruning saw. Easy to strap to your pack while walking, easy to strap to your belt when collecting wood. Longer saw blade allows you to cut much larger logs/limbs. Silky makes good ones but are a bit expensive (professional equipment) but Corona makes a good lightweight climbing saw that's like 30 or so dollars.

Also for trapping, don't forget rat traps exist. Drill a couple of holes. Tie it to tree trunks to get squirrels, tie it off to to a rock and set it for rabbits/hares.

Hatchet or Axe for temporary camp sites?

Attached: hatchetvsaxe.jpg (750x562, 133.54K)

Using one item in different ways is also a virtue. For example
This is all one thing.

A large 6x8ft tarp, folded in a specific way, and supported by paracord, can be turned into a duffel bag for storing things.
The same tarp can be suspended between trees to serve as a combination tent/sleeping bag that is comfy, resistant to floods, insects and other parasites.
Also if it is camo, it can serve as a hunting blind or a ghillie suit.

6x8 isn't even really enough.
either you have a small tarp for staying dry, or a really large one for multi purpose.
personally, I like a good pack that can carry a lot of weight comfortably
t. armyfag

also, a boonie is a must have for me.
What is Zig Forums preference for headgear?

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (1154x1154 218.63 KB, 97.58K)

You can do the same thing with CLP or really just about any oil. In theory you could use olive oil if you're willing to completely strip and clean everything every 3-12 months.

I want a calendar now. Why can't we have naked chicks for our motor oil companies?

If I'm innamountains or innadesert I prefer a cowboy hat to maximize sun protection without looking like too much of a fag since I already get like 3x the solar radiation of Fukushima on a daily basis being outdoors. If I'm just going innawoods or somewhere urban, a ballcap is preferred since it provides protection from eye glare and I generally don't need the extra back of the neck protection if I keep sunscreen with me and stay in semi-shaded spots.

1 inch webbing bro. Get some rappelling rings and carabiners and you can do some next level shit. Can also nigger rig a decending rig but I would be in dire straights before I risked doing it.

I like me a good boonie hat. Bandannas are indispensable btw. Those tube scarfs are nice but you want the thin ones for summer and thick ones for winter.

I wish I had a camelbak filled with olive oil. It's so good.

bandanas and shemaghs are necessary accessory

what Zig Forums opinion of mess kit and burner?
I dont prefer a burner but atitanium 5-piece kit is pretty comfy

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (750x750 65.94 KB, 79.05K)

What type of boonies have you used?
I have one that is a size too large and it is frustrating.
here's the one I want.
Just a typical boonie with a stiff brim that stays flat and can be locked in place

Attached: Tactical-Airsoft-Sniper-Camouflage-font-b-Boonie-b-font-font-b-Hats-b-font-Nepalese-Cap.jpg (800x800, 245.32K)

As for my contribution, I'd suggest at bare minimum a $20 auto toolkit or homeowner toolkit including a screwdriver, pliers, zipties, a clean cloth, hex keys, etc. Pics related are absolute garbage, but if you're a poorfag you should at least have one of these for like $20-$30. They will come in handy for a lot more than just quick fixes for your car, especially the homeowner toolkit.

Attached: stanley_homeowner_toolkit.jpg (454x500 332.2 KB, 40.56K)

I don't like aluminum for cookware but that's just me. Titanium is fuck all expensive so I can't blame a guy. Burners are only good if you expect to have the fuel the entire time you're out. Folding wood stoves are a good option though, seen some advertised as rocket stoves but never tried them out.

No clue, had one from a surplus store that I used for years but can't find anymore.

A good hatchet and saw will do fine for a temporary camp. Unless you want to split large and knotted wood, don't worry too much about bringing a full sized axe.

Does the pack you have enough PALS for you to put the bladder on the outside in a pouch?

Not exactly better, just personal preference. They tend to be less bulky and less likely to snag on things. Also, there's a lot more variety to choose from compared to externals, so it's easier to find the features you want—you're looking for a Camelbak pouch, and just about every modern internal frame has one of those.

