Sandy Hook parents sue conspiracy theorist Alex Jones for defamation

AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - The parents of two children killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook school massacre have sued conspiracy theorist Alex Jones for defamation, accusing him and his website InfoWars of engaging in a campaign of “false, cruel, and dangerous assertions.”
The two lawsuits filed on Monday in Travis County, Texas, where Jones resides, are likely the first defamation cases concerning Sandy Hook brought against Jones, who has called the shooting a hoax, said Mark Bankston, a Houston-based lawyer for the parents.
The parents decided to sue more than five years after the attacks because they had concluded Jones has no intention of leaving them alone, Bankston said.
“He needs to held accountable,” Bankston said in a phone interview. “The strategy of ignoring him didn’t work, He didn’t go away.”
Jones and a lawyer for him named in the lawsuits did not respond to requests to comment. Jones’ InfoWars media site and affiliated Free Speech Systems were also named as defendants.
A gunman killed 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, on Dec. 14, 2012, in an attack that ranks among the five deadliest mass shootings by a single gunman in U.S. history.
InfoWars founder Jones has questioned what he calls the “official story” of Sandy Hook and suggested a political cover-up took place. Although his theory has been discredited, people who believe Jones have harassed and taunted families of the victims.
The suits filed by Leonard Pozner, Veronique De La Rosa and Neil Heslin seek at least $1 million in damages. Each claims Jones repeatedly asserted the Sandy Hook shooting was staged and the parents were liars and frauds who helped in a cover-up.
“Defendants’ defamatory statements were knowingly false or made with reckless disregard for the truth,” one lawsuit said.
In March, Jones was named as one of several defendants in a lawsuit filed by a Virginia man who claimed he was defamed by false stories in which he was accused of helping stage unrest last summer in Charlottesville, Virginia, as part of an effort to undermine U.S. President Donald Trump.
Brennan Gilmore, 38, said in that lawsuit that Jones and InfoWars published stories that damaged his reputation and led to threats against him.
In a video Jones prepared in response to the lawsuit, he rejected the accusation that any of the InfoWars content about Gilmore was knowingly false, and predicted any jury would acquit him.

archive.fo/eUT0W
reuters.com/article/us-texas-lawsuit-alexjones/sandy-hook-parents-sue-conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones-for-defamation-idUSKBN1HO2FU

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/d5Q8a
kiwifarms.net/threads/johnny-neptune-elvismongo-plssnpploff-robot-musician-citizen-of-atlanta.29856/#post-2181994
archive.is/NZCRp
archive.is/kPVIu
archive.is/ThEzB
archive.is/tDyw3
archive.is/a6a6Q
archive.is/sMTAc
archive.is/KgVXQ
archive.is/HqPxj
8ch.net/n/res/611312.html
8ch.net/n/res/611703.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If it is true, why would you sue someone for it ?

Crisis actors have their own union now?

Test

Really gets the noggin' joggin'.

Why would you wait 6 years?

Why would (((holocaust survivors))) still collect handouts from the German government for 70 years running? Time has never gotten between kikes and their shekels. They would be collecting gibs from the destruction of the first temple if you let them. They won't stop going after your money until you force them to fuck off.

they've obviously got a whole industry, with lobbying
just disappointing this kind of stuff can't be cleared up, even if it helps actually sell guns it's still based on a lie

there's a lot that gets said but it all comes down to "sandy hook was fake" and you think alex jones of all people would know what its like to lose a child :^)

don't get invested, it's a scam, it will never go to court, it will only go to court if Jones just sits there and caves in like he's supposed to. They tried to sue Wolfgang Halbig, whether his persona is real or fake the moment it looked like the court case was going to be real the plantiifs ran like little bitches, because everyone KNOWS ITS FAKE.

