Why are christians so vocal against gay marriage, controlled parenthood, sex outside marriage, etc...

Why are christians so vocal against gay marriage, controlled parenthood, sex outside marriage, etc? I'm a catholic myself and I fully oppose gay marriage among catholics, but the secular society doesn't believe in God in the first place. I mean, Jesus said we shouldn't cast the pearls before the swine, which are the stubborn and impenitent fellow christians. Therefore, pushing for christian values in a secular society is even dumber than casting pearls before the swine. I think we shouldn't waste our energy to teach those who don't even want to listen, just move on to something more important.

Attached: low iq.jpg (400x400, 17.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

papalencyclicals.net/pius11/p11prima.htm
soundcloud.com/florian-geyer-9/mysterium-fasces-episode-18-the-sodomite-question
youtu.be/1JslU6hbeXc
8ch.net/christian/res/632554.html#q632554
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What would the something more important be, OP?

Because they are sins and an affront to the Lord
Why should we allow society to fall into the satanic lies of secularism and fall into the depths of sin and depravity, are we to sit idle and allow it?

People with a solid Christian foundation are easier to convert, even/especially when they don't recognize their moral foundation as Christian.
But gay marriage is a red herring and political masturbation. the real debate is whether homosexuality should be allowed.

Like, teaching those who actually want to listen and stuff? And praying, doing charity, doing church service, there are like a million more important things to do.

Well, God is just. Whatever stupidity they do will be repaid in the afterlife. They have no moral standards to begin with, and they reject all sense of having standards, so it's not really your business. It's their personal business with God. Read Romans 1 and 2.
We should constantly evangelize and show people the way. If they shut their ears, what more can you do.

Pagans will allow anything they want and there's nothing you can do to convince them.

People are more disgusted by the sins of others than how they are personally an affront to God.

Agreed. Agreed. But if that's your attitude, then you have to look at the people who haven't embraced Christ or Christian living as what they are; lost sheep.
Why not do everything in your power to keep those lost sheep, made in the image of God, from defiling themselves further? Why allow them to pile on more filth? In the medical world, we're quick to strap down patients who may be a harm to themselves, old folks with dementia who may wander off otherwise etc.
A good Christian wants to convert the lady who had that abortion, of course, but trying to prevent the abortion from taking place in the first place is a good and noble deed. And then that new Christian girl won't have a dead baby on her conscious for the rest of her life. Bonus.

Stop using filler words user.

Because these are the issues we're facing here in Europe and America.
The Church gets attacked mostly on these points, while society is trying moralize them.

What should we do?
Not say a thing and just help the poor of which there are almost none here?
Or maybe we should get more vocal about wars we are not in nor fighting?
Maybe about thievery and murders, things society is unanimously against together with us…except for abortion of course, but hey then we'd be "so vocal" again.

Sodomy isn't a normal sin. It's one of the sins that cry out to Heaven. Cry out for what? For the destruction and replacement of the society that embraces it.

OP, in the Bible, whenever Israel turned against God, God punished the entire nation, including the righteous. Look at the prophet Jeremiah, how God said that even he wouldn't marry, and Jeremiah saw his own nation plundered and destroyed. In the Book of Hosea, God mentions that Admah and Zeboiim were two cities that were destroyed alongside Sodom and Gomorrah. When judgment falls upon the nation, everybody will feel the effects of God's punishment and His Wrath. As Christians, we have a duty to preach righteousness. This fellow Christanon is correct , many Christians do not self-reflect and judge themselves, they are okay goofing around playing ball neglecting their brothers and sisters that are suffering in the streets, in the hospitals. These self-absorbed Christians are okay with sinning, getting angry, lashing out at others, but they never take the time to judge themselves. This is part of the reason why our nation has sunken to this level. Judgment starts in the House of God. I predict in the next couple years, Christian persecution in the United States and other Western nations will ramp up: first with censorship and isolation, and then outright persecution. Are you willing to do what it takes to follow Jesus Christ, even unto the end?

Attached: repent.jpg (490x518, 104.02K)

Those are the issues in the forefront because they're the issues society has chosen to fight right now. If we lay down they will steam roll over us and just move on to something else more extreme.

The reason many Christians are so against gay marriage is because they are not personally gay. If they were as vocally opposed to other sins like pride and greed, they would have to look at themselves and change their ways.

because there's a force in our culture trying to normalize and make people proud of these sins, most other sins are illegal and shamed properly.
For example gluttony is mostly shamed even if there are some fat-acceptance wackos coming out of the closet, the majority view still finds gluttony and obesity disgusting and shameful and harmful. If it was ever normalized to the majority we would have to crusade against the FAT QUESTION

Attached: yhst-30479181885695_2035_31992429.gif (340x400, 60.45K)

Because they want to defile themselves regardless of what you do to stop them. Wanting itself is the sin.