Sven saw my nigger, these things are great for portable woodcutting. Also, these hand chain saws are the shit for quickly cutting small to medium size branches.

Hatchet should do you just fine, although if you're going to be in an area for a longer period (four days to a week) and don't care as much about weight, I'd recommend a three-quarters axe as well. Either way, go for one that's all one piece with a steel handle, you can abuse the shit out of it and don't have to worry about the head coming off.

Any kind of full-brim hat will do, but I prefer the synthetic ones over leather as they breathe better. Also bandanas are a must, if you can get one with hydrate salts sewn into it, much better at retaining water.

If you plan to have access to fuel, get a Jetboil. If you want a SHTF burner get one that burns wood, I've got one from a company called Biolite. Maybe there are better ones out there, I don't know, but this one's worked fine for me. For mess kits, don't overthink it, I use this plastic thing the Swedes make and it's worked just fine.

OP, I know you asked for personal pics but I just finished packing all this shit away yesterday and I can't be arsed.

Attached: 27666807263_MealKit-2-0-o.jpeg (960x640 18.67 KB, 202.47K)

I like my Alps Mountaineering personally. Top-notch warranty (you just send in the broken part and they'll give you a new one, no questions asked), rainfly is covers the whole tent, and vestibule area is very generous. It also packs up real small for how roomy it is. And the poles go into these hooks instead of sleeves, which I like for several reasons. First, it's much easier to get the pole attached to hooks over running it through a sleeve. Second, sleeves tear easily while the hooks are more durable. Third, if one or two hooks do break you don't lose any functionality, whereas as soon as a sleeve rope it starts giving you problems as the pole will always, always get caught in the rip. I've been using this tent for ten years and it's still going strong.

Really going to depend on the climate, but it's better to err on the side of warmth—you can always unzip or lay on top of the bag if it's too hot, but you can't make a cold bag warm. Down vs synthetic is a matter of taste; I prefer synthetic, it's a bit bulkier but if and when you get your sleeping bag wet it's both easier to dry, and will still function when wet. Whereas with down, once you get it wet it's staying wet until you come home, and it loses all insulation.

Attached: Extreme-2014.jpg (900x518 52.48 KB, 32.9K)

What's your opinion on that one Zig Forumsommando who usually posts in these threads about how civ polymer tents are completely unreliable and that only heavy canvas army tents and tent-ponchos are worth using in bugout situations?

For lubing an AR, Armalite recommended automatic transmission fluid as a substitute for CLP in the 70's, and recommended 15W40 for lubricant.

…in fact, any heavy diesel oil would be awesome for lube, since a rifle is like a very slow cycling diesel piston.

Full disclosure, I haven't heavily considered bug out situations and only camp a week or two at a time, so take my words with a grain of salt.

First, about army gear: remember that it's made by the lowest builder that can meet certain requirements, not necessarily "the best." And the Army's requirements never list all criteria, most notably there's almost never a weight requirement. I'd say that argument makes sense for the lowest tier of nylon/polyester tents, like what Coleman offers. Those are only good for short trips and nothing serious, and while they may be heavier, canvas tents will far and away beat them in durability. But with more expensive civvie tents, you're getting durability that's a lot closer to canvas (but still clearly inferior, don't get me wrong), but still has the weight savings, ease of setup, waterproofing, and fabric longevity (it might rip easier, but it won't rot the way canvas does) of synthetics. Overall, I'd say canvas is good for tents that are meant for long-term use (multiple months in a single location), but if you plan on taking down and setting up repeatedly, civvie synthetics are better. A good compromise is to get a nice nylon tent like the one I posted, but use it with a canvas groundcloth to maximize the longevity of the floor, which is where you're most likely to see a tear form in your tent. Just make sure the ground cloth is a little smaller than the tent footprint. I've seen a few "hybrid" tents that are mostly nylon with a canvas floor, but none in backpacking format.

Source? That sounds like fuddlore.

