Comcast starts throttling mobile video, will charge extra for HD streams

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/07/comcast-starts-throttling-mobile-video-will-charge-extra-for-hd-streams/

Comcast's Xfinity Mobile service is imposing new speed limits on video watching and personal hotspot usage, and the company will start charging extra for high-definition video over the cellular network.

The short version is that videos will be throttled to 480p (DVD quality) on all Comcast mobile plans unless you pay extra, while Comcast's "unlimited" plan will limit mobile hotspot speeds to 600kbps. Only customers who pay by the gigabyte will get full-speed tethering, but the cost would add up quickly as Comcast charges $12 for each gigabyte.

Attached: 1530560387365.jpg (3500x2643, 1.07M)

who could be behind this scam?

its the CEO of (((Comcast)))

Attached: Brian_Roberts_Comcast.jpg (486x599, 41.79K)

Get another ISP then faggot
If all ISPs are throttling HD video then that shit wasn't worth it to begin with. Technically we don't need the internet at all. I'd be content leaving you faggots behind given the need to balance priorities

charging for a feature built into the OS of all phones. Its like a cable company charging a customer extra for using a wireless router to share their data across devices. fucking kikes.

this hitler is right

Then get off the net.

The magical wonderland you live in sounds amazing.

Awwwww

Poor little baby poopsie!!

Now your mommy will have to pay extra so you can waste your life in HERE

too fucking bad. Get a job, bitch

GOOD NEWS and BAD NEWS:

the GOOD NEWS is I've been signed into a binding agreement with MetroPCS for truly unlimited high speed data (no hiddens caps) for over two years, where I pay for My Phone, My Wife's Phone, My Son's Phone, and My Friend's Phone (4 lines) for only $60 a month.

It's usually $100 a month, but I was able to have a supervisor get approval from a manager to cut my monthly fee down to only $60

That's FOUR LINES OF ABSOLUTELY UNLIMITED HIGH SPEED DATA FOR ONLY $60
with no throttling

the BAD NEWS is you don't have this plan

Attached: PicsArt_07-01-11.21.51.png (1080x1032, 103.2K)

A couple months ago, I actually used 128 GIGS of high speed data in one month

No shit

And my 1/4th of the service only cost me $15

AGAIN: 128 GIGS FOR ONLY $15

they never throttled me down, not even once.

Of course, that $15 was just the 1/4th of the $60 I pay for all 6 lines, but at that amazingly low rate, it's easy to see why I was willing to even pay for my friend's phone service. Why Not, right?

The extra $15 ain't shit, and it makes me look like a hero

My wife and I use our phones as mobile creative studios, creating art, music, and videos. We do a LOT of downloading and streaming, so my wife uses around 100 Gigs a month just like me. My son and my friend usually use up around 60 or 70 Gigs per month.

A lot of people hear that I use MetroPCS and instantly assume it's an inferior carrier. LOL trust me, it's not. It's actually T-Mobile, and we all get really good service.

Plus, MetroPCS is one of the only carriers that allows me to use TrapCall

TrapCall is a premium service I use that allows me to 'unmask' any number, even if they're using *67 (caller ID hidden)

The FCC decided that all 800 numbers and 900 numbers should be able to 'unmask' hidden 'private' callers' phone numbers.

So TrapCall purchased 800 and 900 numbers, and for a small monthly fee, every time somebody calls me and tries to hide their phone number, I simply route the call to TrapCall, and it shows me the name, location, and phone number of the mystery caller…..

It works PERFECTLY

and THATS why I'm always posting my phone number in here.

Attached: Screenshot_20180701-234649.png (1080x1920, 323.61K)

Because TrapCall uses a federal database, it can tell me the name of any caller.

It's fucking awesome!!

Speaking of which, my phone number is 478-324-4NEP

478-324-4637
or easier to remember
478-324-4NEP

feel free to call me, and hide your number by dialing *67 first

Cable ?….. Hahaha yeah, right!

We just live cast to the TV set from our phones

I'm an old school computer guy, having taught myself high resolution, full blown 3D modeling, animation & rendering decades ago on the old Commodore Amiga

I became an IBM platform man rather than a Mac Faggot

I was all about computers, doing all of my video editing, graphics and music sequencing on PCs

then several years ago, I got my first smartphone, (a Samsung Galaxy S3) and I decided to try an experiment in MOBILE CREATIVE STUDIO abilities.

As the years have gone by, I lost all my passion for PCs, and I have basically stopped even wasting my time with them. My son still does both mobile and PC, and although I'm considering getting a badass gaming computer (to create 3D animations, not to play games on) I'm currently completely content using my phone to do my art, music and videos with.

