EPA stops research on Health Risks of Asbestos Because Trump Believes it's 100% Safe

The Environmental Protection Agency will no longer evaluate asbestos in homes and businesses as a danger or health risk, as Newsweek reports. Scott Pruitt announced the decision last Friday under President Trump, who believes asbestos is “100 percent safe, once applied.”

According to the Abestos Nation Campaign, asbestos kills 12,000 to 15,000 Americans every year. Fifty-five countries have completely banned the use of asbestos in any case, including the United Kingdom, South Africa, Japan and so on, in spite of which the EPA decided it was no longer necessary to evaluate the health risks of this chemical. The EPA will continue to evaluate and require approval for any new introduction or use of asbestos in the environment, but let the already-present chemical remain in schools, houses and public buildings.

The EPA’s decision didn’t draw any backlash from the current administration because it aligns with Trump’s opinions on asbestos—Trump wrote about the chemical in his 1997 book, The Art of the Comeback. He wrote, “I believe that the movement against asbestos was led by the mob, because it was often mob-related companies that would do the asbestos removal. Great pressure was put on politicians, and as usual, the politicians relented.”

A recent report released by Senator Ed Markey from Massachusetts revealed that the government doesn’t have a record of how many schools contain asbestos. Congressman Frank Pallone Jr., a ranking member of the Energy and Commerce Committee, also spoke out against the decision, saying, “EPA’s refusal to address longstanding concerns around the use and disposal of asbestos is further proof that Administrator Pruitt will bend over backwards to help industry, but won’t lift a finger to protect public health.”

pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/06/the-epa-will-no-longer-evaluate-the-health-risks-o.html

Attached: 2017-01-07T15-39-11-466Z--1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 105.31K)

only slumlords don't care about their tenants health

In 2005 in a Congressional testimony. Trump said the WTC wouldn't have burned down if it still had Asbestos in it.

It gives you lung disease
I knew someone who operated an excavator and the brake was made from asbestos.

He would come home with the brakes dust on him

He died of emphysema at 60

I lived in a house with asbestos coated furnace pipes in the basement for 4 yrs(steam heat)

Didn't go down there much, but i have asthma and copd now(ex smoker though)

It's been verified a health hazard for over 30 years…

I mean asbestos does its job and it does it well but the stuff is very dangerous.
Simply being around it can cause harm to you.

every time I see someone attempting to bash trump in the news now, I automatically disregard it as fake news, and I am always right.

Anyone who researched the political motivations for implicating and regulating asbestos is going to be skeptical of a campaign making such wild claims.

Asbestos causes cancer and this knowledge has been knnown for decades. Wasting tax dollars on more research is pointless.

its like the (((media))) is just looking forcanythingvto whine about.

trump also "believes" there's no such thing as climate change, meanwhile, his golf courses are spending money on building walls to protect them from flooding and other expenditures related to climate change.

I feel sorry for you. the last of the trump supporters.

Trump does know a lot about construction.

Its like Grenfell tower.
They put these ultra modern green energy homosexual cladding on the building and tweeted about how they were saving the planet, but instead they roasted all the diverse people inside.

If Trump had built grenfell tower it would have been safe.

I'm a geologist and asbestos can be made safe if properly treated. Chrysotile and crocilodite are the main commercial asbestos minerals and are dangerous due to their friable nature when used in applications without a binding agent to mitigate the ability of the asbestos strands to fragment into airborne particles. In theory it would be entirely possible to use an epoxy to bind the asbestos into a more safe form.
Mesothelioma is the associated cancer caused by inhalation of indigestible mineral particles and is precipitated from a chronic inflammatory response in the lung's tissues. Asbestos isn't the only mineral family that can cause mesothelioma, any mineral that's indigestible by bodily fluids and pulverized into a fine dust can cause the same response. Few people are aware that a mineral as inert, safe, and ubiquitous as quartz can cause silicosis, a fibrosis of the lungs caused by the inhalation of silica particles that can lead to cancer. Silicosis is the reason why one needs to wear a respirator when working with fiberglass insulation, sandblasting, or working around rock grinding machinery.

Undisturbed asbestos IS safe, like lead paint.
If you're not doing anything to it, it can't break into particles that perforate your lung and disrupt cells, causing cancer.

Especially when it comes right out of mouth

Attached: trump mouth.jpg (640x443, 17.36K)

You used this word, so you must really be a geologist.
Is fracking worth it?

I have a collection of minerals and I like to go to the Royal Ontario museum to see the glow in the dark(fluorescent) minerals after I eat some shrooms.

I am an amateur alien geologist

The rock in the bottom pix communicates with me

Attached: Clipboard.jpg (3264x4290, 2.72M)

#MeToo, but I'm a lapidary artist, and you're well, a pretentious prick!
nothing wrong with that!
I have had several of my pieces on the front of the Lapidary Journal. Never meant much to me – including the glowing articles. I would rather visit the museum glow-in-the-dark minerals with you, both of us tripping our brains out on 'shrooms than get acclaim from any normies.

