Intrusive thoughts

What's the christian perspective on intrusive thoughts?

Attached: intrusive thoughts - drop the baby.png (600x315, 133.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

olmcfssp.org/uploads/Scrupulosity_7.15.12.pdf
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiotrophic_fungus
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_computing
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuromelanin
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/12427896/
visualstudiomagazine.com/articles/2013/12/01/neural-network-training-using-particle-swarm-optimization.aspx?m=1
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CRISPR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They are not to be engaged. Keep going with your prayer of the heart.

Just shrug them off and move on. You aren't a bad person for experiencing fleeting Winnie the Poohed up thoughts, and it probably isn't even a demon, just your own brain keeping you on your toes by acting like an edgy teenager. Everyone has fleeting bad thoughts. If you give them too much attention or worry about them too much you're just wasting your time. Just ignore them and move on.

Intrusive thoughts are just your brain saying "See this? Don't winnie the pooh do it". They are normal, everyone has them.

I haven't had intrusive thoughts in years. I wonder why.

many are demonic

I've suffered from them due to OCD on many occasions but things have gotten better. Realize they are not who you are and you have control over your own actions.

Can saved people be possessed?

People in communion with the Eucharist of the Catholic/Orthodox Church? No. Anyone else? Fair game.

as for the topic, here's a good tract on scrupulosity, which is what really is being discussed here:

olmcfssp.org/uploads/Scrupulosity_7.15.12.pdf

Some could be due to our fallen nature/original sin.

I get them all the time. Random thoughts of anger. Deep anger. Also things pointing our people's physical appearance is common or (lack of) intelligence. I realize I'm not a nice person at all

Either concupiscence, habit or demonic influence. Or two, three of them at once. Nothing that prayer and mortification (within true sacramental life) cannot overcome.

There were few saints that were possessed and died possessed. God allowed it so that they may merit more by even heavier cross.

I'm interested, tell me more. Would St. Anthony count as one of them? He got tormented by a bunch of demons, right?

Well, he was not possessed. This form of demonic is called oprsession I think.
From modern saints who were trully possessed we have Father Giovanni Calabria and Sister Mary of Jesus Crucified.

Are demonic intrusive thoughts enough to ask for help from exorcist?

all kinds of useless thoughts pop off on our heads, but we have this higher order of thought which enables us to think about our thoughts, an arbiter over which thoughts are useful or not. Just because some thought comes out doest mean you have to follow its lead. Its useless? you purge it. If you do it regularly that kind of thought will stop appearing on your head.
For example, if you have self-deprecating thoughts, instead of meddling on them which will cascade into more bad thoughts and physical unease provoked by the chemicals that though induces, as soon as one pops off you purge it, its that simple. discipline your brain.

Either mental issues or demonic influences.

Probably not

Give this some more thought.

(checked)

Nah, unless you start speaking dead languages fluently (Latin, Aramaic, etc) or doing supernatural shit (floating etc) the Catholic Church won't send an exorcist.

Exorcists are actually in low supply in the Church, yet they get calls everyday for people to have them. The Church thinks the increase is due to the advent of the Internet.

Attached: bD2qxmgZe8FZkDcwg3RLbY-320-80.jpg (320x180, 8.53K)

I was just going to ask about this.
While with my friends in the foothills, I almost lit a paper bag on fire and let the wind carry it away, which probably would have started a huge fire.
I was moving my old pair of brass knuckles from my friends house to mine when I saw a toddler with its parents, and I thought about putting them on and socking the toddler in the face.
I think all the time about saying the most repulsive things to the people I love.
Will I really be held responsible for the things I think of doing?

This.
It's no big deal.

That would have probably helped the local flora, the absence of forest fires is wholly man-made. Just as an example, the giant redwood can't release its seeds if the forest doesn't burn.

How do I purge these thoughts? I've got some intrusive thoughts that cause me to brood and keep getting angry over stuff my fiance does, even if it is weeks later. Hell… Some stuff I'm still mad about, and it's coming into a year since it happened.

I'm at least ninety percent sure that chris hates you all

Yes, and the holier you are the more demonic attention you attract.

Checked
You need this
Chris loves you

Attached: IMG_3158.JPG (960x603 70.75 KB, 104.69K)

Chris loves you. Typo. Sorry all

Yeah well Chris is a jerk. Tell him his name is a lady's name when you see him.
if you're gonna try to get a rise out of us atleast spell right, dummy.

Attached: b8 of babylon.png (625x626, 7.16K)

Typo , merely a typo. Meant crist

I'm not a homosexual. I'm a girl (female).

