Hey fellas, former anti-theist here who became an agnostic, then a deist...

Hey fellas, former anti-theist here who became an agnostic, then a deist, and now someone who would consider himself Christian. I know *very* little about religion and I intend to consult a number of resources. I apologize for my ignorance here, but hopefully you can set me on the right path.

I watched the "Not So Chosen People" series (here's the link to the first video for anyone who hasn't watched it, it's great): youtube.com/watch?v=Nj_3QxIMjKM

After watching the entire series, I'm convinced that Jews aren't god's chosen people. The video outlines (with biblical references) that Abraham blesses Isaac, that Isaac blesses Jacob and that Jacob blesses Joseph and not Judah. According to the video, anyone who descends from the tribe of Judah is a Jew (this seems to agree with that assertion: blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?t=kjv&strongs=h3064).

My point of confusion is that, according to Matthew 1:1, Jesus was a descendent of David. According to Ruth 1:2, David was only part Jew as he was also a descendant of Ephram (1 Samuel 17:12 makes the same point). Rachel was buried in Jerusalem which would be of significance to Joseph/Ephraim, not Judah. Micah 5:2 says that the messiah will be come from Bethlehem Ephratah. The implication the video makes is that the messiah might come from Judah, but that Jesus is a descendent of Joseph as well. Furthermore, having never read the bible, I'm likely taking this out of context (so please correct me if I'm wrong), but Revelation 5:5 seems to be calling Jesus the lion of Judah. So, even if Jesus is only part Judean, he *is* the messiah. Does that not, to some extent, make Judeans (or Jews) God's chosen people, then? If Jesus was part Judean why wouldn't the descendants of Judah also be blessed?

I guess what confuses me is that Judah was not blessed by Jacob. Yet, Jesus was at least partly Judean. I'm having trouble reconciling these two views.

Attached: 1518507635591.png (790x939, 369K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/results?search_query=bill koenig
amazon.com/Humility-Pride-Metropolitan-Hilarion-Dorostolski/dp/1450220754/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1523899756&sr=1-1).
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oops, I meant to say Rachel was buried in Bethlehem, not Jerusalem. Sorry!

Judah was also the name of a physical nation. When Israel split in a civil war, the one that still honored God was Judah, whereas Israel turned to Baal. Also,
You answered your own question. Jesus is Lord of all, including Judah. Whether or not His subjects recognize His authority is another matter.

Jews still have a part to play in the End Times and the New Testament still maintains the distinction between jews and gentiles, so while i'm not a dual-covenant fag, i still think they have a special place in the big picture.

The followers of Judaism aren't the Biblical jews though. They're Khazarian (and many other ethnicity) converts. The purest descendants of Judah are probably somewhere in Germany as far as we know. So no, giving Israel free shit won't make the rapture come.

Here we go…
The religion is both matrilinear and converts are also considered part of the faith. Has always been so.
So, the great sign of the return of Jesus, that will shock the world will be… a bunch of Ossis will start going to church.
Marvelous.
I just love you guys. If an opinion even vaguely hints at anything regarding modern jews, you get triggered, and go full-on damage control and sprouting memes.
LIES! FAKE JEWS. KHAZARS AND TALMUDIC RAPEBABIES! I BET YOU ARE AN AMERICAN EVANGELICAL ZIONIST THAT ENROLLED TO DIE FOR ISRAEL, TOO!!!1!11

Judaism is just another rando religion. It's not the covenant of Moses. Judaism came after Christianity. Bloodlines in the covenant of Moses are patrilineal. Unless there's something special about some mutts who reject Jesus I don't see their importance in the end times.

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.(Romans 11:16-27)

So, conversion of the jews will come, at one point.

They aren't the same people. Just convert them now instead of waiting for the end times for winnie the pooh's sake. (yes, that was intentional.) We don't have to keep a bunch of heretical mutts around for Jesus to come back.

When you were an anti-theist are you sure you're not an actually anti-christian?

OP, this is the only resource you need.

