2nd Spanish church falls prey to well-intentioned restorer,500 yr old painting destroyed

For 500 years, the painted wooden effigy of St George that adorns a chapel in the Spanish town of Estella has been locked in a silent struggle against his old foe, the dragon.

Today, however, the saint faces a different battle thanks to a feat of restoration that has prompted comparisons with the infamous “Ecce Homo Monkey Christ” and exasperated the mayor.

An attempt to freshen up the 16th-century polychrome statue has left St George with a rosy pink face and a bold, red-and-grey suit of armour. The restoration is believed to have been carried out by a handicrafts teacher at the request of the parish authorities of the Church of St Michael.

The mayor of Estella, which lies south-west of Pamplona in the Navarre region, is demanding to know why the council was not consulted before the work went ahead.

Koldo Leoz told the Guardian: “The parish decided on its own to take action to restore the statue and gave the job to a local handicrafts teacher. The council wasn’t told and neither was the regional government of Navarre.”

The mayor said he had been to see the statue and was not happy with the result. “It’s not been the kind of restoration that it should have been for this 16th-century statue. They’ve used plaster and the wrong kind of paint and it’s possible that the original layers of paint have been lost.”

Leoz said experts had been called in and were checking whether it would be possible to undo the restoration work and restore the statue to its previous state.

Six years ago, a well-intentioned woman’s attempts to restore a fresco of the scourged Christ in a church in the north-eastern Spanish city of Borja went viral, with her efforts dubbed “the worst restoration in history”.

See 2nd post for the infamous “Ecce Homo Monkey Christ” restoration

archive.is/uoQS5

Attached: 2560.jpg (620x372, 31.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/artanddesign/2012/aug/22/spain-church-mural-ruin-restoration
scribd.com/document/289080187/Practical-Idealism-rough-English-translation-Cudenhove-Kalergi
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Somewhere in the north-eastern Spanish city of Borja, an elderly woman is probably praying that the road to hell is not really paved with good intentions.

There can be little doubt that the woman, identified only as an octogenarian local, was just trying to help when she noticed that the face of the scourged Christ on the wall of a small church in the city was looking a bit faded, and decided to freshen it up a bit.

Sadly for her – and Elías García Martínez, the 19th-century artist who painted the mural – her brush skills were not quite up to the job.

The unnamed amateur has transformed what was once a pleasant, if unremarkable, Ecce Homo into something that more closely resembles a bloated hedgehog than the image of Jesus before Pilate.

The press have dubbed her efforts "the worst restoration in history" and "a botched job", and the Borja authorities fear they are right.

According to the local paper, El Heraldo de Aragón, the damage inflicted on the mural in the church of the Santuario de la Misericordia is being investigated by experts, but the artist's descendants are said to be unhappy that an individual decided to take the restoration job into her own hands and fear her handiwork is irreversible.

theguardian.com/artanddesign/2012/aug/22/spain-church-mural-ruin-restoration

Attached: ecce-homo-spain.jpg (810x540, 116.95K)

Meme potential alert. Restored version in op's pic could fit well with 'I've seen some things". Alternative usage: "show me your o-face".

I feel like this is something only women would do.
A man would simply admit hes not able to do it.

THIN YOUR PAINTS

well fuck

and a woman needs to show that she could do it

lel
if modern art wasnt all shit and tax scams by jews this wouldnt be such a large deal because good art would constantly be replenished

op pic totally fucking loses original perspective.

but worst thing is, them eyes go from something not brown to mudslime/nigger brown.

It's a statue. The only perspective here is the camera.

play on railroad tracks

Looks like some armor made out of Crocs

I personally don't believe it at all.

The helmet is different. The Wall's distressed imperfections & stains are different.

Even if the camera was at a slightly different angle, it still doesn't appear to be the same statue…………..

Not only is the helmet's visor different, but the actual height and configuration aren't correct…….

I say B U L L S H I T ! ! ! . . . .

yeah….

PROVE IT

Turns out it's true and the statue is only 8 inches tall

In other words nobody gives a fuck

I pissed my self when I read the article and looked at the restoration

It was only a drop of piss(or 2), but I did piss.

