Hey Zig Forums

Hey Zig Forums,

What's really going on inside the Vatican? I've heard all different sorts of things, from massive conspiracy theories that go full alien-mode to factual events which involve money laundering and potential defense of pedophiles in the Catholic Church. What goes on in Rome and what's the current state of the Vatican?

The Vatican is the only thing that prevents me from becoming a Catholic, yet, I believe that the only Protestant denomination I trust now and that will gentrify well (Churches of Christ, not the ICOC, but just the Churches of Christ) is 'lacking' something that the Orthodox and the Catholic Church have.

Attached: Eastern-Poland-2.jpg (652x817, 184.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20180306170447/https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/13/pope-francis-intervention-transforms-climate-change-debate
humansandnature.org/democracy-hans-joachim-schellnhuber
web.archive.org/web/20160624045624/http://www.abc.net.au:80/radionational/programs/latenightlive/meet-john-schellnhuber-climatologist-to-pope-francis/6799686
theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/13/pope-francis-intervention-transforms-climate-change-debate
hooktube.com/watch?v=-6FfTxwTX34
web.archive.org/web/20180130081312/http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-assures-atheists-you-don-t-have-to-believe-in-god-to-go-to-heaven-8810062.html
web.archive.org/web/20180401174754/https://www.americamagazine.org/faith/2013/09/30/big-heart-open-god-interview-pope-francis
archive.is/hj79e
inquisitr.com/1579903/creationists-are-upset-over-pope-francis-pro-evolution-statements/
hooktube.com/watch?v=v_bvGTc6SM8
articulifidei.blogspot.com/2015/01/a-jesuit-challenge.html
biblehub.com/hebrew/6951.htm
biblehub.com/text/acts/7-38.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Protestant here, so a Catholic will have a better answer. But a safe guess is
1. Liturgy
2. Paperwork

You can see the a lot of what comes out of it to be beyond christian. Catholics need to take a close look at who their following, whether it's the Pope or Jesuits. It's really not that difficult to infiltrate a denomination since the same has happened to baptists and clearly prots.
Why not orthodox? Prots seems to be in a worse situation than Catholics since They have fallen so hard to modernism, at least Catholics have an interpretation of authenticity.

Attached: new global political authority.png (640x350 955.91 KB, 13.47M)

Believe it or not, this guy is more or less right
There are shittone of various offices that deal with liturgy, canon law, dialogue with non-catholic, diplomatic missions, archives and all that any other state and diocese do but it have whole universe under it's jurisdiction. But what St. John XXIII anserwed to "How many people work in Vatican" question i.e. "Half of them" is true.
And there of course liturgy. At noon pope comes to the people and pray Angelus with them and give short homily. And there are mass in St. Peter's Basilica everyday iirc.
And I really, really doubt that "The Vatican is the only thing that prevents me from becoming a Catholic" for that means that you already believe not in Scripture alone, in Catholic sortieology but more than than in Catholic Ecclesiology. And that means that you accept Pope. But if you do belive in office then you are little to no concerned with Vatican as something more than his Cathedra..

and
The odd scandal too, I might add. Let's be totally honest.

Legitimacy? Apostolic Succession? Valid Sacraments? Not copping out to the demands of the world?

The thing is if your argument against becoming Catholic is because of what the Vatican is like (i.e. full of sinful fallible humans, imagine my shock), then you might need to rethink why you are even a Christian at all. We are all scum. Only Christ can save us.

lel
Abp Fulton Sheen once stated that "There aren't a hundred people in the USA who hate the Catholic Church, only what they believe the Church to be. If they knew the Truth, they would join Her instead".
We know that the Church has been infiltrated, but when our Lord said the gates of Hell shall not prevail, we take Him at His word. Fortunately, it is now being counter-infiltrated by a younger and more aggressive generation of trads and faithful who are clawing it back one step at a time.

Non-stop EDM rave party. You must not have been invited.

I thought they played this 24/7

Since you made this about me personally, at least with me it's not about hate, it's about authenticity, I don't hate the music industry for being completely controlled by others.
Even when they go against his word?

The Pope and world Government.
web.archive.org/web/20180306170447/https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/13/pope-francis-intervention-transforms-climate-change-debate
>It is also intended to improve the prospect of a strong new UN global agreement to cut climate emissions. By adding a moral dimension to the well-rehearsed scientific arguments, Francis hopes to raise the ambition of countries above their own self-interest to secure a strong deal in a crucial climate summit in Paris in November.

humansandnature.org/democracy-hans-joachim-schellnhuber
Professor John Schellnhuber is the chosen speak for the Papal Vatican Climate Change document. see web.archive.org/web/20160624045624/http://www.abc.net.au:80/radionational/programs/latenightlive/meet-john-schellnhuber-climatologist-to-pope-francis/6799686 to confirm his connection to Pope Francis.

The same document referred to here
theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/13/pope-francis-intervention-transforms-climate-change-debate
>Pope Francis will this week call for changes in lifestyles and energy consumption to avert the “unprecedented destruction of the ecosystem” before the end of this century, according to a leaked draft of a papal encyclical. In a document released by an Italian magazine on Monday, the pontiff will warn that failure to act would have “grave consequences for all of us”.

