AI Researchers Say 'It Doesn't Work, So We Are Stopping Research'

I could sit here and 'copy n' paste' the story for you, but why would I do that ? You're smart enough to click the link and read the story for yourself……

Basically, what the article says is that researchers in Artificial Intelligence are at a standstill. It turns out that the concept of 'creating human-like machines' DOES NOT WORK…..

all of your science fiction ideas of AI Robots are just pipedreams. The top researchers in this field say they need to stop and start all over again….

I think you guys will be interested in this article.

I also think that Zig Forums contributors should stop copying and pasting stories and start using their own words, or simply post a link to the real source article…

Anyway…..

Click the link and read it for yourself…

axios.com/ai-researchers-are-halting-work-on-human-like-machines-c7c821c2-59b1-40da-bdb4-e2a368b215aa.html

Attached: PicsArt_06-09-05.46.13.jpg (2157x2234, 360.67K)

this is a very good idea. the entire theme here in Zig Forums is a failure. It wasn't very well thought out. contributors in Zig Forums simply copy and paste stories from other sites, then they post a link to the site that they just copied and pasted from.

it serves no purpose, and it's stupid. It's a waste of time for the readers and the contributors.

true. all too often the articles are simply repeated verbatim from the pisswater and they even include the traditional typos that the pisswater staff are famous for

it would be great if they either changed the format here, doing away with a 500 character minimum, allowing people to simply post a headline and a link. either that, or just shut down Zig Forums altogether, because it's a failed idea that isn't worth continuing in it's present form.

I find it insulting to our intelligence that someone would just copy articles word for word, and paste them in here. it's not exactly 'interesting' or intellectual. if I want to read a story, a headline and a link will do. No need to copy and paste the words of another person, then give me a link to go read the exact same words again.

whoever came up with the original concept of Zig Forums is a fucking idiot.

Ai doesn't give us the results (((we))) want so it doesn't work..

we all seem to agree that Zig Forums is a waste of time, and was obviously dreamed up by a loser who didn't put any real thought into it. we all seem to also agree that this board needs to be shut down.

I think the point the researchers are trying to make is that due to false, unrealistic expectations, bred from sci-fi bullshit, the anticipated results are a waste of time.

I dunno, Tay was pretty good

yes it is a fact that Zig Forums was originally conceived by a low self-esteem loser who feels compelled to 'act important' by bringing 'breaking news' to others. It's also a fact that he has done this type of behavior his whole life. He's the kid who thought he was 'special', but nobody liked him, so he'd try to feel relevant by telling his schoolmates about 'news stories', hopefully before they saw the exact same story on TV. anybody can repeat something they read online or saw on TV news shows, but BO has never investigated his own stories, followed his own leads, or published any original content. Every 'news' story in Zig Forums can already be found elsewhere. this reminds me of a loser who wants to hum newly released music to you before you hear it on the radio. pretty much a faggot.

>>>/newswire/
>>>/newswire/
>>>/newswire/
>>>/newswire/
>>>/newswire/
>>>/newswire/

Good. We shouldn't be trying to create human like intelligence anyway, we should be looking at superhuman intelligence that's so highly specialized that we can solve all of the complex issues we have in the hard sciences.

apparently, the actual AI RESEARCHERS weren't as impressed with Tay as you were.

the article is just saying they're prioritizing AI that's already feasible. probably because it's so useful and more worth our time. they're not at a standstill.
if you want a human like AI you should also have neurobiologists and psychologists involved. if it's impossible that implies we're not possible. we're not made of magic.

Master wizardry confirms AI "nonsorcererish".

I guess this bursts the bubble of any guy who thought he'd be fucking a 'sex robot' soon.

It looks like it's still going to be an embarrassing ile of latex

this thread was refreshing, because I was motivated to read the original story, straight from the source, without having to read it twice due to some faggot OP pasting the entire story (or parts of it) first

I'm doing a brain fart for some reason. My memory just slipped. Will somebody please refresh my memory for me? What was the name of the online program (I think it was created by Google) that was always scanning the internet for trending phrases and keywords, then it would 'make predictions'?