Do you have christ in you user?

Crist? As in Cristine?

Do you have christ in you too?

Cheesus Crice
Do you have Jesus inside of you?

Awwwwww where did you all go?
You don't need jesus inside of you? He wants to be inside you
UNCUCK YOURSELVES FOR CHRISTS SAKE

What are the most common intrusive thoughts that christians face?

mentally ill people with strange posting styles need to banned on SIGHT. all you do is make people not want to post you weirdo

My state is stable and sane and happy to be here
I'm mocking your semitic deity worship

You are weird and need to go away
Anyhow I'd love or if anybody can tell.me.how to get rid of intrusive thoughts that .make me brood over stuff my fiance does.

That is a funny way of saying "don't mind me I'm a drooling retard"
bait better, fag

Attached: 27ad8b2660f8b06821038b38ba18a16ccdd505473ae7aaac693fdae9747ded58.png (500x294, 23.43K)

Checked dubs
Read what you just wrote. Do you not have control over your own thoughts? That is classic dementsi behavior

Attached: IMG_3138.GIF (400x224, 2.76M)

Hey user this is low quality bait, are you drunk?

Attached: 1521994377436.jpg (871x939, 415.56K)

Not as well as I should. Generally I'm fine and happy, but suddenly I remember something that he did that made me upset and I get upset again and can't stop thinking about it…

???
Oh that explains it. Shadilay my fellow kekistani.
>>>/reddit/

ID filtered and reported. Come back when you aren't posting two year old dead memes, sweetie.

jokes write themselves huh

Standard procedure, i guess.

I have a sad story on this.

When I was 12 I developed a yuge intrusive thought about invoking satan. I was unable to sleep for weeks because I believed that I could invoke satan just by thinking in it. I am now 33 and I see it as something "funny" but back then it was horrifying.

I'm glad you asked because I've oft wondered about this. I have intrusive thoughts, and some nervous tics, which I can actually control, which rules out tourettes, I just feel compelled to perform them, and doing so alleviates it. One of the tics is actually to perform the sign of the cross. And I'm a protestant. I think I picked it up when I was younger from The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly.
But on the intrusive thoughts, they're usually just things that force themselves into my brain, things that are grotesque, or violent. But often times while praying, or reading scripture, I'll think blasphemy. Insults towards Christ or God. It is, by my reasoning, something broken in my mind relating to the usual forms of self censorship, ie "Don't do or say bad things while holding a Bible/praying" and so my brain says,"Oh like -this?-"

Attached: Caracalla.jpg (540x720, 53.59K)

St. Alphonsus (c. 1755): “Let us remember that the devil labors hard to disturb us in the time of meditation in order to make us abandon it. Let him, then, who omits mental prayer on account of distractions be persuaded that he gives delight to the devil. It is impossible, says Cassian, that our minds should be free from all distractions during prayer. Let us, then, never give up meditation, however great our distractions may be. St. Francis de Sales says that if in mental prayer we should do nothing else than continually banish distractions and temptations, the meditation is well made.”

Attached: st-alphonsus-liguori.jpg (740x493, 156.31K)

(i) The mind's random sheet
(ii) demons

If a thought passes through your mind, then it's not sin. I don't recall where in the Bible it clarified this, but I believe a distinction was made. However, if you dwell upon that thought and let it fester, then you are definitely sinning as per Jesus Christ's teaching. Flee from sin.

Also found this video helpful.

Anyone hear have had experiences with HOCD?
Is it common for Christians?

Driving out daemons in His name like it is AD 30.

Do exorcists get special training or anything, or is any regular priest qualified to be an exorcist?
t. non-catholic.

Attached: max-1mb.gif (240x184, 230.34K)

Just keep on praying and ignore them.
Also, why did you post the edit of that pic? Here's the original.

Attached: shieeeet.jpg (610x318, 78.93K)

BASTE

In theory yes, but not every priest is chosen to become an exorcist.
You need a very devout man, one of almost sinless nature and good conscience since it's known that demons possessing people will taunt you with your unforgiven/unconfessed sins and/or guilty conscience.
I also heard something about demons 'hunting' for you if you exorcise much so you need an active and strong prayer life.
It's definitely not for the faint of heart.

I also heard something about demons 'hunting' for you if you exorcise much so you need an active and strong prayer life.

Can confirm.
Same thing in the East.
t. orthodox

While we are on topic of excorsim, whats yall's take on demonology? In a sense of learning about them so we can protect ourselves agianst them and not worshiping them.

For example, Mammon. The demon of "love of money".

