104 yr old Aussie scientist flies to Switzerland in May to be euthanised,he's ok,just too old

Australia’s oldest scientist, who caused a stir when his university tried to vacate his office aged 102, will fly to Switzerland in early May to end his life, reigniting a national euthanasia debate.

David Goodall, who is now 104, does not have a terminal illness but his quality of life has deteriorated and he has secured a fast-track appointment with an assisted dying agency in Basel, euthanasia advocates said.

“I greatly regret having reached that age,” the ecologist told broadcaster ABC on his birthday earlier this month. “I’m not happy. I want to die. It’s not sad particularly. What is sad is if one is prevented.

“My feeling is that an old person like myself should have full citizenship rights including the right of assisted suicide,” he added.

Assisted suicide is illegal in most countries around the world and was banned in Australia until the state of Victoria became the first to legalise the practice last year.

But that legislation, which takes effect from June 2019, only applies to terminally ill patients of sound mind and a life expectancy of less than six months.

Exit International, which is helping Goodall make the trip, said it was unjust that one of Australia’s “oldest and most prominent citizens should be forced to travel to the other side of the world to die with dignity”.

“A peaceful, dignified death is the entitlement of all who want it. And a person should not be forced to leave home to achieve it,” it said on its website Monday.

The group has launched a GoFundMe campaign to get plane tickets for Goodall and his helper upgraded to business class from economy and has so far raised more than A$17,000 ($13,000).

Goodall, an honorary research associate at Perth’s Edith Cowan University, made international headlines in 2016 when he was declared unfit to be on campus.

After an uproar and support from scientists globally, the decision was reversed.

He has produced dozens of research papers and until recently continued to review and edit for different ecology journals.

theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/apr/30/david-goodall-australia-oldest-scientist-to-end-own-life-in-switzerland

Attached: 3200.jpg (620x372, 50.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Farnsworth#Death
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitschke
duckduckgo.com/?q=millenials not saving up for pension&ia=news
apnews.com/amp/163b479bf625469b84189fb84ec339ad
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jesus…kudos.
At least give him something unusual,like a rim job from a ladyboy before he dies

murder is still murder even if the person wants to be murdered.

No lets instead imprison them in their rotting body and have complete strangers wipe is ass while he drools inanely as more organs fail but are propped up in a grotesque parody of existence.

t. millennial who has never watched an average elderly person die.

So you are anti abortion ? Just checking.

I am impressed that he managed to kerp working past 100 age.

this is going to increase the actual market of assisted euthanasia, similarly to how trans people are lied to by Thai and Filipino doctors about the glories of becoming a woman, similar people will spread propaganda about the joys of assisted suicide.

If I was going to commit suicide I wouldn't do it assisted, I would do it myself.

Attached: 1476119938291.jpg (236x243, 11.37K)

Beautifully put, user. I spent a fair amount of time visiting my decaying grandma in "assisted living facilities for the elderly" a year ago after she had her stroke. I can't imagine visiting one of these places without feeling a terrible sense of despair, but I guess the normalfags block it out or something.

Being trapped in a failing mind and useless body, surrounded by other smelly retards who constantly shit themselves, possibly for up to a decade. It sounds like a punishment we should deal out for terrible crimes, but in actuality it is what you have to look forward to at the end of your life.

Attached: Capture.PNG (549x381, 488.31K)

Out of the relatives I've seen die, dropping dead from a heart attack is a dignified way to go.

While I understand your concerns I think the epidemic of elderly vegetables we are currently cultivating is way worse.

smh

If there was free market they could give him all kind of roids, drugs and hormones to make his life awesome and also discover new stuff to keep people healthy when old.
Instead the best option is flying to Switzerland to get killed. Nice job, statism!

B A S E D

That is also an example of a free market, you a citizen of Australia now have a precent to killk yourself in switzerland without restrictions

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Farnsworth#Death

Attached: richardfarnsworth.jpg (2405x2730, 2.66M)

Maybe if you gave her some dick she wouldn't be so miserable

I'm guessing (((exit international))) was founded in israel.
Also, how is it that someone can work until the age of 100 and still not be able to afford a plane ticket.
He had better have paid his taxes!!!! No escaping that easily, the government should have wrung another 20 years out of him before he could retire.

Dr. Philip Nitzche, founder of exit international.
Shared surname with other ashkenazi juden, one of which runs a holocaust memorial fund.
Not confirmed but seems likely.