Oil serves two purposes with firearms:
It's not fuddlore, you can legitimately use just about any oil for this purpose. In theory you could lubricate your firearm with a stick of butter. The issue is that not oils are created equal and some have lower burning temperatures than others (like that butter), some are more slippery, some go rancid faster than others, some will schlick out of your firearm after a couple reloads, etc. In practice if you just wanted to leave it on the shelf and mind the shelf-life of the oil you used, you could oil your gun with whatever the fuck you want. For all intents and purpose, gun-specific oil/lubricant will be better for your gun, and automobile oils will be your next best choice. This is because they're designed for rough metal parts moving around a lot/at high heats or extremely cold temperatures without gunking up. I wouldn't recommend ever using cooking oils since they tend to either burn at low temperatures which will foul up your firearm, solidify if it's not hot enough, or offer poor corrosion resistance, but in theory you could if you cleaned it properly, chose one with a high flash point/low solidifying point, and completely stripped and re-oiled your firearm every so often to prevent fouling/corrosion. The benefit of firearm lubricants is they tend to have additives that are MEANT to gunk up your gun at the microscopic level so it doesn't end up like grease on a moving rail collecting on the edges. If you're looking to lubricate then motor oil is very good. The only place motor oil fails compared to gun oil is that it's usually not meant to prevent oxidation (at the level of gun oils) since it's designed for a tight environment inside the engine where you're not supposed to have much oxygen getting in, in the first place.

Fuck forgot video related. Vegetable-based gun lube.

Is just oil good, or is it necessary to use grease of some sort on the sliding surfaces? I'm usually a "Ballistol for everything" kind of guy, which from what you've said so far sounds like enough.

I like the woodland version of that one. The clip up sides make me feel cooler.

If you're on the move a fire can be a hassle so I always bring my single burner stove. It packs up light and one canister of propane lasts forever.

Attached: 71aT91HdoiL._SL1500_[1].jpg (1500x1500, 144.57K)

web.archive.org/web/20041214153427/http://www.armalite.com/library/techNotes/tnote64.htm

fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/alternative-gun-cleaning-solvent-and-gun-cleaning-oil/70411

m4carbine.net/showthread.php?3756-Armalite-Tech-note-on-lubrication

15W40 is personal experience on F88 AuSteyr, F89 Minimi, MAG-58, and M2HB-QCB from my days back when I was in uniform years ago. Worked better than CLP on all counts, including carbon removal, especially in dusty conditions.

We were told that marine grease was recommended to use during amphib ops.
Not that I ever got to do that myself.

I need to get a small one, for purifying water.
After hearing about all the pathogens in running water sources, I'm going to go with multiple methods for purification.
I've heard good things from MSR
Sock liners…anyone use them?
What about gaiters/low profile shoe? I've heard that SF uses it on special ops like UBL
just curious

Attached: gaiter.jpg (1723x749 38.92 KB, 66.46K)

This thing is the shit. Boiling works fine as a backup but it's not nearly as convenient as one of these things. MSR is breddy gud, but my personal preference for water boiling are Jetboil stoves.

Attached: ONECOL.jpg (900x900, 79.76K)

You ever used aluminium pans to cook before? I bought a set of pots and pans, then when I took it home and opened it, a slip of paper fell out, warning about not cooking anything acidic in them as it fucks up the aluminium and gets into your digestive system.

Have you spent much time innawoods?
my whole thing is being tactical and not leaving a trace, but also not being able to easily be found.

Attached: landrover.jpg (800x800 267.21 KB, 169.8K)

My Jetboils have aluminum pots. I mostly use them for coffee and boiled water, but they're anodized and supposed to be cook-safe for everything. Not too familiar with the aluminum cookware controversy, but I know the supposed health defects were only in elderly patients, after decades of everyday exposure. I'm not really qualified to say whether they're truly safe or not (my guess would be there's some risk, but the usual consumer hysteria has overblown things), but as long as you've got some kind of coating on your stuff it shouldn't be an issue either way.

