Memes 'will be banned' under new EU copyright law, warn campaigners

A new copyright law from the European Union would lead to the banning of memes on the internet, campaigners are warning.

The EU Copyright Directive intends to protect the intellectual property rights of people who upload their material to the internet.

However, campaigners are warning the law will require "all content uploaded to the internet to be monitored and potentially deleted if a likeness to existing copyright is protected".

The campaign against a particular provision of the directive, Article 13, warns that online platforms would be economically damaged if they were forced to comply with its expensive obligations.

The law would "destroy the internet as we know it" warn the campaigners, who add it would "allow big companies to control what we see and do online".

Essentially, the campaigners are arguing the stringent copyright protections of Article 13 would damage the sharing of parody content and memes which, while themselves being original and creative works, are often developed from other people's original content.

news.sky.com/story/memes-will-be-banned-under-new-eu-copyright-law-warn-campaigners-11398577

Attached: eyylq.jpg (490x367, 59.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/axel-voss-save-the-internet-reject-article-13-and-11
saveyourinternet.eu/
liberties.eu/en/campaigns/protect-free-speech-campaign-online-censorship/249
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I
L
B
L

GOOD !!!

memes suck. this will force unoriginal schmucks like you guys to develop your own fucking ideas.

How dare you laugh at us for failing to weaponize memes, goyyim! We'll tax you for it! MAXIMUM JEWRY MODE, GO!

Europe just being Europe lmao. I love it when Eurocucks shit talk America, they think their countries are much less of a joke, and it's so fucking god damn funny when this shit happens and it blows up in their faces.

lmaoing at ur lives, euroanons. stay cucked and stay enslaved,

we're all slaves, I mean try to boycott Israel in US, and see what happens..

one of us is less a slave than the other

Europeans are fuckin pussies. Real low energy people.

The germans weren't, but they saw what happens when you defend your country from jews. The americans, british, and russians all gang up on you.

Finland is home to the true master race

Shoulda researched nukes and nuked 'em first.

The euros that defend this crap are the European equivalent of chessniggers.

Define likeness. Is it hash-based, as these controls usually are? Or is it "deep learning"-based, which reports that boobs are eyes and black people are monkeys?

About time, the cattle will conform with this but there will be ways to circumvent it regardless.

Nah. Just a bunch of sjws with lists defining what's problematic.

Strange that you all use your last desperate days of free communication, (that literally define you in every way) to cuck yourselves. The zionists have never stopped winning, dividing your every day into a war against all but yourself and your relation to truth. You are the jewfagged tools that do their very work through perpetual dumfuckery.

I see you too my friends.

fuck off retard

Attached: ellis_crecy_5.jpg (750x1178, 278.18K)

now is not the fucking time shitwit

Shouldn't have aggro'd most of their atomic physicists then tbh

Attached: jewish_pseudoscience_according_to_shitler_lol.jpg (800x450, 29.82K)

golly it sure is a fortunate, spooky coincidence for the people in charge that Johnny Nippletwist is keeping all the other threads bumped with his faggotry so that nobody notices this one, and nothing like this has ever occured at meatspace protests

Attached: ed0a3cea93948d2ae67ed31bc855b59345b3805a89a97aaa2637b34fabb914cb.jpg (458x459, 42.55K)

Trying to ban a "cultural item that is transmitted by repetition and replication in a manner analogous to the biological transmission of genes"

Good luck with that, Big Brother, you mustachioed faggot.

The term 'memes' referring to Internet memes, is different from Dickie Dorkins' original use of the term, in it refer to images, catchphrases, and things of that nature. Since many of these rely on a visual medium, yes this could conceivably at least extirpate some of them.

change.org/p/axel-voss-save-the-internet-reject-article-13-and-11
saveyourinternet.eu/
DO WHAT YOU CAN TO STOP THIS MADNESS

Pretty much this.
t. 9GAG army

Attached: reasonstolive.jpg (417x809, 272.38K)

Memes being banned is not a bug, it's a feature. Ever since the left started censoring and lost it's creativity, they've feared memes.

liberties.eu/en/campaigns/protect-free-speech-campaign-online-censorship/249
FOUND ANOTHER ONE

Attached: 20493sdwq932sjs.jpg (425x487, 54.98K)

Not really a 'pet issue', goon. Then again, you wouldn't know pet issue if it bit you in the ass because you sure like to play pet for alphabet agencies, right? What did they promise you anyway. Money? Some used-up whore that's festering with STDs? SJWs are a problem - but they're the foot soldiers of the global cons. Just one step above you in the hierarchy.

Bumping to keep this thread visible.

same tbh

Everything will be banned. The legislation is so vague, they can shut down anything at will if they want to. Just more information control of the plutocrats in the EU.

Good with that, cucks. I'll be an outlaw I guess.

TWO DAYS LEFT

HERE COMES DAT LAW

TOMORROW

you're a fucking faggot