A staggering number of American troops are fat and tired, report says

>The study, featuring roughly 18,000 randomly selected participants across each of the service branches, showed that almost 66 percent of service members are considered to be either overweight or obese, based on the military’s use of body mass index as a measuring standard.

archive.is/B4fOH
militarytimes.com/off-duty/military-culture/2018/10/03/a-staggering-number-of-troops-are-fat-and-tired-report-says/

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1200x738, 1.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bovine_spongiform_encephalopathy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_establishment_of_the_Roman_Republic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marian_reforms
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Bill
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This horseshit is why I left the military. There is nothing NOTHING that the military can do right. I enlisted in 2008 and the real downfall started around 2010. By 2014, I could barely recognize the military as the same organization that I joined. The US is doomed if our military is all that is defending us.

That's fine. Our military doesn't do fucking anything anyways, who gives a shit. We shouldn't have them, full stop. Our country was designed to be protected by the armed citizens as a militia, not to have a primarily brown and retarded gibs system protect our "interests" abroad and never do dick to protect us here that eats more tax dollars than the brown soldier's equally welfare addicted babymammas do which is saying something.

Fuck the military, they're a tool of the jews that doesn't do anything to help the USA AT BEST and actively harms it at worst. We should be able to defend ourselves our own damn selves

This. That and the standards seem to be getting more retarded with every passing day. Take this new PT test for example that they've turned into a bastards child of crossfit meets the retard olympics. I don't remember where I heard this from, but NCOs were saying for years how it made more sense to create a gauntlet based on how well a soldier should be able to perform in full battle rattle, but no one higher up seems to care I guess. I just trying to figure out now how best to spend the next few years of my contract. Considering warrant, or something tango related so at least i'll get something valuable out of this in the end.

t. Guardsman

Attached: UH-60L.jpg (1200x812, 293.78K)

For me, the final straw was the politically correct atmosphere that's taken over everything. I am sick and fucking tired of being undermanned and behind schedule because half of my troops are at "no means no and yes also means no" briefings.

A staggering number of Americans are fat and tired, common observations say.

that's what happens when your military turns into a daycare/sjw political experiment instead of being maintained as an elite fighting force. seems the only bastion of "elite fighting force" is SOCOM type shit….that is, for now

Got a job in manufacturing I thought had fallen through like two weeks later while on a cut for the military
Pretty sure her CO bitched her out that night judging by the look on his face
I don't understand. Are army standards really that fucking shitty, or do recruiters in shitty locations just lie about people's weight to get in and give them those weight vouchers that are supposed to be exclusively for reserves? I can't imagine I just had a really shitty recruiter.

Attached: 9a6.png (323x454, 231.91K)

Holy Jesus…

WHAT IS THAT?

Attached: WHAT_THE_FUCK_IS_THAT.png (451x439, 364.43K)

Have you got any experience with rotc groups? Ours can't even do 20 pushups cause muh wymen and XYZ some sort of minority need to be accommodated.

Powdered jelly doughnut.

I almost did Airforce ROTC when I was picking colleges. They basically let anyone in and would even bus you three hours to the nearest ROTC center so long as you were going to Uni. I remember when I first started at Uni long story but I'm a tradesman now, I was always talking with the ROTC kids since I parked in the "free" parking lot and took the shuttle up to the school. They were pretty fucking disgusting, but thankfully I'm in a relatively conservative city so even our AntifaNiggers are "peaceful" because they know the cops really want an excuse to beat them within an inch of their lives. I know most of them had picked their major around the idea of serving the shortest contract possible while still getting all the military benefits, so there weren't a lot of women's studies majors, but there were a ton of BA business majors. The ROTC brass were always bitching at that school because they couldn't get any science or engineering students to do ROTC since you basically had to take 5 years of schooling or do 18 credit hours/semester to get a degree (since the school was designed more around their masters/doctorate program and only taught at the bachelor level because the federal government told them they had to). Like I said though, my encounters with AirForce and Army ROTC were limited at best.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?

A powdered jelly doughnut. They're pretty fucking disgusting as far as fried pastries go, but then so are doughnuts in general.

They've dropped standards for women and fags. I mean my brother who went through boot circa 01 explicitly stated in the horrible shape hes in he wouldn't have made it through back then but would pass it easily now.