THIN YOUR PAINTS

Eh, not as bad as Ecce Homo, but it's still awful.

Even a 40k fan can do a better job.

do you use a footstool to reach high shelves?

oddly enough, you never needed to bend over while fellating me

I wonder (((who))) else thinks like this?

Attached: juden4.jpg (329x450, 20.14K)

It was a jew

fuck off imcucky, you're as irrelevant as joey needledick

oddly enough, you never needed to bend over while fellating me

By the way, have I mentioned the 'fellating me' deal?

Wait, does this mean we get a season 4 of morel orel?

Attached: season 4 is coming yes.jpg (320x320, 19.23K)

I realize the lack of usernames makes it difficult to realize this reddit, but I am a different person.

Also jews are heavily involved in money laundering in all forms. Then they bitch about the bad goyim using bitcoin to not pay a third of their income to g-d's chosen in taxes.

go away little man

Beautiful

Attached: a79c9e40253c928dadb1412289b9da93.jpg (320x240, 75.54K)

I laffed for 10 mins.
The old crone is clueless.

Dumb people are more dangerous than evil ones.

Don't let them near anything important

Clever way to destroy icons you dislike.
Throw in a splash of humor and people will naturally assume incompetence rather than malice, in line with that favorite saying of leftists:

Proof that even here, among the self-identifying "red pilled", the humor approach works to perfectly conceal iconoclasts' actions.
What is actually known about the "restorers"?
Who are they? What are their names? What race are they? Which religion do they follow? Do they have -berg in their surnames?

Donations hard at work. What a joke of a church. Who cares about some vanity pieces their very own religion would argue is an idol. But hey, let's conveniently ignore/change shit up. Bunch of faggots are going to get it soon.

Actual quote:
"The man of the future will be of mixed race. Today's races and classes will gradually disappear owing to the vanishing of space, time, and prejudice. The Eurasian-Negroid race of the future, similar in its appearance to the Ancient Egyptians, will replace the diversity of peoples with a diversity of individuals."
>scribd.com/document/289080187/Practical-Idealism-rough-English-translation-Cudenhove-Kalergi

Not better, this guy was scum. But that quote ought to be accurate.

Modern art comes from the 19th and 20th centuries you retarded nigger

I wonder (((who))) could be behind this post?

Doesn't make it any less shit.

This user is right.

nobody's mentioning

that Jesus never existed
that Christians are delusional
that this statue is worthless
that this story means nothing

FUCK THIS STATUE
FUCK JESUS
FUCK CHRISTIANITY
FUCK ALL RELIGIONS

Whatever happened to the guy who did this today?

Make an anime Jesus

How much did your Rabbi pay you to post that?

Thanks for your input, Louis.

Attached: post_impressionism_4.jpg (336x400, 43.8K)

Looks like the church got invaded by a Dark Spirit

Attached: 199-0-1493397036.jpg (1680x1050, 483.37K)

Attached: 2di1ur.jpg (620x372, 46.1K)

Attached: bdf62877f5a2f436723dc95061b249d5477a272b0b630a6b32cc9033bc8de8a6.jpg (620x372, 12.04K)

The Justice Of The Angels

Attached: 7777777angels.png (560x388, 30.83K)

lol

Attached: meme.jpg (620x372, 116.84K)

This is the 1%'s theme song

Is that a jewish sabotage ?

You can download a tool for paint.net that allows you to apply a drop shadow that can be used as an outline on text if you make text a separate layer from the underlying picture.

He looks so youthful now, he ans be called St Boy George.

Attached: 18af9afe202e47ee82908069ee8979a3--boy-george-boy-boy.jpg (453x694, 45.37K)

That restoration.
My Eyes!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: newnic.jpg (678x381, 28.6K)

What she did to that statue is a crime….yeeeech.

Attached: andy restored.png (620x372, 588.6K)

That would be european paganism. Christianity doesn't discriminate among races. If you actually read the new testament, if you follow jesus then you're an honorary jew.

I've seen a plenty of catholic churches that probably refuse anyone to lay a finger on their ancient images, perhaps they're learning Spainards mistakes.

le tip

(((accident)))