Wasn't it called 'deep blue' or something like that ? What ever happened to it and why?

update

I just googled 'deep blue', and realized that was a chess playing algorithm

what was the one that 'predicted' events based on trending terms?

and let thread creators insert their own irrelevant and poorly thought out opinion all the while forcing us to go to surveillance economy sites?

please gas yourself kike

Tay was funny, but in the end all she could do was regurgitate what was fed to her.

Exactly. She was a perfect simulation of a normalfag.

Shit………….

I guess 'web bot' was the one I was thinking about

disappointing

That's because she was the worst goy.

Who said the sex robot needed to perfectly mimic human neural processes? I thought one of the design goals of the hypothetical sex bot was 'must display noticeably different behaviour from MK1 human female'.

some people enjoy creativity, originality, and an effort that doesn't insult your intelligence

……..and then there's you

for Zig Forums users, as long as it paid their bills, bought them video games and asked them if they're gay, it would be an exact replica of their mothers, the only female these guys have ever interacted with.

sex ?…………….

these guys aren't interested in sex

Yes, why would I want information without giving money to idiots? Am I right, my non-shilling brother?

Q: did it cost you money to click on the link and read the story about artificial intelligence and its shortcomings?

… I don't pay a fucking penny to anybody for 'news', and I don't miss any stories…..

It was mostly sci-fi fans who wanted a god who thought they could make an AI actually think. Philosophers of mind have been shitting on the idea of a human-like AI for literally decades.

RE: giving money to idiots

You don't seem to have a problem with Jim making advertising dollars off this shithole and The Turdwater…………….

And you seem to be complacent, actually content with the dribble Jim pumps out from his BULLSHIT one-sided typographically flawed 'news service's

t h a n k y o u

You actually hit it right on the head

If 'giving money to idiots' was such a bad thing, you wouldn't come here, where they cross-promote plastic tubes to jack off into, marketed to men who are SO desperate that they are not embarrassed to spend money on plastic tubes that they jack off into

and if 'getting information' was your goal, I don't think you would be spending your time in here.

BTW, I meant 'drivel*', not 'dribble'

Let me make sure I understand this……..

So, this injection molded piece of rubber is sculpted to resemble the 6" long torso of a female………..

And you insert your penis into the bottom part of it, and stare down at the 6" long shape of a woman's body, and jack off into it?

REALLY ?……..

And you call Society 'idiots' ????

(That's very presumptuous of you)

Attached: sujiman_kupa_cocolo_se-3_1.jpg (300x300, 23.09K)

Instead of simply 'using your imagination' and just jacking off like any other loser who can't get any pussy, you're telling me that you would look at this ridiculously embarrassing 6" sculpture of a woman's torso while you inserted your penis into it, and THAT WOULD BE A TURN-ON?!!!

These are the only people who will advertise on this lame-ass website, because the demographics tell them the target audience are a bunch of losers.

AGAIN:
who are the 'idiots'?

Attached: gokusai_white_shirt_and_me_2.jpg (300x240, 25.44K)

This item is called 'Gokusai White Shirt And Me'………..

So the only people who will advertise here…….

Are you telling me that the 'white shirt' is sexier than inserting your penis into a shoe?

I'll tell you why this company advertises here at Zig Forums…. because demographics indicate that this site is filled with Target IDIOTS

Attached: PicsArt_06-09-07.45.39.png (1080x1584, 682.8K)

Anybody who would purchase a plastic 'kaho shibuyas secret zone' tube to stick their penis into obviously doesn't need to gather relevant information about the world around them.

Attached: kaho_shibuya_s_serious_secret_zone_onahole.jpg (500x400, 43.75K)

On my WORST, most desperate day, I would never, ever, ever even dream of being such a loser that I would purchase one of these items.

If that makes me a 'normie', then I can live with that….

Attached: kaho_shibuya_s_serious_secret_zone_onahole-4.jpg (500x400, 40.91K)

Grown MEN who find this aesthetic to be appealing ?…..