WHAT IS THAT PRIVATE PILE

I know this is just another HURR DURR AMERIFATS thread, but muscle tends to weigh more than fat making pretty much anyone who's modestly built show up as "overweight" on that stupid test.

Attached: 0de.gif (625x626, 104.13K)

We should just burn down/bomb all doughnut shops. Fast food joints too. Then force grocery stores to stop selling baked goods and garbage, aside from bread.
Either go eat at decent places, make your own food, or starve to death.
Also, bomb taco bell three times just to be sure.

We should tax 10 dollars per lb they're over weight

Fuck? I did college judo and that'd get you fucking failed in the physical tests.

I've never seen that stupid standard used anywhere. Every time I get a check up it's body fat percentage with the tweezers or the body conductivity thing.

That's easy to fix. Bomb any warehouses that start smelling tasty.

The burning/bombing is always fun, but it would be easier to just end subsidies on corn/beef/pork as it would severely reduce the number of producers and thus the price would inevitably go up for meat products/shitty food products realistically it would eventually go down but I don't feel like talking economics. Lean meats like Bison and Chicken would become the center of the American meat diet overnight and most junk food that relies on corn would also be put in the shitter/become an "occasional snack" food instead of a part of the burger diet.

That's because unless you're a hungry skeleton, no one uses that standard since they know you'll fail it anyways. The BF% method is more accurate, but in the military they use it as an excuse to ship people through by telling them to suck in their gut so they appear to have a better ratio (and if your commander doesn't like you, he orders you not to suck in your gut so they can get a measurement that will basically end your ability to advance in the military as enlistment by being a permanent stain on your record, even 10 years later).

Why not just ban everything except for water, approved lean meat, approved vegetables, and approved whole grain sprouted bread? Also, the food must be rationed. Also, all cooking must be done in an approved manner. No spices allowed. No oil allowed save for one tablespoon of olive oil per day,
Anyone who attempts to eat anything else, eat more, or do unapproved cooking gets executed.

Do you really want English tier food that bad? Also better solution:

Attached: b68188329448d770c248e8af5028c22c27bcb1965ba60910f730fa92c8baf675.mp4 (640x360, 11.61M)

I feel this is b8, am I too low IQ to see through this?

Nothing wrong with both starbing people for a bit and forcing them to exercise.

Enough starvation and execution would reduce that number and make it easier to manage. It's all about efficiency.

Stalin?

It's only a bad thing if you're being a commie about it. :^)

Thought of some more things regarding my food plan.
1. Give everyone ration tickets that can be turned in at their local grocery store/federal office. If you're on an unapproved list, no rations for you.
2. Intentionally have shortages. If you weren't there early, sucks. Sure some people might end up killing each other over rations, but that's illegal. Both parties get executed.
3. Hunting and trying to eat anything else than rations will be met with execution.
4. Cannibalism is double illegal and gets the whole neighborhood/city block firebombed.
Does this sound like a good plan so far?

So far as manufactured famine go it sounds pretty standard. Hoholholodomor

To ban the burger is to ban the very way of life for us. It would be like outlawing corn. America's economy is built on the burger, kids get a job making the burger, adults eat the burger, the burger has traveled the world and is still spreading. To outlaw the burger is to outlaw a very principle of life for Americans.

Ok.

Now here comes the fun part.
You install mandatory radios in everyones' homes. These radios are always on.
Next, you lace all the rations and water with LSD.
Finally, you blast out techno as loud as possible from these radios. Except played in reverse with alternating speeds.
Starvation + sleep deprivation + LSD = ?

Don't forget the part where all the niggers get stationed in Europe and Japan so they can spawn mongrels there.

Attached: 29f8726876bc4f49cf7d0036e127eefb4f2bae4731c407b4e3e3fa05e9f1a4e4.jpg (720x692, 44.36K)

The only reason that this is allowed in the US Military is to "justify" the existing budgets. They are allowing fat people to join/stay-in because they are desperate for bodies in this time of non-war. If they actually imposed normal PT restrictions, fatties would not make the cut and then the soldier #s would go down. If this happens, then there's no reason to justify such a large budget.

