Men Who Have Used Psychedelics Are Half As Likely to Be Violent to Their Partners

New evidence suggests that men who have used psychedelic drugs are around half as likely to be violent against their intimate partners as men who have never used such substances.

The results came from a study undertaken at the University of British Columbia, and published by the Journal of Psychopharmacology on May 29. Researchers aimed to examine the association between the perpetration of "intimate partner violence" and lifetime psychedelic use. The latter variable refers to whether someone - at any time in their life - has used LSD or psilocybin "magic" mushrooms. After anonymously surveying 1,266 adults, researchers found a significant negative relationship between perpetrating partner violence and psychedelic use among men. However, the study did not find a relationship between partner violence perpetration and psychedelic use among women.

The lower likelihood of partner violence among men who had used psychedelics may be related to improved “emotion regulation”, the study suggests. This term broadly refers to a person’s ability to effectively manage and respond to emotional experiences.

“Our analyses revealed that male psychedelic users reported better emotion regulation when compared to males with no history of psychedelic use. Better emotion regulation mediated the relationship between psychedelic use and lower perpetration of intimate partner violence”, the study’s results state.

As men who use psychedelics reported better emotion regulation than those who did not, psychedelic drugs could potentially be used to help men improve how they respond to negative emotions. Therefore, Thiessen believes that therapeutically-administer psychedelics could potentially reduce partner violence across society:

"Although use of certain drugs like alcohol, methamphetamine or cocaine is associated with increased aggression and partner violence, use of psychedelics appears to have the opposite effect. […] Future research should explore the potential for psychedelic therapies to help address the international public health priority of reducing domestic violence".

talkingdrugs.org/psychedelics-reduce-domestic-partner-violence

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 42.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

goodtherapy.org/learn-about-therapy/issues/aggression-violence
alcoholrehab.com/drug-addiction/drugs-alcohol-and-violence/
journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2050324517723232
smokeyschemsite.com/
archive.is/Ta9Ea
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wonder (((who))) funded this research?

Since most domestic violence is committed by women, I'd like to see some numbers for them as well.

It's true. The only evil in the world is waste and stagnation- you must maintain your existence, but neither can you grudge the world for seeking to maintain its own.

These men are not less violent, they merely realize where their violence and energy must be directed. Even in loss, they act.

Go away with your hedonistic cult/death rune Schlomo

Attached: Schizophrenia.com - Schizophrenia Fact and Schizophrenia Statistics.gif (775x887, 234.37K)

Correlation is not causation.
Notice there is no comment about female violence, which is about equal contributor to domestic violence (yes, it really is 50/50 and in cases where the violence is reciprocal, the male half tends to receive lighter injuries than the woman).
tl;dr bullshit

Correction:
*the male half tends to CAUSE lighter injuries than the woman does to him.

That's a very roundabout way of saying "psychedelics are primarily used by white people".

Have these idiots ever heard the term “correlation does not equal causation.” I’m sure you will find that people who drink have a high probability of holding their knife with the left hand, or people who smoke crack are dog lovers.

I can confirm, from my thousands of psychedelic experiences, that I never once acted in a violent way toward anybody while high on psychedelics. I cannot say the same for alcohol.
I have, however, had violence perpetrated against me while high on psychedelics.
At the Jerry Garcia show on Halloween night 1988 I took a ten-strip of some good shit, ended up doing cartwheels through the packed crowd, never once injuring anybody, and, in fact, not making contact with anyone else except for the occasional dancing handslap. After the concert I climbed to the top of a very tall church next to the concert venue and stood for over an hour on one foot, doing the tree-pose on the very tip of the church steeple. Many cops tried to get me down, some even throwing things at me, while I ignored them and many old hippies begged them to leave me alone. Two cops got taken away in an ambulance after falling off the roof while throwing bottles and rocks at me.
I eventually jumped down and parkoured my way off the roof and disappeared in the crowd, then jumped in a van that a hot hippy chick was changing in, pulling the door closed behind me. We fucked for hours while her friends whined and complained outside that we wouldn't let them in because they wanted to go home. Made it home that night on BART buck-ass naked, got dressed and went to work still so fucking high that my boss sat me at a desk all day shoving floppy disks into a computer to copy them – the job usually reserved for the resident retard. Shit was so cash.
If I could get some good LSD right now I would do that in a heartbeat rather than drink alcohol. Damn cops act so violently toward me whenever I drink, and they don't much understand the psychedelic experience either.
Thanks for letting me share.
Now fuck off and take some 'shrooms or something. Let experience be your guide.

