Catholic or Lutheran fam? They're completely opposed to each other but I'm finding some sort of calling for Catholicism

Catholic or Lutheran fam? They're completely opposed to each other but I'm finding some sort of calling for Catholicism.

Even after extra-biblical dogma and divine calling from the Holy Spirit through the Pope.

It's all about how you shuffle around the exegesis tbh.

Attached: 1418134797833.jpg (500x424, 131.99K)

Catholic. Come home to Rome.

Question: Are the Orthodox mostly ethnic and localized to diasporas and some Southern and Eastern European countries?

From my experience of visiting them, pretty much yes. Along with all their theological anarchy, inability to hold and ratify a council, etc. Even in small towns like the one I live in, the EOC is just Greeks that somehow ended up out in the middle of nowhere.

It's nice and all but the inability to assimilate with them will definitely be a problem.

This is not my experience in the slightest, but that aside, even if what you say is true, we hold the true faith and you do not.

What theological anarchy? What inability to hold and ratify a council? Let your lies expose you.

How do you both have the true faith?

Weren't you interested in only Lutheranism and Catholicism?
The Orthodox will of course say that both are false religions.

Orthodoxy as well, even more than Catholicism, but you catch my drift

Catholicism just seems attractive to me, after years of soul-searching, I seem to be giving in. There's no Orthodox Churches in my area.

I don't think you can take any blame if there are simply no Orthodox Churches around you. At least Catholics have valid apostolic succession and valid sacraments, per the Slavic tradition anyway (the Greek tradition is that they don't).

Which country?
Orthodox Lutheran (sounds like an oxymoron since it is dying out sadly, at least in Europe) is better then Catholicism in my opinion.

I’ve visited many Orthodox churches all over America, I’ve never found the “muh ethnic club” argument to be true. It is true that there will be more Greeks/Russians/Arabs in any given Orthodox church than your average church but they’re not ethnic clubs. It’s like saying Catholic churches are Irish/Italian ethnic clubs.
To be fair, I haven’t been outside the US. I have heard it’s different in the UK but I have no experience hands on
I should also note I’m not Orthodox, but I have seriously considered conversion to it which is why I’ve visited them when I can. The common complaints I’ve heard just aren’t true

Mexico, there's one WELS Lutheran Church, ironically. There's also one Orthodox Church but it's extremely far away to the point that's it might be inconvenient.

However faith knows no mileage.

That's good to know

Yeah, the LCMS and WELS are the only branches of it left that are worth it and they're dying in America.

I go to a Ukrainian Orthodox church that's full of nothing but Romanians and Armenians. Not a single Ukrainian as far as I can tell.

Catholic if you want actual sacraments.

Catholic. Do you want the Church founded by Christ or a church founded by Luther?

Non denom here, borderline thinking of converting, to orthodoxy, but can i get a quick rundown of what you'd expect in an orthodox church vs, a protestant non denom church.

Attached: Wojack lonely.jpg (648x655, 63.44K)

Don't try to convert until you've gone to the Liturgy at least a few times. In other words… Go check by yourself.

I've never entered a non-denom church, sorry, but what you can expect from a Divine Liturgy is:

Don't try to have communion.
At the end everybody goes for a blessing, you may go.

Ah well in comparison to the church im currently been attending since i was it kids it's always been

But, was gona ask Don't try and have communion? Why, is that?

Oh, then if you want to know, schedule is usually:

Don't go for communion, because only Orthodox Christians in good standing can have communion.

How come Lutheran refer to the early church fathers a lot and then conclude that they did not think the Eucharist was the body of christ?

Attached: c2724c337b8a480e5740e55ad0bfcbc0b955f42f3649f47b02996ad61aa7b200.png (720x546, 358.42K)

Lutherans have this, really stupid and theologically idiotic, idea that Bread is substantially both Christ and Bread i.e. when Christ took bread he basically said "This is bread and my Body"

Orthodox

No, they aren't. I sometimes attend a Greek parish and there's some Indians and Russians and an odd Arab but he might just be a Greek, I dunno.

Also, this.

Which was the case until the 1960s. Ethnicities generally lived in their own neighbourhoods in America, so depending on what church you attended it, it would be a certain ethnic group of Catholics.

Lol.