Charlottesville judge awards Unite the Right organizer Jason Kessler $5 for activist cursing at him

A Charlottesville judge decided Friday that a local activist violated Virginia’s anti-dueling statute when she screamed curses at Jason Kessler.

Kessler cited the statute in his $500 lawsuit against Donna Gasapo, whom he said used insulting language that tended toward violence and a breach of the peace. Kessler said he sued for a small amount of money based on the principle of the matter and a desire to preserve public civility.

With dozens of supporters seated behind her in Charlottesville General District Court on Friday, Gasapo never denied yelling curse words at Kessler on March 16 outside of DeAndre Harris’ assault trial in the same courthouse.

But her attorney said she was protected by the First Amendment to express rhetorical hyperbole and make exaggerated statements.

Representing himself, Kessler argued that Gasapo’s words — “F— you … f— you, a—— … crybaby Kessler” — were fighting words and could have incited violence. In the video that Kessler played as evidence, Gasapo also can be heard calling Kessler a “murderer.” Kessler said Gasapo was falsely assigning him blame for the death of Heather Heyer, who was killed in a car attack on the day of the Unite the Right rally, which Kessler organized.

In his suit, Kessler asked that Gasapo be held responsible for the actions that might stem from her words.

“This is an opportunity to bring civility back to our community,” said Kessler.

Gasapo’s attorney, Pam Starsia, rebutted Kessler’s claims and said he did not suffer any actual damages from her client’s words. Identifying Kessler as a public figure, Starsia said there were higher standards for proving malice in someone’s words.

When asked about her words, Gasapo said she uttered them in anger and was upset that Kessler would show up to Harris’ trial, as Harris was a victim of the violence on Aug. 12. She said she was trying to drown out his hateful words.

“Someone in our community was murdered,” Gasapo said. “White supremacists stormed into our city. It doesn’t sit well with me.”

Kessler said he felt his character was damaged when Gasapo called him a murderer and that her choice of words could have provoked him to violence.

“There was a chance that I could respond violently and I don’t want that to happen,” he said.

Judge Robert H. Downer Jr. agreed with Starsia and said that Kessler is a public figure and that Gasapo is free to make statements of rhetorical hyperbole. But, he said, he believed her words did threaten to breach the peace and could have incited the addressee to fight.

However, Downer also said he did not believe Kessler was damaged in any way, particularly because Kessler posted the video online. Instead of the $500 that Kessler asked for, Gasapo will be responsible for paying $5 in damages.

Following the hearing, Starsia said she disagreed with Downer’s decision and said an appeal would not be off the table.

“I’m comforted by the fact that the judge recognized that Mr. Kessler was not damaged in any way here,” Starsia said. “We’ll have to discuss our options.”

“I think we should all be very concerned about what this ruling means in terms of opening up other frivolous harassment suits against members of our community who are expressing their opinions and their very real feelings of frustration, which we believe are protected by the First Amendment,” she said.

richmond.com/news/virginia/charlottesville-judge-awards-unite-the-right-organizer-jason-kessler-for/article_8b934487-14dd-535a-8499-fda7b9a682a2.html

It isn't your city, you roastie trash.
lol What a cunt.

that'll be $5 dollars. no cursing in america allowed

The "free speech" right

wew.
90% of 4 and Zig Forums users are fucked.

That's pure political speech - which has the highest degree of protection by our government.

Attached: SHOOTER.jpg (1060x1060, 178.84K)

welcome to conservatism. cry victim until you're in power and then do the opposite of everything you campaigned on

Attached: called it.webm (680x384, 6.32M)

as if the right cares about any rights

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE CRYBABY KESSLER

Attached: spartacus-390x285.png (390x285, 150.27K)

Leibowitz knows better, but you don't. And that's sad. His comparison relies on the false presupposition that gov't operates the same in either hand. Can you imagine what things would look like if Hilldawg got elected? There's been a lot of 5-4 SCOTUS decisions lately, and they would have all swung in the opposite direction. Also, republicans haven't been the small gov't party in several generations. The dude needs a new false dichotomy.