Attached: 1508052154166.jpg (2215x3323, 918.81K)

Lmao

And life has been one big flash back ever since

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 18.91K)

Psychedelics are true red pill. I won't even categorize it as a drug.

i remember floppies
good times

(((intellectuals)))

Commies like you always kill us intellectuals first; because we will not only refuse to be slaves, but we are also very likely to wake up the cattle.
Stay mad and keep judging others' experience by your lack of it. You're so cute when you're mad!

These government reseacher projects want to stop and quell violence so they can control the population and bring in the New World Order.. Cant you see this with the legalization of cannibas to dumb down the population with drug use.. Once you smoke the grass you turn lazy as fuck.. I know this from experience.. So any drug use the government promotes should be looked at with suspicion…

Attached: 3761d0dbff85d2614a5904dab30afe834de437752a175b6e74c648a1cedd8feb.mp4 (198x360, 1.64M)

Quick everyone cut off your penises

I'm pretty sure that this has been defined as 'Man-statting', which is now a hatecrime carrying a minimum sentence of 10 years w/o parole. I mean, just imagine how many Gender Studies papers would have to be marked down if they applied good/working (i.e. violent/patriarchal) mathematics to their results.

Probably a grant from the Canadian government, and the university itself.
But now I wonder - how can one check how a study is funded? Would it be mentioned in the journal article itself?

"the study did not find a relationship between partner violence perpetration and psychedelic use among women."

With spelling skills like that, I don't know why you would worry so much. It's not like you can go any lower at this point.
Also I hope that mudslime video of people behaving like rabid animals wasn't your example of an ideal society and you were just to idiotic to connect it to your statement.

Not that user, but when you are tearing apart someone else's spelling, you should probably refrain from being
You know better.
Yes, the user was being stupid and idiotic – his spelling was the least of it. You, however, should pay attention to your own spelling too.

Ready to get started educating y'all.
While this article does not mention psychedelics as treatment for violent behavior, it is a good 'jumping-off-point' (if you will), for understanding the violence that some of us employ:
goodtherapy.org/learn-about-therapy/issues/aggression-violence
Notice that females are just as likely to be aggressively violent as males.

My favorite recreational pastime is dropping 300 mics of orange sunshine, then punching Wendy really hard over and over in the back of her head

Alcohol is the real violence-inducing drug.
Psychedelics are often used in a therapeutic way to release violent tendencies in a healthy way.
Wish I had some right now…
alcoholrehab.com/drug-addiction/drugs-alcohol-and-violence/

Doubtful. Wendy would kick your fucking ass.

the truth:

I am almost always happy. 100% true. I very, very rarely get even vaguely depressed. I have always said people should 'take out their aggressions in bed', and it seems to eliminate them in everyday life.

agreed. alcohol is the worst, most negative, detrimental, awful 'drug' of them all. I don't even consider alcohol to be a drug, nor do I consider gasoline to be a drug.

LSD was what I cut my teeth on, and I also have literally over a thousand LSD experiences, not to mention MDA and MDMA

I have never been depressed either.
I don't even understand it.
I have, however, been angry as fuck, and alcohol does not help that tendency.
Here's another decent article (this time):
journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2050324517723232
Narrowing in…

I've done psychedelics a couple of times and if I had a wife I'd Stockholm Syndrome the shit out of her. Great piece of news.