My phone is fucking AWESOME!! it's a 6" 1080 dpi 32 gig internal 256 external USB type C Qualcomm 2.0 fast charging Snapdragon 820 octacore processor lightning fast gorgeous portable computer that serves me extremely well. It can handle all my needs, and I can use it to do whatever creative or destructive projects I want ON THE GO

To anyone who's 'upset' over the new changes to the telecom rates, I have a message for you:

(whispers)
TOO FUCKING BAD!

if you want something, you have to pay for it. welcome to planet Earth

Obviously, it's not bothering me, so maybe you should make a more informed choice

they were already paying for it you kike, jewcast is altering the deal.
and, you can also take it by force, not everyone here is a corperatist shill that defends the jews extorting more money for less

I wonder what comcast is gonna change their name to after this fails spectacularly.

xioahfinity

FUCKING COMCAST

Attached: Comcast Xfinitys proffesional dumbasses.webm (711x400, 8.29M)

emoting in parenthesis on an imageboard lol

to anyone who is this much of a reject:

kill yourself

haha! this is the same fag who, after net neutrality was lost, was posting here every day "no net neutrality and my internet still works a-ok!"

how's your internet now, asshole? it's not stopping with this one story either…

hey, i know you're low IQ, but you realize when someone pays for their internet bandwidth, they've um… ALREADY PAID FOR IT. so the cost of whatever you download, is, um. ALREADY PAID FOR. now they're saying, "oh but if its VIDEO you have to pay more"
what's the difference if I downloaded 1gb of video versus 1gb of text files? none, plus I'm already PAYING to download that 1gb in my plan. but of course, without net neutrality, which treats ALL content NEUTRALLY (meaning the content of that data stream is inconsequential.. the definition of net neutrality) isps are now able to charge different rates for different content, different websites, at different times, whether or not there's a full moon out, whatever.
congrats on supporting that verizon cocksucker ajit pai and fucking up your own internet!

its a good thing i have verizon in my home :)

Not everyone is a cheap broke bum who whines about $12

Lol @ you thinking it'll fail

it's you who just failed

Hahahahaha!!!

TOO FUCKING BAD !!

take a wild guess who cares about your little complaints?

EGG ZACK LEE™

n o b o d y !

LUMP IT, BITCH

This is a valuable life lesson for you guys….

LESSON: stfu

You're on the verge of suicide and will comment on even the most irrelevant of topics for attention. Promptly commit suicide.

The sooner you learn to stfu

The sooner I won't have to hear you complain

Have you considered drinking bleach recently?

YOU'RE the most irrelevant topic, and this will be the first and last time I'll ever comment about you

Apparently not. All it took was one reply to get your attention.

You can scurry off whenever you'd like; I wouldn't reply to me either if I were you.

lmao :)

lol AGAIN, BITCH:

while you bitch and moan, I'm locked into an iron clad agreement where I only pay $15 for COMPLETELY UNLIMITED HIGH SPEED DATA

like I said, I used 128 GIGS in one month for only $15

it appears that I'm a more informed consumer

(it s not your problem, anyway. Your mommy pays your bills, faggot)

You're replying to a different person. Why repeat something to me when it's irrelevant to the fact that you're stupid and hypocritical to the point that you make yourself look retarded on the internet?

lol

being SO STUPID that you think
I give a fuck who I'm responding to

Attached: PicsArt_07-04-10.15.10.png (1080x790, 187.56K)

lol

Good job wasting time on that pic btw. Your life. XD

My wife, Wendy, regularly has minor intestinal problems, and as a result has bouts of high pressure diarrhoea.
This has the pleasant side effect of her being able to squirt diarrhoea into my mouth almost on demand, her demand that is.
Most mornings she wakes me up with a hot jet of thick, sticky, almost tar-black steaming diarrhoea, preferably in my mouth.
I clean the lumps, if there are any, from her anus hairs, tugging chunks with my teeth if they are really glued on, it depends how long I leave them to dry.

This is what aids does to your mind.

See you tomorrow, sped

Hey anons, a little sage advice here. I know when you went to 5 guys to get your quadruple grease dog, that when the order came wrong, or was not what is expected of a fancy fast food joint your dad would yell at the cashier. I know it made you uncomfortable, and made you want to be submissive to the establishment of hard working greasy spooners. I get it, you want to sit down to your hastily made fucked up order, and just let the escape of the greasy deluge take you to parts uknown, but some people don't want fucking trash. Some people are going to yell the cashier, they are going to throw it in their face, and I can't argue against it. But to aqueous, and leave until you have no way to escape what your passivity has wrought, like a trapped animal, you may rethink your position.

