Google 'to end' Pentagon Artificial Intelligence project

Google will not renew a contract to do artificial intelligence work for the US Pentagon, company sources say.
The decision follows strong opposition in the technology giant's workforce.
A number of Google employees resigned and thousands of others signed a protest petition against taking part in the Pentagon project, known as Maven.
They feared it was the first step towards using artificial intelligence for lethal purposes. There has been no official statement from Google.
According to company sources, top executive Diane Greene told staff on Friday there would be no follow-up after the current contract expired next March.
But Kate Conger, a journalist for the technology news website Gizmodo, told the BBC that Google had not cancelled Project Maven and did not appear to have ruled out future work with the military.
The contract is reported to be worth less than $10m (£7.5m) to Google but could potentially lead to more extensive cooperation with the Pentagon.
Project Maven involves using machine learning and engineering talent to distinguish people and objects in drone videos.
In April up to 4,000 Google employees signed an open letter saying that by its involvement in the project the internet giant was putting users' trust at risk, as well as ignoring its "moral and ethical responsibility".
A report by Gizmodo said that senior leadership at the company was deeply conflicted about the effects of the partnership with the Pentagon.
Internal emails suggested that executives saw the contract as a huge opportunity while being concerned about how the company's involvement would be perceived, Gizmodo said.

archive.fo/6lxI2
bbc.com/news/business-44341490

Other urls found in this thread:

w3.org/History/19921103-hypertext/hypertext/DataSources/News/Groups/alt.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No need to renew something that is finished

Exactly. They already have everything they need and just straighten out the paper trail with this superficial announcement.

Attached: PicsArt_06-03-01.06.05.jpg (1024x518, 41.07K)

Google is Maven

Attached: nose knows.jpg (366x488, 16.41K)

For decades now, I've been wondering who or what Nostradamus was envisioning when he forsaw 'MABUS'…

as with almost all legitimate 'clairvoyant' visions, there will generally be a small element of the vision that will be inverted or transposed somehow.

I have been convinced he was misinterpreting 'POTUS'….

I gave brief consideration to 'Maven', and still believe it was POTUS

Attached: PicsArt_06-03-10.27.20.png (510x543, 325.43K)

post the video faggot

pic related

What video? Did I not already tell you in another thread how to access all his shit? What a lazy Millenial you are! Ho look him up on JewTube and enjoy watching a video of him fucking himself in the ass with a toothbrush! FUCK! You are lazy af!

Attached: PicsArt_06-03-10.35.53.jpg (1869x2804, 740.67K)

I meant to say *Go*; but, for you, "Ho" works just as well. If you are so interested, do your own work. KiwiFarms, maybe?

No, I want you to put your phone up to your ugly face, press record video button, say today's date and time, then post it here.

But I'm not Johnny Neptune!
I'm just a thorn in his side.
You are obviously a halfchan-reject newfag, so I will say this slowly for you…
G.I.V.E.. U.P.
You Already Lost.
and against a complete faggot too!
Lel!
JN doesn't have to prove shit to the likes of you. I already told you… If you want to jack off to the sound of his mellifluous voice you may have to go elsewhere, like JewTube. Your kind is actually worse than his kind because you are lazy and ineffectual when it comes to shitposting. You have to go back. Back to halfchan.

Attached: download_20180602_065743-1.jpg (577x576, 105.92K)

lel

Bullshit. That place is crawling with commie faggots. They need death machines to implement their dystopia. No idea what's going on, but the reasons listed are farcical.

i triggered you hard like i always do
own it, bitch

Attached: 7280c94ef20bc334d96003eb3886e50aca6ced25beb2ad2642843280fdfb4241.jpg (960x620, 36.97K)

OK, Johnny. Let's OWN this bitch!
I gotta be gone for over an hour right now – kids and all – but what fun to destroy a complete failure as a human being! I saw his inept attempts early morning. Cringeworthy. He'll be lucky to get out alive. He'll certainly get doxxed. What fun!
ENJOY!

post video faggot

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

IM ACTUALLY LAUGHING

as in REALLY laughing

post video

post video

He is nothing, if not bullheadedly focused on stupid. Open up! Like I said, leaving for awhile. Take him apart!

post video

Attached: rudy.png (718x540, 504.2K)

running and hiding like the last thread i chased you out of.
lel

Attached: PicsArt_06-03-04.03.34.jpg (960x620, 62.73K)

In fact, maybe some video would be appropriate for his dumb ass! I will start…

Attached: 3b6ddb496d3232c5c78fc528fdf058525c62f1772017918b18e8294f54b8cdad-1.webm (476x720, 9.44M)

Not.