Smokeyschemicals.com

Me too. Soft spot in my heart for it. I've never had a "flashback" though! Are other people just more 'lucky'?
I was the one who laid up and distributed hundreds of millions of doses of "Goony Bird" acid in the '80s. Come at me, FBI!

Aaargh!

Attached: Capture _2018-06-15-14-52-05.png (1432x511, 82.13K)

smokeyschemsite.com/

My friend orders regularly on clearnet. he spends $250 so the payment is done by Western Union. $250 gets him 50 hits

if flashbacks were legit, you and I would've had several dozen of them….

but we haven't…. Not even one….

because that's bullshit

Where's the non-pozzed .onion sources nowadays? Is any of it 'real' anymore? Just wondering. Have more than 2 decades of non-experience – other than one DMT experience, which kept me sober from alcohol forover 5 years.
A few bad things happened in life and I went back to drinking. Worst life-choice I ever made. Now I want to get violent and kill everyone again.

Sauce pleeze!

Oh shite!
I see! K. Coolio.

Damn inflation!
I sold my shit for $30 a sheet of 100 hits 200 mics a piece.

Well, my son has tried the ADL-52, (orange sunshine) and it's absolutely legit

My friend gets the 1P-LSD, also with no complaints

we already live in a society of rampant false accusations of abuse against men by women.

Yes……

And I used to buy a quarter pound of Acapulco Gold for $60… And to be quite honest the buzz was much better than this chronic skunk Indica everyone is selling

Times change

Any recommendations on which is better nowadays? I've heard 1P was good, but I'm old-school. Don't steer me wrong!
'Orange Sunshine' back in the '80s… Well… I doubt it's the same, but "legit", I guess, is good enough for me! I just wanna stop drinking. Kinda hooked on that. No fun.

This thread will get deleted soon.
I foresee it…
archive.is/Ta9Ea

ADL-52 actually IS orange sunshine. The body metabolizes it into LSD

I LOVE THIS THREAD!

Attached: 1506157153344.jpg (1920x1080, 408.07K)

Less violence.
More psychedelics.

This.

me?… I love a ton of thinly sliced cucumbers, swimming in vinegar, and chilled overnight

Attached: PicsArt_06-15-07.42.38.jpg (1920x1080, 385.22K)

If you're not vegan, an even BETTER, MORE DELICIOUS & REFRESHING version is to add sour cream to the vinegar, and let it marinate into the sliced cucumbers overnight.

On a hot day, it's amazing

Attached: PicsArt_06-15-07.46.43.jpg (1920x1080, 406.54K)

JNs GARLICUE™ SAUCE

-ten bulbs garlic diced (not cloves, but bulbs)

- orange juice
-brown sugar
-Worcestershire sauce
- whiskey
- honey
-a lil bit of tomato paste
-1 imported dark German beer
- more garlic

let it reduce slowly, continually adding orange juice and beer as it reduces. continue adding diced garlic the entire time

-allow it to almost caramelize

-paint it generously on salmon, tuna steak, or chicken

-allow it to fully caramelize, and keep brushing more layers on, over and over

Warsteiner Dunkel is the best beer for my recipe

I like to soak them in a Himalayan sea salt solution for at least 2 1/2 weeks, then refrigerate and eat within a month.

If it's not THE most amazing glaze you've ever tried, I'll eat my shoes

Himalayan sea salt solution

I did that once (inadvertently) to my testicles

My doctor looks like she died 12 years ago

But I still kept staring at her crotch

100% true

The glaze sounds amazing.
Of course pure cane dark brown sugar.

Attached: PicsArt_06-15-07.13.38.jpg (2643x1982, 1.08M)

I put pickling spices, dill and hot-ass peppers with it too.

Attached: IMG_20180615_191122.jpg (3264x2448, 1.41M)

You do Pho, by any chance?
Vietnamese?