Attached: 815941e77e677fed1c0072fd8bec1e.jpeg (1023x576, 34.77K)

I guess he's waited a long time for death, at his age it could be any minute now, he might be another person who'll die while on a waiting list for medical treatment.

Rape is still rape even if the person wants to be fucked

As a nurse I remember hearing discussions as a student considering how we'll support or increasing aging population. The thought "what if we can't" never seemed to enter their minds.
You can make people live longer and longer and support more of them for a while, but it can't last. A major disease outbreak will eventually get them. Hell, they may just all start dropping dead spontaneously when we reach the limit of what we can medically achieve.
I remember watching my dad's father for months after having 2 strokes in 24 hours. He was a proud man that was great with a crowd and was doing his own gardening. After the strokes he was stuck in a chair for ages not knowing what day it was.
I've looked after dementia patients. If I ever have kids and I get to a point where I don't recognise them, I want to be shot.

Hello I'm a healthy intelligent person with good genes who has always had the financial support of society. Why won't you let me kill myself? It's society's fault! Whaaah!! I just don't want to live anymore because I can't think of anything to do for myself and if people can't work for the state anymore they should just be killed by the state.

I mean 104 years is too old to still be alive just like 35 is too young to be married and have kids. We need the state to guide people through life and help them make the right decisions. But I'm telling you my friends we are being oppressed instead! So what we need is more government! That will fix it! Think of the elderly who want to die, think of the transgenders who want an operation. They are entitled to the tax payer's money!

He could just take Bill Gates vaccine. Same result for less work.

Attached: pedophile suicide.jpg (1080x1187, 312.92K)

………………..so

I guess it's safe to assume that the 'journalists' at The Guardian aren't any better at constructing coherent statements than the Filipino prostitutes Jim hired to work as 'reporters' at The Guardian ?…..

Fuck Jim………………. Piece of shit……………

Attached: PicsArt_05-01-12.13.33.png (1080x1844, 963.08K)

Guy hasn't been able to get it up in probably forty ish years.
Consider that torture before passing judgement.

Learn English.

Actually, I'm very well-versed in the English language, which is exactly why I know that "…who caused a stir when his university tried to vacate his office aged 102" is NOT a coherent statement…

Let me guess… You're one of those English guys who 'thinks you Brits actually use proper English' ?…

Explain why you limp wrist homosexuals in the UK pronounce the word 'aluminum' with an extra syllable, changing it into 'ALUMINIUM'…

Explain why you idiots insist on inserting the letter U into 'behavior'…

And even more importantly, explain why all British TV shows end the same way, with two elderly white haired men in business suits chasing each other around a park bench, one holding an umbrella in the air, while the other wears a bra outside of his sportscoat….

Attached: PicsArt_05-01-11.45.11.jpg (842x1136, 164.26K)

Attached: 1.jpg (1080x1020, 235.04K)

>(((ecologist)))
evolutionism, not even once

Why doesn't he just use a gun like a civilized person?

Attached: PicsArt_05-01-03.15.53.jpg (2000x1335, 301.92K)

typical christcuck mentality

Straya banned guns.

Can I buy some of Jimbo's swine figurine erotica that I SEE ON HIS SHELF IN THE BACKground,when he offs himself,Ron?

C!Odemonkey
I intend to put it on Ebay

I don't think he wants to die I just think society wants him to, people aren't allowed to enjoy life once they get too old.

Attached: MAD.png (174x170, 17.89K)

What is statutory rape.

I visited some 5 among elder care and clinics for gravely ill. I got used to the idea, got used to the kids with no hair, to the female that loudly greets at the bar as if to say "I am still here". It seems pointless to concentrate on the fact that you are suffering or handicapped. Think about the rest, you have a day to live. Maybe wanting out is a right, personally I got the good things from life, I don't complain when the bad things come.

They are going to stop him from going there despite the fact that he isn't enjoying the life due to his fragility.

Founded in Australia.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitschke
Most of these are athletes, hardly the most Jewish profession.

(((name change)))

Dude is already dead; his heart just hadn't stopped beating.
His mind will decline soon to the point where he won't be able to end it. Instead he faces lingering in stasis until his body shuts down. Its a rather gruesome spectacle.
You know what they say to you have to be strong to live to an old age. This man wasn't strong enough. Kudos to him for being able to acknowledge it.