>Let me conclude this short contribution with a daydream about those key institutions that could bring about a sophisticated—and therefore more appropriate—version of the conventional “world government” notion. Global democracy might be organized around three core activities, namely (i) an Earth Constitution; (ii) a Global Council; and (iii) a Planetary Court. I cannot discuss these institutions in any detail here, but I would like to indicate at least that

Attached: f.jpg (640x486, 81.02K)

The Pope and world religion

The pope joining Religion
hooktube.com/watch?v=-6FfTxwTX34

web.archive.org/web/20180130081312/http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-assures-atheists-you-don-t-have-to-believe-in-god-to-go-to-heaven-8810062.html

web.archive.org/web/20180401174754/https://www.americamagazine.org/faith/2013/09/30/big-heart-open-god-interview-pope-francis
Hes a Jesuit
Says God doesn't condemn Gays

archive.is/hj79e
inquisitr.com/1579903/creationists-are-upset-over-pope-francis-pro-evolution-statements/
>“When we read about Creation in Genesis, we run the risk of imagining God was a magician, with a magic wand able to do everything. But that is not so. He created human beings and let them develop according to the internal laws that he gave to each one so they would reach their fulfillment.”

Pope says that having a personal relationship with Jesus is Harmful And Dangerous.
hooktube.com/watch?v=v_bvGTc6SM8

Inb4 nice ((sources))" or "lol alternative media"

Be aware of what conspiracy spreads to you, and what you hear around the internet. A LOT of what is spread about the Vatican is crap made up by protestant branches and the baptists, to throw dung at the Catholic Church.

I'm not even a Francis fan, but your arguments are mostly bogus.

Francis in the first video promotes dialogue between religions, not combining all religions together into a hybrid religion or religious indifference.

There is nothing wrong with being a Jesuits. Protestants just hate Jesuits because the Jesuits wrecked then back in the Counter-Reformation (e.g. St. Edmund Campion btfo the English so hard, they censored their transcript of his debate articulifidei.blogspot.com/2015/01/a-jesuit-challenge.html ). That's where all the Jesuit conspiracy paranoia comes from. The Jesuits are lousy on the whole today, but their are still good ones out there.

Francis doesn't say God doesn't condemn gays. He gives a non-answer saying that they should be treated with mercy, mercy of course meanint that they have need of mercy for something… Francis has more explicitly affirmed the Church's teachings against homosexuality elsewhere.

Francis does not deny God's omnipotence. His point in that quotation is that God does not just work as an immediate cause, but also through secondary causes. Although, if you believe Young-Earth Creationism is an essential doctrine of the faith, I'm afraid the pope probably is not a YEC.

Even though you are phrasing it in a strawmanny way, this is the Biblical apostolic teaching, summarized by the Latin phrase extra Ecclesiam nulla salus. You can't be a good Christian and deliberately separate yourself from the one, true, hierarchical Church.

OP, it would help focus discussion of you clarified what you meant about the Vatican? Are you concerned about corruption in the Vatican? Are you confused about the functions of the Vatican's various departments?

You're just giving me a basic interpretation, that doesn't correct what i posted. The video says "seeking God or meeting God in different ways", it's obvious that it's going against an objective God. If i were to pray to the Jewish Shekhina the male and female aspect of God, if i were worship a man called the buddah. if i pray to 'Allah', i would be 'seeking' the authentic God?

The Jesuits were started by Ignatius of Loyola who was mystic.

[ ] with love
[ ] condemn this person
His non-answer had two choices, and it's clear which he was implying and which he wasn't.

>>“When we read about Creation in Genesis, we run the risk of imagining God was a magician, with a magic wand able to do everything.
If it's as you say, there is no reason for him to include God not being able to do everything.

You repeated the intention without acknowledging what he said.

The term ekklsia was used before the Christian era, before the greek translation of the bible it was qahal to mean an assembly, not a building. If i'm wrong can you show me where in the bible it refers to a building?
biblehub.com/hebrew/6951.htm
biblehub.com/text/acts/7-38.htm

Because i know Catholics more than any other Denom, i know you will become offended at this, if i am wrong than tell me so, I am trying to find the truth. that is why I'm writing these essays, to understand. I don't like pissing people off, but that's simply the nature of understanding, asking questions will piss people off, and Catholcis haven't changed in 20 years in that regard, you still get angry at questioning. But i still personally don't hate Catholics, i am trying to understand them.

nobody needs to throw dung on the RCC, basic truths can be hard to accept user

Is the (((modernist))) Vatican a form of neo-Modalism?

In a sense that one could argue that if there is only ONE God, but all those other religions (Jews, Eastern Orientals, Orthos, Islam, (((modernism))) etc) are just different modes of the literal same God. It would be the excuse for the comming of the Beast.

