Prove to me that there is something inherent within Christianity that makes it transcendental and true as compared to...

Prove to me that there is something inherent within Christianity that makes it transcendental and true as compared to other belief systems.

Prove to me that the idea of Yahweh and the Christian God is not the amalgamation of Jewish myths and Greek philosophy

Prove to me that Christianity and Judaism didn't stem from some Canaanites worshiping of El

Attached: bogdanoff.jpg (644x632, 135.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=Rzo-cJgeKT4
hooktube.com/watch?v=Rues1gVr338
web.archive.org/web/20071014225303/http://covenantseminary.edu/worldwide/en/CC310/CC310_T_21.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No.

Attached: c1a54a95c0c150e098104d0d611e99320b3e5a2e80b9651ea355697db7c6b840.png (1292x8757, 4.57M)

Not OP, but why is the fact that Jesus' image is still on the shroud a miracle and how does it prove Jesus was divine or risen again?

This just proves a historical Jesus probably existed

Okay, can you please show me evidence that what I initially said was incorrect?

Are you shitting me

Attached: serveimage(3).png (673x501, 54.94K)

No. As OP said, the only thing I can see that proving is that the Historical Jesus existed.

It's the history of the world starting with the creation of humans in Sumer and documenting their spread as well as many warnings about the monster of Babylon which is the mother of all evil religions and cultures.
It documents events that happened in and around both Sumer and Greco-Rome. Of course other groups will record the same events.
Canaanites and their gods and beliefs are generally hated in the Bibles.

How many layers of euphoria are you on? Asking for a friend

There is nothing unique about Christianity that makes it different than any other religious belief.

user, I'm sorry to tell you that you may be of a reprobate mind. Seek help.

Again … No.

You need to read the Bible and go to church and receive the Spirit. Then we'll talk. I don't debate children.

except the part that it's correct.

Jesus rose from the dead, no one else did.

Aside from all the recorded miracles he preformed, Christ, after being killed in front of a massive crowd, was observed to have resurrected days after his death in front of hundreds of witnesses.
Almost all the people who saw him do this were so committed to this fact that they were unwilling to renounce their testimony under intense torture and were killed. Not a single one of them denied what they saw.

The uniqueness of it's God and it's theology, as well as the satanic and demonic patterns of warning it displays in the other religions.

Christianity was not originally pagan but it gained a pagan influenced from Rome when they changed the lunar to a solar calendar, however this doesn't make it originally pagan. hooktube.com/watch?v=Rzo-cJgeKT4
What we know as Judaism now, is a result of the effect Jesus had with the Jews. The Jews were looking for the christian anti-christ, while Christ came and went against it. hooktube.com/watch?v=Rues1gVr338

>web.archive.org/web/20071014225303/http://covenantseminary.edu/worldwide/en/CC310/CC310_T_21.html

Also the Canaanites were described as clearly pagan in the bible.

I know Steven Anderson is usually seen as meme or a joke, and not without reason, but he really knocked it out of the park on this subject.

Here's a simple one I find most compelling:
I exist,
therefore I was created,
Therefore there is a creator who is logically perfect,
I am not in union with the creator,
My ancestor must have cut himself off from the creator by rebelling against him,
A sin against an infinite being creates an infinite chasm that can't be reconciled by a finite being,
An infinite chasm can only be broached by an infinite reconciliation,
Only God can provide that infinite reconciliation by sacrificing himself,
God can only sacrifice himself if he takes on the human nature,
This requires a multipersonal God who can interact with his creation.

Catholicism is the only logical explanation of theism

OP here, that's pretty long. I'm free tonight, I'll watch the whole video when I'm done working

Well, the sacrificial victim in Christianity is innocent. Usually the sacrificial victim in a myth is guilty.

But that's just not true lol Literally.

Vid related, and books related in pic. Idk where you get this idea.

Attached: christian book tutorial guide.png (3000x2900 3.35 MB, 1.38M)

Well then:
1) Christianity had a clear beginning and a few hundred years later it had converted the most powerful Empire in the world without even taking up arms. And this despite being persecuted for their believes several times.
2) Christianity is not legalistic and it is not about achieving some enlightened state. It recognizes that we all fall short of the glory of God and are in need of divine grace. We cannot reach paradise on our own, we need Christ or we are lost. In its most extreme form you can formulate this in the Protestant understanding of "No works-based salvation, saved by Grace alone", but even if you don't go as far, Christians recognize that man alone cannot do it on his own.

This.
Jesus paid it all,
all to Him I owe.
Sin had left it's crimson stain;
He washed it white as snow.

Only Christians know Christianity, the vast majority of the time others miss interpret it.
That's amazingly wrong, another example to what is already posted in this thread is the global flood.

Attached: The Epic of Gilgamesh Flood and the Bible.webm (480x360, 14.26M)

Why do you cast doubt on the faith that requires a phrase to be uttered and the belief that the phrase works and that's that?

It must be a legitimate faith if you can rattle that off as your last breath because might as well do it.

It's real

>Prove to me that there is…
>Prove to me that the idea of…
>Prove to me that Christianity and Judaism…
Consider trying to do research yourself instead of trying to start arguments and flame wars on a Christian board.

This video is hilarious. I love when he gets to Hinduism. I do wonder if atheists who use this argument would find this video convincing though, or just too silly