Are there any cold-weather stalker challenges? I live in northern Minnesota...

Are there any cold-weather stalker challenges? I live in northern Minnesota, and I was thinking of doing an extreme winter one this year. If there isn't one, I'm open to suggestions.

Attached: 1513317159302.jpg (604x453, 75.3K)

If I had the money and time, I'd take this guy's classes.

#1: weather minimums: -30C or colder. Dismounted, anything you can carry or pull. 60 rounds, any rifle, 2 nights, must use all ammo.

#2: weather: -20C or colder, snowshoes or skis, 5km minimum distance one way, any gear you can carry, 60 rnds, any rifle, 2 nights. No ammo on return.

#3: (#2 hard mode) no tent or shelter, sleeping bag and pad max, 1x MRE, 2L water, fire kit, hatchet, map, compass, 2 glow sticks, knife, snare wire. 60rds, any rifle. 24km total, 5km in dark. Use all ammo.

If you can go more than a 30 seconds or so without gloves, it can't be that cold out.

No, its just cold.

Would it cut your mouth?
t. very limited exposure to snow

The full quote was more

Eating snow is fine, it just sucks though. Even in small balls it takes a ton of warmth from your face for a tiny amount of water. Ice chips are a better choice.

Another idea is to stuff snow into your bottle and use the latent heat in the water to melt the snow. A half full bottle of water will have enough heat to melt enough snow to refill itself.
Has anyone found a water bladder that won't crack in freezing temps?

Snow? Cuts your mouth?

This, really. They make "runner/driver" gloves which are thin enough that you can stick your hands in your pockets to grab stuff, but even those are well-insulated.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE MOST AUSTRALIAN POST IN THE WORLD

I would think that if you had a bladder against your body and under your insulating layers, it would stay liquid. The hose is a different matter, however.

Isn't snow just little shards of ice?

Do people shred their flesh off when they pick up snow?

I guess not? But the mouth is much more sensitive to that than the hands, you wouldn't put thumbtacks in your mouth.
I'll take your word for it though.

No, the main issue would be the fact that you hemmorage calories by eating straight snow. Think about it, it takes a few minutes over a fire to melt snow. Now think about the fact that your body has to do that on it's own when eating straight snow. That's a lot of energy you just wasted getting some fucking water. Use fire to melt snow for drinking, avoid death by hypothermia.

tbh, yeah, it could cause soreness.
t. ate snow for hydration

Seems like a good place to ask does anybody know a nice secluded abandon industrial structure or military base(something along those lines) in the American south east?

Attached: bfe0550799f5ec35a77e64f67cff1c9fe61b13b524bf86194a61f5dbbdff6bcf.jpg (640x480, 37.48K)

35°46'57.8"N 79°04'26.9"W
out-of-commission, no worries :)))

Haha, nice troll.

What's the intention of the "discharge all ammo" aspect? Is it to fire the rifle repeatedly and not be discovered? If so, who would be looking for you? Otherwise, if it's just to mag dump a bunch of rounds into some dirt then I don't perceive the point.

The idea is a bit of column a and b. To demonstrate that the POI changes and what that adjustment looks like, to note that conventional wisdom on rifle lubricants is wrong and what works instead, to demonstrate that the rifle actually works and how to keep it working. Plus shooting shit is fun.

Pretend to be a Jäger for the Austrian army. Or any army. Make up your own!
Tired, so sorry if the post came out poorly.

Attached: 1449177909601.jpg (200x240, 13.27K)

*obviously done in the woods

Good ole biathlon. Olympic sport based on winter troop movements. Ski, then shoot, then ski, then shoot, etc. etc.

Pic related. Also dem hips

Attached: biathln.jpg (736x1107, 107.02K)

This would be a much cooler sport if they were only allowed to use actual fucking rifles
Say a restriction on WW2 pattern bolt actions only, or hunting rifles.

Fuck that plinky bullshit implying that would be effective against men or beasts but MUH SPORTS OPTIMIZATION
Same shit with archery or any sport derived from combat/hunting/etc.

You wanna know why they're stuck using 22lr? Because you dominated the scene with 6.5 and everyone had a hissy fit over it.

Snow is like a cold white powder, imagine it as wheat flour that melts into water note, this may not be entirely accurate depending on weather, but when it is very cold (sub -20c) that is what snow will be in most scenarios. Your mouth might get sore because you are putting ice into your mouth after all, but there isn't any big consequence.
Don't you have some snowy mountains in Southern Australia or something?

Sports rifles don't really seem fair or realistic in general, those plinkers are probably too light to actually be an accurate representation of being a soldier on skis.

Not really in South Australia, no. You've got the great dividing range, but if this guy lives in Perth it's almost a 40 hour drive away.

Attached: 71c8f2a728722b165a8d6fd3c454cac1.png (996x914, 1.02M)

Is everything I know, wrong?

Attached: 1507320602586.jpg (665x574, 35.7K)

They are on skis. They have to shoot and then get back to moving fast.

If you watch them they do some weird quick heavy breathing technique to steady themselves since they just cross country skiied(?) x distance and are breathing heavy. Plus they shoot .22lr, If they used full caliber rounds like the other strelok said they’d have to take a different stance.

No, competitive shooting requires a whole different deal.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1200x675, 1.21M)

What in the world…

National Match shooting is serious business

you should try it for yourself, be sure to use a shotgun and load the hottest slugs you got.

The standing is hard as hell and somehow that position just works. Try a 200 yard shot from the standing and see how shaky you are.