Are there any clip loaded guns that aren't a struggle to load? I love the idea of clip fed fixed magazines...

Are there any clip loaded guns that aren't a struggle to load? I love the idea of clip fed fixed magazines. Lighter overall load and smaller volume to carry. I've only ever personally clip fed my SKS and it's not easy to do. Are there guns that do clips right Zig Forums?

Attached: Clip_M1-SKS.JPG (1024x768, 78.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bearflagdefense.com/pages/bf-10
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've seen so many people call magazines clips that now I get angry even when the person is actually talking about a clip.
Help.

Attached: 1464056698758.jpg (500x375, 28.99K)

The magazine springs are usually rather soft, and the bolt locks open on the clip. To remove the clip you should be able to just flick it with a finger or thumb from behind, which causes the bolt to drop and shoot it forward out and away from the action. What difficulty are you having, in particular?

To answer your question proper, I've found that FAL and L1A1 clip cut dust covers tend to be pretty smooth and easy to use, and the FAL action in general is rather slick and has lots of room to stick your fingers without worrying about hurting them. If you want something even more comfortable than that, the Vz. 58/CZ 858 is nothing more than a modified SKS action turned into a modern combat rifle, and accordingly, the bolt functions in the same manner and they are compatible with SKS stripper clips. Due to the triangular shape of the bolt, how wide the receiver is, and how cleanly the bolt operates and handles when clip feeding, I'd say the Vz. 58 is probably one of the nicest rifles designed for a commonly used type of clip.

Bonuses are that the Vz. 58 is legal in many places where AKs are banned, it's an extremely simple and reliable gun with an even easier field strip than an AK, its action is extremely easy to clear due to how much space the breech gives you (while also keeping tolerances that avoid debris getting in), and the fact that it's a gun that takes both detachable mags and stripper clips means you can carry spares of each, giving you your choice of loading options that can make a big difference depending on the situation. In some cases a clip may be faster, or if you run totally out of ammo, all you have to do is lock the bolt open and feed the clips directly into the magazine - frankly, it's such a stupid simple and neat design that I'm amazed no country ever did anything similar (except for units that adopted clip cut FALs, which would mainly include Canadian C1A1s in terms of standard issue rifles).

It gets worse if you know the better terminology: in OP's pic the left one is a clip, and the right one is a charger. "Stripper clip" is a useless neology.

Attached: clip.png (934x856, 573.28K)

Are you using crap NCstar type clips in your SKS? All the modern made chink ones are dog shit. You need to find some Yugo clips or the Czech BXN marked ones. They're fucking butter.

Fuck that chink shit so goddamn hard. I bought some off ebay thinking to myself "user you are so smart look at how little you spent for how much you got" Then the fuckers arrive and not 1 of the 40 clips will both fit in the clip guide or let the cartridges off. I had to take pliers to the ones too big for the clip guide and crush them down in order to get maybe 14 usable ones and they still don't actually keep the cartridges on so they fall off into the chink chest rig I bought.
In short, don't let the little kike in you think that NCstar clips are anything approaching a good investment. Just buy a surplus crate and reuse the clips from that for eternity.

Mauser
/thread

Do the feed strips used by the St. Étienne Mle 1907 count as clips?

Attached: ea077312fcea9339aec237a2fe8b02fe0860b5e43c3e1487ad345e063cd7e052.png (1100x1536, 3.33M)

Eh, not really. The whole idea of a clip (well, charger, is actually correct) is that it is used to load an existing magazine. The St. Etienne feed strips aren't loading a magazine, they're more akin to a non-disintegrating belt if anything. I'd consider feed strips their own category. I think enough firearms used them to consider it an identifiable design feature.

This, anyone who says SKS clips are everywhere and/or cheap is using chinese garbage.

The best SKS rifles are Chinese.
Especially the short barrel paratroopers.
Prove me wrong.

Attached: only two genders.png (500x318, 85.47K)

We're not talking about the guns themselves. We're talking about the clips. Into reading comprehension, Mao.

i bought a crate full of surplus czech ammo pre-loaded onto waxed clips, glad to say ive kept all of them

heres you're (you)

Attached: sks.jpg (1560x2080, 1015.49K)

Are you sure? I always understood the difference between clips and chargers to be the difference between pants and trousers.

Attached: Britbong.jpg (811x480, 101.42K)

Never really knew there were "new production" clips. Figured that there was more of a market in price gouging with shitty tapco and promag magazines.
Anyways whats the difference with these new clips? The chinks try cutting corners using plastic or something?
And are there any way one can identify these clips? I'm asking for a friend here.

How is feeding a clip into your sks not easy? I'ts one of the easiest rifles to get a clip into.

If there were a way to make clips as convenient to load as magazines then there would not have been a switch to removable magazines.