I'd say both sides do the crybullying thing tbh. Only meaningful differences I can see are that Libtards/SJWs are better-entrenched but people are getting sick of their shit, whereas Cuntservatives/MAGACHUDs are less experienced but have had less time to wear out their welcome.

only different is GOP habitually does it. its like complaining that CNN does fake news while watching fox which completely ignores that fox is almost always always fake news while CNN is half as shit. one of them is FAR worse than the other. hildawg was status quo

you don't give a fuck about hillary and neither do i. quit pretending you give a fuck about america and just lay it out there that you're a nazi and are glad free speech is dying but only when you're in power because otherwise you'll be the first to cry victim

Eh, I see the Dems doing more tbh, but that may be based on the mass media I get living in a blue state.
I'd say they're both past an evernt horizon of sucking horse dicks, beyond that I don't put a lot of effort into measuring how far-gone they are. Glad we can agree they both suck though.

This is dumb enough to probably be an imcucky falseflag. If it's not fake it's even more retarded.

Only a nation of morally conscious people is capable of sustaining liberty. As John Adams said, the Constitution was only sufficient for a Christian folk. I tend to agree. In lieu of morally fortuitousness, fascism will have to suffice as a band-aid. They've already torn down the bulwarks (both political parties).
Also,
Sad. Many such cases!

no

‘Free speech’ is the instrument of the kike. The people can say whatever they want as long as it’s what you want.

Fuck the draft. Voting is supposed to be a privilege but they gave women the right to vote without requiring them to sign up for selective service. Until that's changed any man that don't resist being drafted is stupid.

Adams's point was that you don't need an oppressive gov't, theocratic or otherwise, when the people are all Christian and thus convicted by the Holy Spirit.

Its amazing how asshurt leftists get when their own tactics are used against them.
Look at this leftygag circlejerk we've got going on here.

Attached: 51b7e2a4a7664b8ed66306dff42a0f94d2ced27900bfa01325f8f44a239c7bb0.jpg (2611x1690, 573.75K)

He need to stop being a Nazi and get a job.

I agree on the fake news bit. Fox has a habit of not checking their sources and have been caught several times reporting things that never happened. CNN and MSNBC just spin the news to the point that veiwers live in an alternate reality. Fox of course does this too, they just also report entirely false stories. The effect is the same, but Fox doesn't even pretend to be news. In fact their lawyers argue they are entertainment, not news, in order to dodge lawsuits over their half ass reporting. You are wrong ong the hilldawg being status qou in that Trump is also status quo. Trumps polivies are only slightly different then Obama's. Itxs about which side gets to take credit and appear effective. Our government has stopped governing since Regan as the representatives only care about being elected and then do what their donars want. Honestly I am sometimes thankful for cooperate lobbyist because they are the only fuctioning part of the government. Without them America might have collapsed like the Soviet Union.

what new low will the rightysoys sink to tomorrow?

any low, the game is get into to power by any means necessary abusing what laws they can right before they take them away and start shipping anyone who wrongthinks to camps and trying to pretend the the (((left))) is comparable to outright nazis so they can make genocide more palatable

obama never made a task force dedicated to stripping thousands of people of citizenship so he can put them in concentration camps

smells a bit tranny in here
>>>Zig Forums

Attached: the revolution comrades.mp4 (1280x720, 7.52M)

damn, missed one
>>>Zig Forums

Attached: leftypol.jpg (1024x683, 211.17K)

First off; they have to be white to be citizens.
So Trump isn't doing that either. You can't strip something from someone if they don't have it.

You retards commie subhumans. Fighting words are an exception in the first amendment, and for good reason.

lol at the leftist that think he's a person. Don't bother to try to think or reason, critter. You're awful at it.

Damn. You really are retards. Go back to flinging feces at each other in your containment board.

You're an indoctrinated retard that's far too dumb for politics.

Big money you can do much here in burgerland.

Attached: Popeyes-5-Bonafide-Big-Box-returns-on-March-28-2016-678x381[1].jpg (678x381, 174.65K)

trump should embrace his heritage

AHAHAHA

Attached: ruhroh.jpg (784x529, 126.75K)

Nope that was bush, but Obama continued it. Just because the msn can't stop sucking him off doesn't me you have to.

How does Rupert Murdoch's dick taste? There are plenty of good right leaning shows and commentators out theren but none of them are on cucks and friends. CNN has a better record when it comes to verifying stories before publishing. It's not even close. Fox is just boomer catnip. They don't even have any proper conservatives anymore. I'm not ptaising CNN. It's biased, narrative driven, filled with fluff pieces, and targeted at middle aged housewives. They just don't make up stories as often as Fox or msnbc.

Fuck off Neolib
Zig Forums is NatSoc not (((Conservative)))

faggot

sorry can't hear you over trumps concentration camps for kids and the slurping noises from him sucking putins dick