Hell Yes! A Favorite!

Shits the bomb

We have an authentic place our here, even though we're out here in da country.

As you know, the secret is to order what the staff eats, not necessarily off the menu…

Shit peels the top of your head off, and releases endorphins, very much like when I think about the unacceptable gaffe where Andy Griffith stopped and hunched over instead of walking off the soundstage

Shit really bakes my beans

Attached: PicsArt_06-15-08.29.33.png (1080x1665, 569.94K)

Street food is the same way worldwide.
If a long line is developing, when it comes to food, join dat – otherwise git da fuck away!
of course there are exceptions.

Also, Saved…

Yessireebob!!

Wendy and I were coincidentally just talking about this very subject earlier this afternoon

Attached: 2d3c2642bec217b4858df79722b829307d3b028ebb649aaa677b7bcf6363d6da.png (877x767, 981.78K)

What is this BULLSHIT ??!!

according to this picture, planet Zemulor (green arrow) is in retrograde orbit of Thrulonia-7 (blue arrow) while Xlindax (Hephibyus' 11th moon, indicated by the red arrow) is where Zemulor should've been……

WHAT ASTRONOMER DID YOU HIRE TO CREATE THIS?

Attached: PicsArt_06-15-09.04.30.jpg (1920x1080, 409.3K)

My bad…..

I was looking at it upside down

Attached: PicsArt_06-15-09.11.43.jpg (1982x2643, 685.47K)

Busted!
Damn! How did you so easily catch that?

Much like being an artist, as a creator, I don't collect

Attached: PicsArt_06-15-09.15.21.jpg (600x900, 83.99K)

i am a cringe collection… And I don't mind… I kind of knew that when I entered into the deal

Attached: IMG_20180615_211815.jpg (1920x1080, 362.93K)

Psychedelics don't necessarily make a person smarter, but certainly advance the "computing power" so to to speak of our mind. As hitting your own partner is retarded, Jimmy Carr puts it best, "like keying your own car", one wonders if it is just intelligence linked. Some really great work being done by guys like David Olson, don't be surprised if LSA micro doses become the new Iodine in salt and raise population IQ, the neuroplasticity benefits are rather astounding. Not a huge fan of their usage as hallucinogens, but to each their own. Far less harmful that other legal and illegal recreational drugs. If we better understand the underlying mechanisms and make better compounds, wew lads. Might have a chance in this AI war after all

Thx 4 da Wew Lads!

I'm an 8th grade drop out, who (not so coincidentally) was urged to drop out by my middle school principal (one year earlier than allowed by law) at the age of 15, after just having finished a 3 year daily LSD regimen since the age of 12…..

so I'm not particularly intelligent, being totally self taught in everything… I definitely don't think I'm a genius (that's just a slang term, anyway) but I DO think the average person is an idiot, which makes me 'appear' smart by default.

That being said, I took the WISC-R4 when I was 15, the subset of The Wechsler Scale, when I was 15 and scored in the 'Very Superior' category (which means nothing to me)

I've never done things like other people by design. I don't do math the same way, I don't think linearly, and I approach everything from a backwards angle.

I accomplish things by beginning at the victorious end, then working my way to the beginning (that's the technique I've always used with girls, beginning the entire thing by approaching it as if we've been together for years)

Everyone else pretends to be nice at first, until they gain your trust, at which point you'll find out they were pieces of shit….

I begin by pissing people off and making them think they hate me (something I'm quite comfortable with) and in this way, I've managed to make some really good friends.

I'm a massive fuck up, a complete flake, yet the most loyal bastard you'll ever meet. Faithful to a fault, and a bit of a perfectionist. It's a fractal hodgepodge… But it works for me….

and I've ALWAYS said my experimentation with LSD didn't make me smart, it just made me realize I was looking at everything the wrong way, and it taught me HOW TO LEARN

Attached: IMG_20180615_212058.jpg (1920x1080, 284.81K)

Hitting your partner is idiotic. Only an asshole punches a girl…..

