Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead...

because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Romans 10:9
Why do we try so hard to complicate this?

Attached: 1509919360283.jpg (404x350, 11.6K)

Care to explain your grievances in a bit more details? Do you think Churches are useless and faith in Him alone is enough?

Because men are prideful and want something to do with their own salvation.

Can someone explain to me the complexities of this issue?

What I've seen is the Protestants and the Catholics play endless word games about this. Both see faith as a gift of grace from God, and faith as saving, and that evidence of the faith is in works (for various reasons)? Isn't that what all of it is?

OP, it seems like you're arguing for OSAS which is wrong since Jesus repeatedly talked about people falling out of faith such as in the parable of the sower and the seed and the parable of the man who built his house on a rock vs. on sand. Faith without works is dead, you and I both know this, but the argument is over the "works." The flipside to that verse is found in Isaiah 29:13, where we need the right heart. Repeatedly, God says in the Bible (in the OT) that He prefers obedience over sacrifice, He prefers your Love over anything else. I hope this makes sense, yes we are saved through Faith by His Grace, but many baby Christians have a hard-time understanding this (I did too for years) and they still allow sin to dictate their lives either through willful ignorance (i.e. OSAS) or through religious rituals, instead of being led by the Holy Spirit.

Lastly, God provided us with The Bible and not just Romans 10:9, it behooves you read the entire thing cover-to-cover instead of obsessing over a single verse that some pastor or priest misinterprets for you. The blind leading the blind, they both fall into the __.

You're missing the context, OP. St Paul did not write this verse to stand alone. In truth, he was talking about hebrews who were zealous and yet ignorant. The verse refers specifically to those who are ignorant but zealous.

Don't believe me? Demons confess with their mouths that Jesus is Lord. They believe in their hearts that God has raised Him from death. Are demons saved by this?

Attached: Screenshot_۲۰۱۸۰۳۲۳-۰۰۲۱۱۲.png (1080x1022, 196.68K)

Good context. Almost got beguiled by this nonsense

So therefore, any one of you who does not renounce all that he has cannot be my disciple.
Luke 1:33

Except as seen here that is not the context, Paul is simply and explicitly defining "the word of faith which we preach". It is the gospel message itself, it is the answer to the question "what must I do to be saved", to add to it is to add to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Demons believe that it happened but they don't believe in it. They do not rely on Christ (as they do not desire to be saved) and so no, they are not saved by this, but they do not possess this.

Demons do not have hearts.

Why is it so hard for you to post the KJV?

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved

They don't trust in Christ to save them, which is the doctrine of sola fide. If sola fide meant that merely casually believing Jesus is God who died, was buried, and resurrected is enough to save you, then people who believe in sola fide would believe that Catholics and Mormons are saved. People who believe in sola fide don't think Catholics or Mormons are saved, because sola fide refers to putting your trust in grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone. Sola fide isn't like a magic spell or word where if you say "I believe" or casually accept certain aspects of the life of Christ and your soul is suddenly whisked to Heaven whether you want it to or not

It's not Once Saved Never Backslide, OSAS doesn't say people won't get backsliden later but they're always saved

The context was were not under the law. How does that chacge the verse?

disciple and saved isn't the same thing

There is no salvation outise the Independent Fundamental Landmark King James Only Baptist Church

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Matthew 16:18

Attached: 665a9afa9c2c718047fa155229631577082ca147b5f5d0e32ebe0a6046425e45.png (451x619, 387.33K)

(((some people))) want as few souls as possible to be saved. This doesn't just include (((them))) but alot of other groups professing themselves to be God's chosen.

The church Christ spoke of is the invisible body of all believers.

this

Where does it say that's the catholic church?

Attached: E6BD9C5F-84FB-4DDB-8A02-C52D99E5BB4F.jpeg (420x614, 99.76K)

Because some people want it to be about a magic man who is always right because of his funny hat