Is this good? Is there anything better for the Orthodox perspective?

Is this good? Is there anything better for the Orthodox perspective?

Attached: 51Q ZMVMhpL.jpg (331x500, 53.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hotca.org/
ctosonline.org/
oca.org/orthodoxy/the-orthodox-faith
geocities.ws/r_grant_jones/Rick/Septuagint/sp_OSB_notes1.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hotca.org/

ctosonline.org/

Try to avoid World Orthodoxy, use True Orthodox material.

I'm not Orthodox yet (not even baptized), and I won't read a Bible in english for now (it's not my main language), so I can't really help you about it.
But you could complete with this! It's great, really insightful and did a great job explaining the basics of the Orthodox faith.
oca.org/orthodoxy/the-orthodox-faith

You have like 2 members. There isn't even a parish listing. TOP KEK!!!

Attached: 4b3b577dea4fd55aec5cbbda35bc409b4423353403a6e54a4e54ba1157dcb82c.mp4 (852x480, 1.71M)

I recommend it as a Bible even if you are not Orthodox

I own it, get it. It's worth it.

KJV, NKJV, Russian Synodal Bible

I've heard that the EOB is a significant step up from the OSB for the New Testament, so you might look into that.

Probably the best ot English translation currently although an interlinear of the Septuagint is best. EOB and that other new literal translation for new testament.

Douay Rheims for st Jerome vulgate

I heard that parishes in America usually prefer RSV for the OT and NKJV for the NT.

Orthodox Study Bible is good if it's your first time reading the Bible though, because of the notes. As a translation of the LXX, I heard it's garbage.

I like it cause of its English translation easy to understand, and the nice foot notes help a lot. So i'd recommend it.

Why in particular, is it's translation of the LXX garbage?

True, the New Testament in the OSB is just the NKJV, but the notes do clarify when a word should be translated differently.

I'm looking to get it mainly for the foot notes. I've got many different Bible editions, including interlinear Greek NT. The EOB looks quite nice, I might opt for that, although I would like some OT orthodox commentary.

If it's the footnotes you're interested in it's pretty good. My only complaints are that Western theology in small amounts is present(penal substitionary atonement)

After you get done with this I highly recommend reading Scripture commentary by St Theophylact and St John Chrysostom

geocities.ws/r_grant_jones/Rick/Septuagint/sp_OSB_notes1.htm

a example of modern day donastists

Stop shitting up this board faggot!

Very interesting as I've been reading about this recently and was impressed with the Eastern position and how it agrees with the church fathers and the work of anthropologist Rene Girard.

Do you know if this is present in the EOB?

you really have to ask?

Attached: faithgoldy.JPG (1348x714, 93.64K)

It's nice because the footnotes are brief and readable.

Holy Apostles Convent translation would be the True Orthdox Bible Version although it has only NT and Psalms

euphrosynoscafe.com/forum

True Orthodoxy is very small in numbers and very dispersed geographically around the world.

Attached: Carlos.jpg (292x320, 18.76K)

If you want to understand the bible, seek an orthodox teacher/exegesis.
Everyone else is liable to catastrophic errors.

one could read church father commentaries

Kinda off topic, but which Vulgate is the best?

It's the best Bible, period.