How Do I know that you are real,user?

you can talk smack all you like, what happened with Wolfgang Halbig ?

no, they don't. otherwise you wouldn't have these dumb as fuck conspiracies like sandy hook was faked. while i agree jones is a persona there's a great deal of people who eat up anything he says otherwise he wouldn't be a multi millionaire

Some people likely died, but half the town blocked the school with cars. The parents were laughing and fake crying and smiling in interviews. Half the kids are tweens now. Fucking cults.

This is retarded. It's freedom of speech. People can hold what ever opinion they want. Certainly this cannot go on long?

in the country of brave & free maybe not, but in the land of hurt feels & subjective reality it will

Thank you for this user. Stating a simple but usually unspoken truth. Kek

I'm amazed he isn't being sued for hyping 'fitness' products, while he's a Fat Fucking Piece Of Shit.

He's a slob and a pig

Fuck him

Attached: PicsArt_04-25-10.50.53.png (800x426, 305.21K)

Wew lad! You're not exactly good looking yourself.

Attached: 7ae2ee86699c3378b9e813830c66aef1fc1ddf2a65906e97ff93be85ac2d7a2e.jpg (720x1126, 164.94K)

Whutt how get?

lol I don't blame you for being jealous…

after all, if you get butthurt when somebody correctly points out how fat Alex Jones is, that means you must be in even worse shape than him…

(btw, calling other men 'lad' sounds SO fucking effeminate & homosexual that I'm beginning to realize why you're so indignant when somebody says your 'idol' is a fat, lazy slob)

gay as shit, dude……

really, REALLY gay

lol I posted it the other day…

AGAIN: Alex Jones is a big, fat, obese, lazy slob

Attached: i get more pussy than you.jpg (1080x1344, 148.26K)

wew that was an over-reaction, I think someone has hurt feels

Stop it Johnny.
I'm getting hard.

there you go again, huh ?….

"feels"….

gross, dude… You know all of the predictable little trendy catchphrases, don't you?… Just like some little boy, desperately trying to 'fit in', parroting and mimicking all of the same cliche trendy bullshit terminology, fearful that he might not be accepted by the other little boys if he doesn't behave accordingly, right ?….

say 'tendies' for me, little guy…

say 'stacy' and 'chad' and 'normie' for me…

say 'lad' and 'mate' and 'namefag' and 'tripfag' for me, so you can prove how unique you are by behaving exactly like everybody else….

mention some idiotic cliche about the last two digits in my post number…

say 'normie' for me….

HINT: if a translucent inside out shimmering iridescent upside down superheterodyne nanotech quantum inverted nipple levitating unicorn logs into a site to be surrounded by 200 other translucent inside out shimmering iridescent upside down superheterodyne nanotech quantum inverted nipple levitating unicorns, inherently HE is now the 'normie'….

…. You guys are very intelligent, but the one thing that really bothers me about you is your incessant need to try and 'fit in'….

The second something becomes a trend, it's no longer cool, and it's time to jump off the bandwagon, before you become a parody of yourself…

That's the only thing that really bothers me about you guys… I would have expected much more individuality from such intelligent young men…

(that, and the fact that you in particular are a flaming homosexual)

Attached: PicsArt_06-06-10.30.08.png (1515x674, 254.79K)

It's sad to see old man neptune rambling on here everyday. Too bad his family doesn't care enough to get him some help.

Help in this case would be a bullet to the noggin.

Johnny Neptune? Fuckoff you piece of shit. Go back to prison.

SKEPTICISM :

the most important thing to exercise if you believe that things are not always as they seem.

For example, in November of 1997, my ex-wife and I happened to witness an actual Unidentified Aerial Vehicle up close and personal.

Because I have always been a believer in UFOs and extraterrestrials, it is always been important that I maintain my integrity regarding the subjects by not being too quick to jump to any conclusions, based simply on my beliefs or my need or desire to justify my beliefs.