Attached: bible-readme.jpg (500x749, 420.27K)

[Schismates internally]

Actual Jew by descent here, turned Christian. You're wrong on that count. Jewishness was patrilineal until about the destruction of the Temple.

By their fruits you will know them.

OP, I know you're trying to get to the truth, but some things we really won't know in this life and sometimes we have to accept that. Anyways, I suggest you watch some videos by Bill Koenig and see what he has to say regarding the Jewish people and the nation of Israel: youtube.com/results?search_query=bill koenig

Attached: 1825655.jpg (306x475, 29.13K)

What happened to he who blesses them will be blessed? America has done nothing but bless Israel for decades and all we got was ethnic replacement and horrible degeneracy.
Shut up, kike. Claiming to be holy while claiming the Russians weren't was what (((they))) did before genociding them.

So why hasn't Americans voted to push back against the legalization of abortion and gay marriage? Why haven't you done anything to protest abortion and gay marriage? You're more concerned about being a racist, than to confront the actual evils in this world. It's simply because Americans deep down inside cherish and love sin. God blessed America for all these years, you guys were the economic and political superpower, yet you've taken God's blessings and ran after the devil with it.

Read the Bible and see what happened to the nations of Israel and Judah repeatedly. God blessed the Israelites, then they fall into sin, and then into captivity, they cry out to God and God rescues them. This happens repeatedly.

You're making some mighty assumptions there.
Hopefully God saves the US, but I think it will come through God and not some Christian exterminating bankers telling us how chosen they are.

I have every election year so 've I was old enough to vote.

Nice bait.

I don't know about what you watched but regardless Jews stopped being the Chosen people when Christ came. It was then Israel became the entirety of the Church and not just ethnic Jews. This was one of the reasons why they hated him so much.

Also Judaism is a false religion, there is no such thing. Christ came, then the old covenant became the new covenant, the old has no existence so to say anymore. Judaism as we know today is the rebellion of the Pharisees. Judaism as in the faith of Abraham is Christianity. When God said to Abraham "your seed will be as numerous as the stars" it was not just his physical blood seed, it was also his spiritual seed.

If you want to learn about Christianity read the Bible, Church Fathers, Lives of Saints, and the such. Things on virtues as well, pride and humility are pretty important(amazon.com/Humility-Pride-Metropolitan-Hilarion-Dorostolski/dp/1450220754/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1523899756&sr=1-1). Pride is something alot of people struggle with and you really have to deal with it and know what it is.

If you know of the Traditionalists or have read them Father Seraphim Rose has also and works from that standpoint, but he is very heavy reading wise so you might wanna read him after the other stuff.

Rapture won't happen. Revelation says that "rapture" will happen after everybody has suffered, Christians will have to suffer with the world dying to, in fact it already is (Global Warming, Loss of Foliage/Air Quality, Sin spreading like wildfire, all these things.) Rapture was made up by Demons. When a seemingly perfect man, Handsome, Smart, all these things, preaching a doctrine that is very appealing and seems true, many people will rationalize "This must be the Christ! The Rapture hasn't happened!"

Again, in that case, who are these non-gentiles that will convert?
And how did not wanting to convert them followed from my post?

It's talking about all of Israel, not specifically Judah. Some of Israel will leave the faith and become jealous of their faithful brethren (unironic Christian Chad vs virgin atheist.) They will then see their way is better and convert. The problem with modern jews is they are essentially an inversion of the Biblical prophecies for Israel, which is a good litmus test to see if someone has read their Bible. They have become wealthy after abandoning Christ. They practice usury but the Bible predicts Israel will receive from usurers instead of practicing it (the early church and its """jewish""" lending slaves.) So going by the Bible it seems the actual Israel is contained somewhere within Christendom and modern """jews""" are just gentiles. This means in order for all of Israel to convert the modern jews have to first, instead of the church foolishly labeling them a protected group and not proselytizing them or treating them like heretics.

lmao absolutely dropped

b u m p

This is similar to what I've heard in the (limited) research I've done. I've heard that the Pharisees are essentially the ancestors of the Jews today and that they eventually began moving outwards and interbreeding with Europeans.