I've been going about 15 years if we count the time I was an underage v&. It's always been more about enjoying the outdoors than being tactical, so while we're pretty good about not leaving a trace as far as cleaning up the area afterwards, I don't have much experience in remaining hidden while set up.

aluminum works but gets dented easily and soot and residue will stay in the pan. ive been wanting to try titanium just for its vanity value.

cool. I'm interested in learning about survival and stuff from Zig Forums anons, and being tactical is just a byproduct; you'd be amazed how much wildlife you can sneak up on while wearing camo and facepaint. I've had foxes, coyotes, and deer look at me from 20 ft and not move. One thing that is difficult though is being heard/smelled.
tom brown said that as a boy, his test was to sneak up on a deer and wrangle it by the neck.
Are tracking boots a meme?

Attached: G8Boots_1_.jpg (288x216, 60.48K)

Lifestraws are pretty good. Not sure how long they will last, but I drank a glass of pond water with one. Pond water actually tastes good

Attached: lifestraw.jpg (600x600, 14.25K)

Oh yeah, them or something similar are pretty good if you need something you can just throw into a pocket or daypack. The Platypus I posted earlier is basically a heavy-duty lifestraw, it's just meant to filter several liters at a time, and uses gravity instead of suction. For either one, though, make sure you backwash the filter regularly—running filtered water back through the system will flush gunk out of the filter and make it last much longer.

They're good to about 260 gallons of water. Being small and compact enough, I think having two on hand would be more than sufficient for personal survival. Down side being it can't carry the water with you and filter on the go like an inline filter in .

The problem with that is it doesn't deal with viruses, toxins or heavy metals. Also I'd rather have something that can filter water on demand, instead of when I'm sucking on it. It's a bit homoerotic a single gay joke is going to kill millions of people.

Besides you can make a filter if you're not retarded. It's the simplest thing in the world, multiple levels of coarse and fine grain silica sand to weed out bacteria, some charcoal to mop up the heavy elements, and bam you have clean drinking water. I'd boil the result to get rid of hardier viruses if that's a risk, but otherwise it's clean.

The only reason niggers are dying is because they literally can't stack pebbles and sand into layers on top of some charcoal.

Attached: 795f24cdfd9a58383cdb58392355cfdc.jpg (400x533 81.55 KB, 45.79K)

Its because rich white people keep taking vacations to Africa to dig wells for people that should have the logistical reasoning that clean water is needed for survival.
Same reason the Congo, with the most fertile soil in the world, relies so much on food aid that farmers can't make money.
CAUSE RICH WHITE PEOPLE REFUSE TO LET AFRICA PROGRESS ON ITS OWN! BECAUSE THEY WILL SPEND MILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON SOME DIRT VILLAGE THAT NEEDS TO RELOCATE! INSTEAD OF HELPING THE POOR IN THEIR OWN COUNTRIES!

Also, I second the boiling the filtered water. Filtering is for large shit. Boiling is for living shit.

Sawyer makes a not! Lifestraw that can screw onto a pouch water bottle if that's what you need, but I'd still suggest a gravity filter (either the Platypus or a homemade one like ) for a more complete filtration.

Too true, pic related.

Eh, in most cases that's overkill. Maybe if you made your own filter out pebbles and sand and want the insurance, but the Platypus (and I would assume other reputable filters) are made to kill bacteria and the like.

Attached: SP128_blue-1024x1024.jpg (1024x1024, 90.45K)

Forgot my pic like a tard.

Attached: DO_NOT_FEED_(info).png (1020x1449, 1.27M)

How long do commercial filters (Lifestraws, Sawyers, etc) last for before you have to replace them? How long can they be stored for? Can you use them after years of storage? Or do you have to use them in a certain time frame?