It's a way of securing yearly spending from congress in a time of non-war. It's dishonest and breeding a culture of fat worthless shitheads who will bring down the military when it comes time for war because these fatties will be Sergeants and shit.

Attached: 1495600816721.gif (286x258, 2.51M)

Of the five branches, The Army has the most retarded of tape and weight that flunks "overweight" wrestlers and cyclers (thighs too big, I fell into this camp). I had to get into a bath tub to prove my actual fat density.

This is what is what is likely happening.

Really you can sum up just about any military action in non-war-time (and most of them during war-time) as securing their budget and/or additional funds.

We already have Sheboons in positions of power, I doubt having some fat fuck is worse than listening to a nigger rant about how evil white people are.

Yeah I think I’d rather have a fat immobile squad lead, than a loud sheboon. At least the fatass has a better chance of being able to think. Plus if he gets shot there’s enough material in his BDUs to make a shelter out of.

The fatass can lose weight too, but the nigger will always be a nigger.

Being fat actually greatly increases your estrogen levels. If someone is obese, then you can assume mentally they have the mind of a woman.

The fattest guy I went to high school with was an ultra cuck. He was fat his whole life and despite growing neck beard hair really fast he couldnt grow a hair above his jawline. He was a huge white knight and basically gave out money and got cucked by the same girl more times than I can count. Also he sent dick pics to my buddy’s gf and apparently it was tiny. I guess estrogen explains all of that.

Buy self-made from a bakery and stay away from strawberry jam, apricot is the best by far.
You get them at every corner in central europe during carneval.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (600x514, 458.57K)

A JELLY DONUT!? HOW DID IT GET HERE?

Attached: Capture.PNG (770x493, 656.22K)

why make this thread? we already know that united stateians are fat fucks

Attached: 1537836874828-0.png (996x832, 164.59K)

Without distinguishing between combat units and the "support personnel" ie the affirmative action niggers/women/faggots/pussies this data has no context.

Possibily good news as it means that civil war will be all the easier for whites to win.

How did you put beef and pork, two of the healthiest foods available, next to fucking corn?

fattie in denial.
You sound like a woman.

He's right though BMI is retarded, "ideal"normal weight BMI for a man with a big frame of 180cm is 70kg when anyone that high with even the slightest muscle bulk is gonna go over 80kg easily, despite having nearly 0 fat tissue and is therefore overweight per BMI.

Meanwhile a short guy with a slender frame that is 170cm 70kg is a real fatass but won't register as overweight.

BMI is a useful tool to measure child growth and was always ONLY meant to be used that way to quickly determine under-nutrition of kids (in schools).
It's completely retarded to use it for adults.
What could be used is an compounded index made of both.

What should really be used is a simple universal monthly PT performance test averaged to a year with binary pass/fail exercises.
A pudgy old NCO with 20 year of muscles and physical work can still pull it's own weight when a ROTC soyboy won't.

Because us Americans don't eat them in healthy serving sizes.

This is the price of freedom.

Attached: 1428898055265.jpg (340x380, 57.68K)

Attached: Bateman Likes Huey Lewis.webm (480x270, 1M)

A jelly donut sir!

Burger be with you.

In other words, a significant portion of that 66% isn't actually fat, just "overweight" because BMI by itself is a shitty way to determine whether someone should lose weight or not.

This is a misleading article. BMI is just pounds and height, making no distinction between fat and muscle weight.

For example, some skinny manlet could join the army, get beefed up to 180 because he's a POG and isn't really doing anything, but be considered "overweight".

I'd be more worried about lowering standards to accompany niggers and women.

Attached: 20180415_023337.png (801x720, 357.85K)

Is the military full of manlets?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1128x752, 1.57M)

It accurately measures general cardiovascular load and predicts day of death from heart attack.
Though these things shouldn't concern military, they should be more concerned with solders physical performance.

The US military has been a joke for a while. The marines are the only none laughable fighting force and even they have fallen significantly

No they're still laughed at, they're just retards who don't need politicians pozzing them with "women in the military" nonsense to be one big joke.

Why is this an issue? you don't need to be physically fit to sit behind a keyboard for 14 hours a day drone striking children in the middle east.

life sucks

Attached: 1526848806430.gif (240x221, 1017.29K)

Just wanted to post this lol.