Attached: investors-and-mammon-ay4w5d.jpg (640x1106 130.12 KB, 182.09K)

Not worth it. You must be very versed in Christian theology to see through all the lies. Demonology/occult stuff has 1 goal: to entice you with "freedom" from God, and the "freedom" to endorse a vice.

How common or uncommon is automatic thoughts/intrusive thoughts that are blaspheming God?

Aramaic isn't dead.

It's the work of 'satan'. You can tell the difference between your thoughts and what has been implanted by humming in your mind. Something as simple.as 'ohhhhhhhhhh' or 'ahhhhhhhh' will cause it to try and speak over you. You should only have one inner monologue.

Yes. It is a weapon. You need to ignore the voices. It is related to your rash.

Common. It's a weapon being spread by satanists.

A simple mantra or hum will help you drive out demons. It is not enough to end their influence. At least you will know your thoughts from their own.

Demons are more inscideous than what is obvious. Their work starts early through influence of your thoughts and emotions by surrounding you in what looks to be harmless and ok to do. It then uses this against you to cause fear and influence even deeper negative emotions or dysfunction.

Most thoughts that happen immediately after looking at someone, like a black person, and comes out in your mind as 'tigger' is the work of s demon. The natural state of mind is to not have judgement until time later.

Most Epiphany and sudden thoughts are the work of demons. It takes effort and will to have made a thought. Not all work a demon does is directly evil because it seems control over more than one of you.

Let he who hath wisdom reveal the beast whose number is the same as his name. www is 666

Wat ? Of course it is, that's its purpose. To f' us up and get us into eternal damnation.

Im trying to say that some of the behavior a demon may want to induce may seem momentarily harmless because it's intended to achieve a goal. Again, you can tell when a demon speaks because it will speak over you.

Of course not captain obvious, the entire false state of (((israel)))/babylon points out otherwise.

Exodus 20:17
romans 7:7
james 4:5
Lust is not a sin because except covetousness had been a sin we would have not known of its existence. That and if our spirit is in sin then Jesus death on the cross is meaningless because He only died once for sins hebrews 10:12,22,26.
james 1:13-15
matthew 5:28-29
Now that said, do not let "lust hath conceived" or "to lust after" happen as that implies you are already coveting the thing and have decided to go after it. Once that decision, the "conceived" or "lust after" part is fullfilled, then it is sin. Until that decision to covet/lust after, lust itself is just revealing that covetousness in your heart and is not a sin thereby. Other parts of the Bible also re-enforce this idea such as romans 6:12
romans 13:14
1 corinthians 10:6
Don't lust after evil things of the flesh, but rather good things of the Spirit galatians 5:17
1 corinthians 14:39

How exactly do satanists spread it?

It looks like herpes or a rash.

I meant the intrusive thoughts.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiotrophic_fungus
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_computing

They attach to your melanin and lymphatic system and move through your neuromelanin into your brain.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuromelanin

From there it can receive EM signals and vary the voltage in your brain influencing your thoughts or emotions.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/12427896/

Facebook knows. It uses behavioral information and infected people to control their behavior and isolate people for purposes of torture.

It also changes your emotions, so to speak, the mark of the beast is on your forhead (in the mind).

It's responsible for the increase in mass shootings.

It's a little more complicated explaining how they act as a group and as an integrated circuit to form an antenna. If you need that you may ask but it gets techy. It also allows for cyberattacks e.g. someone using it to backdoor your computer system since the FCC, by law, forces public electronics to accept interference.

The nuclear fungi is a better resort then implanting a microchip.

visualstudiomagazine.com/articles/2013/12/01/neural-network-training-using-particle-swarm-optimization.aspx?m=1

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CRISPR

CRISPR (/ˈkrɪspər/) is a family of DNA sequences in bacteria and archaea.[1] The sequences contain snippets of DNA from viruses that have attacked the prokaryote. These snippets are used by the prokaryote to detect and destroy DNA from similar viruses during subsequent attacks. These sequences play a key role in a prokaryotic defense system,[1] and form the basis of a technology known as CRISPR/Cas9 that effectively and specifically changes genes within organisms.[2]

What do you think those huge data centers and super computers are for? Why do you think Facebook is worth a penny when it sells nothing?

Torture and being made ugly is such a great motivator. Thank you so much.

No more.

Attached: munich_eye_14_18_16_00.jpg (600x421, 145.93K)

Hey this sort of explains the motivation for that sexual movement in the 70s doesnt it?

Getting away from God explains why society is the way it is.

Mods?

Attached: Laughter stops.jpg (189x189, 32.32K)