Attached: 2676585bafba4a629ec634073e853e5f12d2814746b22f9c158bdccd91a0dfa7.png (466x364, 297.08K)

One of the funniest things I can think of is you guys having to pay out the ass just so you can sit in HERE hahahahaha !!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

fuck you

perhaps this will be the impetus for you lazy lonely creepy weirdos to finally stop mooching off your mother's and get off your ass to find your first girlfriend, and catch up with the average 11 year old boy, sexually speaking

anything that makes you miserable, and makes it harder for you to come here is humorous, and I welcome it with open arms

I've never seen anyone on any anonymous image board so fucking delusional

wait until you're here for more than two summers

I love the doublethink required to act like helping you conserve data on a supposedly-unlimited plan is doing you a favor.

Data is data is data. Why the hell should your ISP care how the hell your data is being used when you have a contract spelling out how much data you’re getting?

Why is it any of their concern if I'm using the bandwidth for HD video and not distributed computing? ISPs shouldn't know what their customers are browsing with the data they pay for; just pass the packets to their intended recipient. Market discrimination against competitors.

This is just a way for Comcast to test out the reaction before they do the same thing with their broadband service.

Windows lets you indicate that a connection is metered and it will limit the system bandwidth usage. Android does the same thing when on a mobile network. That said, there's no technological reason to limit bandwidth unless a network node is congested, and in that case it's going to throttle itself. There's zero reason to ever impose a cap of any kind, networks just don't work that way, bandwidth is not a resource that can be used up.

ftfy

BLOGPOSTING IS THE NEW SPAM SHILL TACTIC

STOP THE ANTI WHITE RACISM ON /POL
STOP THE ANTI WHITE RACISM ON /POL

Attached: Banned!-page-001.jpg (1275x1650, 198.76K)

WRONG

they don't give a flying fuck about your reaction

I never said 'my wife's son's phone', you latently homosexual fruitfly

I said 'my phone, my wife's phone, my son's phone' and my friend's phone'….

so…. You were born with a learning disability?

VOLS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB
VOLS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB
VOLS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB
VOLS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB
VOLS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB
VOLS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB
VOLS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB
VOLS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB
VOLS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB
VOLS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB
VOLS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB
VOLS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB
VOLS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB
VOLS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB
VOLS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB
VOLS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB
VOLS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB
VOLS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB

What are you talking about Comcast has been fucking with peoples broadband for years

wait til you get your bill

Data is a copy from one computer to another. Its not inside a magical water tower that is slowly emptying. that's not how it works.

go back to leftypol you adderal junkie.

The Bond villain from Tomorrow Never Dies?

Don't talk to me or my wife's phone ever again.

Nope, the bad news is YOU'RE SO STUPID THAT YOU CANT READ

like I said, I get absolutely unlimited high speed data common with no hidden limits or caps, COMPLETELY UNLIMITED on four Lines for only $60 a month… PERIOD…

and I've spoken with the supervisors and managers at the corporate level comma and we've discussed the repeal of net neutrality, and I have been absolutely guaranteed that my plan CANNOT be altered or modified.

Sorry, little guy

but I used 128 gigs of high speed data in one month, and my line only represents $15 out of the $60 I pay for four lines….

I get the BEST fucking deal on Earth, dude

Attached: PicsArt_07-01-11.21.51.png (1080x1032, 103.2K)

Johnny boy, your murals suck.

The reason I get 128 gigs of high speed internet per month for only $15 (and had been reassured by management that my rates will not increase due to net neutrality) is because unlike you guys comma I don't waste my time with comcast or any other cable provider… I get all of my high speed data from MetroPCS, a phone carrier, and if I want to watch streaming TV, I simpy screencast it…

I have apps that allow me to watch live TV when I want to, which is not very often because live TV broadcasts have very little to offer, and even worse that I would ever be interested in watching…

Included in my tiny little $15 a month bill (actually $60 a month because I pay for Four Lions, at $15 each) is all of my telecommunication needs, including telephony, messaging, email, etc.

Plus, although I am an old school computer guy, I'm finally free from the bullshit PC….

I'm the future, and you're the past

(And to think that you guys look down your nose and try to suggest that phone posters are inferior)

thank you

since you couldn't afford even one of my smallest murals or canvases, you're relegated to the category of 'broke and irrelevant', meaning your petty amateurish opinions mean nothing.

