Post verses from the Bible that will really make me think

Post verses from the Bible that will really make me think

Attached: Thinking_Face_Emoji.png (640x640, 111.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/aquinasstudybible/home/luke-commentary/cornelius-a-lapide-on-luke/chapter-1/chapter-2/chapter-3/chapter-4/chapter-5/chapter-6/chapter-7/chapter-8/chapter-9/chapter-10/chapter-11/chapter-12/chapter-13/chapter-14/chapter-15/chapter-16
biblehub.com/interlinear/romans/12-19.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Matthew 13

Attached: luke-4-4.jpg (1024x768, 187.07K)

Revelation 2:9

Luke 22:19

Therefore, the Lord said: Because this people draw near with their mouths and honor Me with their lips, but have removed their hearts far from Me, and their fear toward Me is tradition by the precept of me. (Isaiah 29:13)

Ecclesiastes 1:9

lol
I was just about to post a verse from Ecclesiastes.
That whole book is life altering.

That and Hosea are pretty good reads, to me at least. When I first read them I kept the chapters bookmarked and always came back to them.

I've read the Bible through but that was years ago, I can't recall anything of Hosea.
I should read the Bible more often. I'll read that book soon.

Deuteronomy 18:15
Acts 3:22
w-what did they mean?

Attached: oyvey.png (178x232, 26.25K)

Nothing, goy. Just remember the six gorillion and that we are the chosen ones. Now, shoo, shoo, go to your Zion- I mean Christian church and absorb everything the preacher says.

Attached: Schlomo Schwartz.jpg (412x410, 77.64K)

?

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth

Attached: Lactantius.jpg (350x261, 46.61K)

I hope it’s not Zig Forums trying to say Christians are servants of the Jews…

I was trying to say jews deny Christ even though there are many references to him including Moses.

Romans 12:19
Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”
2 Thessalonians 1:6
Since indeed God considers it just to repay with affliction those who afflict you

Attached: babe.jpg (649x638, 57.35K)

Bump

1 Corinthians 15

Moses was not the son of god lol a prophet like him means nothing

This could explain that feeling of emptiness I get from time to time.

Attached: 1439323532162.jpg (300x300, 27.2K)

This also confuses me. If anyone can help explain, that'd be great.

Attached: dscf0031-custom.jpg (500x375, 30.52K)

The Romans verse is mistranslated and jewed. God actually says don’t try to get revenge in public, I will bring about an appropriate time for you. So basically don’t be an asshole but don’t simply forget they wronged you either.

Thanks, user.

Attached: repent.jpg (347x299, 27.67K)

The Parable of the Unjust Steward.

The last two lines make sense but I can't even begin to understand what "make friends for yourselves by unrighteous mammon" and the master commending the unjust steward are supposed to mean. I even read St. Theophylact's commentary on it and I still have no idea.

The entire Book of Job.

Mammon means dealing with money. I guess the parable is teaching you to cut people slack on business deals and to forgive debts and not lose sight of the big picture when it comes to money. If the Steward had demanded every cent owed, his master would have gone broke. By only asking for partial repayment of those loans that couldn't be repaid otherwise, the steward managed to claw in enough money to save his master from going bust. So he pleased his master as well as the debtors. The steward managed to be shrewd and just in financial matters. The moral seems to be be honest and good with money so that people will trust you in spiritual matters and perhaps come to faith through you.

Judges 1:19

19Now the LORD was with Judah, and they took possession of the hill country; but they could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley because they had iron chariots

Never heard it put that way. Thanks for this.

This verse really made me think

The blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit. (Matthew 15:14b)

Attached: spiritual-blindness.jpg (402x600, 26.19K)

Your country lies desolate; your cities are burned with fire; in your very presence foreigners devour your land; it is desolate, as overthrown by foreigners. Isaiah 1:7

The Romans quote is an injunction against personal vendettas and feuds. Where possible, we should try to overcome with kindness and patience rather than violence. The Thessalonians one is addressed to a church facing oppression at the hands of non-believers. We are by no means required to enable those who would try to interfere with our performance of the duties laid out in the Gospel, and we should counter their attempts to do so.

1 Corinthians 15:33
Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.”

Yes, the meaning of that parable is one of the more cryptic ones IMO. A lot of the church fathers said that the main point was encouraging almsgiving. The idea being that by giving alms and other material aid to the less fortunate, we might be assisted by their prayers. And even if they don't pray for us themselves, God sees what we have done and rewards us accordingly.

