China brings Star Wars to life with ‘laser AK-47’ that can set fire to targets a kilometre away

Handheld weapons that could set fire to targets from long distances are no longer confined to science fiction but a fact of life, according to researchers
China has developed a new portable laser weapon that can zap a target from nearly a kilometre away, according to researchers involved in the project.

The ZKZM-500 laser assault rifle is classified as being “non-lethal” but produces an energy beam that cannot be seen by the naked eye but can pass through windows and cause the “instant carbonisation” of human skin and tissues.

Ten years ago its capabilities would have been the preserve of sci-fi films, but one laser weapons scientist said the new device is able to “burn through clothes in a split second … If the fabric is flammable, the whole person will be set on fire”.

scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/2153310/china-brings-star-wars-life-laser-ak-47-could-set-fire

Attached: gudshit.PNG (842x493, 946.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-08/chinese-laser-ak-47-field-test-video-silences-skeptics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

give me 1 billion of them

Attached: images.jpg (308x164, 7.03K)

Laser weapons are nothing new and there's also some sort of ban on using them.(citation needed)

Zzzzzaapp

The 1995 Protocol on Blinding Laser Weapons

Cute

Attached: 24D7ECBB-75C5-454B-B911-C86B3BCBB9D2.jpeg (909x1024, 140.97K)

Lasers are only banned if they are used to blind people. Incinerating people is fine.

I see nothing about this weapon that resembles an ak-47. I guess you need stupid click bait titles like star wars to gain more sheeple.

People have been using lazer pointers to burn shit from a distance for fucking ever

Exactly, which is why flamethrowers and napalm are considered non-lethal.

There was a project for two-man laser weapons which required a small scale nuclear battery carried by the second guy. It was banned by nuclear arms treaties

Phew thank God

Attached: 1529964806248.png (780x720, 610.64K)

That's a horseshit response to a 100 million chinese armed with laser rifles.

China can't supply their whole army with Soviet surplus from 50 years ago. These will be deployed, at most, one per squad of highly trained special forces operatives.

reflective/ablative armor when?

Actually part of the meta in Battletech. You have to decide if you want to wear armor better at resisting ballistic impacts or better at absorbing/deflecting directed energy weapons.

Fallout even mentions that most power armor was coated with a 10 micron thick layer of silver to act as an ablative surface for laser fire.

When its a general threat to infantry. And as said, that will be a long long time.

Considering that these new weapons are from China, they'll likely blow up from overheating easily

Calling it a laser assault rifle makes it easier to ban. If they call it a bbq skin crisper like what it actually is, they could probably stock it in Walmart.

Just go pull apart an old projection TV. They contain these behind the front screen.

that is not how things work

what was it again? A particle emission system?

OP pic = Flashlight tag undefeated champion.

totally legit and not just more making shit up this time

So flat out an Imperial Guard Lascannon Team

Probably a radioisotopic thermal generator.

Im going to take a lucky guess and say that these devices cause cancer. I mean for the user, not just the target. I bet they get a lot hotter than a cell phone.

Probably closer to a multilaser, lascannons would be much more high powered than we can manage at the moment.

Attached: YAL-1A_Airborne_Laser_unstowed_crop[1].jpg (3000x1650, 3.09M)

Clickbait bullshit. I hope you kill yourself.

Star Wars blasters aren't lasers. They fire plasma bursts or ignited tibanna gas or something. I'm sure some Jedi out there will correct me to whatever it is.

as if you could afford 1 billion laser guns

Chinese "Laser AK-47" Field Test Video Seeks To Silence Skeptics
zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-08/chinese-laser-ak-47-field-test-video-silences-skeptics