Navy chaplain fired after caught on video having sex at bar…

Navy chaplain fired after caught on video having sex at bar…

The Marines fired Navy Capt. Loften Thornton on March 20 for “loss of trust and confidence”

archive.today/2018.04.04-224659/https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/04/04/navy-chaplain-career-fired-sex-tavern-video-new-orleans/486259002/

WASHINGTON — A Navy chaplain was fired last month from his post at a Marine Corps command after he was caught on video having sex with a woman at a pub in New Orleans, USA TODAY has learned. Thornton had been chaplain for Marine Forces Reserve based in New Orleans. Wong declined to discuss what prompted the Marines to fire Thornton, a Navy chaplain since 1992. But two Defense officials confirmed that authorities were examining video that shows Thornton having sex with a woman at the Crown & Anchor Pub, a British-themed tavern west of the French Quarter. They were not authorized to speak on the record because the case is under investigation.

The owner of the pub, Neil Timms, said the incident took place in front of the pub by the road near some picnic tables. Timms is cooperating with authorities, he said. The bar is a five-minute drive from the Marine Reserve facility. Thornton did not respond to a request for comment, and a Navy official said he was not available. The “Marine Corps takes all allegations against any of our Marines or sailors seriously, and they are thoroughly investigated,” Wong said.

Attached: 636584482819304649-CAPT-Lthornton-1-.jpg (534x401, 33.21K)

Thats a shame. Another person that preaches the faith fell to the desires of the flesh. He is an embarrassment to Christians everywhere. On the bright side, at least he wasn't a faggot.

What if he's innocent, though?

If he is innocent than I recend everything I just typed. And I will apologize in advance. I guess we will have to see. But there was video evidence of the sexual act. As far as I know the "I tripped and fell into her vagina penis first, your honor. It was an honest accident" defense won't hold up in court.

Our Lord has a fixed standard. To Him, faggotry and heterosexual adultery are still sins. But it does speak to how fallen we are that we look at the adulterers and say, "at least he wasn't a faggot." I imagine Lot said similar things.

lets do some math here. which is more, adultery by itself or sodomy and adultery?

Either will get you roasted.

It doesn't matter if you tell a white lie or masturbate furiously to /cuteboys/, both sins, alone by themselves, are infinite transgressions unto the Lord, who is infinitely holy.

you get roasted for not believing in Jesus Christ.

What an idiotic point of view. Just because mortal sins all endanger your soul of hell doesn't mean they are of equal gravity. You really think masturbation or missing church on Sunday are of equal gravity to murder? Use your fucking brain.

Where do you think you are?

We're under the assumption here that the navy chaplain is already saved (probably isn't). If he is saved then the threat of hell is beyond him. However, God will still punish us for sins we commit on earth.

Well, you and they were talking about an earthly context Eg: one Christian setting a bad name for others.
If a popular Christian was caught, say, lying about something trivial or mundane, it wouldn't shine as bad a light on the community in the eyes of unbelievers, than if said popular Christian was caught killing and cannibalizing someone.
Just saying for clarity's sake.

Attached: 130719130758.jpg (600x582, 25.71K)

Top pleb mate, see the last line of

There won't be any court. What he did wasn't a crime. There will be an investigation and if he's shown to have committed an act unbecoming of his office, then he will be dismissed.

What is:
1) Blaspheming the Holy Spirit
2) Taking the Mark of the Beast

Attached: galatians.jpg (960x960, 912.42K)

Matthew 7:21-23
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
John 6:39-40
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Romans 8:38-89
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
In case you forgot
Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
And a couple bonus for you
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Romans 11:29 - For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

1 Corinthians 6:8-11
8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
2 Peter 3:15-16
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Please repent. I will be praying for you.

Replace "your honor" with "mr Court Marshall " or whom ever is in charge of investigations. Seems pretty cut-and-dry tbh

Public indecency is a crime. Anyway, he's under military law, not civil law.

Friend, I suggest you read the Bible cover-to-cover and read about the story of King Saul and see what happened to him. I appreciate your prayer but I don't appreciate your false accusation. I suggest you re-read that verse again, in fact read the entire Bible because you seem to miss the big picture. Remember that God's Word doesn't come back void, He can use whatever He pleases, even a misled pastor. So stop listening to some man that calls himself a pastor (the verse below applies to him as much as it does applies to me and you also) and start listening to the Holy Spirit. God bless.

Attached: Bible.jpg (3888x2592, 2.18M)

You're the one in need of reading the Holy Bible.

Attached: kjv.jpg (1655x1939, 646.87K)

That's debatable.

Attached: spiritual_blindness.jpg (402x600, 26.19K)

t. speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Attached: 1522073380979.png (1400x1000, 88.1K)