Left my mission early and quit the LDS church. Going to University instead...

Left my mission early and quit the LDS church. Going to University instead. Still consider myself a Christian but I feel kinda lost as far as where to go next. Any ideas?

Attached: ZJRsyEH.gif (248x209, 1.99M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qFjjA_Pt4AQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8F7eIrh80V8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: begome.png (480x340, 143.4K)

try Catholicism

Attached: 2b7e4f5d065b1a9cf8c8ed39d36b7be75d4b4bee03c3a9be3ad0ed8854908a82.jpg (827x1024, 64.49K)

Mormonism isn't Christian at all. You need to accept the doctrine of the Trinity, abandon every last shred of Mormon heresy, and be baptized.

Congratulations on getting out of Mormonism!
Attending a Nicene church nearby you should be your next step if you're looking to connect with Christ.

Conglaturation on leaving LDS. I suggest to start looking at different denominations. You will find one in no time

To true Christianity, the historical dead and risen Christ, unadulterated by Joe Smith's error.

Easter is coming up. Go to a credal, historic church.

Well… you’ll have to decide yourself what denomination to join but the least I can do is give you an unbiased rundown. We all agree that Jesus has the ultimate authority, but to where has he temporarily entrusted earthly authority until his return?

Catholic: He has entrusted authority to Peter and given him the keys to heaven, from whom the other churches have broken away.

Orthodox: He has entrusted authority to his One Holy and Apostolic Church from whom other churches have broken away.

Protestants (mostly): He has entrusted authority to the Holy Bible, and the other churches have corrupted it.

Attached: 674665BC-57D3-4FA3-9ACC-1EF9D782237B.png (450x170, 49.02K)

Also congrats on breaking away from the LDS Christanon. I hope you find the one true path to Christ.

Attached: 1494077179388.jpg (526x461, 25.03K)

I'd recommend reading into early Christianity to see what they taught/believed. I imagine you won't find anything even close with Mormonism (they are generally considered non-Christian)

Another thing since Mormonism goes against classical thiesm may to be try and get a more well reasoned understanding of God from some of the arugments used to argue for him.

youtube.com/watch?v=qFjjA_Pt4AQ

another video about him that might be relevant
youtube.com/watch?v=8F7eIrh80V8

You escaped without even intending to?
Impressive.

Missions are awful. One week your companion is trying to sneak into a brothel. The next your mission president is on the line telling you he's confessed to masturbation and I have to protect him from it.

Which Protestants believe this? I know of none.

Human beings are imperfect. We're a fallen race. Sin is always after us. Christians of any denomination won't be much (any?) better behaved than Mormons. The important thing is to find a denomination that has the correct theological and moral teachings, that has its facts straight. If you want a denomination where members obey their moral teachings fully, haha good luck! Mormonism is wrong because its theological and moral teachings are wrong, not because some members are hypocrites toward those moral teachings. On the whole, Mormons actually behave themselves much better than many Christian denominations out there, even though their belief system is heathen. You'll need to overlook your brothers' stumblings and help them back up no matter what church you join. Perfection is in Heaven. You made a good move leaving Mormonism, but expect to encounter hypocrisy even in the true church, and forgive it when you see it.

>still Christian
gno

Protect from what?

Masturbating. Not sure what I was supposed to do about it, though. Apparently I'm failing as a companion if he touches his peepee. I didn't see that shit.

lmao

Read the Holy Bible and shed any inclination of Mormon doctrine and just read the Bible in its pure form. Read the Bible with the force and power of the Holy Spirit.
You need to admit that you were never a Christian. In my opinion, I believe converts from Mormonism and JWs are much harder, because they've been brainwashed with using different terminologies for the same words, so they end up disillusioned like David Pakman and turn full-blown atheist because they think all Christians are the same. Mormonism and JWs are very dishonest and their main lie is to insist calling themselves Christians when they know nothing about the Christian faith. For example, Mormons claim to believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, which is semantically true, but Mormons also believe that you can also become a Son of God equal to Jesus Christ which is false.

You can look up testimonies of Lynn Wilder on YouTube, she is an ex-Mormon and former BYU professor who converted to Christianity. I understand being an ex-Mormon to the Mormon church is akin to calling yourself a Satanist, but it's another tactic to get you stay inside of that Mormon bubble. Read your Bible.

Attached: bible.jpg (2048x2048, 328.35K)

30000_prot_heresies.png

Attached: blind.jpg (402x600, 26.19K)