Ezekiel 16 sounds like it is literally about the EU

Cornelius a Lapide is a good Jesuit commentator, but a lot of his commentary has never been translated from Latin unfortuately. Here's his commentary on Luke 16. He gives basically the same explanation I did, citing primarily St. Augustine from the fathers.

sites.google.com/site/aquinasstudybible/home/luke-commentary/cornelius-a-lapide-on-luke/chapter-1/chapter-2/chapter-3/chapter-4/chapter-5/chapter-6/chapter-7/chapter-8/chapter-9/chapter-10/chapter-11/chapter-12/chapter-13/chapter-14/chapter-15/chapter-16

I don't think this is entirely correct. The steward was shrewd, but not just, which is why the parable is referred to as the "unjust" servant. The steward was in his predicament due to his own negligence, and while his solution might have been shrewd and the master recognized it, the master also could have justly been angry at the steward for defrauding him.

Woah, i know a lot of what's written in the bible is for people of different time periods, but still rings eerily true, today it seems.

Attached: Gets my thinking big.png (680x680, 57.07K)

No, that's false. The verse never says "in public."

biblehub.com/interlinear/romans/12-19.htm

It also does not say that God will give us opportunity to exact revenge. It says that God will exact vengeance for us. The point is not that we should do away with punishments or never fight back when that is just, but that we should let petty things go rather than trying to get back at people who have wronged us. God is in control and if any vengeance is necessary, he will exact it either in this world or the world to come.

>implying God wanted Europe to be controled by (((ECB banksters)))

It's reffering to God's relationship with the state of Israel, and what a cheating harlot she is.

It's also about squandering God's gifts on other nations and how they become jealous and try to destroy you.

Attached: Why_not_both.jpg (400x400, 86.14K)

It literally is both. That's why I said "also."

(Revelation 7:14) “My lord, you are the one that knows.” And he said to me: “These are the ones that come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

(Revelation 21:1) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more.

(Revelation 21:4) And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

(Isaiah 65:21) And they will certainly build houses and have occupancy; and they will certainly plant vineyards and eat [their] fruitage.

(Isaiah 65:22) They will not build and someone else have occupancy; they will not plant and someone else do the eating…. and the work of their own hands my chosen ones will use to the full.

(Isaiah 33:24) And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

(Psalm 46:9) He is making wars to cease to the extremity of the earth.

(John 5:28, 29) Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.

(Proverbs 2:22) As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it.

(Isaiah 35:1) The wilderness and the waterless region will exult, and the desert plain will be joyful and blossom as the saffron.

(Psalm 37:11) But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

(Isaiah 35:5, 6) At that time the eyes of the blind ones will be opened, and the very ears of the deaf ones will be unstopped. 6At that time the lame one will climb up just as a stag does, and the tongue of the speechless one will cry out in gladness.

(Proverbs 26:12) Have you seen a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for the stupid one than for him.

(Isaiah 5:21) Woe to those wise in their own eyes and discreet even in front of their own faces!

(Proverbs 12:15) The way of the foolish one is right in his own eyes,…

(Galatians 6:3) For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he is deceiving his own mind.

(Proverbs 3:7) Do not become wise in your own eyes.

1 Maccabees 12:20 (Old Testament)
King Arius of Sparta to Onias the High Priest, greetings.
We have found a document about the Spartans and the Jews indicating that we are related and that both of our nations are descended from Abraham.

Christian Identity-Fags:1
Khazar kikes: six gorillion 0's

You actually believe this?

Attached: f03b29b4b.png (460x605, 128.07K)

Abraham had many, many children. The Spartan ones are not from Isaac line contrary to CIfags tho.

It's the more probable that it's KJV which is wrong. And it it's truns out, that it's the case since kapéleuó means "to trade by" "to adulterate" "to retail" as evident from use of it in Isaiah 1:22

Man, I love the book of Isaiah. Gives me comfort.

only when on Zig Forums.

that being said, it wouldn't surprise me if some Spartans married with Israelites. (((they))) still have a problem with keeping their legs shut even to this day.

Yet Isaiah 1:22 was written in Hebrew. You may be referring to a corrupt text.

Attached: 207726.p.jpg (403x403, 28.59K)

I am referring to LXX. Bible that apostles used. 'Virgin shall conceive" and all that stuff.

The good old handling snakes, curing the sick and drinking lethal poison one.

These are more like verses that will make you not think and desperately at that.

Ha, you pooh the winner wish they did

This things I write unto you my brethren, by inspiration of the holy ghost that weite our King James Bible that we and even Christ Jesus himself used. - James 16:11

BTFO

Attached: Bart Simpson - What an odd thing to say.webm (640x360, 64.92K)

You think that I don't know that the apostate from true Baptist faith Origen wrote Septuagint and time traveled to second century before Christ to confuse apostles?

"I am who I am" is to say "I am Subsistent Act of Existing Itself"

In short: Secret societies, pizzagate

Attached: 9d0b8828450509fad8921017fec251e1d8533c302aba8655524b7012b389c382.jpg (1920x1080, 203.29K)