I'm reading the bible for the first time. I'm going through Matthew...

I'm reading the bible for the first time. I'm going through Matthew. The fulfilled prophecies of Jesus have been real "oh shit, this is for real" type moments. But then I thought, the guys who wrote the New Testament could have just picked some prophecies to fulfill (like Isiah 53), then say Jesus did them.

Is there an answer to this? Sorry if it seems pants on head retarded.

Attached: 1520548506817.gif (339x279, 693.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

junipertreeandbeyond.com/byrons-written-blog/dream-people-expect-me-the-lord-to-serve-the-truth-on-a-silver-platter
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_messianic_prophecies
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theological_differences_between_the_Catholic_Church_and_the_Eastern_Orthodox_Church
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is it possible that the Gospel writers pulled a PT Barnum? Of course it's possible. But your faith is essential. Read the Gospel with the Holy Spirit and let it be your guide.

"And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him." Hebrews 11:6

How do I do that?

Ask and ye shall receive.

Still the body and the soul, both of them get in the way of the Spirit. Bring in and control all of your thoughts and then engage with the text, and research the historicity and reliability of the Gospels.

This whole "Holy Spirit as your guide" thing is protestant theology that isn't in the bible. Don't worry over it, worry instead about finding a Priest if you wish to interpret the bible.
>Acts 8: And the Spirit said to Philip, “Go up and join this chariot.” So Philip ran to him, and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?” And he said, “How can I, unless some one guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. Now the passage of the scripture which he was reading was this…

As for OP:
I don't have any answer for that. I do trust Jesus Christ in other places, which leads me to believe that this is real too.
I could argue that no Jew said anything about those miracles being a lie, but I barely know anything so some historian would probably trip me on that.

Attached: ca9069f70419dfeb736a1a2cb2d7a647f5fd3ed55fbab90bd3c9a5de84503716.png (1548x1468, 131.03K)

It's a baseless excuse to not believe the gospel

Did your priest tell you that?

Go ahead.

Judges 3:10-14
Matthew 12:31-33
Luke 24:45-49
John 3:6-8
Shall I go on?

No because you're replying to a problem t hat isn't there.
Actual post is "Holy spirit directly guiding literally everyone that opens the bible isn't a idea that is in the bible".

Iirc it was 12 separate men going to 12 separate locations to evangelize all with the same message and suffering martyrdom and death over it.
Try to get twelve men to say the same thing let alone die for something unless its the truth.

Um, 39 died for Heavens Gate. Is that true now? Your argument sucks.

Attached: 4BEDE4BD-D2DC-48DF-B91B-6D912F543A09.png (800x448 511.65 KB, 51.45K)

Nobody said that at all. You have to ask. It's not automatic.

Wrong.

I assure you that's not the important part of the post.

I knew it was photoshopped.

Attached: D0EAFD8C-94A9-43DB-924B-6BBB1161B36B.jpeg (900x425, 105.13K)

Apples and oranges. Cult members willingly killing themselves is different than Christians being tortured and murdered for their beliefs. That said, I kind of agree with you.

goyim, what am I to do with thee?

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

It's kinda like this guy says:
Those who have no faith will say this.
Point is, prophesy is not evangelistic, it isn't "teh proofs", given to make believers out of non-believers: it is given to encourage the believers, to assure us all that in spite of everything, God is in charge, He knows what ails us, and He has had a plan all along, even five or six centuries ahead of time.

Jehovahs Witnesses in the HOOOOUUUUUSE!!

That's exactly what JWs say: "Oh, you couldn't possibly understand the Bible on your own. You need specific guidance from our super-special experts. It's unbiblical heresy, tbqh, fam

Truly I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they speak. But he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal condemnation. (Mark 3:28-29)

Dream - "People Expect Me (The Lord) To Serve the Truth On a Silver Platter!"
junipertreeandbeyond.com/byrons-written-blog/dream-people-expect-me-the-lord-to-serve-the-truth-on-a-silver-platter

Attached: 4838026_orig.png (228x226, 44.51K)

To answer your question, OP, there are numerous historians from the same time period as Christ who confirm that he existed and that he was a 'doer of wonderful works' (Pliny The Lesser and Josephus to name two).

It is amazing how there are 30000 people who asked and got contradictory theories

>Mormons, JWs and Catholics all justify their heresies by appeal to human authority

I recommend you learn what heresy is

St Benedict and Lectio Divina would like to have a word with you

THAT guy has one of the most penetrating testimonies I have watched

SOOOOOO many layers of this.
Well done, brother.

Sorry so many people just shit up the thread. The main point is that Jesus doesn't just fulfill one or two of the prophecies. He gets tons of them (arguably all of them).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_messianic_prophecies
It occurs to me that I may have misunderstood you. You are talking about the fact that the disciple could have just made stuff up. That's a good question. My general answer (though I don't think it's worked very well) is why would they? Now I know that they might have wanted to add veracity to Jesus being the messiah, but most of the disciples wanted a conquering messiah, not a humble sacrificed one. This especially applies to isaiah 53, which you mentioned. That passage is generally called "the suffering servant" so it would make no sense for a jew of that time to use that passage to advocate a messiah unless the whole "pierced for our transgressions" thing actually happened.

No, that's no scriptura. No where does the Bible say any of that stuff besides the "faith without works and love your enemy means commit suicide"

Also catholics support stuff like fags and abortion more than protestants

Attached: D042C062-AD4F-4C02-BD13-874BD04C2EE8.png (1914x596, 70.58K)

Also, Orthodoxy is the one true church just to clarify.

Attached: CBC754AA-DB66-4C14-9AA0-636B4258B36B.jpeg (296x642 43.96 KB, 160.46K)

Catholics and orthodox are pretty much the exact same thing

And just like that, you've completely discredited anything and everything you have to say.

How aren't they? They pretty much just wear different hats and have a slightly different system

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theological_differences_between_the_Catholic_Church_and_the_Eastern_Orthodox_Church

So pretty much all the same but orthdox don't worship the pope and they worship paintings instead of statues

for you have one Father, and he is in
heaven
Daily reminder that papists can't even follow the most basic of instructions.

I'd also say that Muslims and Jews and Jehovahs Witnesses are pretty much the exact same thing; damned.

Yes, user, there just happened to be a guy that fulfilled a huge amount of prophecies in a statistically impossible way, so other guys wrote several gospels, to fabricate a lie and achieve their true goal: to suffer horrible deaths.