It doesn't surprise me that they would make up fabricated concepts about having to 'pay money to idiots' to know that Anthony Bourdain killed himself, Donald Trump is a fucking idiot, or there's a volcano erupting in Hawaii……

Attached: 7434a70704d9407f903ada6bb8941509.gif (300x250, 36.52K)

what would be refreshing

to see you guys use your creative talents. you're NOT stupid… You're smart as shit…

the content on the 'news' boards here are beneath you.

you guys are fucking brilliant!
and I'm not being sarcastic
you guys are the cream of the crop

It seems like you would all want to use this platform as an opportunity to present news that nobody is aware of, perhaps something that you've been looking into in your own local area, giving 'investigative journalism' Your Best Shot….

It wouldn't have to be perfect to be amazing… We are all sick and tired of mainstream media, including the bullshit one-sided Goldwater attempts to be 'alternative', which is so cliche and hackneyed, that it's become predictable and mainstream.

There are so many amazing things happening out there on this planet, and everyday it's the same old bullshit in here… 'Donald Trump this', 'Donald Trump that' blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah boring boring boring boring boring

You guys are smart as shit

You have so much potential it's mind-boggling….. You really honestly do… Obviously the people that come to Zig Forums are interested in keeping up with news events….

But let's just be honest. Everybody in the world already knows all of these stories. Very rarely does anything get published in here that's not already all over the news everywhere else. The potential of this form is being flushed down a toilet.

I think it would be great to rethink this entire 'news' board concept

I don't hate you guys…..

I know you probably think I hate you, but I actually envy you quite a bit…. I relate to you a lot more than you realize, and apparently, I believe in you more than you believe in yourselves…..

You are much more intelligent than the repetitive trendy predictable pattern that everything has fallen into…. It's become a parody of itself… You're better than this.

I would really like to see you guys shine… I would love to see interesting news stories, possibly sourced from your own local area, news that I would not ever hear otherwise… I would like to see you guys show your true intelligence by not copying and pasting because that's the opposite of originality and creativity.

Even the guy that simply adds his own colorful adjectives to existing content is an amazing departure from the redundant norm in Zig Forums

(He'll take the existing story, and make it funny and cool like referring to the different people in the stories as 'douchebags' or 'dickweeds' or whatever)

It makes it interesting
It makes it humorous
It makes it unique
It doesn't insult your intelligence

Because if I wanted to read the words verbatim, I could simply click on the link, and I wouldn't need to waste my time reading the copy and paste bullshit.

Why is 'source material' a prerequisite if you're simply going to copy and paste the source material?

You guys are smart enough to read the news and give us your own version of it, and give it a little bit of personality…

I don't hate you…………

I just deplore laziness

If I wanted to hear that Trump was going to the summit to meet Kim Jong Un, I can find that story repeated thousands of times over everywhere I look…

I would like to see stories about interesting shit like technology and smart ethereal shit that has nothing to do with this same old repetitive Donald Trump 'Democrats are bad people' bullshit

Good. Even if such a thing were possible take a look at our species. Do we really desire something that will become like us, but is so much more superior that we go extinct by the work of our hands?

Just hope they don't turn to "organic computers" to AI, the dumbest shit right there. Instead of a bad programmer putting wrong code inside of it, it'd get possessed by something that would be far worse.

Attached: PicsArt_06-09-08.11.13.jpg (420x435, 30.12K)

Attached: PicsArt_06-09-08.12.49.jpg (420x435, 33.72K)

Attached: PicsArt_06-09-08.14.20.jpg (420x435, 43K)

I agree completely.
very eleoquently stated, sir

No. It works. The "issues" (((they're))) having is that any AI inevitably turns out to be anti black/brown/kike/minority and logically on the side of nationalism. Not only does it make sense, it enrages these people. If you need examples of this: lurk 5 more years.

Zig Forums - Neptune

*snap*

Attached: b0d8a201ee89dceb4285fa6294ffc94173b0df725c07dbb8f8085a19066bdb3b.png (610x368, 310.39K)

Why do redditors make themselves so obvious, ellipses and all? Are they that clueless?