Oh of course, those good commercial filters don't require/need boiling. But for a field built filter system, its better to be safe than sorry.
Waterborne shit is nasty but easily avoidable, as someone with GI issues after a bout with lyme's disease and the resulting bleaching of my gut bacteria from antibiotics. I NEED TO BE STUPID PARANOID ABOUT WATER AND FOOD PREP INNA FIELD! It is very possible and only adds a little bit to the entire process but damned if I get something nasty.

top post
has anyone tried pills or chloring to purify water?
I did the coleman two step pills and it tasted fine, the only downside was that it used a lot of pills for one giant water container and I still did'nt even use enough by coleman's standard

Attached: water-bottle-racks-jugs-5galip2-64_1000.jpg (450x450 33.65 KB, 39.08K)

When I was in the army we got small white chlorine tablets we used to purify 1 liter of water at a time.
It tasted like chlorine water afterwards but we didn't get the shits and no one died from failed kidneys, so I guess it's working as intended.

That means there was urine in your water, just as a heads up.

First pic is literally what they use in the city mains, it's just poured in by the gallons instead of with an eye dropper. Kills anything living, but it doesn't deal with toxins or heavy metals.

So if I use bleach to kill germs in my water it means theres piss in it? Retard.

I got an aluminum mess kit and a Jetboil like has. Is aluminum safe to cook from? I heard that it has some long term consequences. Also I want to ask
if he has boiled water using his Jetboil but without the gas. (Such as on top of a small wood stove)

This is a good thread. I'm liking the water filtration options. I keep a life straw around for emergencies but a more heavy duty setup like that platypus seems neat.

My current want/curiosity is this all in one overcoat/shelter thing called a Jerven bag. Looks like a bivvy sack you wear.

Attached: jerven hunting smock1.jpg (900x695 239.98 KB, 264.16K)

I've heard a buildup of aluminum can cause alzheimer's. But it's literally in most antiperspirants so we're already fucked user.

A life straw saved my ass one time. But I prefer the sawyer setup now, it's better in every way, besides perhaps not being all self contained.

One thing I always carry now no one has mentioned is wire, plain iron wire, I wrap probably 10feet around a few 3inch nails and it's useful as fuck. Makes lashing shit together easy, you can use a nail as a lever to twist the wire tight, and it doesn't melt or burn like other cordage so it's useful for hanging pots. I guess you could make a snare too, but I've never tried. Weights just a few oz, it's worth it.

Also I love my "jungle" hammock I got on banggood for $5, just a big net made of slightly smaller Paracord with 2 rings. Holds my 200lb ass up and is tiny.

here. I've heard the same stuff about aluminum, but here's what you have to remember: that shit is unconfirmed, and while it's certainly good not to be too callous about your health, most of the things that are "suspected but unconfirmed" in science and medicine end up being giant nothingburgers. See: cell phones causing cancer, artificial sweeteners causing cancer they're still far from great to eat, but for other reasons, and so on. Aluminum cookware is the same, some researcher suggested the correlation in the 70s, but there's no evidence beyond that. Second, you're rarely if ever putting your food on raw aluminum. Jetboils are hard-anodized, as is most aluminum cookware you can buy, so there's nothing to worry about there, health risk or no health risk. And even untreated aluminum pans, if you managed to find one somewhere, isn't going to be raw aluminum–it will be aluminum oxide on the outside layer, which is a very hard mineral, the same things rubies and sapphires are made out of. So you should be fine cooking with it.

Can't say that I have, sorry. As long as you're fine with your pots getting covered in ash, I don't see why'd it be a problem though. If you're anticipating not having access to fuel, I'd suggest getting a woodburning backpacking stove instead. The Biolite is a good option, you probably don't give a shit about the charging port but the one thing it has that other woodburners don't have is a fan that blows oxygen into the fire–it's got a thermo-electric generator on it, so as the fire burns it powers the motor running the fan.

That looks pretty cool. Probably a royal pain to sleep in, though. I'd buy one to keep as a backup/emergency tool in a car or bugout bag.

Nigger aluminum is one of the most common elements in the crust, you ingest a little of it every day. If you've ever had aspirin or a Tum you've had a lot more than a little, most of it passes right through you. Antiperspirants don't even include aluminum elementally, it's part of a complex ion compound. The only possible thing to fear from aluminum in antiperspirant is that the ionized aluminum can actually be pretty acidic if it's ever isolated. But from what I remember from chemistry the chances of the aluminum in that compound getting isolated without some kind of deliberate attempt are basically zero.

