Reading Mere Christianity

The winnie the pooh is this guy talking about

Attached: le contemplating birde.png (1024x1024, 206.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

abetterworldisprobable.wordpress.com/2011/03/14/john-adams-to-abigail-we-know-better-than-to-repeal-our-masculine-systems/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: images-1.jpg (300x168, 5.63K)

Attached: uiozhl2odelj0ayskhyz.jpg (800x450, 47.92K)

Attached: 4fb0cf95d70e80c25fefd68a784c4f78f70a64ae8320f77aeb7d67ccb8254a0b.gif (175x311, 2.99M)

Attached: 1513554720168.jpg (750x602, 141.1K)

He's right, sorta. Men who aren't diplomatic and who can't outwit their women are destined to be unhappy.

OK, does he actually say that? Because that is self-contradicting. You cannot be a diplomatic pushover. That just makes you in real-world terms a doormat.

Men are more diplomatic, but the idea that this comes from their being pushovers sounds rubbish.

APOSTOLICS YES!

I don't have my copy with me now but I didnt have this feeling from reading it. Op probably made a poor use of his reading skills.

Agreeableness is not a virtue. On the contrary, it is cowardly and apathy at its finest.

Men are pushovers, though. Women make like 80% of all financial decisions in the West. Pleny of studies have confirmed this. That's why pretty much all commercials target women.

Most households that I know of are matriarchal.

CS Lewis was Anglican.

Similarly in the east. The mans domain is the safety of the family and breadwinning; the womans domain is the house. So woman pretty much kept the family book since long ago.

From what I remember, it's more that he was saying that women are naturally very protective and patriotic of their families due to their mother instinct. It's the man's job to keep it in check, so to speak.

Just pulled it out:

…which is apostolic

Attached: Popish.jpg (600x450, 16.59K)

user this isn't even bait

Attached: 1446706334654.jpg (224x225, 17.85K)

Is this a meme now?

Attached: When someone swears on your Christian server.jpg (599x449, 94.98K)

Try typing fu᠎ck and see what happens

Why didn't the filter catch it when you typed winnie the pooh?

He said that wife-mothers behave like rabid harpies toward any strangers they see as crossing their family's best interests while husband-fathers actually think rationally and interact with strangers in a reasonable way that allows the family to actually survive in a community. Which is true. Men should be the concerned with foreign affairs and women with domestic affairs because all women will do is isolate the family feom everyone with their overly emotional "mother bear" act.

I need to know your trick !

probably saying men are more empathic towards family members and the outside community so they are able to make better judgements than women who are more visceral in their actions/thinking.

What the Tigger.

legendary

What the winnie the pooh?

How did you get past the word filter?

fu᠎ck

you must be new here.

If Anglicans are Protestants, just like Baptists and Presbyterians.

Attached: anglicans are protestant.png (1347x637, 116.61K)

What the winnie the pooh did you just winnie the poohing say to me, you little tigger? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the 100 Acre Wood, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on bee hives, and I have over 300 confirmed woozle spottings.. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top pooh sticks champion in the entire 100 Acre Wood. You are nothing to me but just another bother. I will wipe you the winnie the pooh out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in this storybook, mark my winnie the poohing words. You think you can get away with saying that eeyore to me over the Internet? Think again, winnie the pooher. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of piglets across the 100 Acre Wood and your narration is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, roo. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re winnie the poohing stuffed, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can steal your honey in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bear hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire library of Christopher Robin and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable bottom off the face of the continent, you little eeyore. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your winnie the poohing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you honey-stealing silly old bear. I will eeyore fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re winnie the poohing stuffed, kiddo.

They consider themselves both apostolic and protestant. But they ignore the Bible, which places them more on the apostolic side (no sola scriptura).

I lost my shit

Attached: 1524737386996.jpg (696x640, 103.87K)

Can we get nigger wordfiltered to tigger, please?

Please do this

Anglicans are both catholic and reformed, it's the via media.

For outsiders this is chariacatured as catholic-lite or protestant-lite. Personally I really like their accomodating philosophy, they're usually good at reaching out to people outside their denomination, e.g. CS Lewis, Desmond Tutu, NT Wright, etc.

Fu᠎ck off

This is logically impossible

Attached: b6e8f70f3de6ec728bcc7ff1c2a64b05513cdc7d770564ed5def257c96123244.jpg (680x794, 78.81K)

winnie the pooh shit nigger

Listen you mother Winnie the Pooher, we are Catholic and Reformed, and Apostolic. Me, Peter here (pic related) and CS Lewis

Attached: Enough.png (456x398, 116.77K)

You got trips for saying winnie the pooh, shit and tigger?

Very clever.

Attached: mongorian.PNG (841x119 79.79 KB, 5.22K)

What am I supposed to be looking at in the first picture?

I copy/pasted the evasive profanity from the browser into a console window, and printed out the Unicode value of each character.

Attached: 1445584164362.jpg (2048x1152, 251.81K)

So do Baptists and Presbyterians. Doesn't mean they are.

While I won't say Anglicans follow the Bible, that is not the distinction between Apostolics and Protestants.

Attached: It's not what you think, it's a cook bookjpg.jpg (260x329, 26.81K)

He's not wrong, and it is the natural order of things. Consider the same sentiment communicated in a letter from US founding father John Adams to his wife:

abetterworldisprobable.wordpress.com/2011/03/14/john-adams-to-abigail-we-know-better-than-to-repeal-our-masculine-systems/

"Depend upon it, We know better than to repeal our Masculine systems. Altho they are in full Force, you know they are little more than Theory. We dare not exert our Power in its full Latitude. We are obliged to go fair, and softly, and in Practice you know We are the subjects. We have only the Name of Masters, and rather than give up this, which would compleatly subject Us to the Despotism of the Peticoat, I hope General Washington, and all our brave Heroes would fight."

This is where the phrase "tyranny of the petticoat" comes from. Women make terrible leaders.