The video(s) I watched made a similar point. The only part where I would disagree (based on the information I obtained from the video) is that the Judeans are Israelites. However, Judah, it seems was more villainous in nature (Genesis 37:26; 37:28; Genesis 38:15-16). This is starkly different from how Joseph is portrayed (Genesis 37:2-3; Genesis 48:4). And Genesis 48:20 says that Ephraim and Manasseh will be blessed by Israel –– Joseph's sons, not Judah. And it's repeated in 1 Chronicles 5:1-2.

When I was an anti-theist, I was against all religion and I didn't believe in God. Yes, I criticized Christianity, but I also criticized Islam and Judaism. I'm not sure why this is relevant as I'm well past that stage. That was about 6 years ago. I deeply regret ever being one.

I do intend to read the Bible, user. It's a shame I haven't. I went to a Christian school and so I'm somewhat familiar with the contents of the Bible, but that doesn't do it justice. I do need to sit down and give it a complete read-through. And a few more at that to better understand the contents of the Bible.

I don't know what God would do and I'm not well-versed in Christianity so I won't speak in religious terms, but I really do think the US deserves to be punished. I'm an American, but there's no denying that over the last ~70 years or so, America has become an evil empire. We promote degeneracy of all sorts.

It's not that I doubt what you're saying, but do you have a source (like a biblical citation or something)?
> If you want to learn about Christianity read the Bible, Church Fathers, Lives of Saints, and the such. Things on virtues as well, pride and humility are pretty important(amazon.com/Humility-Pride-Metropolitan-Hilarion-Dorostolski/dp/1450220754/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1523899756&sr=1-1). Pride is something alot of people struggle with and you really have to deal with it and know what it is.
Thanks for the reading recommendations, user. I'll definitely look into all of these. I have a lot of theological books on my reading list and I'd be happy to add more on the topic!

To his defense, he rationalizes his statement by saying that whites have been the ones who have been blessed with intellect, innovation, etc. I think the fifth video on the series touches more on the whole "Noah was white." I'm not sure if it's in the video that I linked or one of the other ones in the series, but the guy who made the video argues that on the 4th day, God created mankind, but in Genesis 2, only Adam and Eve exist. And in the story of Cain and Abel, it's said that Cain feared others finding out that he killed Abel. But if he and Abel were the sons of Adam and Eve, who else would be able to find out? The guy who made the video addressed this apparent discrepancy by claiming that there were two "lineages" (my words, not his) and that those who didn't descend from Noah were "barbaric" (again, my words, not his) in nature. Watching the video in its entirety would do this guy's argument infinitely more justice than I ever could.

….do we actually have Zionist shills here now? The ABSOLUTE state of this board.

Do you really have to ask at this point?

Attached: 82446919544f94347bbcbb1e7167553a695128ecb52882bb9f59ff276e5c7299.png (2076x2134, 1.27M)

This is why no one takes Christianity seriously anymore and so many are leaving the faith. It looks like atheism plus fairytales to most people. Only the most traditional households are respectable anymore and you never hear about those.

Romans 11:16-24
And Luke-Acts (which is a single work) emphasises that the Church is the true Israel.

Well put, my friend. This is why we Christians need to be informed about our faith, doctrine and holy book and stand firm in our actions, words and beliefs. Sometimes it garners dislike, but sometimes even the secular people think of you as a commendable man.

I fully agree.

It's an un-Christian ideal that leads the Jews even further from Christ. So yeah it's bad.

Woman should not have authority over men. The Bible makes that clear. Things like education and freedom of choice are more up for grabs though unrestrained "freedom" is often bad for both men and women.

I'm not sure what you're quoting here but I agree on this one. Racism and Christianity don't mix.

Who doesn't take it seriously? Secular westerners? As if bowing down to their ever more perverse and decadent demands will make them love us. You should really consider why you seem deadset on siding with the world against your fellows in Christ.

Huh?
Huh?
They'll love us once we put our foot on the ground and stop caving to them.

Attached: fry.jpg (604x453, 41.64K)