Netflix Fires PR Chief After Use of N-Word in Meeting

In lengthy internal memo, CEO Reed Hastings addressed letting go top communications executive Jonathan Friedland: "His descriptive use of the N-word on at least two occasions at work showed unacceptably low racial awareness and sensitivity."

Netflix is letting go of its top communications spokesman.

Jonathan Friedland, who's served as the streaming giant's chief communications officer for the past six years, is out at the company after "insensitive" remarks he made to his team. Sources say that Friedland used the N-word in a meeting with other Netflix staffers, some of whom later reported the incident. Per insiders, Netflix CEO Reed Hastings sent a company-wide email explaining Friedland's firing around 12:45 p.m. PT on Friday (see below for the full memo.)

Friedland, a former Disney executive, first joined Netflix in February 2011 as vp global corporate communications, and was promoted to the top comms role the following year. A replacement for Friedland has yet to be named.

"I’m leaving Netflix after seven years," said Friedland in a statement to The Hollwood Reporter. "Leaders have to be beyond reproach in the example we set and unfortunately I fell short of that standard when I was insensitive in speaking to my team about words that offend in comedy. I feel awful about the distress this lapse caused to people at a company I love and where I want everyone to feel included and appreciated. I feel honored to have built a brilliant and diverse global team and to have been part of this collective adventure in building the world’s leading entertainment service."

In his post, Friedland oversaw media and content publicity for the streamer's original series, films and specials in 190 countries around the world. In addition to previously serving as senior vp corporate communications at The Walt Disney Co., Friedland was also formerly a foreign correspondent and editor for The Wall Street Journal and Far Eastern Economic Review.

The shake-up comes as Netflix, led by Hastings, ended the first quarter with 125 million subscribers worldwide, with expectations to add 6.2 million in the second quarter. Just last week, the company's shares closed 3 percet higher to a new record of $404.98, even as the broader markets fell. The platform has been increasingly pushing into international territories and expanding its roster of originals to include more unscripted content of late.

hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/jonathan-friedland-exits-netflix-1122675?__twitter_impression=true

Attached: jonathan_friedland_0.jpg (928x523, 51.57K)

Heh

Shit's getting complicated, man.

Attached: head-scratching.png (612x349, 230.9K)

Attached: 1454601290461.png (963x699, 1.05M)

Rats is worse than bigots

Damn, I am glad I cancelled my netflix subscription quite a while ago.
This is ridiculous.

Okay my nigger

Black people don't spell white like that

He's the company's public face and failed to contain his spaghetti. Blacks have money too. The company's responsibility is to make money. They did nothing wrong. Also he looks like a RL MIlton Waddams on blow.

plot twist: he just texted a cute anime gril image macro saying aw shit nigga to his board friends

lol niggers

You must never have been to nigger Twitter.

Imagine being so privledged that you feel you can restrict a word from someone elses vocabulary, in their native language.

He lied.
He called his underlings 'niggers', because he thought it made him look cool.
I hope the rat who exposed him chokes on it's cheese

He meant spell like IRL, or at least that's what i thought
Niggers spell it like "wah" or "wat" when in distress, they usually spell it right but in a higher tone voice and slowly to always add an edge to a remark, usually aggressive

It's obviously not the real reason he got fired. Once you get to that level people are doing shady shit all over the place and you gotta cover things up.

Dude probably got caught stealing or something.

Most likely stealing a child's innocence, as per the rules in hollywood

jews getting a taste of their own medicine.

why their race is destined to go extinct, poor behavior leading to self destruction.

testes

Attached: 85befa3e91eb13406ab84bf3caf271a5f72cd5c0371854294a3a9fc839d031d9.jpg (435x269, 38.95K)

'Nigger'.
As in 'Negger'.
As in 'Negro'.
As in 'Black'.
As in the color.
Africans are not "niggers".
Black-pilled nihilist faggot like those who complained are "niggers".
DOUBLE NIGGERS

Exactly.

nigger:
to be niggardly
to be thieving, knifing, and deceitful