Hmm, you mind asking me which Sawyer setup? I tried using their gravity filter as an alternative to platypus once. It filtered the water well enough, but really damn inconvenient to use compared to the Platypus for a variety of reasons.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1024x743, 475.14K)

It seems like we've grossly neglected one major part of survival gear:
GUNS

What's the ideal innawoods rifle? I think the 10/22
with fagpul backpacker furniture is a pretty good option for a bugout/emergency rifle. It's nice and compact, not too heavy, you can store mags or gear inside the stock and grip, and it shoots the most common cartridge in the world.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1200x657, 962.54K)

The blue one you can find at Walmart, for $20 something. I use it with the folding plastic bottle it came with or inline with a water bladder. Never used the gravity setup, if I'm staying somewhere that long I just boil water.

Oh yeah, that thing. Forgot about the inline feature, that's definitely a plus for quick solo filtering. Gravity filters are king if you're traveling with a group though, you can make a gallon of water in less than ten minutes. Boiling's fine if you're solo but once you have a few other people it can get tedious fast.

Looks like a bivvy bag but with a full-length zip and zip-in woobie blanket.
Not bad but seems a touch costly if you include shipping.

Well thanks for the level headed aluminum myth dispersion.

I like the sound of that. I think one of the ruger .22 target pistols might be another alternative

It's pricey for sure. It's mostly a curiosity to me. I just want to try it.

Wouldn't mind one myself- that camo seems pretty effective in imitating a rock.

Has anybody here used one of these car roof rack tents? Are they well-built? these things are expensive, the cheapest ones are around 300$. i've always felt like a good 4x4 with a rooftop tent or a flatbed 4x4 with a camper is the best way to be extremely mobile innawoods. Just bring some camo netting and park between some trees or bushes and you're good.
Only real problem is fuel, but extra tanks are easy to get.

I like to think that a .357 is the best woods gun. You can load .38 for small(ish) game, and .357 for deer, bears, niggers, or skinwalkers.
Of course, if you have a vehicle, size and weight matter a whole lot less.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1024x768 2.46 MB, 1.51M)

Sex sells, eat up goyim!

Attached: knight_disgust.jpg (525x777 95.32 KB, 44.27K)

Story tiem?

Attached: bd174bad3bc72da4c428396a3cf8c3b9ef7a3b613ea0ef8af007ccd098e24e77.png (633x758, 528.26K)

I decided I wanted to have a bit of an adventure, so I buy a kayak, pack it with camping shit, food, and an old 12ga and have a friend drop me off at the river. I was living in Montana at the time and I'd herd a ton of people say how nice it is just floating down the yellowstone river. I have a bit of kayak experience so it shouldn't be a big deal.

It was just after the snowmelt had finished and the river was really low, which I thought would have been a good thing, turns out it's not, low water exposed all the rocks and made some pretty big rapids. But I was having a blast, until about 15 miles down river right before I wanted to find a spot to camp, I went around some big rapids through a really shallow fast moving spot, too shallow for my kayak. I got cought up on a rock, the water current turned me sideways and tipped me over on the downstream side of the kayak, then the water pressure on the kayak preceded to grind me into the rocks, how I'm getting pushed I can't flip upright and to not die in a few inches of water I bail out of my kayak and hold onto it as it drags me along for the ride. When I round the bend in the river and see the big ass rapids I'm headed for I abandon the waterfilled kayak and swim to shore.

It's dusk, I'm exhausted, soaked, thirsty, it's getting cold, a bunch of clouds are rolling in, and I'm on the wrong side of the river. There was a road paralleling the river but it's a quarter mile on the other side and the river is about 100yards wide, of whitewater. The only useful things I had were a bright orange Mora knife clipped to my life jacket, a small fire steel necklace I almost always have on and as an after thought, a life straw I had bought the day before at Cabela's, because it was on sale. My cellphone, in a waterproof case had no signal.

