Bill Gates backs live satellite network that covers every inch of earth,anyone($$$) can but time

EarthNow is a new company looking to provide satellite imagery and live video in virtually real-time. Its unsettling pitch describes a network of satellites that can see any corner of the globe and provide live video with a latency of about a second. And a look at the startup’s top investors gives a lot of confidence that this thing is happening.

On Wednesday, EarthNow announced that it will emerge from the Intellectual Ventures ISF Incubator to become a full-scale commercial business. Its first round of investors is comprised of a small group of complimentary powerhouses: AirBus, the SoftBank Group, Bill Gates, and satellite-industry vet Greg Wyler.

The amount of the initial investment hasn’t been disclosed, but the announcement says the funding “focuses primarily on maturing the overall system design to deliver innovative and unique real-time Earth observation services.” That makes it sound like the company is in its very early stages, but don’t be so sure. Wyler’s OneWeb has already deployed highly advanced satellites with a blazing fast 130ms latency and its goal is to have a constellation of hundreds of satellites beaming broadband around the globe by 2020.

EarthNow will use an upgraded version of OneWeb’s technology with a lot of hardware power packed into a 500-pound unit. “Each satellite is equipped with an unprecedented amount of onboard processing power, including more CPU cores than all other commercial satellites combined,” the announcement says. The satellites will also do an onboard analysis of the live imagery using machine learning, but the company doesn’t go into detail about what it will analyze or why it would be necessary to dedicate that processing onboard.

CEO Russell Hannigan told The Wall Street Journal that EarthNow will not only have a head start with OneWeb’s technology, it will also be able to use that company’s assembly line and manufacturing process. Hannigan estimated the total cost of the final system will be around $1 billion. SoftBank alone has put $1.5 billion into OneWeb, so that figure should be easily achievable. The Japanese investment giant sunk $1.25 billion into Uber this year, so it’s definitely not afraid of losing massive amounts of cash.

Notably, Gates’ contribution to the project isn’t mentioned, but it should be obvious. He’s rich, of course, but he’s also well-connected and brings a lot of global goodwill. The company’s goal is to make money selling its service to government and enterprise clients—and that’s kind of terrifying. Sure, governments have their own individual satellite operations, but the scale of what EarthNow is promising is jaw-dropping. Who better to calm worries and work through regulatory hurdles than the world’s most prolific philanthropist? He wouldn’t do anything immoral with that tech, would he?

For the record, the company lists a lot of potential uses for its network, including:

Catching illegal fishing in the act, watching hurricanes and typhoons as they evolve, detecting forest fires the moment they start, watching volcanoes the instant they start to erupt, assisting the media in telling stories from around the world, tracking large whales as they migrate, helping “smart cities” become more efficient, providing on-demand data about crop health, and observing conflict zones around the world.

Google Earth is one of my most beloved time-wasters on the web, so I have to admit that despite the fact that this thing creeps me out, I want to be able to play around with it. Only the rich and powerful are likely to get their hands on the controls, but EarthNow does say that it plans to release “live Earth video mass market applications that can be accessed instantly from a smartphone or tablet” so that we can “all become virtual astronauts.” I suppose that’s better than nothing.

web.archive.org/web/20180420054642/https://gizmodo.com/bill-gates-backs-plan-to-surveil-the-entire-planet-from-1825391325

Attached: Capture.JPG (1142x396, 73.65K)

Remember when we wanted to see every inch of the night sky and deep in the space. Now we just want to monitor every inch of earth and everyone on it.

Who needs foreign reporters or news at all when you can watch recordings of the actual events as they actually happened and continue to watch them in real time?

I miss the 80's tbh. Even the cold war wasn't as fucked-up as this constant surveillance shit.

Pin point the trajectory of one of the satellites, and point a laser attached to an automated pivoting platform at the Satellite's optical sensors whenever it passes overhead and track it across the sky. A small company could probably build one of these devices for each satellite.

Is that supposed to mean something in the English language?

It is either a code, I don't know how to decipher it though. Or it is a robot that fucked up its post creation. TBH this sonds like they want to step up the project bluebeam sattilites timeline.

Yesterday I searched Live Satellite feed of Syrian War. The first result was of 2015. This is cool if everyone has it.

But how can a satellite be lauched without hitting the firmament above flat Earth?

Attached: 6aa7f6474597719d3c00fd10978d8dc034d6268f58f76c798811f1764947f410.jpg (327x137, 3.98K)

It will be used to spy on you. Once .gov gets a hold of the idea, you will pay for it too.

