Chrome has added Anti Virus that Scans personal Files on Your PC,didn't inform users

Last week, Kelly Shortridge, who works at cybersecurity startup SecurityScorecard, noticed that Chrome was scanning files in the Documents folder of her Windows computer.
I was wondering why my Canarytoken (a file folder) was triggering & discovered the culprit was chrome.exe. Turns out @googlechrome quietly began performing AV scans on Windows devices last fall. Wtf m8? This isn’t a system dir, either, it’s in \Documents\
5:58 PM - Mar 29, 2018

Last year, Google announced some upgrades to Chrome, by far the world’s most used browser—and the one security pros often recommend. The company promised to make internet surfing on Windows computers even “cleaner” and “safer ” adding what The Verge called “basic antivirus features.” What Google did was improve something called Chrome Cleanup Tool for Windows users, using software from cybersecurity and antivirus company ESET.

As the head of Google Chrome security Justin Schuh explained on Twitter, the tool’s “sole purpose is to detect and remove unwanted software manipulating Chrome.” Moreover, he added, the tool only runs weekly, it only has normal user privileges (meaning it can’t go too deep into the system)

Johns Hopkins professor Matthew Greensaid most people “are just a little creeped out that Chrome started poking through their underwear drawer without asking.”

That’s the problem here: most users of an internet browser probably don’t expect it to scan and remove files on their computers.

Martijn Grooten, the editor of Virus Bulletin and organizer of one of the premiere antivirus conferences in the world, told me in a Twitter chat that the behavior of the Chrome Cleanup Tool was “sensible.”

“For almost all users, this seems really harmless, and for those who are extremely concerned about Google seeing some metadata, maybe they shouldn't be running Google's browser in the first place,” he said.

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/wj7x9w/google-chrome-scans-files-on-your-windows-computer-chrome-cleanup-tool

Attached: DZfOCy5WAAAcGsg.jpg large.jpg (1024x198, 41.69K)

another reason not to use Google Crohm's

literally not surprising

what if it finds something illegal?

you deserve it

>Company that owns Youtube, a site known to unfairly punish users on subjective bases of "offensive content" and "hate speech" in attempts to thought police invades the privacy of millions of it users without consent.

Pic-related response.

Attached: Water_Is_Wet.png (443x309, 169.02K)

Shocking! Absolutely shocking!

You get buttfucked in Federal prison for 40 years for having the wrong sequence of 1's and 0's on your hard drive.

Makes sense. The average user never deletes a fucking thing. The worst computers riddled with malware, viruses and trojans are kept by slobs that never clean or even bother to update their OS. They always click the install later button, scan later button.

GOOGLE FAGS BTFO

10 YEARS FREE RAPE IN PRISON

What about chromium

Oh goyim…

Shouldn't it only be able to scan your downloads directory? Why does it have access to your full file system?
Also:
Those crafty bastards.

what kind of douchebag uses Chrome instead of Firefox anyway?

what kind of douche uses either of those instead of tor when this site has an onion?

nothing happens because that's not what it's for doofus

They only scan for viruses…gonest

That Onion Skin reference just reminded me of what my ex-girlfriend (who was a registered nurse) told me a long time ago.

She said the black patients were so stupid, that they didn't understand what the doctors would tell them about their medical conditions…

For example, one black patient actually thought he had been diagnosed with "cockroaches of the liver" (cirrhosis) and another black patient who thought he had been diagnosed with an "onion" (hernia)

But yeah…. whatever…