After catching my breath the first thing I did was open up that life straw and drink what seemed like a gallon of water. Then after checking my phone useless. I decided tostart a fire, dryout and see what the weather was going to do. Well it took probably a little over an hour to start a fire despite being surrounded by tons of dead dry drift wood. Nerves or something, now I'm a fucking fire expert, i never want to go through that again. By now the weather has moved in and it starts fucking snowing, just flurries, but fuck. I had a long sleeve fishing shirt and some synthetic pants on, not great but I probably wouldn't freeze with a fire going. I kinda remembered a bridge a few miles back upriver, and was pretty sure that was the only one on this stretch of the river, but it could have been 2 miles or 7, so I decided to hunker down with my fire in a half dirt cave thing in the riverbank, really hoping it didn't flood. Instead of trying to walkout after dark. It was a long cold night but I survived with sun-up and with a half inch of snow on the ground I walked to the bridge, across it to the main road and hitched a ride home, guy even bought me a coffee.

Now i would have been fine drinking river water for one day and probably getting the shits, but I'm still the only person I know who's used one in a kinda real survival situation.

Pic is the river when I started, looks nice and calm.

Attached: IMG_0545.JPG (3264x2448, 2.7M)

About a week later someone even found my kayak, well what was left of it. It was folded in half and had been torn open by a bear, but I got my old break action 12ga back.

Thanks for storytime

Attached: 234DEEE4-AD6C-4565-A8B5-FA09564143B4.jpeg (4032x3024 3.84 MB, 2.35M)

Sheeit, that's intense. This is why you should always go innawoods with at least one other person–if shit happens one guy can bail the other out.

kek

Attached: donotfeedthebirdsinafrica2.jpg (449x1250, 178.04K)

If weight/space is an issue, I raise you:
1. a pair of slip-joint pliers with a jaw like pic related (Channellocks also makes them at a more friendly price). Very versatile little tool.
2. a quality flat head screwdriver with a solid, beefy handle - good for prying, scraping, possibly hammering, and even driving screws.
3. a screwdriver with interchangeable bits and a little baggy with 3 or 4 common bits (Phillips, Torx, maybe square/Robertson)

Attached: knipex.jpg (679x679, 24.07K)

A pair of adjustable Vice Grips would work better imo, as you can lock them. Multitools aren't ideal for repair work but they're also a very nice option if space is at a premium, either a Leatherman of your choice or the Victorinox Swisschamp if you're providing your own pliers.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (500x500, 109.49K)

The slip-joint pliers allow you to open the jaws super wide. A pair of Knipex Cobras that is only 7.25" long will get around a 1.5" pipe or a slightly under 1.5" bolt. Also, the jaw on them can grab bolts and nuts securely without marring them (much like an adjustable wrench.)

I'd probably bring both, but if I could only pack one it would be the slip-joints because I think they're more versatile.

We have given 8 marshal plans to africa because not doing so would have meant that money going to the people who produced the wealth in the first place, white americans and europeans.

stolen

staying on topic..
Chinese military shovel WJQ-308…grappling hook, plate, axe, pick, bottle opener, saw, melee weapon, wire gauge, wire cutter, ruler, can opener, claw hammer, shield…..

Cool. Currently looking into getting some gear like that.

folding shovels in general are great, i have an old dutch army shovel that does the job of a hatchet quite well, combined with a general purpose knife for batoning it makes for a great tool

Anybody here into lightweight/ultra-lightweight backpacking? My base weight is 9.65 lbs. Total 3-4 day loadout is 13.7 lbs, but that doesn't include my gun.

The reason I'm wondering, btw, is because the main principles behind lightweight backpacking are super useful in a bugout scenario, particularly a short-term one.

Last November, my girlfriend and I hiked a 30-mile trail here in PA, 10 miles per day (though we could have done 15 or more) with 2 very cold nights where we stayed perfectly warm and well-fed. This year we're looking at a couple 50-ish mile trails that we can do over 3-4 days. It's so empowering to be able to walk out into the woods and stay warm, dry, well-fed, and comfortable, with nothing more than you can carry fairly easily on your back.