But physical damage is different from sin. Sins can be absolved when the person is repentant, but physical damage is something you must live with for the rest of your life, and it even kills you.

Abortion is taking the life of another person, I don't oppose the push of it's prohibition because it's the state's responsibility to protect it's citizens' lives.

Europe is where we should evangelize the most. In fact, the rich are sicker than the poor. Europe is in desperate need to discover the inherent purpose of life.

Sodomy and adultery are about equal. I think the reason why the bible didn't address much about homosexuality is because it's just another variation of adultery. The bigger sin is misleading other people into sinning. That's why the Church puts a lot of effort into preventing people from being misled, that's the pivotal issue.

I don't think illegalizing gay marriage will stop a nation from turning against God. That's not the root of the problem, far from it. We live in the age of stupidity and ignorance. If the society understood what the meaning of love is, they wouldn't be so fixated on legalizing gay marriage or regarding our faith as hateful. No, far from it, our society doesn't understand the logic behind our morality and raison d'etre. I would push for these and other christian values to be taught in schools, but for prohibition of gay marriage and such, I wouldn't be so preoccupied about them.

Well, aren't they trampling us already?

Then we should teach them that all sins correlate with materialism, selfishness, and ignorance. It's easy to draw the correlations, because these are the roots of all sins.

Adultery is a bad sin, and certainly worthy of criminal prosecution and perhaps the death penalty, but it's a sin common to mankind. It isn't a sin that cries out to Heaven. Those sins are murder, sodomy, defrauding wage-earners, and brutalizing slaves, foreigners, widows, and orphans. Societies that embrace these specific sins are asking for the visitation of God's wrath in the here and now, not merely natural earthy recompense or judgement in the hereafter.

Don’t see the point of gays or atheist getting married it’s a religious ceremony

Attached: 849B385B-232F-4B80-B02D-3451D8BB7DE8.gif (480x270, 3.35M)

Materialism, selfishness and ignorance and lust can all be summed up by the word FAGGOT. It's the faggot mentality that is the root of sin.

If that was the case then Jesus and the disciples would be political activists against Roman degeneracy instead of religious preachers. But the fact is they didn't put much thoughts into the degeneracy of the heathens. They mostly criticized the hypocritical deeds of the Pharisees and became spiritual leaders for the mass.

Nah, marriage is a state contract in the US. Very few states recognize "common law" marriage. The others require a state issued license or they don't recognize your marriage - which means no joint tax return and no spouse's rights, among other things.

This is a dangerous attitude, user. God doesn't designate things as sins for giggles. He rather lists as sins things which ultimately harm people. Why focus so much on domestic violence, rape, or theft, so much so that we have crafted laws mandating lengthy prison terms for such acts? I mean, we're not stopping these people from wanting to beat their wives, steal, or rape, so what's the point?

Just because degenerate Western society doesn't recognize the harm caused by adultery doesn't mean said harm doesn't exist, and the truth about this is the people who suffer the most in this life from the sin of adultery are the children of the adulterers.

I suggest reading Quas Primas by pope Pius XI
papalencyclicals.net/pius11/p11prima.htm

This.
In regards to your question OP, judgment day is coming and the world will perish regardless of what we do. Even so, it's our duty to get as many people saved as possible before that happens. Us preaching to the world about what is good and bad in God's eyes will allow others of similar or malleable opinions and ethics to join the faith.

protip, you and I don't save anyone.

I think we should purge them, as well as apathic, pathetic half-men like you.

But still user, if people don't sin out of fear of rules instead of fear of God, I don't see the point.

quick rundown?

Nobody shoujd have joint taxes and spouses shouldnt have rights.

Can you really not understand why would anyone defend his lifestyle and impose it onto others?
I pity you.

If most "Christians" were serious about making political change, they would be for banning NO FAULT DIVORCE before gays or anything else. You can't have a moral society if most of the women are single mother cunts that only marry for cash and prizes.

Nothing else is more important than an intact family, and children raised by the godly head of the household: the husband.

Attached: 1519167769916.png (1154x1571, 116.7K)

Maybe marriage should be left in the religious world. As these secular liberals only degrade and blaspheme traditional marriage.

Attached: trad family.jpg (260x194, 10.25K)

Kind of off topic, but relating to homosexuals.

Why did ALL the men of Sodom gather together to want to rape the angel dudes for?
Has there ever been a time in history (outside the bible) where homosexuals gathered in masse to forcefully rape someone?

So, if you die, you're perfectly fine with the State taking your stuff and leaving your grieving widow out in the cold? That's odd.

jail

Hollywood!

Like violent overthrow of the government? :^)
When Caesar takes over, he is likely to implement Christian morality into law.

