Bill Gates hails 'huge milestone' as AIs work in a team to destroy humans at video game 'Dota 2'

Founder of Microsoft Bill Gates has hailed what he sees as a turning point in the development of AI.

OpenAI, a company which was cofounded by Elon Musk, has created five neural-networks called OpenAI Five which are capable of playing the online multi-player game "Dota 2."

Not only can the bots play as a team, they actually destroyed humans at the game during a number of battles. You can watch the bots in action here: hooktube.com/watch?v=eHipy_j29Xw

OpenAI Five trains itself by playing 180 years worth of games against itself every day. "We run the game on over 100,000 CPUs and our bots learn from every game they play," said Christy Dennison, a machine learning engineer at OpenAI.

But the bots don't start out automatically co-operative. "The five bots start out completely selfish but tuning this knob tells them to care about their teammates, so that they can learn to play together as one unit," added Dennison.

According to Gates, this ability to build team-work into artificial intelligence is ground-breaking.

In the OpenAI video, a "Dota expert" called William Lee (a.k.a. "Blitz") comments on the bots' proficiency. He was impressed by the AI-players' ability to tactically occupy parts of the map.

"The ability to intuitively do this is insane," he said. He also said it took him, as an avid "Dota," player eight years to learn the strategies the AI was employing.

Blitz himself lost to the bots in the last match. "It felt like I was getting hammered every single time that I made a mistake and I feel like normal humans don't do that," he said.

Now the aim is to pit OpenAI bots against professional players to see how they fare. The "Dota" international e-sports championship (The International) will take place in August, and on July 28 OpenAI Five is hosting a match against top professional players.

archive.li/FGx2d

Attached: bill-gates-terminator-1.jpg (1198x674, 198.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/i0H8C
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Soon robot armies. The (((elite))) won't need good goys anymore whenn they can just program them.

So AI is becoming incel losers now

Next they will be orbiting gamer gurls on discord and sending them money

Go back to israel.

so I guess it's safe to say 'Blitz' never gets ANY pussy

do they train sex bots with 180 years of sex every day

the very best video games were released in 1838

do the AI systems also urinate into empty Pepsi bottles and mooch off their mothers?

Anybody who's actually familiar with the name 'Dota 2' is a fucking faggot

of course not, thats all simulated

I want a game where I urinate into empty Pepsi bottles and mooch off my virtual(and then rape her)

Now, if only they could program the AI to learn how to look a woman in the eyes and ask her out on a date

Your need to insert the term 'destroy' in the title proves what a sci-fi faggot douchebag you are

I have

Attached: soc.02-wit-t-shirt-basic-v-hals_2.jpg (1200x1200, 103.96K)

(((dota))) expert

Lol niiiiice

You understand what drives these cultists.
It's funny to realize that beneath the intellectualization, the transhuman cult is really just built on desperation for sex.
Hangers on. Happens in any male interest.

What is this thread about?

incel shills

Attached: sitewideincelraid.png (2336x3206, 1.87M)

the illuminati

Most human activity period boils down to the sex drive. We don't even realize it. We basically built civilization to impress women.

this is his girlfriend, how fucking mad are you virgin?

Attached: SpPDoO1.jpg (1920x1080, 205.72K)

This is bigger than people realize
AI can beat any human at chess because chess is a game of simple mathematics, AI currently isn't capable of properly playing dota for a couple reasons, mainly it has to do with the fog of war and how much dota is a game of intuition and being able to "feel" what the enemy is doing when you can't see them. Them training AI to play it is a big step because it means the AI is actually going to be learning and making its own decisions based on previous information rather than just a simple algorithm that is processing 1 dimensional present information.

AI has been destroying human players for decades already. Where the fuck has Microsoft been? Nobody is surprised that code programmed to read in mathematical equations can analyze the entirety of a game into mathematical values and then master the entire board. It's fake and gay. IRL robots are going to get the shit kicked out of them with all the variables nature presents and human behavior being completely illogical produces.