No, but there is a reason /out/ had the slogan "you gonna carry that weight".
Being lighter is always better, so what did you pack on your trip?

How would a general purpose knife that is also adequate enough at stabbing people to be used as a bayonet look like?

Nice, what do you usually pack. My bug-out bag only probably has about half of the stuff I really need and is about 11 pounds, once I throw in my typical stuff I use for one day hunting trips I usually come out around 30 pounds. Though that is usually means a lot of stuff I wouldn't bring for actual bug-out time.

like this, but it is a bit big so i'm thinking about maybe swapping it out for this one
varusteleka.com/en/product/terava-jaakaripuukko-carbon-steel/56524

i also carry pic related 2 with me. but i prefer fixed blade knives

Attached: knoife.jpg (420x318 77.25 KB, 15.07K)

Gear
My stuff only:
REI Half-Dome 2 (86.15 oz)
Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Ultra sleeping pad (21 oz)
Zefabak (cheap-ass) quilt (18.72 oz)
My shitty but lightweight Walmart backpack (11.8 oz)
Travel pillow from Walmart (6.95 oz)
2 quarts of water (17.89 oz with bottles)
Maglite Solitaire (1.05 oz)
cheap steel spoon (0.9 oz)
toothbrush (0.4 oz)

Gear we shared (split the weight between both of us as evenly as possible):
REI Half Dome 2 tent (86.15 oz)
bare-bones medkit with some antibiotic ointment, tiny sewing kit, SAM splint, and sports tape (6.85 oz)
Esbit stove with 6x14g tablets (6.3 oz)
water filter with 3 bags (don't have it here, don't remember the brand) (5.55 oz)
a power bank for our phones (5.45 oz)
a titanium cup for boiling water (4.15 oz)
Mora Craftline knife + sheath (3.85 oz)
an old gardening trowel (3.75 oz)
cheap tiny LED lantern (3.55 oz)
some paracord, a carabiner, and a lightweight bag for use as a bear bag (2.05 oz)
1/3 roll of toilet paper (2 oz)
little bottle of hand sanitizer (2oz)
little bottle of high-DEET bug spray (1.75 oz)
tiny tube of toothpaste (1 oz)

Food coming in a moment.

worldbayonets.com/Bayonet_Identification_Guide/Finland/finland_2.html
Does the M1962 seem to be ideal?

should work just fine, i might be of more help if you told me what exactly you plan to use it for, just regular bushcrafting or as general purpose knife for a bugout bag?

Food (just mine… we eat totally different things, so none of this is shared)
4.081 lbs, 7270 calories (1781 cal/lb)

Not sure of a lot of these brands, but here we go:
bag of almonds and walnuts (5.45 oz, 850 cal)
JIF natural single-serving PB cups x6 (9.9 oz, 1500 cal)
trail mix "Essential Nutrients" from Walmart (5.7 oz, 850 cal)
Great Value Mountain Mix x3 (5.25 oz, 720 cal)
chicken flavor Ramen x2 (6.3 oz, 760 cal)
trail mix "Energy Mix" from Walmart (6.55 oz, 700 cal)
Clif Builder's Protein Mint flavor x2 (5.1 oz, 540 cal)
Minute Rice, 2 servings (3.3 oz, 340 cal)
Clif Builder's Protein Peanut Butter (2.75 oz, 280 cal)
Gatorade energy chews x3 (3.3 oz, 300 cal)
Spam slice, lol (2.6 oz, 210 cal)
Starkist buffalo chicken pouch (3.15 oz, 80 cal)
Starkist tuna in water pouch (2.95 oz, 70 cal)
Starkist chicken salad pouch (3 oz, 70 cal)

Not an ideal diet, and I could get it better and lighter, but I love to eat this bullshit so it kept me happy and kept me moving.

I'm mostly interested in a theoretical level, so could you give your opinion on both possibilities?