I don't understand how people can pretend this won't be 1984 level shit. The fucking computer they're posting on has been backdoored for years, but theyre somehow uncertain if the enormous network of cameras pointed right at them will be used against them.

I wonder how fast this would be shut down if people start using it to alert border patrols to illegal entry.

How will I be able to cheat on my spouse if I'm being watched all the time?

Hey let's make a society
GREAT IDEA
Lets make a money system, that way we can keep some order, stop some greed, give people incentive to work harder
GREAT IDEA
*SoCiEtY iS bUiLt*
Wow this is great we have a society *gets murdered*
LETS FUCKING KILL HALF OF THE POPULATION FUCK THIS SHIT
*half of the population is killed*
GREAT I JUST KILLED ALL THESE PEOPLE WHO HELPED ME, NOW I AM GOING TO CREATE A MONEY SYSTEM THAT I CONTROL, AND I AM GOING TO PRINT IT WHENEVER I WANT, AND SINCE I HAVE TRILLIONS OF THESE AND PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE WITH MURDERING PEOPLE OVER INANIMATE OBJECTS NEED MONEY LENT TO THEM TO EVEN SURVIVE, THEY WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO DETHRONE ME!

^ THAT IS THE TRUE HISTORY OF THE HUMAN RACE

I'm sure cosmic background radiation won't fuck up the 14 micrometer processors…

fify

kys

back to 4fun you go

this

Pretty profound, and worth quoting.
That's what happens when the path of greed shrouds that of curiosity.

It's Project Brightsky.
Only the crew of Odyssey 5 can stop it from happening, again!

Fuck off cancer.

If you want peace and quiet, build your house underground with a faraday cage around it.
Then walk around with a highly reflective umbrella.

All bullshit reasons. All that talk of observing environment is a smokescreen for the true goal of spying on people 24/7. "Catching illegal fishing" is the first tip-off. How is there any guarantee that this will be used ethically? Just trust us, goyim.

It's not that bad.

I want to spy on nigs and report them to the police.

What police state with no rights do you live in? If there's water and you are starving go catch fish you faggot.

make this idea for it go viral and they will lose funding overnight, such is meme magics

It's like they're trying to create Hell on Earth.

They'd probably still do it, just away from the public eye.

Most people assumed this was already a thing tbh.

They mean whaling and fishing boats in the ocean overfishing and raping the waters you dummy.

I was about to get angry, but then I realised anyone($$$) can but time

watch this thread board come to life I bump this thread and it gets buried again

you first shlomo

Attached: 1524622986001.jpg (525x469, 65.02K)

I wish there was a way to leave this rock and resettle in a galaxy far far away from here. =/

Me too, but I want to save it though even if I'm not capable of formulating a way to do it. So many smart people can figure out, through advanced mathematics, space travel and quantum level theory, but somehow we're incapable of using it to solve our world's problems. It's ironic, because the minds and resources are there.

at least he filed off the cheezburger network logo this time

Attached: d2a.png (502x446, 88.11K)

Same here tbh. Then every nutbar ideology and seperatist group could have their own planet, the centrists could rot here on Earth, and I could prospect asteroids, shitpost on the ansiblenet and grow zero-g weed.

Honestly, I believe the best approach is to make a vessel that is capable of withstanding asteroids that has a livable atmosphere on the inside of it and you have solved most problems of space flight. Like a walking caravan community, but with advanced technology instead of whatever it is we got going on now. If we can't create peace properly here on Earth, I just don't see us surviving in places that ARE inhospitable regardless of how much we throw at the idea of it. After all, if we allow the poisoning of a planet that IS hospitable enough to provide us with the luxuries we have, it's only a matter of time even for the smartest of minds. People get tired, feel stress, even when none is felt. Sooner or later a bad judgement is going to be made and the effects, over time, will lead to failure. We need to make our species whole, first, to understand how to do things so right that we are capable of creating flourishing colonies on inhospitable worlds when we're currently failing in one that is hospitable. This is ignoring the social aspect of it all that is at the root of it all as well. Humanities is just as important as science, but when people with their own agendas come into play instead of seeking truth and justice, the education becomes dumped down only to serve the interests of a few. Every smart slave, ever, rebelled. The cunning assumed a role. The rest forgot themselves.

ROFL, you think they are going to let us see false flag school shootings as they happen? Not likely bro.

back to 4cuck