SHIGGY DIGGY COCKSUCKER

Asbestos is the white man's enviromental hazard. It tests the strong and kills the weak. I love how the EPA anti-asbestos faggot cucks are preemptively bending over for Trump, they know they don't want to make him angry. I have coated my two newborn children room with asbestos, and me and my wife always sleep with a small bag of asbestos under the bed.
LONG LIFE TO ASBESTOS
LONG LIFE TO THE GOD EMPEROR

Attached: PicsArt_06-22-08.00.54.png (1000x1000, 1.63M)

Im a depilatory artist who removes hair with a fine tipped gemstone hammer on a phosphorescent Filipino photoluminescent truffle-riddled pigfarm, but I maintain an optimistic Tibetan monk outlook on life, thanks to a diet rich in Himalayan sea salt

that didn't even make any sense

take your meds

E E Cummings

From an economic standpoint, yes, as it makes America less dependent on foreign petroleum and creates lucrative new industrial positions. From and an environmental and public safety standpoint it's not quite as worthwhile. Fracking operations in Oklahoma have lubricated and mobilized dormant faults in the subsurface causing significant earthquake swarms and a few major earthquakes in a region of the North American continent that ought to be tectonically passive and inactive. Beyond that the slickants and hydraulic fluids used to fracture the kerogen producing rock formation are often toxic and regarded as trade secrets, so detailed material safety data sheets are not available for whatever secret sauces the local wildcatters are using to squeeze more petroleum out of the subsurface. Spent fracking operations could quite possibly emit hydraulic fluids from the target deep rock formations into the local water table, tainting the surrounding fluvial system and any person's or business's well water supply.

Frack Yourself

Yakety yak don't talk frack

Let's talk about asbestos

Yeah……

THANK GOD THERE WAS NO ASBESTOS IN THE WORLD TRADE CENTER TOWERS, OTHERWISE THEY MIGHT HAVE CAUGHT ON FIRE

Genius

What's going on in this thread?

Obviously, what Trump meant to say was "THE TWIN TOWERS HAD BEEN CONDEMNED LONG BEFORE THE TERRORIST ATTACKS ON 9/11 FIR ASBESTOS CONTAMINATION, WHICH IS WHY THE BUILDINGS WERE SOLD FOR PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR, AND FIRE HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE COLLAPSE OF BOTH BUILDINGS. WHEN THE BUILDINGS CAME DOWN, THE MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF ASBESTOS GAVE ALL THE FIRST RESPONDERS MESOTHELIOMA"

it was just a slip of the tongue

Attached: Screenshot_20180622-152120.png (1080x1920, 125.59K)

FOR*

Attached: Screenshot_20180622-152721.png (1080x1920, 58.78K)

so in other words, you're saying Trump thinks it's totally safe

I'm not going to be too presumptuous, bet he is probably more concerned with the economics than the environmental ramifications. I would be fine with further fracking operations if the fluids used to fracture the target rocks were made public and regulated for potential toxicity. Waste water dumping into deep rocks from these operations is another issue that should be addressed but probably won't be. The 2020 election is coming up sooner than we think and Trump is probably pretty keen to make good on his employment promises to curry favor from the voters.

Asbestos is a set of six naturally occurring silicate minerals, which all have in common their eponymous asbestiform habit: i.e. long (roughly 1:20 aspect ratio), thin fibrous crystals, with each visible fiber composed of millions of microscopic "fibrils" that can be released by abrasion and other processes. They are commonly known by their colors, as blue asbestos, brown asbestos, white asbestos, and green asbestos.

Inhalation of asbestos fibers can cause serious and fatal illnesses including lung cancer, mesothelioma, and asbestosis (a type of pneumoconiosis). Concern of asbestos-related illness in modern times began with the 20th century and escalated during the 1920s and 1930s. By the 1980s and 1990s, asbestos trade and use were heavily restricted, phased out, or banned outright in an increasing number of countries.

Despite the severity of asbestos-related diseases, the material has extremely widespread use in many areas. Continuing long-term use of asbestos after harmful health effects were known or suspected, and the slow emergence of symptoms decades after exposure ceased, made asbestos litigation the longest, most expensive mass tort in U.S. history and a much lesser legal issue in most other countries involved. Asbestos-related liability also remains an ongoing concern for many manufacturers, insurers and reinsurers.

POTTERS GET WHITE LUNG
From inhaling mineral dust.

so, in other words you're saying that Trump's a fucking faggot?

Asbestos is not inherently toxic you retards. The reason it causes cancer is because it breaks into tiny shards that can scar up your lungs and promote tumor growth when breathed in. Should we use it in insulation anymore? Of course not. But just touching it will not kill you. Trump was right to stop funding on it, its a dead horse at this point, a waste of federal funding,. Have them focus on other shit now

Attached: gL6Wi6N.gif (286x216, 990.78K)

right solution for the wrong reasoning. shoulda stopped it because we know its dangerous, not because you think its 100% safe which trump does. funny coincidence how russia is a top exporter of asbestos. merely a coincidence goy

What the fuck? that shit produces cancer you mongoloid burgers, if you live or work exposed to asbestos for enough time you will inevitably develop it for fucks sake.
There was a movement in my country that had the explicit purpose of banning it's use but the heads of said movements either died of asbestos produced cancer or got killed by goons sent by the construction companies. i swear to god you are turning into a fucking thirdworld by choice alone.

Attached: dad that's moonman.webm (484x360, 2.41M)

Sounds like he's stupid as fuck and shouldn't be in charge of leading anyone, I mean his family didn't come out well. Regardless, caring about -things- more than people is what should warrant kicking people out of the country. Not some label.

yea but think of the money we could make before that happens! then we can abandon the country and let everyone else suffer like brexit leave leaders are doing

Stupidest fucking excuse.

who breaks their walls or remodels their house. hand me my glass of radon water

Even existing it will suffer wear and tear as heat enters and leaves it. People think life is inside of a sterile vacuum sealed lab. Bugs, animals, etc, and a variety of other confounding variables, which these people conveniently leave out or forget, can contribute to the breakdown of asbestos. Only a moron who cares more about their faggot shit that doesn't deserve to live would think it's okay to allow his fellow country men to be exposed to harmful materials, but then the world takes it all by choice for bright lights and shiny things.