Leviticus 20:13
13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Attached: 1346186283173.jpg (236x285, 23.11K)

The first part is moral law, the sentence is ceremonial law. It's still an abomination, but it's not required they be executed.

We did it once, we can do it again.

Attached: thor tree.jpg (250x250, 15.95K)

(checked)

Reminder to lurking LARPagans and Pagan sympathizers:

Saint Boniface Did Nothing Wrong

Attached: 220px-Saint_Boniface_by_Cornelis_Bloemaert.jpg (600x425 234.61 KB, 673.15K)

There's like 1 actual pagan on 8ch, everyone else is a troll or a glow in the dark. They use the same script every time.

So one user populates all of >>>/asatru/ ? Thats one dedicated samefag lol

Attached: vargs bedtime story.jpg (1000x600, 164.89K)

So I have a genuine question that's been bugging me really since I first learned about that verse, and I'd like a genuine answer that doesn't devolve into Zig Forums-esque nonsense about vague concepts that don't really have much meaning like "because it'll bring moral degeneracy into our society". From the standpoint of someone who's still pretty new to the faith, and someone who's been interested in history, philosophy, ethics, etc, that's not a very satisfying answer at the best of times, never mind the fact that no one ever elaborates further on that point, it's just more rhetoric. So here's my question. Why is homosexuality considered an abomination by God? I feel like that's important to know because if we understand God's reasoning, not only do we come closer to a better understanding of God, but we are also better equipped to answer criticism about this and subjects like it.

Thank you user, I needed that tonight

Attached: PopeFrancis.jpg (753x960 89.43 KB, 83.08K)

Attached: c137184c7df17be01571860619abdffc654270f020dad663d017ddd94eeab789.png (1506x3976, 443.4K)

Romans 1:18-32

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

There's loads of verses in the bible preaching against adultery and fornication always leading back to only the marriage bed is undefiled. Sex is the life giving act the purpose of which is for man and woman to come together and create a family. The very first commandment in the Bible is "Be fruitful and multiply". Homosexuality and all forms of fornication are human beings acting like animals indulging in the lusts of the flesh. It must always be remembered what Jesus said about the sabbath and how man does not exist for the law but the law exists for man, and monogamy, letting every man cleave to his wife creates a better civilization and more happiness for all. After all families have always been the building blocks of civilization. Today proves it, fornication is rampant, homosexuality the knife edge of that depravity, the life giving act directed into something that does not give life, everyone is defiling themselves and as a result our civilization is decaying and people are miserable despite prosperity. They're even trying to normalize child rape now. Just as Sodom and Gomorrah this giving in to lust is turning us into monsters. Most can't see it because they're deceived by worldliness and Satan is the god of this world.

soundcloud.com/florian-geyer-9/mysterium-fasces-episode-18-the-sodomite-question

This is a good podcast as to why Sodomy is a grave sin.

This podcast as a TL;DR

An Orthodox Nationalist discusses why sodomy is a sin with his guests. Covering topics such as: the (((Milo))) "scandal", Ancient Greeks and pedastry, the spiritual consequences of sodomy, the biological consequences of sodomy, and more.

Highly recommended for all denoms NSF Episcopalians and other Prots like them
#NotAllProts

Attached: artworks-000187337164-p18mrc-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 43.64K)

my Mom is a very devout catholic but she has been brainwashed by the culture on faggotry. She says shit like why would God make it a sin if so many people are born gay.

That logic just does not follow for any other moral law. Some people like stealing I guess stealing is not wrong anymore. People like killing I guess murder is ok too

Attached: 0Ghq8ts.png (675x314, 537.99K)

These people are really obnoxious; I couldn't listen to it for more than about 20 seconds.

Well first she needs to understand that nobody is born wanting to commit sin. Sodomites are not born. They are made.

(checked)

You arent wrong, they can be over the top sometimes, but they do make good points when it comes to the sodomite question.

SuperSatan here has a point

But what makes them Sodomites?

this

They chose to live a life of sin and "homosexuality". Going agianst God's will for them. They reject their biological reality and duty and instead seek pleasure while degrading their body.

You know…this explains why a lot of children who were molested go on to become pedophiles themselves.
Their early traumatic experience possibly makes them think "how can God allow something so awful to happen to me" or "what kind of God would let me go through that"

It also explains why a lot of prisoners end up becoming homosexuals too. Being thrown into prison likely makes them angry and bitter about their situation and possibly think about everything wrong that led them up to this point.

Attached: Sodom_and_Gomorrah.jpg (1200x767, 230.1K)

I'm atheist but I still believe in these moral guidelines. I think society is just saner when it follows them. It is not just the people are sinning. They are just making society worst for everyone. This whole free love lifestyle is a really bad way to live your life. Just creates trouble for you and everyone who get involved with.