Attached: PicsArt_05-26-09.04.15.jpg (959x698, 222.47K)

Doesn't know how many, nor who, he is dealing with. Classic newfag mistake.

Dipshit reminds me of a backflipping faggot FuckBoyIncel Agent showing off

Except he keeps shooting himself in the foot instead of somebody else.

Attached: FBI agent accidentally shoots into crowd after doing a backflip_HD_5834.webm (430x686, 4.42M)

Nice work, btw

how does it feel being owned by me every day?

Huh?
You must have me confused wirh somebody else!

Speaking of the smartest animals on the planet:

This is the black 'teenaged' girl Wendy and I have been conditioning to accept us so we can get close enough to capture her and get her to the vet (she has a broken back leg) we have been monitoring her and bringing her food and water everyday and spending time with her.

she is sooooo sweet, and she's almost letting us pet her

Anyway… Last night I took this pic, and at the time, I didn't realize that she has a tiny little kitten… (hiding in bushes near the arrow)

The kitten is no bigger than a closed fist. She's TINY… But we cannot find any other kittens. Just that one. We Fear the worst may have happened to the rest of the litter.

The 'mama' is just a baby herself, and we are amazed that she has already given birth. Wendy says due to the mother's extremely young age, and the broken back leg, it's possible the other kittens simply didn't survive birth.

So…… Anyway……..

Yeah, now the rescue involves two of them…

Attached: PicsArt_06-03-04.17.43.jpg (1920x1080, 359.97K)

lol@ 'how does it feel' yet he has absolutely no clue who he's even talking to…

wow

every thread i post in you immediately orbit me for as long as i choose to toy with your feeble mind
owned bitch

Easily one of the most terrifying things I've ever seen in my entire life. What in the fuck…

the part that's bothering us

Something is telling us it's not even her kitten. Even though the kitten is solid black just like the teenaged girl with a broken leg, which naturally makes you assume it's her kitten, there are still some strange inconsistencies that don't seem to connect, leading us to believe there's something else going on here……

1: there are no other kittens
2: the teenage girl has NO 'ninnies'
(She would have preferred been producing milk, and she would have ninnies)
3: there is another ADULT female who had a litter of kittens about the same age, under a big house, half a block away

For some reason we believe one of the kittens strayed away from the rest of the pride, and somehow joined up with the teenaged girl with the broken leg, who has assumed the job of being a 'mother'

The kitten is too young to eat even smaller pieces of dry kitten food without choking on them, we found out last night…

So we are carefully masticating salmon and turkey into a 'paste', and because we can't bottlefeed KMR to the kitten, we are supplying her with plenty of water.

we are going to try to 'havahart' trap at least the kitten tonight, if not both

Egg

Zack

Lee

Attached: PicsArt_06-03-04.34.37.jpg (1024x768, 107.77K)

Now we can start doing no evil again

In fact, around an hour or so ago, Wendy and I just took a huge plate of Salmon, Sardines (in water not oil) Turkey, and mashed Scrambled Eggs (all mushed thoroughly into a consistent paste) out to the bushes where the two of them sleep

I'm going to take one of my t-shirts, and one of Wendy's t-shirts out there very soon and lay them on the ground under the bushes, so the kitten will familiarize herself with our scents.

What the fuck is going going on here?

Attached: PicsArt_06-03-04.49.58.png (1080x901, 97.06K)

DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
lel

speaking of Google's fascinating artificial intelligence initiative:

It's so fucking hot outside today, and I can barely imagine actually going outside right now because the air conditioner feels so fucking good in our place. We live in a very very old 'Antebellum' house, actually built in 1850 if I'm not mistaken, but the central air works TOO WELL in here, keeping it like an ice box.

the cat's 'live' deep deep way back in a large fairly inaccessible are of bushes, completely shielded from the Sun….

So I'm gonna have to pry my ass up out of bed in a little bit to go take them more water and the t-shirts…

shit !…. I really don't feel like even standing up.

Attached: Screenshot_20180603-170249.png (1080x1920, 158.01K)

Can I be completely honest with you? Can you handle honesty without being offended?……..