Pork is garbage and so is most beef you'll find in the store.

Only if you are an Amerifat or Cucknadian, in most countries beef is grass fed.

What do they feed beef with in north america?

Yes. They need a position of power to boost their ego.

Apparently.

Attached: do you feel powerful, like a big man.jpg (600x315, 40.97K)

Corn.

Don't forget meat.

They're feeding cows meat.

That's where mad cow disease comes from, it's something that happens due to cannibalism.

Your Reddit formatting, meaningless appeals to emotion, and the fact that you don't have any idea what the fuck you're talking about shows that you don't belong here. Mad cow disease isn't caused by eating beef, you absolute mong. Leave.

You'd be lucky if it was corn.
SOY is what is the main thing used to feed beef… and not just in America, everywhere industrial cattle is raised (which in this day and age is nearly all of it) it's soy that is used to feed them, that's the reason the US, and everyone else, grows so much soy.
And of course since it makes animals sick (duh), you inject them with enough corticoïds to eradicate all human diseases from the planet and growth hormones (mainly estrogen… in case the soy wasn't enough) to make sure they grow fat.

Industrial meat (so again, most of it) is a literal toxic sludge and responsible for probably all of the advanced society health problems, from obesity to autism.
All of it so big farma can make shekels and run people off their lands…

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bovine_spongiform_encephalopathy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)

There is no other fucking way for mad cow disease to spread among a herd except if healthy cows ingest or inject the brain tissue of infected animals.

So unless you're suggesting farmers are literally taking syringes, jamming needles in infected cows brains, and then sucking out cerebrospinal fluid to inject into healthy cows brains….. there's only one other explanation.

Dumb fucker.

Prions come from brain matter, you fucking idiot. Also, the fact that you've apparently never seen a space after an inline quote proves that you're new to imageboards. It's customary practice. Your autistic line spacing after every individual thought is the literal definition of Reddit spacing, however. Are you too spastic to be able to read a paragraph?

lmao dipshit

Attached: c96ff98b1aa339f3191cc529e9316754b29bea381e2e8d209aaf8b09af9eb0a2.jpg (1053x677, 101.72K)

This is the brize of freedom :DDDDDDD

Attached: burger.png (805x531, 18.62K)

Heh.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_establishment_of_the_Roman_Republic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marian_reforms
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Bill

Too many soldiers were already fat as shit when I was in 7 years ago, I can only imagine how bad it is now with all of the progressive coddling the military has been pumping them with.
Just means there's less of them fit enough to potentially kick in your door in the future tho, let it burn.

They haven't done that since the mad cow disease epidemic back in the 90s.

Prion is just a term for a misfolded protein and they can occur everywhere in your body just like cancer cells, its just that prions which occur in the brain are really bad since the brain doesn't replace its cells in the same manner as rest of your body. Prions are deadly because the misfolded protein isn't able to be handled by the body and it encourages other (properly folded) proteins to also fold into the incorrect shape, causing an accumulation of the misfolded protein in effected tissue (the brain in this case) which causes death of the cells.

Mad cow disease came about because someone came up with the idea of grinding up the remainder of the carcass of cattle after the meat had been stripped off and using it as a high protein feed. So cattle were literally eating the brain and spine matter of other cows which caused the build up of prions in muscle tissue which is then eaten by humans.

As said they feed cattle mostly corn in the US because its so heavily subsidized by the government that its almost free, they also typically keep cattle indoors their entire life. It's why most US beef and dairy tastes like shit, because the animal just stands in a pen eating corn and never sees sunlight.

Fuck is that what we're supposed to feed them? Our cows and all of our neighbors graze in the summer and feed hay in the winter. Even our feedlots are doing it wrong by using grains, damn thanks for you knowledge, cunt, who would have thought the vast majority of beef farms in my area was feeding the wrong feed, and our farm in particular for 120 years. WRONG. It's almost as if you think the entire continent is the Westminstern states. I would maybe think that you probably don't know what the fuck you're talking about but that can't be the case.

Attached: e1f59edc2d5dceb52466fac6cea3b82da1dea754a895c45d8f5e944b8550b9dc.png (228x216, 87.27K)

Are you okay?