People from Christian backgrounds see the stable and sane communities that grew up in and then they contrast them with the decadent degenerate crap that is modern society and they see just how harmful it all is.

Repent

Attached: 7b2eb8b8a31bb41b377ecb0e3472b6242f4e205dd0e1ffbcdbc27180776a80ad.jpeg (800x790, 128.16K)

Why are AIs?

That's one evil euphemism. You know that you're talking about chopping people into pieces right?

This entire thread is Far Cry 5.

Non Christian here
Faggots rape kids like me and get away with it
THATS WHY

You should try not being such a low hanging fruit. Also you are in the same boat as them. Repent while you can or spend eternity in hell with your rapists.

Degeneracy must be rid of lest it fester and spread. Those who desire to learn will usually find knowledge, and teaching should never take absolute priority over cleansing filth and abhorrent ideology.
Don't act as if tolerance toward faggotry and adultery doesn't give the wicked a place to breed. They don't care about holy union- they just feel a sexual, deviant high whenever they defile something sacred. Ignoring your detractors is to your own demise.

those words don't lie

By embracing immorality

It is one of the elements of morality that has been under massive attack in the last couple of decades, it is not Christians being vocal, it is defense against a highly vocal and media saturating attack.

Catholic teaching is that Faith, while personal, is not a private matter. The Faith was given to us to live out in public society, not to hide in our homes. To admonish sinners is a spiritual work of mercy.

People are naturally inclined to be repulsed by egregious sins such as homosexuality. Always let your conscience be your guide.

Playing OP's advocate, I'd say that not all are "lost sheep". Some are sheep, but some others are goats.

Atheists despise God and his Church. They love making a mockery of his sacraments. It's a satanic social engineering operation.

(you have no power here, Satan)

The idea of a religious domain vs a secular/government domain is a completely false dichotomy born out of "Enlightenment" ideas and Christian genocide.

A lot of "cultural Catholics" are actually cultural secularists who pose as Catholics because of their parents or grandparents. See: Easter mass that just happened. So many people there were obviously not there to worship and pray to God. Not at all. These people have chosen the world and man over God.

I'm not Christian for the very specific reason that I think Christianity is too progressive, too ""accepting"", and too easily corrupted.
Also I'm not about to worship Ialdabaoth. No matter what clothing of pretense it wears, slavery is slavery.

I was atheist and gay and still I opposed gay “rights”

Yeah this.
Though I don't think he meant Pagans as neo-Pagans, I think he meant it as a general term for non-Christians.
It dawned on me recently as too why Christianity has become so corrupt so fast. It's emphasis on individual redemption forces its adherents to constantly be on the back foot against degeneracy- even while fighting homosexuality, they must be more concerned with saving the sinner than rooting out the sin!

Modern Christians should read more Paul if they want to take their religion seriously. He had some choice fucking words for people unwilling to purge the heretic.

Because they follow a desert religion and a jewish god, how can they NOT be retarded?

youtu.be/1JslU6hbeXc

Theoretically, there's nothing wrong with your idea. But in practice, the ones who tell Christians to shut up about gays are actually in the early stages of shilling for Christians to support homosexuality. If we don't make our stance on sins clear, we'll attract unrepentent note I said unrepentant sinners, as we're obviously all sinners but that's okay as long as you try to change sinners who demand that we accept their sins.

I don't believe in your shit but look if you started using arguments other than "muh God" for fag shit maybe people would take you seriously
The laws of Christianity were created from what has worked in previous civilizations and learning from failures
Tbh I'd like to believe that God in particular one against Kikes and other Non Whites as in the sort of Deus Vult culture but it's LARPing and ignoring reality

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

You are no different from your rapists.

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

You are no different from the sodomites.

Half of all gays are not sodomites who commit sodomy. They are lesbians who do not engage in sodomy.
How does the Bible even deal with those?

Want to know why Christians are so opposed to sodomites? Check out this thread. 8ch.net/christian/res/632554.html#q632554

Long story short, some traps formed a Discord cult that lures and blackmails impressionable boys into becoming sodomites.

This secular society, when it gets Sodom&Gomorrah'd, will wonder what went wrong. They won't even realize it was God's doing.

Attached: lgbt.jpeg (475x395, 67.7K)

They are reprobate and will burn in the lake of fire for all eternity. I'm sure there are lesbians who have also committed sodomy, but for the most part sodomite men get special treatment with the fast-track to hell.

If they didn't engage in sodomy, they wouldn't be lesbians.

Attached: 05199f82e7e3fe283006231edc7b72d6398611-wm.jpg (640x920, 120.93K)

Oh Christanon you are so pure.
I don't think you know what sodomy even is.