….. You seem like a really confused individual……

Attached: House_on_College_St. _Macon_Historic_District _Macon _GA _US_(04).jpg (800x439, 69.04K)

extremely confused

and you seem to spend at least half of your time trying to convince yourself that you were 'correct' the other half of the time…

that's the strange way to live

Attached: 985cca5a-c2e0-490b-ac0b-94bd93695218LoResProxy.jpg (384x500, 40.93K)

As you know, I've never been afraid to post pictures or videos or my address or my phone number or any of my information because there's not a goddamn fucking thing you can do with any of it…

(other than the continual masturbation and crying uncontrollably)

You seem to forget that I am an egomaniacal piece of shit…..

Self-promotion is my favorite pastime

Attached: IMG_20180409_134041.jpg (1920x1080, 447.49K)

I have intentionally chosen a blurry photograph… The one photograph that I would have normally deleted, but thankfully I kept it, because now I get to show you a picture of my son and I on his birthday yesterday

Attached: IMG_20180602_130209.jpg (3264x2448, 1.09M)

Wendy made this video for my son's 20th birthday, using only her phone (and the best video editing equipment for Android)

He loved the video… He laughed his ass off. His grandmother is in the video, and an old photo of me pregnant with my son…

It's nice…..

The other night, you were begging like a bitch for your 'timestamped something-or-other', and I told you that Wendy interjected and insisted debt she was ready to actually take a timestamped picture or photograph special just for you, but she wanted to know 'what you wanted her to write on a piece of paper'

….. And you froze… You didn't give her an answer…

At which point she said "tell that little girl that we will shoot whatever picture or video she wants, but since she's dragging her feet, now she has to take a timestamp photograph for US as well"

………….And you got really quiet…………..

At which point, she abruptly changed her mind, and said, "tell that faggot to eat my shit" (I swear to God that's exactly what she said) because you took too long, and she wasn't the one begging…

you were the one begging…………….

She and I look at it as if you were standing at the backstage door waiting for an autograph, and we were flattered

But you don't beg a performer for their autograph and then refuse to tell them who it should be 'written out to'…

You don't leave a superstar waiting with a pen in their hand at the backstage door, because you'll get the door slammed in your face………………………

As you found out first-hand…….

(so if there's a next time, I suggest you get with the program Sally, because if Wendy says jump, you WILL ask "how high?")

I don't know what the fuck is going on here, but that video is pretty nice

Until the day comes where Wendy or I feel obligated to lift a fucking finger for some whining bitch in Zig Forums, I'll leave with this momento

My wife just said 'thankyou very much'

(she threw it together from scratch using only her Android phone, complete with green screen Alpha Channel and everything… It was just a goof, and made for my son Jet, who turned to 20 years old yesterday)

Q: what's going on in this thread

A: we are in a heated discussion about Google and their artificial intelligence initiative

speaking of which:

I'm going to give the kittens water now

toodles

I knew the faggot shitting up the board was a cuckchanner.

boomers shitposting whilst being high on whatever their (((doc))) perscribed and being unable to have any kind of serious discussion.

it starts with a "u" and ends with a "t" and, no, it's not bbs or mirc, newfag

no one cares about your imaginary wife, larp queen

Wow.
It really is amazing to watch the newfag cuckchanners roll in. Weird. It's always the same.
Happy Summer!

Please. Learn to spell.
Please don't try. Failure is all cool. It's the best path to success. Still, your 'trying' is just trying my patience. Give up. You failed ITT.

my imaginary wife gives some amazing imaginary head….

kinda like how your imaginary video game doesn't ever suck your imaginary penis

If you're suggesting that image boards are based off the 'usenet' concept, you and I disagree……

Bulletin board systems were the precursor to image boards……

sorry…..

Attached: PicsArt_06-03-09.37.04.jpg (1080x884, 148.46K)

Attached: satyr.jpg (367x576, 90.49K)

Attached: PicsArt_06-03-11.31.39.jpg (1893x2435, 314.1K)

Attached: PicsArt_06-03-10.18.52.png (523x763, 176.76K)

w3.org/History/19921103-hypertext/hypertext/DataSources/News/Groups/alt.html
you have to go back

and as you're already realizing, it's going to be YOU that gets chased out of here

unlike you, I've got staying power

post video, faggot

Lol

this will only end well

Attached: GURPSReignofSteel.jpg (200x256, 19.43K)

So, they are doubling-down on the lies while quadrupling the investment?

probably