When we saw the hovering craft, it was essential that I maintained a healthy skepticism as I carefully examined and studied the object, eliminating a checklist of Tell-Tale signatures that would indicate the craft we were seeing may have been of human manufacture…

It would have been very easy for me to throw all skepticism to the wind, and instantly declare it was an extraterrestrial craft, but then I would have lost my integrity regarding the subject that I believe in so strongly…

I had to carefully analyze the object which was hovering about 60 feet up, and slowly rotated as it passed overhead… I had to look for certain 'bells and whistles' that would have indicated it was not extraterrestrial before making my final conclusion.

There were no vents or ports, no panels or rivets, no windows or 'lights' as we know them. It was a solid object with no visible modules or sections, with a seamless outer skin, and instead of 'Lights' it had three points of 'glowing' electrostatically charged plasma equally distributed in a triangular configuration at the base of the circular craft. It seemed to be aware of our presence, and actually appeared to have 'approached us' by vanishing and reappearing in a different location coming closer to us each time. After slowly rotating and hovering as it passed overhead, the entire base of the object became illuminated with a faint 'pink glow', and as the pink illumination faded away, we noticed the actual craft itself also faded Into Thin Air…

We both stood silent, staring up into the place where the object had just vanished before our very eyes… It was only at this point that I concluded the object I had just seen was not of human origin.

Just because I had this experience, that didn't make me suddenly 'jump on the bandwagon' and start believing that every other person's UFO sighting was legitimate…

… Everybody realizes that the 9/11 attacks were a hoax, and if you are unaware of this fact, you simply haven't done your research…

I'm not saying the 9/11 attacks didn't happen… I'm saying that the world governments are NOT in the business of telling you the full story, and only a fool would believe what they have been told, no matter what it may be.

It would be easy to fall into the category of 'conspiratorial nutcase' unless you manage to exert an exacting amount of scrutiny and self-control regarding these topics.

To be continued

Attached: Screenshot_20180425-005318.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

continued…..

In the past, the Department of Defense and intelligence agencies used to try to 'cover up' their secrets (see Roswell crash Jesse Marcel etc)

As the world has become more maddening, and the Advent of Technology has made communication exponentially instantaneous and overabundant, the intelligence Community has changed gears…

These days, their technique is to fuel the fire, feeding disinformation and actually increasing the conspiracy theories.

That way, the average person simply gets tired of hearing about conspiratorial bullshit, and the entire concept becomes boring… they could actually stumbled across a 'true' conspiracy in a wood pile of bullshit conspiracy theories and they wouldn't even care anymore…

I'm quite certain they have a Think Tanked strategy to make people THINK that gun control is a good idea… In fact, you would have to be stupid to think otherwise…

But you would have to be even more stupid to believe that there is a conspiracy behind every 'shooter' scenario. You don't need to create some elaborate plan and scheme to make a mentally unstable person do a 'copycat' shooter act. Human beings are actually quite predictable… We see something on TV and a certain small percentage will be triggered to copycat what they saw, or even do something bigger…

Of course I believe that there is a conspiracy behind some of these situations, but not all…

… I'm familiar with the stories about Sandy Hook, what would the federal agents already in the woods surrounding the school before the shooting took place, and a few other strange idiosyncrasies…

But I wasn't there…

And neither were you…

And we don't know what really happened…

And without exercising healthy skepticism, we would end up looking foolish if we jumped on the conspiracy bandwagon too quickly…

I'm not saying I don't think it was a conspiracy, and I'm not saying I do think it was a conspiracy…

To be quite candid, I really couldn't care any less… I'm living my life, and I've got my own problems to worry about, and I accepted the fact that the human race is in a downward spiral many decades ago… I'm not worried about that bullshit…

I'm busy looking at the clouds and the beautiful trees and flowers and listen to birds singing around me… I enjoyed the sound of babbling water in a stream, and I love the feel of a cool breeze on a warm day…

I love the time I've spent with animals, and I try to avoid as many humans as possible. My time on this planet is finite, and I don't want to muddy up the water with Doom and Gloom bullshit that I cannot say with any certainty that I believe in or disbelieve in.