Depends on the clip, and I think maybe even the rifle. I got a box of clips at a gun show that simply will not fit into my Hungarian SKS under any circumstances; the clips are 2-3mm wider than the ones that came with the rifle. Even when I find clips that fit, maybe a third of them are a smooth fit like you'd expect, and only 1/3 of THOSE let the cartridges out smoothly. I have a box of ~50 stripper clips and if I remember right only 4 of them are usable.

They're rough and cut to their own spec that can slice open your thumb and bind rounds.
Since they aren't military issue they can get away with that, just like their made-for-export rifles.

If it looks new it's probably chinese.

Crapco mags hilariously enough aren't bad. Anyways, the two most common clips you'll find out there are Czech and Russian. Czech clips are marked BXN while Russian ones have proofmarks on them. I can't recall what Yugo clips are marked with.

Attached: kristmas.jpg (1210x681, 300.9K)

I've also heard that SKS/vz 58 clips are a pain, apparently Garands are super smooth though.

Only if you don't practice/are using chinese SKS clips as stated many times before.

I's an en-bloc, more of a packet, so you shove the entire thing inside. Much quicker and easier.

My Yugo clips aren't marked, but they have brass rubbed on the inside from the M67 they previously held.

thank you for this.

I never had a problem with yugo 8mm mauser stripper clips in my k98

Attached: 20170325_152319.jpg (5312x2988, 6.27M)

I want to hug her

Weren't their cartridges hilariously out of spec to the point that they needed special clips and an entirely different chamber reaming due to a fucked up taper and neck? Or was that Romania?

That was Romanian commercial 8x57IS. Yugo surplus clips are some of the best ones still widely available.

Because you're a beef wellington ensemble

Strelok what the fuck?

What the problem is?

Seriously you said it's hard, which it isn't, so frigging explain why you think it's hard.

Figures, a lot of yugo stuff is left blank.

Yugo 8mm just have some really hard primers and is MG ammo that might not function quite right in anything but a MG.

Not him but if you're blasting bambi the bayonet/cleaning rod tend to make noise.

She's a yugo capture I picked up for a song last year. Never had a problem except the safety doesn't want to engage.

I love my Yugo M24/47

I don't know about the cartridges, but their rifles are great

Odd, are you sure you got all the cosmoline out?

Yeah the safety is mismatched to the bolt.

In states like this, with an oversized takedown pin, could you get away with chargers/clips for reloading AR's in a relatively quick manner? Are there stipulations in the law? These are not magazines and not defined by any laws that I know of meeting a storage method that is readily useable. It has to be first inserted into another device before being inserted into a firearm to be useable.

There isn't enough room for the spoon when the magazine's in the rifle, but it would be legal.

Attached: download (2).jpg (375x500, 28.09K)

The spoon being that attachment pictures between the magazine and retainer clip right?

Would there be no way to fashion a device similar but mountable to each clip, so that it would work on a pinned magazine after opening the rifle up? The technology here is super simple I have a hard time believing there's not a way to make this work.

bearflagdefense.com/pages/bf-10
They just have to make a skeletonized version from stamped steel, so it's less bulky and doesn't look like a toy.

How do the feed lips not get in the way when loading from a stripper clip? Their whole purpose is to control how cartridges leave the magazine, so would that not also mean they get in the way when you're putting them in?
When I see people loading detachable magazines in videos, it often appears that they're pushing them in from the front specifically to avoid that same issue.

There's no guide for the stripper clip ordinarily, so the spoon holds it in place. The reason why nobody's made anything to make clip-loading easier is because people usually spring for "featureless" setups that allow for removable magazines, and, for now, there are few ban states that would justify putting forth the R&D. There's also the desperate hope that witholding solutions will dissuade or discourage the average gun-owner's acceptance of a ban.

For single-stack magazines using stripper clips, there's a spring loaded interrupter rather than actual feed lips. There's no way to load a detachable single-stack magazine with a stripper clip because there is no room between the feed lips.
Otherwise, for double-stack or staggered magazines, there's enough room for the cartridge to be pressed straight in between the feed lips.

If you really want to argue semantics, an 'en bloc' clip is distinguished by its integral feed lips. A 'stripper' clip is distinguished by its hanging onto the cartridges by their rim or extractor groove. A 'charger' hangs onto the cartridges by partially or completely encapsulating them.

Attached: four clips and a charger.gif (900x1048, 348.73K)

That's quite possibly the gayest thing I have seen all day. And I just came back from >>>/cuteboys/

Why not just just get an sks instead of some commiefornia neutered wannabe AR-15?
or move to a real state

I live in based Pennsylvania. Just trying to find solutions for other anons

Sks is mostly dried up in California (non jewed prices atleast). There are shit tons of yugos online but they have the launcher device. Getting a yugo in CA or similar will require finding a shop that is willing to weld the gas cut off in place. Most shop's are unwilling to do so but they are out there.