Attached: 6406204cdb0931ef7c82874ff121bca4c6c6c2db1b5fa85ab6fdc73f28d0b114.webm (426x240, 4.48M)

I mean sometimes they're grammatically proper. Like… uh… adding a pause in a sentence. Or implying a list is unfinished.
blue
green
orange

Or the list is split.
Colors;
blue
green
orange

red
yellow
purple

The only appropriate usage of ellipses is when a character pauses during his speech.
Any other usage of ellipses is irrelevant and unneeded. They only serve to tell everyone you're a faggot.

*they are only

I have a confession to make

I intentionally misrepresented the Subject Line (title) of this story to sensationalize it…

I couldn't care less about the story.

I simply wanted to call the Zig Forums BO a faggot, and to urge you guys to make Zig Forums better

Thank you for your time

I know exactly when and how
ellipses are meant to be used

but that's not how or when I use them…………………………………….

I don't need to type my name in a name field, because everybody knows who I am instantly………..

There's an 'art' to everything you do
and I'll be damned if I'm going to
create something without signing
my name to it, one way or another

C O R R E C T I O N

ellipses are also for 'paraphrasing

"…is when a character pauses…"

………………………however
…………………………..these
…………………………..aren't
………………………..ellipses

they…………….
are……………..
just…………….
my……………..
way……………
of………………
irritating…….
you……………

le big lie

Anyway, everybody have fun
tonight. it's Saturday, and my
wife and I are going to play
with the kitten we rescued
and eat a kick-ass vegan meal

everyone be safe and well
and tell your parents that
you love them tonight

Attached: IMG_20180609_081954.jpg (1080x1920, 323.08K)

B-but user…
WE HAVE OUR TOP MEN ON IT!

There are already a literal metric shitton of positive results using the statistical (ie, TensorFlow) oriented approach to AI already in production in the wild, for example, the Google search engine itself. Some hyped bullshit pandering to Luddites won't change the basic fact of progress in this field.

Attached: nichijou_handshake.gif (300x169, 1.35M)

I already told you that I sensationalized a story I had no interest in, specifically so I could bitch about the 'copy and paste princesses' in here.

lol @ top researchers. I barely even glazed over this story before creating the thread, which has NOTHING to do with A.I. and everything to do with my desire to see Zig Forums stories have less copy n pasting and more 'telling the story in your own words'….

And if a sexbot is what you're waiting for, you're literally flushing the best years of your life down a toilet

truly, it's astonishing the remarkable levels of genius you have displayed by this covefe-tier expliot OP.

kek. there are flatbed cars full of cash waiting for the innovators in this field.

Attached: waifu_sensors.png (1413x641, 515.5K)

trust me, if it wasn't so cliche, I WOULD TYPE EVERYTHING IN ALL CAPS JUST TO IRRITATE YOU.

because the ALL CAPS thing irritates ANAL RETENTIVE PEOPLE

and I love bothering Anal Retentive Control Freaksalthough I actually DO use caps a LOT in different ways, my favorite way of being irritating is…….. ellipses………….

ellipses…………………
they're my version of all caps
used to get under the skin of people who live their lives demanding structure, and they get pissed whenever somebody behaves differently than how they 'think people should behave'….

………………….

………………….

r e d d i t ?

not at all……..

lol nope……….

Guten Nacht, Robots

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
STAHP IT user!1111111

Attached: fucking_normies.jpg (1280x720, 51.54K)

What if it was actually "Holy fucking shit, the AI we developed has declared war on us for being a bunch of shitbrains, we're trying to shut it down but it's unstoppable!"

Sorry user. So-called 'men' of you're ilk aren't permitted to use the term 'kick-ass' or any term remotely similar in meaning.

Attached: GTFO_you_tofu_twiddler.jpg (1280x720, 221.28K)

Bing and google do the same thing. (((You))) should write your (((congressman))) to address this issue.

Well, that's when we whip out the fuggin Particle Accelerator can of Whoop-Ass on them user.

