Fosta! FBI seizes control & shuts down Sex ads website Backpage.Who's next?

Groups and political leaders working to end forced prostitution and child exploitation celebrated the shutdown of Backpage, a massive ad marketplace that is primarily used to sell sex. But some internet and free speech advocates warned the action could lead to harsh federal limits on expression and the press.

The website posting said U.S. attorneys in Arizona and California, as well as the Justice Department’s section on child exploitation and obscenity and the California and Texas attorneys general had helped shut down the website.

The Justice Department said late on Friday that a court in Arizona ruled the case remains sealed, which puts any legal information under wraps. In the posting about the seizure, the department had originally said more information would be made public on Friday evening.

A Phoenix FBI official said that there was “law enforcement activity” at the Sedona, Arizona home of Michael Lacey, one of the founders of Backpage, but referred further inquiries to the Justice Department.

Reuters was unable to reach representatives of Backpage for comment.

“Today, Backpage was shutdown. It’s a huge step. Now no child will be sold for sex through this website,” tweeted Senator Heidi Heitkamp.

Heitkamp helped draft legislation passed by the Senate last month that makes it easier for state prosecutors and sex-trafficking victims to sue social media networks, advertisers and others that fail to keep sex trafficking and exploitative materials off their platforms..

President Donald Trump will sign the bill into law next week, said Heitkamp. The legislation, featured prominently in the popular Netflix documentary “I am Jane Doe,” amends the Communications Decency Act, which has shielded website operators from state criminal charges or civil liability if they facilitate sex ads or prostitution.

“Shutting down the largest online U.S. marketplace for sex trafficking will dramatically reduce the profitability of forcing people into the commercial sex trade, at least in the short term,” said Bradley Myles, chief executive of Polaris, an international anti-slavery group that runs the National Human Trafficking Hotline.

There would be “a dramatic shift in the marketplace starting tonight,” he added.

Backpage and advocacy groups say the ads are free speech protected by the U.S. Constitution.

Backpage has affiliates across the country and around the world, and by 2014 brought in annual revenue of $135 million, the New York Times has reported.

The Supreme Court in January 2017 refused to consider reviving a lawsuit against Backpage that was filed by three young women, who accused it of facilitating their forced prostitution.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has told Congress that nearly three quarters of the cases submitted to the center relate to ads posted on the site. The state of California has said that 90 percent of the site’s income were attributable to “adult ads.”

In 2016, Texas and California authorities raided the company’s Dallas headquarters and arrested chief executive Carl Ferrer and other former company executives on pimping-related charges. The judge in the case ruled the website was protected by the First Amendment, and it was not liable for the speech of third parties.

archive.is/q7rDi

Attached: Capture.JPG (847x579, 87.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

backpage.com/
archive.fo/Vwa8q
twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/982722926305832960
acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=623833
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How the hell am i supposed to get laid now? I was just working up the courage to respond to an ad.

This whole Fosta thing has been really a fight to shutdown Backpage

I said earlier that "certain websites" have hidden behind Section 230, but the debate over the legislation has focused almost entirely on one website: Backpage.com. After Craigslist shut down its adult services section in 2010, Backpage quickly became one of the Internet's leading destinations for advertising sexual services.

SO FUCK UP THE WHOLE INTERNET TO TAKE DOWN ONE SITE

backpage.com/

So, what about eHarmony and Match.com? Hell all dating sites are affected by this!

I am actually tickled pink by this. prostitutes are public urinal, and their customers are worthless pieces of shit. This is hilarious.

And no, it's not going to stop with Backpage… In fact, this has only just begun…

when I think about how many people are going to be miserable about this, it fucking cracks me up

https:// youtu.be/BHOevX4DlGk Rightiousness will prevail.

Attached: police.jpg (88x88, 3.12K)

Zig Forums.

And next will be KKK sites and then after that conservative Republican sites and then after that who ever offends the powers that be…

Slippery slope fallacies aside this opens the door to sites like chans getting closed. And the thing will move overseas next week.