(However, my gut instincts tell me there are a lot of broken hearted families out there who lost their children on that day, and the beliefs of self entitled conspiracy theorists probably don't mean Jack Shit to those families)

And Alex Jones is an obese fat slob

That being said…………………………….

In civil Court there are only six jury members, not the twelve jurors required for criminal court proceedings…

And the burden of Proof is much much less in a civil courtroom….

That's why Alex Jones is going to be found liable for defamation (which is exactly what he is guilty of) and his insurance company is going to be levied financial remedy by a civil court judge…

He doesn't stand a chance in the courtroom… Not even the slimmest of chances… He's a douchebag, and he's about to get steamrolled…

The 'loss' part of the litigation is negligible, but the punitive (to punish) damages are astronomical, and I think it's fair to say the sky is the limit in this case…

I don't think these families actually want the money, whether it's pretty obvious they just want to send a message to Fat Boy Mr Jones… a PUNITIVE message that is inherently designed to make sure he doesn't do this to other people…

I'm quite confident the families will actually want the money to be set up in memorial charities, helping Society in the names of the murdered children…

(I'm sure you sheltered young men have never experienced love like that, but having had my brother murdered in a robbery, I can tell you first hand the devastating affects something like this has on the family)

The only problem is even after he is found liable for is irresponsibility and disregard, is insurance companies attorney's will of course go through the appeal process as always, and the case will continue to stretch out for anywhere from 7 to 12 years in the appeal Court…

Anybody familiar with the OJ Simpson civil proceedings regarding his liability for Ron Goldman's and Nicole Brown's deaths knows that O.J Simpson never paid a single penny of the $25 million.

So it's not really about money in this case… This is obviously the family's way of metaphorically punching fat boy Alex Jones so hard in his big fat swollen stomach, that it metaphorically knocks the pompous hot air out of his ass, and leavess him metaphorically laying on the sidewalk looking like the fat pig fool that he is…

Why on Earth would anyone think the shooting was staged?

Attached: Sandy Hook Father Mourns the Loss of a Daughter.webm (854x480, 3.77M)

But what did he actually say?

Q: Why on Earth would anyone think the shooting was staged?

A: an inability to be seen as somebody who has no real knowledge, a decided lack of scientific scrutiny and skepticism, reinforced by watching too many X-Files reruns, and probably a tiny penis which has instilled a lifelong self perception of inadequacy?

I'm confused, but I guess it's safe to assume you are suggesting that video clip somehow proves that the man is being insincere because he smiled for a second?……

It's only human behavior was controllable and fit your demanding prerequisites, the world would be a much better place, wouldn't it?

Unfortunately, human psychology is not under your control, and the behaviour of other humans is not under your control either…

Have you ever had someone in your family murdered?….

I HAVE….

And I can tell you first hand the mind bending range of emotions and reactions my family and I experienced after my brother was murdered in a robbery…

If this lame ass 40 second video is your version of 'proof', then you are an even bigger douchebag testicle mouth bag then I would have assumed….

In other words, you've got nothing…

You've got absolutely nothing…..

But you're the big 'conspiracy expert', right ?

lol

Ridiculous

NEPTUNE'S CHALLENGE:

you guys are intelligent as shit (you really are)

You're privileged and have access to technology that would have never been dreamed possible 20 years ago…

You're skilled with this technology, and motivated (apparently)

PROVIDE PROOF THAT IT DIDNT HAPPEN

I'm not talking about some second rate 'hand me down' Alex Jones innuendo

PROVE THAT IT DIDNT HAPPEN

Provide actual real tangible proof and then your argument will be worth listening to….

If you're unable to provide this proof, shut the fuck up

Lol Alex Jones is going to get STEAMROLLED

When I first saw this thread comma I really didn't care either way… But watching people get so butthurt comma desperately trying to defend Alex Jones and his 'right to free speech's, uploading ridiculous video clips (which demonstrates they have these video clips stored on their computers) and even becoming indignant when I correctly mentioned 'what a fat fucking slob Alex Jones is' has actually made me start to care a little bit…

If for no other reason then to watch you guys forced to endure the angst, I'm now tickled pink, because ALEX JONES DOESNT STAND A CHANCE !!!