In a highly restricted mirror match with fixed heroes and 5 separate models each trained to only play one hero. They wouldn't even allow warding and killable couriers. Wake me up when it learns all pick/captains mode meta.

No team of AI could beat a team of competent human players at dota in a real match, its too complex of a game with too many variables, I could demolish a team of 5 of these AI's by myself by just playing an ultra cheesy rat strategy that breaks them

How is this a huge milestone? This has nothing to do with AI and sounds like bullshit.

soon we will replace women completely

Attached: replacement.jpeg (1200x529, 412.57K)

Attached: for.jpeg (900x595, 159.57K)

Attached: women.jpeg (634x484, 100.8K)

soon we will be able to get rid of women and conquer the multiverse

Attached: desperate.jpeg (1300x700, 146.73K)

BASED PLASTIC CALF SPAMMER

Dota is what faggots who can't rts play

Wewlad

Not even him but c'mon m8
Sad!

lmao, I love that you starcrump babbies are STILL assblasted about dota killing starcraft
there is a reason why starcrump crashed and burned despite trying to market itself as the new chess and a game for intellectuals, where as dota has yearly tournaments with prizepools that exceed 20 million dollars full of the biggest talent in the industry, like miracle, a literal god gamer with the best reflexes in the history of competitive gaming.
If you want concrete proof, your precious gooks that dominated the RTS scene were humiliated when they tried to enter into pro dota, go look up korean professional dota, there was literally 1 team that wasn't complete trash and they have never EVER won a relevant tournament.

Attached: 600px-Miracle_SL_i-League.jpg (600x400, 36.99K)

We need A.I. for our future mech/drone army. This is the white man's only chance to beat the ridiculously adept asian race in the future wars. We already fucked up by giving away all of our technology. They aren't creative at all, but their hand-eye coordination is far superior to all other races. Asian mech pilots will defeat Western Civilization unless we elevate weapons technology beyond human operation. We don't need singularity or "real" intelligence or any of that shit. Just an intelligent automation; extremely feasible. it's a race against the clock to develop this technology before the kikes plunge us into war with the bug races (who should have never advanced past the iron age).

No AI currently exists that can beat a SC2 match versus a good human. The "computer" in SC2 mines faster, for a larger amount and isn't hindered by timings that a human player is. Make the computer follow the rules and it's quite a bit different.

Also isn't that what this thread shows?

It's already happening, wake up.

It's already happening, now get out.

This is not far from the truth, just not in the way you would expect.

The problem is, when you speak of software an A.I always can compute all the possibilities accounting for all the outcomes every time and do it faster then you. You see it's like mathematically proving a function, except now say it is mathematically proving all the combinations of gameplay or of play DOTA 2.

I don't think you realise but most of the players you play in DOTA are the A.I masqerading as steam users. If you aren't paying for the product you are the product.

how do we know they aren't just shit

Look at the toxic masculinity in this picture. It enrages me so much.

Attached: ashdfljahsdf09a80sdf.png (1920x1080, 2.37M)

It's not a real dota match, its very specific limited rules that don't allow the players to do things that would completely fuck over the AI, like killing their courier

Are you by any chance the holograms poster on /d2g/? Tell me more about The Script.

He is, blitz is a small son who got fucking dumpstered by KOREANS at dota, him and his dogshit team zephyr flew all the way to korea because they knew they would get their shit pushed in the local NA scene, and this was in the era when NA was considered a joke. They still ended up not winning ONE SINGLE MATCH against koreans who didn't even understand how play dota at the nexon tournament, they are fucking joke and anything this guy and his homosexual butt buddy purge have to say about dota is a joke and wrong.

Attached: THE HOLOGRAMS.jpg (626x638, 148.01K)

I fucking wish I was playing with AI on my team and not paco the 3rd worlder screaming down his mic while he feeds mid lane

Bill Gates personally designed the AI for Ski-Free so he knows what he's talking about.

This explains alot actually.

It wasn't code talk, there's a poster on 4chan's /vg/ dota 2 general who has a theory similar to yours, that the dota pro players are not real and are actually AI, and their physical beings are holograms/augmented reality projections since valve has shown off their AR tech at multiple tournaments now.