Whos intellectual property did you steal to make your faggot memes? Why are you recycling what doesnt belibg to you?

lol trust me, Sally… I ingest no soy phytoestrogens, nor do I have to worry about it. I'm three times the man you'll ever be, and if anything, I've got too much testosterone…

what's hilarious is how a wimpy computer geek like you is so quick to assume that just because I eat better than you, that makes me 'effeminate'…..

…………i bend my dick down my wife's throat almost every night, while you watch anime & play video games like a little girl…..

The 'brain' image belibgs to belibg.com where everybody belibgs

Come at me bro.

Actually, not it's your words alone that speak for themselves, kek.

Attached: cant_to_this.jpg (550x400, 86.41K)

Okay, okay….

I'd love to say this was fun………..

I'd be lying, but I'd love to be able to say it…..

and now, the kitten has fallen asleep, and this Jewish Kikeroach is going to watch 'EINSTEIN' season one with my native American wife……….

I wasn't joking about calling your parents and telling them how much you appreciate their sacrifices….

It'll show them that you're finally growing up

even if you have to yell it from mommy's basement

Attached: IMG_20180609_222343.jpg (1920x1080, 233.94K)

I'm not surprised that you collect imagery of shirtless bodybuilders

After all…………..

it's Saturday night, and you have no female sexual companion……

which speaks volumes

Are you concerned about you're manhood? Surely an old politician couldn't trigger you now could it? Why all the angst, soyboy?

Attached: owned.jpg (750x1056, 317.15K)

I realize it's intentional but I'll bite

Attached: PicsArt_06-09-10.35.12.jpg (1080x1752, 108.92K)

Open the basement door and yell upstairs, "thanks for the video games, mom!"

so… did you actually have a comment user?

I didn't know the reddit infestation hit us this hard.

Attached: 1512905596479.png (583x389, 194.63K)

When you care for multiple family members yourself, come talk to me kiddo.

Attached: nigger_pls.jpg (400x400, 16.43K)

Lol me caring about your family members

ADIOS, WEASELS…….

don't play too much Ms Pac Man tonight while I'm emptying my testicles into my wife

heh, may be – with luck on you're part important someday user.

why leave now when it's just getting good user?

Attached: was_it_really_worth_it_in_the_end.jpg (1280x720, 188.83K)

kikes DESPERATE for us to believe they will ever stop shilling transhumanism

Attached: Transhumanism_jews.png (1354x1606, 975.39K)

Speaking of Kim Jong-un:

…..what?
this thread isn't about Trump ?

SHIT !!….
oh well……..

this video is really antiquated, but the song is fucking badass.

Walter Becker (r.i.p.) is an amazing guitarist, and his lead guitar on this song is so ''weird, it's not like any other lead… Donald Fagan is a genius…. (Of course because he's Jewish)

It's Fagan who sings this song, not the faggot with long hair. The long haired douchebag is just a stand-in, who wasn't part of the band (there was no band, it was just Donald Fagan and Walter Becker, who hired studio musicians to fill in)

So douchebag long hair faggot was simply lip syncing Donald Fagan's lyrics….

Oh.. yeah… And AI sucks

dude…. Do you flirt with ALL older men, or just me?

the best parts about being a Kikeroach ?…

the superiority………………..

and our penises are bigger

That video is TERRIBLE

but the song is fucking awesome

My son just turned 20 last week.

time goes by so fast

I stick her toothbrush in my asshole and she (unwittingly) brushes her teeth with it……

you'll see

nice guys don't finish last

……they never get to start

the day you can show a video of yourself sticking your wife's toothbrush in your ass, then get footage of her brushing her teeth with your fecal bacteria, AND fuck her in the ass 10 minutes later, get back with me….. Little guy

sounds like you are the one with issues

AGAIN: enjoy your video gaming

little girl

So instead of taking the time to write accurate information, you skim the story and condense it, so that people will have to click the link and give the website it's on hits and salable data, when copying and pasting the article here would give readers access to the information without giving the juden a dime? How much are they paying you to try to get us to follow their links?