You know it… I know it… We all know it… You just don't want to accept it….

ALEX (pigboy) JONES IS GOING TO GET STEAMROLLED !!!

classic !!!

*smiles at you*

They need to make it class action litigation, and have ALL the parents join in…

All their attorneys need to do is demonstrate that Fat Pig Head Jones engaged in a pattern of behavior that caused them undue psychological trauma…

Its a slam dunk !!!

if somebody murdered your parents, and I publicly taunted you, telling the world that you're a liar, and your parents never existed, and you are an actor, and you're full of shit ?……

THAT WOULD MAKE ME LIABLE FOR DEFAMATION AND HARASSMENT

No jury in the world would side with me

And Alex Porky Pig Jones is going to take a hit so hard, his tail is going to curl…

(If his insurance company's attorneys are worth a damn, they will strongly advised him to settle out of Court)

Before I go, one last little bit of information for you :

It's probably going to be JEWISH attorneys who crucify your fat pigfaced hero….

………… Let that sink in…………..

How does it feel?

lol

Attached: young alex jones.jpg (849x427, 53.58K)

Nobody died at Sandy Hook though

This is why you don't leave loose ends!

if you can't see this whole thing is a scam I don't know what to tell you. Jones constantly plays the victim, most of his broadcast is him whining about himself or his organisation, every day, for 4 hours a day. He barely even works anymore he just talks about how so and so says this about him and how he's right.

If you can't see the alleyoop here you're mentally retarded. This supposedly gives Alex the victim energy he needs, lets him *try* to reinforce that Sandy Hook was real in the process. There isn't a sane person in this world that would bet on this court case going anywhere. MY money is on Jones settling to further try to make this hoax seem real.

Jones is such a fraud that he pretty much drags everyone else down with him, the literal only thing that he has going for him anymore is that he knows he can just turn up the next day and lie again and he can still pretend that he's even doing anything and fooling anyone anymore.

Look it's basic logic, this guy brags about not being afraid and about how he will put it all on the line, then there's Sandy Hook which a money could poke real holes in and he cucks out like some absolute bitch.

How much of a fraud does this all have to be until you see it ? The guy is a US GOVERNMENT SUPPORTED CON MAN AND THIS COURT BULLSHIT ISN'T REAL.

r

e

d

d

i

t

Jones apologized and said Sandy Hook was real. So there you go. Even he doesn't actually believe his own bs, it's all for the money. and the rest of you fools fall for it.

even on the day of my grandmothers funeral there were moments when i was speaking to relatives and we were able to have a laugh and smile, in the funeral home. you (and others like you) are probably very young little shits who know nothing of real life and think the world is black and white. and also believe every cut and pasted low resolution photoshop ever posted.

sandy hook actually happened and people lost their very young children that day. you are an asshole of the highest degree for believing even for a second otherwise and spreading this bs on behalf of the assholes who are selling dvds and making money off of conspiracy entertainment.

Attached: Sandy Hoax.JPG (1213x762, 249.63K)

idiots, everywhere.

I'm sorry you can't handle the truth. Even when it's staring at you right in the face.

This photo of some teenaged girls PROVES da joos were behind 9/11.

Go back to reddit

can you point out where the truth is? what the hell is that image supposed to prove? that some girl looks like another girl because she has the same hair colour?

Are you suggesting that even redditors are too smart to fall for this shit?

fuck off faggot nobody cares about your boringass life and this isn't your blog

Attached: c8f142e636ef26a10ba7e3a9c3c94814b41b7b9bdc137de244c2f88987ab9ca0.jpg (1024x768, 134.51K)

anytime the conspiracy nuts are ready to post high res photos (meaning at least 2000 pixels tall, twice the size of the average 1080p screen, which has been available on even the cheapest smartphones for many years now) then they can start making convincing arguments that someone in a photo is the same as someone else.

protip: not gonna happen.

