Jordan Peterson sues University for 1.5million:Professors compared him to Hitler

Controversial professor and author Jordan Peterson is suing an Ontario university and three of its staff for defamation over remarks allegedly made when a teaching assistant was disciplined for showing a video of him to her class.

Peterson, a University of Toronto psychology professor who has gained international attention for his views on free speech and political correctness, is asking for $1.5 million in damages for comments that were allegedly made “falsely and maliciously” by employees of Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo.

The suit alleges professors Nathan Rambukkana and Herbert Pimlott, and Laurier Equity Office staffer Adria Joel compared Peterson to Adolf Hitler and accused him of being a “charlatan,” among other things, during a private meeting with teaching assistant Lindsay Shepherd, who showed a video of Peterson discussing gender-neutral pronouns to her class.

The statement of claim alleges Wilfrid Laurier University “is vicariously liable for all of the conduct of the individual defendants.”

Shepherd — who filed her own lawsuit against Laurier earlier this month claiming the university behaved negligently and left her unemployable in academia after the incident — recorded the meeting and later posted the audio to YouTube, where anyone who searches Peterson’s name online could be exposed to it, Peterson’s statement of claim said.

thestar.com/news/canada/2018/06/21/jordan-peterson-sues-wilfrid-laurier-university-for-defamation-over-staff-remarks-during-meeting.html

Attached: peterson.jpg (1086x724, 102.4K)

This was said in private and the 3 commie SJWs didn't know they were being recorded

Doesn't matter, only one of the consenting parties needs to consent to recording a conversation between two parties. Get fucked, commie.

You called a commie. Get ready for your defamation lawsuit.
Yeah, and what they said was in private.
Also, only one party needs to record, enjoy your jail.

Guess what hashtag will be brought up during this trial, assuming they don't settle outside of the courtroom?

Attached: Thisgenius.PNG (715x267, 198.3K)

It's hypocritical af, but if he makes these shitters take any kind of financial hit it's a plus in my book.
When you're watching two things you hate go at it just sit back and enjoy.

Attached: 01b13dcc7774435c7554cdd07b4fbe247a96ce184c85204eade98bb61bdc566e.jpg.png (1600x1197, 1.06M)

petersons a jew, we all know that by now.
this is what jews do, they know there is a topic that is hot, and they subvert it and spin it into an issue they are more comfortable with.
then they use their platforms to make it seem like news, and make it seem like "of course, this is what we are interested in, let's here more"

lol got 'em

shut up jewboy

>Give me those bucks for being compared to the most (((evil))) person in existence

Compelled by the gov't, is then becomes tyranny. Only a weaponized useful fool does not understand this.

The absolute state of Zig Forums
< What is Slander
< What is Libel
Look it up you stupid dumb fucks and see why it matters even with free speech.

This basically. Don't be idiots, anons. You can say whatever you want, but there are and will always be consequences to your actions- namely if you make accusations against someone's character, the least you should expect is a duel (or in today's society where duels are banned, a libel/slander lawsuit). Attacks on someone's character (with no basis behind it) for the purpose of damaging one's reputation is a form of property damage. If you can find an example and say "X did/said this" it's not libel/slander, but if X never did/said that, it is if said with the intent to harm his/her character.

I had no idea that Hitler was a member of Gamergate.

"Well that's not absolutely free speech." Essentially, if you don't affect a person's capacity to earn a living, call for harm, or threaten harm, you can say whatever you want. I don't get how this isn't free enough speech.

You are free to say whatever you want. What you say may have consequences. One of them is getting held accountable by the person you've mis-characterized maliciously. Say what you want, but be aware of what you are saying.

If you are calling a professor Hitler all willy nilly in spite of the fact that he's not Hitler or really anything like Hitler you're probably going to get sued. Kind of like if you call someone on the wrong side of town the wrong thing you might get the ever living shit beaten out of you. This is just how people at this level of society handle disputes. It's this or the courts allow it to be settled with violence… which would be undermining the court and its stance against violence so that won't be legal again any time soon.

Go to your nearest kindergarten and start swearing at the kids. The arresting officer will fill you in on the does and don't of free speech.

Attached: 12342614.png (713x242, 76.54K)

It's like he never got called a niggerfaggot on the internet before. Being called Hitler is like someone talking with you about the weather.

what a triggered snowflake lol, doesn't he know that freeze peach is a critical component in feedback?

Attached: 5ce219ac9d11d3cd8c57c8991b3e0028882def48d9f17c09febaa13283047154.jpg (498x492, 76.99K)

No Voldemort? I'm offended!

Kindly gas yourself.

50 paces

Attached: duelling-purdey.jpg (650x309, 44.42K)

it's not just that they said it
It's that they legislated (convened a tribunal Kangaroo court) and acted on it to try to fuck the lady over on Peterson.
And also sjw pull this kinda lawsuit crap all the time. It's only a good thing to use it back on them.

Good, that way we know they were truly speaking their mind when they said what they said.

Get fucked retard, turnabout is fair play. If you aren't willing to use your opponent's tactics against them, you're going to lose.

Oh, so they shouldn't be held accountable because they were acting in good faith that their behavior would never see the light of day.

< Oy vey, why am I being sued for calling someone Hitler? I thought it was OK when we did it.
Peterson did nothing wrong, let the idiots get a taste of their own medicine.

I get the guns, but what is the other shit for?

I have severely mixed feelings on Peterson, but I'm happy to see fear put into SJW professors.

You really lack this knowledge?

Shill, please, fuck off with those strawman arguments

How can he sue someone for privately made comments?
Hell, even if they got up in front of their classes and said this, how is it actionable?
Or is he trying to point out the practical idiocy of the modern Canadian legal system?