Cremation by water is the best for the environmentg entombmen

In 2016, cremation became the most common method of body disposal in the U.S., overtaking entombment for the first time. This shift is often attributed to the high cost of traditional burial and the waning importance of religion. But experts also point to society’s changing views about how dead bodies should be disposed of. The spectrum of what’s morally acceptable is broadening, at the same time that the most common disposal methods are coming under scrutiny for their environmental impact. More than 4 million gallons of toxic embalming fluids and 20 million feet of wood are put in the ground in the U.S. every year, while a single cremation emits as much carbon dioxide as a 1,000-mile car trip. Thus, the rise in America of “green burials,” where bodies are wrapped in biodegradable material and not embalmed.

Sieber is a part of this trend, but she doesn’t want a green burial. When she dies, she told me, she wants her body to be dunked in a high-pressure chamber filled with water and lye. That water will be heated to anywhere from 200 to 300 degrees, and in six to 12 hours her flesh, blood, and muscle will dissolve. When the water is drained, all that will remain in the tank are her bones and dental fillings. If her family desires, they can have her remains crushed into ash, to be displayed or buried or scattered.

This process is known colloquially as water cremation and scientifically as alkaline hydrolysis, or aquamation. It’s the most environmentally friendly method of death care, says Sieber, the vice president of research at Bio-Response Solutions. Founded by her father in 2006, the company manufactures aquamation equipment for funeral homes and crematories throughout North America. “This has no emissions, it’s greener, it’s a clean technology to work with,” Sieber said.

But Sieber may not get her wish of being aquamated when she dies. Only 15 states allow alkaline hydrolysis for human remains, and Indiana, where Sieber lives and where Bio-Response is based, is not one of them. Casket-makers and the Catholic Church are working to make sure it stays that way.

grist.org/article/the-fight-for-the-right-to-be-cremated-by-water/

Attached: 1696.jpg (330x305, 21.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/21/lawmaker-with-casket-firms-helped-kill-bio-cremati/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alkaline_hydrolysis_(body_disposal)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Alkaline hydrolysis was patented in the U.S. in 1888, and the process hasn’t changed much since then. The body is submerged in a solution of about 95 percent water and 5 percent alkali—usually sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide. The liquid is heated and set at a high pressure to avoid boiling, causing the body to shed its proteins and fats. The decomposition creates a coffee-colored liquid, which contains amino acids, peptides, sugars, and salts. That liquid gets flushed down the drain, and treated like any other type of wastewater. Only bones and metal remain.

Alkaline hydrolysis was originally marketed as a way to rapidly decompose animal bodies and use their nutrients for fertilizer. It was later adopted by scientific labs to dispose of disease-contaminated bodies, like cow carcasses infected by mad cow disease in the 1990s. Its commercial use for animals began in the early 2000s, Seiber said, as grieving pet owners sought a sentimental disposal option that didn’t require an expensive burial or involve burning Fido to ashes.

It has a carbon footprint that is only one-tenth of what fire-based cremation produces.” Roughly the same is true for human aquamation, which, according to Staudt’s book, “requires about 90 kwh of electricity, resulting in one quarter the carbon emissions of cremation, consuming one-eighth the energy, while costing the consumer roughly the same amount as cremation.”
Lawmaker with casket firms helped kill bio-cremation bill

washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/21/lawmaker-with-casket-firms-helped-kill-bio-cremati/

Representative Dick Hamm’s speech made national news that day, and not only because of his business interest in keeping human aquamation illegal in Indiana. “We’re going to put [dead bodies] in acid and just let them dissolve away and then we’re going to let them run down the drain out into the sewers and whatever,” Hamm said, comparing the process to “flushing” a loved one. This wasn’t accurate. Aquamation uses lye, not acid, and similar fluids are flushed down the drain during the embalming process. But Hamm’s hyperbole was effective. Though he was the only lawmaker to speak against the bill, it failed in a 34-59 vote.

The idea that aquamation is unnatural or gross or even immoral has impeded its adoption in other states. A bill to re-legalize it in New Hampshire, where it had been legal for two years before being repealed, was rejected in 2009 after lawmakers gave speeches similar to Hamm’s. “I don’t want to send a loved one to be used as fertilizer or sent down the drain to a sewer treatment plant,” Republican John Cebrowski said.

Alkaline hydrolysis has been used for cadavers donated for research at the University of Florida since the mid 1990s and at the Mayo Clinic[1] since 2005.[22] UCLA uses the process to dispose of donor bodies.[2]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alkaline_hydrolysis_(body_disposal)

all three of these posts we're created by OP. we get it, we get it, you don't need to keep copying and pasting. we're not even interested in this story, anyway.

We? Who is "we"? You and your three headmates?

It doesn't matter who we are. What matters is our plan…

May god smite you to a thousand hells

OP here,(space after comma)this fascinated me since I may be dying soon.

I want my relatives to save the liquid and neutralize it and fertilize the front lawn with it and use the bone meal for the roses.

I am big time environ-mental.
I voted for the green party, because i believe in the future, voting for any other party would have been self-serving

My neighbors who are well off voted right, I would have voted left because I'm poor…so I voted for the kids of the future

"I wouldn't say I'm a hero, exactly, but…"

Good luck with your death, OP. I hope it's painless. If you aren't tight with Jesus, please consider becoming so.

Is this a wordfilter?

Do you have anal cancer caused by anal warts cause by unprotected sex like Andy McGovern?

He have chemo enemas

burial at sea seems seems pretty eco-friendly, altho I guess they use a certain amount of fuel to get the vessel far enough out

Where can I purchase one of these devices.
Asking for a friend, of course.

yeah no thats fucking retarded and anyone who believes you have to spend exhorbitant amounts to be natural is an absolute retard that stockpiles soylent in their basement
a green funeral is digging an 8x4x6 hole on private land and placing the corpse in there in a canvas bag

No, it's johnny's usual bullshit.
Please be nice to him, he has autism,schizophrenia and apparently recently got anal cancer.

You know, you can always grind the bodies and combine them with manure and other organic waste in order to make an effective fertilizer.

Attached: tsk tsk.jpeg (367x500, 26.28K)

At least you can post. Who are you?

No one cared who I was till I put on the shitpost

If I (you’d) your post would you die?

Couldn't they just you know… bury the body in the ground without using a casket and embalming fluid? Penn and Teller already did a special on this and long story short the entire burial industry is a huge scam that preys upon peoples emotions to get them to waste money. Once you are in the ground your coffin will rot and eventually you will too. There is literally no point burying people with all sorts of extra bullshit.

i want my embalming fluid to stay right where it is thank you very much.

Attached: The-Nameless-One.jpg (640x480, 36.21K)

It would be extremely joyful.

why does anyone like this, again …?

Bull. There will be emissions no matter what method.

Attached: 1458126897552.jpg (948x947, 129.88K)

dO LIKE INDIA, let Vultures eat the bodys

what if people awake in graves or cremation chambers?

this, sky burial is most eco-friendly

literally a retarded idea. there's a reason all white funeral ceremonies included a method to dispose of the body in a rapid manner or completely sterilize it in rare instances