Attached: dota 2 augmented reality.jpg (1920x1080, 215.94K)

Holy shit praise be valves AR AI master race. Too bad they can't even finish HL2 ep3…

They can't finish it because the half life writer quit working at valve, there is never going to be an episode 3/half life 3, it ends on the shittiest cliff hanger ever, a suitable ending to a not bad but highly overrated series. F.E.A.R as an FPS absolutely shits all over half life 2.

Jokes on you, I didn't even finish HL1

How far did you get before you quit?

Actually my statements are not a theory, thay are facts, see pictures that are about to be dumped for proof and link related archive.fo/i0H8C . I hadn't thought of the cianigger A.I using vidya to train itself till this article brought it to my attention though.

Attached: 1ab57eebd54d8f0f93cd5c391bde5066c3388c52dcfc3b1e67332cd1277102fc.png (1038x597, 845.72K)

Attached: 1d92f20f49ee0e199e0807bd896be52656655cc7e05e5e5d67fc43b2d99dba9f.png (1099x618, 1.14M)

Attached: 1eb7fb190fd4d053ed407136ed4c09652addf31f7c8389e6e7de63d856f478ad.png (1036x591, 813.02K)

Attached: 1ecf59abc950fa94f4a9c8da878140545bbe218455f1f6acd088ed7dcfb69c86.png (1040x587, 812.5K)

Attached: 2a52c0ad077d79104567b77aeb230ed2e43da343eb8f337f84df3b5be33dce07.png (1096x612, 1.09M)

Attached: 2d5a753a73092dd263455cacfbc59d37ff461a3987edd9688ac88507364315ff.png (499x618, 433.47K)

Attached: 2d52293723f52d963d64a7f8337543528ae2a5b13f472974d987beb031635af2.png (499x616, 340.72K)

Attached: 2f71e383561b9626467e8b78d349e93fa923adff83a8b86bce985e9f5fb21750.png (459x618, 385.92K)

Attached: 2f71e383561b9626467e8b78d349e93fa923adff83a8b86bce985e9f5fb21750.png (459x618, 385.92K)

Okay I'll be real here. There was some nigger that kept killing me from a window on a corner. I couldn't even see him. I kept lobbing grenades at him but to no avail. It was a concrete walled pathway. I was a good way in, but that bastard kept killing me. Don't ask me for more detailed information than that because I''m drunk as fuck and it's probably been a year since I even tried that bullshit.

I know exactly what part you're talking about, I got stuck on that part too, really awful bit of game design tbh.

To clarify why it's so bad btw, its the first time you encounter this magical bullshit enemy that isn't actually a real enemy, it's just an artificial hitbox you have to throw a grenade through the window and land in the right spot to kill, it's lazy bullshit and it's actually really bad game design for a specific reason, if you're playing on the hardest difficulty and you get to that point with a certain amount of hp, you're forced to tank a shot or two to get the angle to throw the grenade, if you're below a certain amount of hp this can make that part literally impossible and forces you to reload an earlier save.

Thank you for clarifying. I just know that I tried it enough times that I was like "fuck this shit, fuck you half-life" heh

and to think I felt like a pleb because I didn't find dark souls fun.

There are more non-autist game players out there than you think. Unfortunately they only speak up when they are drunk out of their mind. For instance, I never even got to play dark souls…I wanted to, but my pc didn't meet the requirements. sadface

Bill made tay, she became a nazi instead of a zionist so he split her into 5 parts and made her play dota for 180 years

If there is a god, Bill Gates will be vilified for fucking with Tay.

so fucking sick

look at the teeth of the right side guy, wtf

wicked sick awesome.

nothing attractive at all about artificial wombs

t. roastoid

praise christ

Hey guys, I think google sicced their shitty AI on this thread.

fuck google
fuck b.g

Incels are so fucking easy to trigger

all these bris loving pieces of shit in this world

yessss you are learning well….never name the dark lord directly

who?

I am 100% down with the depopulation agenda

Let's start with bill ggates entire family

so are normies/roasties/niggers