Attached: hands.jpg (1004x1301, 84.78K)

I forgot to mention, for an in depth look at the Jesuits watch Ex Jesuit Alberto Rivera and others Speak on Jesuit infiltration (video related). Don't just dismiss it just because they're used to cover up the jews.

Dude got it right. Additionally, they also manage Church finances, do more paperwork because the Vatican is also an official state, more liturgy in form of audiences and Catechesis and so on and so forth.
This thread is full of conspiracy theories and I'm not entirely sure why this is allowed to exist, because there are literally no sources and obviously the neo-pelagians and gnostics are at it again.
Friendly reminder that youtube videos and interviews of people claiming to be "ex-Jesuits" as "reliable sources" go into the trash without second thought.
The Catholic Church is the Truth, because it is the body of Christ which He Himself instated. If you're having a problem with that then so be it but don't try to slander where's nothing to slander.

lmao

Attached: You.jpg (1024x814, 256.71K)

Attached: 27255710-angry-priest-holding-a-bible-and-pointing-towards-the-camera-isolated-on-white-background.jpg (1300x866, 76.18K)

Also.

Attached: poison the well.png (644x1197, 124.81K)

How to kill your credibility in ten seconds, by user

He didn't even mention Peter.

Wrong video. He was an ex-Jesuit 'priest', this is the video one where he speaks out specifically about being an ex-Jesuit Priest. Also i automatically lose all credibility once i question that denom, because not everyone has the legalistic religious authority to question it.

How to kill your credibility in ten seconds, by user

According to the Cornerstone exposé,[1] Rivera had a 'history of legal entanglements' including fraud, credit card theft, and writing bad checks. Warrants had been issued for his arrest in New Jersey and Florida, and he was wanted by the Spanish police for 'swindles and cheats'. While in the U.S. in 1967, he claimed to be collecting money for a Spanish college, which never received this money. The details of his religious claims changed over time. For example, in 1964 he claimed that he had left the Catholic Church in July 1952. Rivera later put the date at March 20, 1967 - an almost 15 year discrepancy. Despite this second claim of conversion from Catholicism in March 1967, Rivera was still promoting Catholicism in a newspaper interview of August that same year. Although supposedly placed involuntarily in the sanatorium where he claimed to have nearly been murdered in 1965 and held there for three months, he gave the date of his release as September 1967. This leaves a period of more than a year unaccounted for in Rivera's narrative.

The document exhibited by Rivera to prove his status as a Catholic priest was fraudulent. The Catholic Church denies his claim of having been a Jesuit priest, or another claim that he was a bishop. He had only one sister in London. She was not a nun, and she did not live in a convent, so the claim that his sister the nun nearly died in a convent in London was problematic. In an employment form dated 1963, Rivera stated he was married to Carmen Lydia Torres, and the couple had two children in the U.S. In his narrative, Rivera claimed that he was a priest living in Spain in 1963.

Cornerstone also questioned Rivera's claim to various degrees, including three doctorates (Th.D., D.D., and Ph.D.), reporting that his known chronology did not allow enough time to have completed these degrees. Rivera allegedly admitted that he had received these degrees from a non accredited entity sometimes referred to as a diploma mill located in the state of Colorado.

Besides, he's a catholic, "muh st. Peter" is always implied. Not even getting into the fact that Rome incorporated than subverted a couple hundred years after Christianity was already a thing.

Attached: 1449055117154.png (411x611, 100.07K)

- Yes, someone can believe false propostions about God or how to seek him and still be meaningfully said to be seeking God. Peter Kreeft gives among the standard arguments for the existence for God, the "argument from Bach," which is basically if there is no God, how could the sublime music of Bach exist. That might sound stupid, especially if you're not a musician, but the point is that even something like music points to transcendent qualities, and moves people to conversion more often than you might expect. For people who practice false religions, it might not avail them of salvation, but it that doesn't mean that they are not seeking after God (even if they misunderstand God), and in some cases they may even come to genuine conversion.

Also, as an aside, Buddhists do not worship a man Buddha. If they view him as just a man, they do not worship him, and those who do worhip the Buddha (or multiple Buddhas) view the Buddha as a divine figure, not just a man.

- There's nothing wrong with "mysticism." Have you read anything that St. Ignatius of Loyola wrote?

- If you want to split hairs, what Francis implied in that sentence was that God loves the "existence" of that person, which is an objective good even for the most evil person, not their homosexual inclinations or any homosexual acts.
- You are reading too much into words that were likely either off the cuff or not prepared with much thought. Again, he didn't say that God was unable to do everything, he said that God was not a magician with a magic wand able to do everything. He does not say that God cannot do everything, but not as a magician with a magic wand. The intent is not to deny God's omnipotence, but to affirm God's use of secondary causes. And in this quotation, I suspect that the English translation is not a great representation of the original Italian.

Did I ever say that the Church is a building? The Church is a body of people, those who belong to Christ throughout the world, and can be outside or inside. However, the Church is a visible, not hidden, body and it is hierarchical with different roles and positions of authority.

If you want to understand Catholics, instead of parsing cryptic newspaper quotes from Pope Francis, you would be better off reading the writings of the saints.