Attached: 130531-first-amendment-cartoon-.jpg (490x369, 54.49K)

And yet all of the ads on their site showed some nasty-ass sluts who would never pass for under 21, let alone under 18.

if the pedo scum on /b/ have their way, yes

we do not forgive. we do not forget. expect us.
t. fbi

who's next? why not send them over to /b/ or /waifuist/
oh wait, they're already there, thanks to jim's honeypot software

Eh, why stop there?

But they'll still be sold for everything else because the vast majority of human slave trade is involved with far more mundane things than headline splashy sex stories.
Pat yourselves on the backs, hold press conferences, hand out promotions and suck each other's dicks, faggots, you've accomplished nothing of value in the real world.

archive.fo/Vwa8q

If one child benefits, then the effort was worth it.

That's right, goy. We can't have forums where people spread dangerous ideas like the holocaust never having happened. Think of the children. We do. All the time.

this

>>>/waifuist/768123

Nice idea!

>>>/oneshota/709

>>>/delicious/1246

You use your social skills and charm, of course. Combined with your nice car and flashing lots of money around.

Are you joking?
If you're in the west, you have but to open your hand and hold it under the pussy faucet. Go to raves, concerts, bars and clubs, that's where cheap clam goes to get slammed.

Did the FBI shut this down because it has something to do with twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/982722926305832960

Taken care of.

Attached: wkfjasdfafkj.jpg (650x430, 174.38K)

if you're looking for hot asian women, 18-25 years old for casual dating and more, contact [email protected]! Beautiful women are out there and they want to meet you! if you're looking for casual dating, serious relationship, or just some fun, we can arrange dates that will fulfill your desires!

if you're looking for hot ebony women, 18-25 years old for casual dating and more, contact [email protected]! Beautiful women are out there and they want to meet you! if you're looking for casual dating, serious relationship, or just some fun, we can arrange dates that will fulfill your desires!

if you're looking for hot white women, 18-25 years old for casual dating and more, contact [email protected]! Beautiful women are out there and they want to meet you! if you're looking for casual dating, serious relationship, or just some fun, we can arrange dates that will fulfill your desires!

if you're looking for hot women, 18-25 years old for casual dating and more, contact [email protected]! Beautiful women are out there and they want to meet you! if you're looking for casual dating, serious relationship, or just some fun, we can arrange dates that will fulfill your desires!

He tweets how a toddler talks.

It amazes me that after all of the shit that has happened there are still retards who think the slippery slope isn't a very real thing.

JohnnyNeptune confirmed as a glow-in-the-dark CIA nigger who hates freedom of speech.
We know who he is and where he is!
He needs to be shut down.

acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=623833
Kek!
Order up some pizzas for this namefag!

so what? might makes right, cuck

Good.

please stop deleting my messages. i am only trying to make a good honest business. 100% legal!

if you're looking for hot ebony women, 18-25 years old for casual dating and more, contact [email protected]! Beautiful women are out there and they want to meet you! if you're looking for casual dating, serious relationship, or just some fun, we can arrange dates that will fulfill your desires!

please stop deleting my messages. i am only trying to make a good honest business. 100% legal!

if you're looking for hot asian women, 18-25 years old for casual dating and more, contact [email protected]! Beautiful women are out there and they want to meet you! if you're looking for casual dating, serious relationship, or just some fun, we can arrange dates that will fulfill your desires!

if you're looking for hot white women, 18-25 years old for casual dating and more, contact [email protected]! Beautiful women are out there and they want to meet you! if you're looking for casual dating, serious relationship, or just some fun, we can arrange dates that will fulfill your desires!

if you're looking for hot transexual women, 18-25 years old for casual dating and more, contact [email protected]! Beautiful women are out there and they want to meet you! if you're looking for casual dating, serious relationship, or just some fun, we can arrange dates that will fulfill your desires!

I am not sure if this is spam, or making fun of the FBI in this situation.

Attached: Confused Konata.gif (500x281, 414.03K)