Attached: 1537609010939.jpg (657x527, 36.67K)

Attached: IMG_5584.PNG (318x419, 262.97K)

forgot to mention that alta, and sask, account for over 60% of Canadian Cattle.

Get a brain, moron.

Prions aren't toxins, they're infectious. Even a single prion molecule will 100% kill you, it just takes longer than a gram of the stuff, which takes longer than a tablespoon of the stuff.
Why do you think we burn thousands of cows when we find five or six infected by prions? It's not an acceptable risk, even a single prion molecule making it past the cooking process somehow will kill a person.

Think of prions more like nanotech bioweapons than like poison.

I would wager its still a practice on some idiots farm, they're just more careful to destroy prions with heat.

Americans aren't the only ones using corn, and we aren't the only ones using hay. It depends on how much ground you have for growing feed and how good your hay storage is, if it doesn't last the winter even good farmers will use corn. Pigs and chickens are almost exclusively fed corn. The fact that factory farms use corn more often than hay is because hay is more expensive per calorie, and Canada has plenty of factory farms, that's why prices of farm allotments are so high.

Also WTF does it matter if they feed it the most natural food if the butcher pumps it up with salt phosphates to add weight and color?

lol fucking what?

Attached: 04152014_MilitaryMcDonalds.jpg (984x554, 78.22K)

Please tell me what is going on in my field in my area then, you urbanite faggot.

I said that most corn is fed in the American midwest, ie where most corn is grown. That's not all of America.
What are literal cylinders and boxes? Pic related. It's very complex but one needs a tarp underneath and over top and one is rounded and packed tight so water rolls off. I could explain all the science behind how water rolls off a round surface and how placing a tarp or shed around a square bale works but it's honestly very very complex.
Pigs and chickens aren't beef, cattle has trouble digesting corn, feeding cows just corn will make them sick.
Alberta has 70% of national feedlot capacity, Alberta has something like 0.05% corn production, Sask has slightly higher, It's much easier to move and buy hay and grain from nearby than to transport thousands of tonnes of corn for feed. Again I'm sure there are feedlots that use corn as an enhancer in feed, but corn is no where near the majority of feed here, I've seen exactly 3 corn fields this year only one was larger than 20 acres.

It's a meme strelok. I don't really care that we will start having American dairy because most people will still probably buy Canadian and Quebec dairy farmers are ones bitching about it.

Attached: high tech hay storage.jpg (640x480, 92.54K)

As a grunt from 08-12 then combat instructor (ITB side) from 13-17, you're completely correct. The warfighting ethos and mindset is completely gone, and it was murdered.

It blew my fucking mind to be honest. I know the military is naturally asinine, but to try to get rid of the people with actual combat experience? For what purpose? Not only that but the fact they were upfront about it, as fucking officers, means it's probably shifting into the norm. Not sure if anyone could verify it further or could help me decode how getting rid of experience to hopefully keep more of our own dying is supposed to be a good thing, beyond trying to make the military into a dog and pony show until a new conflict breaks out doesn't make sense to me.

Can't let the new guys get any ideas that dying for Israel is a bad thing.

Like stalin's purge…

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1200x882, 1.46M)

Generals like mattis need to be kicked out since they are the problem.

The only people who join anymore are knowing willing zogbots too dumb to qualify for anything else, proto antifa, muh free college dweebs, and retards who still actually believe the propaganda.

And the quality men who arent retarded but still love zoglords join LEOs and Federal Agencies.

Our cops could no shit obliterate our military in a gunfight..

But for the Navy, whats happened is longstanding running at the bone, 12/7 days and weeks sometimes at 14/7 days weeks. Because they got rid of spare people during the Reagan/Bush/Clinton era. But it got worse since then.

The US Navy is nearky at the breaking point before they get butthurt and reinstitute the draft.

A jelly filled doughnut.

Attached: jelly filled doughnuts.jpg (3072x2304, 2.21M)

I won't fully disagree, but when your option are go into massive debt and throw away 10 years of your life paying it back, or throwing away 4-5 years of your life to be debt-free and have an advantage when looking for jobs because you already have your security clearance through the military, being a willing zogbot can be beneficial. Just don't make a career out of it and try to get stationed as far away from the goatfuckers are possible.

Wasn't he expelled?