Hi I'm a Christian and if he can't help anyone, then he serves only to take. That isn't what Jesus would want.

A label useful to help get people to have a knee-jerk repulsion to an act of possibly unethical consensual sex by conflating it with an act of rape

What a massacre of the English language. Stay in school, Mohammad.

Lol sure…

Attached: PicsArt_05-01-08.45.13.jpg (1999x2248, 538.23K)

He could always go fight an Emu

What's his birth name?

Better to die on your own terms with some dignity instead of having your ass wiped for years while your mind and body deteriorate until you're little more than a vegetable that shits, eats pudding, and lives in a nonstop nightmare.

Respect to this man.

The sun glints through the dew on the leaf

i dont know im just saying that last names dont give anyone a pass because of (((name changing)))

The elderly, if allowed to die when they choose, will use LESS taxpayer money you dipshit.

This is a fucking non-issue and you all should know it. Anyone pick up a gun or take some poison. Or fucking just throw yourself off a building dude. Why does it need to be legal? The government can't punish you when you are dead, and insurance companies don't have to pay benefits for a suicide even if it is legal. We already have a system of triage in place that basically funnels old people into hospice which mean "fuck you old faggot go die" and we just don't waste any resources on the elderly. Im not worried about an elderly epidemic because we can just ignore all of the old dying bastards and focus on giving as much medical attention as possible to pregnant border jumping beans and their FUCKING ANCHOR BABIES.

I WANT LEGAL EUTHANASIA FOR ANCHOR BABIES! FUCK YOU!

Just like Logan’s run that’s what they want

White guilt level: godlike
>“I greatly regret having reached that age,” the (((ecologist))) told broadcaster ABC on his birthday

So you don't know anything about it at all, you just threw in "He's a JEW!!!!!" in an utterly unrelated thread because you like shitting up Zig Forums?

Crying wolf hurts the cause, it doesn't help it.

so he's a professor and he can't think of an easy pain free way to end himself? weak.

He's too old to understand he was supposed to fall down the stairs 20 years ago, he still has that fucking Trusty Cane by his side

Attached: blackaf.jpg (2080x1080, 66.12K)

Speak for yourself dipshit. This guy is from a generation that actually saved up money instead of relying on daddy government's handouts.
duckduckgo.com/?q=millenials not saving up for pension&ia=news

You have no experience with the elderly. Imagine every body horror story, image, or movie you've ever seen. That's what life is like at 100. The headline "he's ok,just too old" is wrong. When you reach that old, you aren't okay. Your body just doesn't work anymore, and is deteriorating around you as you watch. No one should be forced to suffer that if they are able to decide they want out.

Australian, 104, dies in assisted suicide in Switzerland Today

LIESTAL, Switzerland (AP) — A 104-year-old Australian biologist who drew international attention to his right-to-die case ended his life in Switzerland on Thursday, an advocacy group said.

Exit International, the group that helped David Goodall carry out his wish, said the scientist was declared dead at 12:30 p.m. in Liestal, a town outside the city of Basel, where he had traveled to take advantage of Switzerland's assisted-suicide laws.

"My life has been rather poor for the last year or so. And I'm very happy to end it," Goodall said Thursday in the room where he died shortly after.

He cited a lack of mobility, doctor's restrictions and an Australian law prohibiting him from taking his own life among his complaints, but he was not ill.

Assisted suicide is legal in Switzerland, where the procedure is available for anyone who acknowledges in writing that they are taking their lives willingly — without being forced

''At my age, and even at rather less than my age, one wants to be free to choose the death and when the death is the appropriate time," he said.

"He answered those questions with great clarity, activated the process" while Beethoven's Ninth Symphony played in the background, he added.

His last words before losing consciousness were "this is taking an awfully long time," Nitschke said, but "he died shortly thereafter."

Exit International said Goodall had requested that his body be donated to medicine, or his ashes sprinkled locally.

"He wishes to have no funeral, no remembrance service or ceremony," the group said in a statement. "David has no belief in the afterlife."

apnews.com/amp/163b479bf625469b84189fb84ec339ad

Rest in harmonious lassitude

Attached: 800.jpeg (800x600, 81.58K)

this>>617116
bye science guy

yes except you have to have a phone, a roastie and a mortgage anf love diversity too.