I prefer kicking her in the back, right between the shoulder blades.

FUCK HER

I'd love for you to elaborate on this further, a little confused on how that works aha, very impressed at access to LSD at 12 not going to lie pal

Weed niggers remain human trash regardless of academic background and by becoming dependent on whatever substances you worthless vermin try to peddle you practically ensure your own servitude to the chemical jew, i will endorse public mass killings of drug addled retards even if they are doctors, teachers or politicians, fuck them and fuck you.

…as you know, I'm a bit shy, and not much of a talker, but……

okay, I'll give it a shot

you know that almost undetectable aura, when you've known a woman so long, become so familiar with every subtle nuance, having long since passed the honeymoon phase, long after you've both grown comfortable farting in front of each other, where you are intimately familiar with her sphincter, having put your tongue in it many times, and you wake up next to her and see her without makeup, with all her flaws, and she's still a work of magnificence, even though the lustre has oxidized?…..

that's the energy…..

it already feels natural, and they know that I know that they know I'm already their 'boyfriend', for lack of a better term.

That's a pseudo-description

but I had to force the words to describe it, because it's not a conscious effort… It's not a schtick or a gimmick. It's just a way of walking backwards in the the back door, and you end up facing the same direction as if you walked in like everyone else does.

and it works great, at least for me

Re: at age 12- yeah I smoked my first joint, and the next day, I took a hit of acid, and the three year experiment began. I'd take a one day break every 8 to 10 days to replenish with citrus, etc, then go right back at it again

yeah, but just like your mother told you so many times, "nobody gives a fuck what you think, you little bastard"

thank you for proving how if you haven't ever experienced something, you don't know Jack shit about it, and any 'expertise' you feign only makes you look like more of an idiot than you did before you opened your mouth….

Timmy The Tyrant and his insignificant Manifesto Of Low Self Esteem…….

right ?

I follow you man, interesting. Almost like a subconscious communication process kinda thing. I'm off to hit the hay next time i'm out and about i'll give "the walking backwards in the the back door " approach a go, cant hurt to switch up the tactics every now and then lol. Take care man

subconscious communication process

bingo

Guten Nacht, Herr Fangenstein

In my experience, guys like you, who 'doth protest too much', are always wearing a mask, hiding something…….

I find people who feel compelled to force control on others do it to compensate for their own fear of accepting their own lack of control over repressed 'engrams' as the scientologists call it…

Frightened men pretend to be 'scary' and 'intimidating', while deep inside they hoping nobody looks behind the curtain of Oz…

…you're exactly the type to eventually end up smoking meth and sucking some niggers dick in a motel room….

and I'm not joking

Should have known that jhonny is a drug addict, but adding that on top of ocd and schizoprenia? damn that's overkill.

it's really just a matter of time, Timmy…. when you realize that somebody realized you're just a scared little boy…..

Hit me up, and I'll get a motel room and an 8ball of meth, and I'll fuck your face like it's a truck stop urinal

Trust me, Timmy……..

I'll make a 'man' out of you…..

Sassypants

You ain't nothin' jhonny, even a crippled midget has more worth than you.

"there is a plot in this country to enslave every man, woman and child. Before I leave this high and Noble office, I intend to expose this plot."

John F. Kennedy
Sept 15th, 1963

7 days before his assassination

Your words have permanently scarred me, and I doubt my recovery is likely, due to the needlessly hurtful tone.

This just in: people who prefer their curtains to extend to the floor are twice as likely to be Neo-nazis

this is such kike research it makes me sick. what because you are dumber from using psyhcadelics you should get ur friend to use them and you are more likely to be dumb enough to get cucked economically from bitches.
men that stand their ground on the other hand are treated with respect.

Lol, how's it feel on your own petard niggerbreath ?