I feel like I'm being drawn towards christianity but it's for all the wrong reasons

I feel like I'm being drawn towards christianity but it's for all the wrong reasons.

I was raised LCMS but drifted away from it in my teens and have called myself atheist/agnostic for a while. I'm feeling more and more drawn towards Catholicism or Orthodoxy but I feel like it's just because I'm seriously bothered by my inevitable mortality and I just want there to be something more.

Attached: 74_big.jpg (700x469, 65.58K)

For many are called, but few are chosen. (Matthew 22:14)

Eh, nothing wrong with realizing the futility of fighting against the inevitable. Sinners lose without God, every diddly dong time.

I understand what you mean though. It just doesn't feel wholesome to come to God for the fear of eternal death alone.
You want more, you want to truly LOVE God, truly SERVE Him, rather than just pray you'll follow His plan, or that you want to follow it, but then 5 minutes later jack off in your room.

…Ok, that last part was just projection. I'm not that bad, I swear lol! So far I've got it where I can go say 3 days without even thinking about masturbation. I don't know why or how (probably just workload/distractions) but whatever.

Sorry for turning this comment into my shenanigans. My earliest sentences should still hold some merit with you, even if reduced by this foolishness.

The Church is all about hope for the redemption of the world from its corruption and death. Go to God in Hope and he will make you wise, don't feel like you have to do it the other way around learning all these arguments making yourself wise then approaching God this actually has a host of problems anyway. Come to him in fear and you will experience His love.

Hi Ned.

There’s only one religion and that’s Christianity the other are Death Cults

No.

Also just because some infographic is colorful and nicely laid out doesn't make it the truth. There is only one God and everybody knew God but eventually mankind fell away (repeatedly) and created their own idols.

Come home.

Attached: bb486b57-6a32-4948-9abd-e03aa5eeedf4[1].jpg (2592x3888, 3.68M)

I have no desire to go back to LCMS in part because the church I was raised in had no interest in liturgy.

It might be because I'm a LARPer or something, but I like Orthodoxy and Catholicism because they put an importance on liturgy and apostolic succession.

Part of the thing that makes me feel drawn just seems inauthentic on my part.

It's like this pseudo Pascal's Wager type thing where I think my life will be better with some hope of an afterlife and salvation than with saying that there's eternal oblivion even if the latter turns out to be true. I do realize Pascal's Wager is flawed from both atheist (how do you know which god to choose?) and Christian (requires god not to know about it to work) PoVs.

which religion has universalism/reincarnation vs hell or is dead?

That disquafies every eastern religion

ignore evolution part of the pic see it as a catalogue instead.
as you can see christianity is only religion worth joining.

Attached: the-evolutionary-tree-of-religion_5453bce1c43f2_w1500.jpg (163x224 601 KB, 38.43K)

That's a pretty good reason to find Christianity

Read the Bible.

I'm also struggling to keep away degeneracy and I thought it might be a good foundation to keep it away.

I was always a normal heterosexual male but I keep feeling pulled towards trannyism and I really do NOT want to do that.

We all come to faith for different reasons. The fact that you can identify sin and want to get rid of it from your life means you're on the right track

Does Lutheranism cause moustaches or do moustaches cause Lutheranism

I think this defines the purpose of the Holy Spirit. Come to God out of fear, stay for new fullfilllment.

I’m in the same boat as that user. My family taut a fear of death is childishness and Christianity is, as a result, a bunch of children covering their ears and sceeeching in futile defiance of deaths absolute authority. I can’t convert because I feel like I have to accept there is nothing after death to be mature enough to then consider an alternative.

OP here. Like I said I was raised Christian but one of the things that turned me away was thinking deep down that it was a cope for my inevitable mortality. Things can be really confusing.

"I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior".
There you go, say that and believe in the efficacy of these words and you're a Christian.
Then do whatever as long as it's not totally degenerate.

It's like having a demon, you still pay your taxes, you still go shopping, you still eat and you probably still go to work, you're just acting a bit silly.

Christianity is a very very very very very very very very passive faith because its god is almight and does everything, that's why all you gotta do is submit and not be a total degenerate but even the commandments are fortune cookie tier full of "no shit, sherlock" stuff like "do not kill" that make life easier for any community even if they were all fedoras.

Everything else is fluff.

You really can do anything, like walk backwards your entire life, it doesn't matter, hell, actually you might become the patron saint of those who walk backwards or some shit.
Doesn't fucking matter, do cartwheels while singing hallelujah, it matters zilch.

Don't do this OP.
This is a comforting lie.
Jesus said take up your cross and follow Him.
He said if you are lukewarm He will spit you out.
Jesus said if you love Him you will keep His commandments.

In the Bible what was the usual response to Him? It was either love or hate. You can't be lukewarm and just say you believe in Him.
He says to love your God with all your heart, soul, strength and mind.

Yeah man no idea how to separate the two thought patterns.

Think it is possible for anyone to entrust himself or herself to Jesus Christ apart from the influence of the Holy Spirit of Almighty God?

Think that God is so stupid that He is not aware of the sin condition that resides in every human being?

Think that Jesus Christ is unable to transform a person who believes upon Him?

BEGOME

Attached: 1494077179388.jpg (526x461, 25.03K)

Why do atheists seem to think all Christians are OSAS fundies?

"Keep my commandments" isn't passive, it is as active as it gets.
Also, the spectrum is a little bit more nuanced than a simple "Saint:Degenerate" binary.

OK, so if the commandments are so obvious why is it so hard for people to follow them? We don't even use the other 600 Mizvot the Jews have, and even whittling it down to 10 explicit commandments (or 7, if you want to use the Noahide laws), people still can't do it. They literally can't help themselves breaking them. So no, it's not "No shit sherlock" stuff, because otherwise we wouldn't need them at all.