By lurking.

Bet you didn't post the following though, did you, Andrew?

archive.fo/d5Q8a

kiwifarms.net/threads/johnny-neptune-elvismongo-plssnpploff-robot-musician-citizen-of-atlanta.29856/#post-2181994

JohnnyNeptune BTFO!

/lolcow/ extraordinaire, Johnny Neptune Andrew Lawrence McGovern continues to muck up every thread he can on 8ch with his overblown ego and megalomania.
That he's homeless and bankrupt isn't what's so funny. It's his need to convince autists on a Swedish vegan soy-meatball-recipe website that he has superpowers and hobnobs with the rich and famous, that makes milking this lolcow so delicious. If you're so new that you are unaware of this namefag's shenanigans and why he is disliked here so much, let me post a few recent archived threads as a reminder:

archive.is/NZCRp

archive.is/kPVIu

archive.is/ThEzB

archive.is/tDyw3

archive.is/a6a6Q

archive.is/sMTAc

archive.is/KgVXQ

No biggie. Just another /lolcow/ namefag who has been warned repeatedly to stop namefagging on here and mucking up every thread, making it about him and his overblown ego. But now he has pissed off the userbase so much that, not only do his opinions and statements have zero meaning, but he is choosing to have this whole "game" upped to another level. It can go higher, Johnny boy!
Your move, Johnny boy.
I'll just leave this here for any user who would like to help Johnny boy get back on track and stop his incessant namefaggotry. Good luck, Andrew.
I have more 'data', but would prefer you curb your own behavior rather than have it curbed for you.
I'll just leave this here again:

archive.fo/d5Q8a

archive.is/HqPxj

8ch.net/n/res/611312.html

8ch.net/n/res/611703.html

Attached: ee399776882ba325e2e525ca41f637d1edb45b3cb3a2f3bfbdc3ae99ade978ee.png (450x600, 345.83K)

Do you even know how proof works, or who the burden of proof is incumbent upon?
Prove that it DID happen the way (((they))) said it happened.
Or just Fuck Off, Johnny boy!
preferably the latter.

Bumpin coz dis gon b gud!

Wow! Pointing out that somebody does nothing but talk about themselves and self-promotes all day! Remind you of anyone, Johnny boy?

Attached: 7e5d2d797bd51123a879ae3496d38c3e5e61819dfa2cf7f3af1709bce1724aa7.gif (700x700, 3.77M)

Quality logic

more like

Yes but that's your belief isn't it? The burden of proof lies on you.

lol you fucking moron !!!

HINT: NONE OF THOSE GIRLS EVEN VAGUELY RESEMBLES THE CHILDREN IN THE SMALLER PICTURES !

Not in the least…

You obviously know absolutely nothing about phenotypes or facial structure, do you?

Perhaps you should stick to playing video games, watching anime, and wondering my girls are interested in you…

Because you suck at a conspiracy theory bullshit, faggot

Attached: PicsArt_04-28-06.57.45.jpg (738x1036, 127.1K)

MOMMY WOW !!

Attached: PicsArt_04-28-06.59.42.jpg (1424x1999, 296.33K)

you fucking IDIOT

Attached: PicsArt_04-28-07.04.24.jpg (1424x1999, 330.44K)

AGAIN: Alex Jones doesn't stand a chance in the courtroom

His insurance company's attorneys are going to advise him to settle out of court. It'll make more sense to pay a smaller amount out of court, than to leave it up to the six jurors to decide what the punitive damages should be…

LOL ALEX JONES IS GOING TO BE CRUCIFIED !!

And I thought FOSTA was gonna be bad

oh shit !

jokes on me lol

I wonder what shills code name this shill assignment they would have to be calling it something like "the shit sandwich" because holy shit what a joke

Fucking what

Attached: giphy.gif (460x243, 1.16M)

still waiting on those high resolution photos… you know the kinds that hundreds of millions of phones in america can take going years back.