Why do you read false Bible versions instead of the true preserved word of God in the King James Version?

Why do you read false Bible versions instead of the true preserved word of God in the King James Version?

Attached: 9BF4A481-0DDC-4D12-AE94-C46FAB2D3059.jpeg (244x320, 36.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3lwwfCpvXnc?t=4101
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 1438F4CD-89D5-4680-AF70-BCBC6E99B0DA.jpeg (6144x2328 107.2 KB, 2.19M)

Because the KJV is false and the work of Satan.

Because I can't read it, the English language has been changing for four centuries. It's the same reason I don't read much Shakespeare. In a few hundred more years the 1611 KJV will be as unapproachable and cut off from the common vernacular as the Latin Vulgate.

I don't know about the NKJV or if there's any other updates, but if you have suggestions let me know.

Tldr: in less than 100 years the KJV will be half a millennium old, and the language has shifted dramatically

Most if it isn't that hard to read, especially the NT. Just know thou/thee is you singular, and ye is you plural, and you can just google words you don't know.

The problem isn’t that. The problem (especially with the KJV) is a lot of words whose meaning seems obvious, actually meant something completely different when the book was written. However, modern translations are absolutely cucked and horribly mistranslated. The best Bibles for modern English speakers are old ASVs and RVs.

Why in the world would be the KJV the only inspired word of God?

From Prefece to orginal KJV

Yet for all that, as nothing is begun and perfected at the same time, and the latter thoughts are thought to be the wiser: so, if we building upon their foundation that went before us, and being holpen by their labours, do en­deavour to make that better which they left so good; no man, we are sure, hath cause to mislike us; they, we persuade ourselves, if they were alive, would thank us.

AKA KJVO are deusional.

I'm not an american, and KJVism is retarded.

Jehovah's Witnesses's Bible is the true one.

The Bible was written in England
no u

and Da Jesus Book

because jesus didn't speak english. maybe meme pastor k forgot to tell you that

So I need to read an Aramaic Bible?

greek, aramaic, or hebrew yes

You do realize on the day of pentacost they spoke than just 3 languages right?

not one of them being english

Attached: bible god 2.mp4 (540x360 871.26 KB, 440.94K)

No No No

You're not in the driver's seat!

Attached: 1515115825314.jpg (1440x1600, 348.66K)

NLT, can I join the ride?

Attached: 1520407299188442.gif (500x281, 937.56K)

Americans evangelicals seem to be the most into this stuff, not british anglicans.
And let me reformulate.
I'm not part of the anglosphere.
The only reason the KJV is respected is because the translation is kinda faithful, especially when compared to it's more…odd modern alternatives.
But it's silly to think the preserved Word of God, is contained to some Shakespearean English book from 400 years ago, made for anglicans, and taken off Erasmus's little pet project.
In theory, with the grace of God cooperating, you could hire a group of unbiased scholars and get an up-to-date version that's close to, or even better than the KJV today.

Still a masterpiece of the book, for it's historical, literary, and underlying religious value.

Attached: 20180413_214559.jpg (4608x3456, 4.8M)

The Message is the one true Word of God
Only big-brained people can understand its deepness and greatness
Yes.Yes.Yes

Attached: the_message.png (500x676, 118.92K)

Says you.

Attached: Heresy.jpg (800x380, 90.8K)

And why does that matter? So God can have his word in every language in around 33AD but not ones later on?

Ask me how I know you've never read the KJV lol

it's written in modern english, btw

I get that I shouldn't take an image macro so seriously but why should I consider the NIV over anything? I notice that a lot of protestants use it even knowing it has some fairly significant information loss due to trying to render the scripture into today's newspeak.

I read the original greek because all translations are from satan, king james was most likely a homosexual too and a mason

I also distrusted the image macros initially but I spent the past 20 minutes cross checking and confirmed them for myself. I'm now firmly KJVonlyuntilsomeonemakesasimultaneouslyfaithfulandmoderntranslation masterrace.

Well yeah that weird strain of American KJV fundamentalist protestant is all over the place. Particularly in online communities where they can spew heresy in their very own echo chamber. I use a tattered KJV hardcover my great grandmother gave me, but I've seen the NIV quoted more and more frequently online and I was wondering if there was some particular merit to the translation that I'm missing, or if its just some publisher being really aggressive in marketing it. Because to me its looks like the latter.

The idea that any translation can be perfect is false. Languages are different. God confused the tongues for a reason. The original texts of the Bible are (or were, in the case of any lost ones) divinely inspired and inerrant in the original languages. Translations are approximations. Nor are these dead languages perfectly understood today, so learning the languages will only get you so far. You can still get almost all of the meaning from a good translation, which is more than enough.

it doesn't matter if a text is errant or inerrant if a foolish person reads it.
it doesn't matter if a text is errant or inerrant if a wise person reads it.

???

see

Interesting thing about most of the new english versions is that they say that the last 12 verses in Mark 16 aren't found in the originals so they probably aren't scripture. And if you add up all the verses in Mark you get 678 but if you have one of the crappy new versions it's 666 in a book called "mark".

I wonder if anyone's claimed Jesus is the Antichrist because of John 6:66

John 6:66

“From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.”

Spooky

Checked

Very spooky

youtu.be/3lwwfCpvXnc?t=4101

Attached: expose.jpg (1280x720, 157.07K)