If a fruitfly buzzing around the bananas in a grocery store gave me it's opinion, I'd regard it in the same category as yours….

Fortunately for me, the people who can afford $3,500 to $7,000 for two days of my 'work' (painting art isn't work) seem to disagree with you.

This is the part where you silently kick yourself for not having a natural talent

Oh… And Wendy just added

"the day somebody will pay you $7,000 for two days of your menial labor, be sure to let us know"

lol you're the phlegm homosexual

Retard urbanite, kill yourself.

Not quite, Sally

a good example would be when ZZ TOP hired me to be their art director at Warner Bros. Records, under the auspices of Lone Wolf Records, and under the corporate sponsorship of Miller Beer Brewing Company…

Bill Ham was their crafty manager, who arranged a classic industry pay scale for me.

For every dollar Lone Wolf Records paid me, Bill arranged for Warner Bros. to match it, as well as Miller Beer, meaning that every job I did for them, I got paid three times….

For airbrushing this gold ZZ TOP logo on their Greatest Hits album, I was paid $11,000 by Lone Wolf, another $11,00 by Warner Bros, and another $11,000 by Miller Beer….

can you do simple math, Sally?

that was $33,000 to airbrush a logo…. It took me about four hours, from beginning to end…

Attached: Logo by Johnny Neptune.jpg (1417x1417, 208.43K)

Same triple layered fee schedule went into this comic book I did.

and I'm not even going to tell you how much the final amount was….

Let's put it this way…….
it was a lot more than a 4 hour logo job.

See, the problem with people like you is that since you weren't born with a natural talent, you'll never get to be part of the 'inside industry' like I was. Therefore, you'll never understand what it's like to be flown around the country to rub elbows with some of Hollywood's biggest players. You'll never be able to grasp how things really work behind the scenes…

Because nobody requires your services….

Attached: PicsArt_07-04-05.51.27.png (720x993, 1.03M)

Here's another one of my logos I drew…….

I used to have a little 'online club' called CLONER NATION…..

do you like it?…….

lol @ you never being able to get a girl to stand next to you, let alone to be one of your canvases…..

(it's not just because you're a homosexual)

(you're a homosexual because no girl would fuck you)

Attached: 08-09-07_0238_20180704173854.jpg (320x240, 15.78K)

and finally, here's something for you to contemplate……………

I used to live in a beautiful house that I nicknamed 'Disgraceland', a parody of Elvis Presley's Graceland.

Believe it or not (100% TRUE) I had a client who paid me thousands of dollars TO PAINT MURALS IN MY OWN HOUSE….

in MY house

on MY walls

he became my business manager for several years, and he PAID ME to paint murals in my own house, so he could invite prospective clients over to see my walls….

lol see ?…. What I'm saying is that you're nothing, and the reason you're nothing is because nobody wants what you have to offer….

Attached: JN Images (12).jpg (1728x2304, 421.55K)

Wrong again bitchboy. It's a series of tubes, you tremendous newfag who wasn't even there when this phrase was common.

These corporate shills deserve a special type of torture on the day of the guillotine I swear.

It amazes me how docile the average American is. They are being blatantly fucked in the ass by these greedy corporate scumbags and they will do absolutely NOTHING but threaten to vote in the other party of bought off and payed for corporate puppets.

Exterminate the rich/Jews or perish. They will bleed you and rob you from every angle, they are completely predatory and psychopathic. Kill them or be killed.

Attached: zzzviolenceinsociety.png (1543x719, 376.98K)

you're LITERALLY (as in: literally) LITERALLY one of the most effeminate little girls I've ever had the displasure of witnessing in my entire life

And that's why the guillotine was invented.

incorrect once again, Sally

The guillotine was actually invented because it was a clean way to separate the head, and of the oxygen in the brain kept the head and brain alive for anywhere between 8 to 15 seconds after decapitation…. The custom was to grab the severed head by the hair, and point it at its former body, so the brains last conscious thoughts would be the vision of its own severed detached body, and it was used as a final form of torture before death through the ultimate humiliation…

……….however…………

RE: your opinions about whether or not you're happy about being steamrolled by corporate America, nobody gives a flying fuck what you think, or if you're happy or not

So shut your fucking mouth and keep your opinions to yourself

I'm fascinated by the fact that you somehow seemed to think that they claimed there was a 'scarcity of data'…….

They never asserted any such thing….

They never claimed there was a scarcity of anything whatsoever

They don't have to make-up lies or justify anything… They aren't asking you for permission….

They're TELLING YOU that you will pay more…………

and that's EGG ZACK LEE™ what you going to do, whether you like it or not…

And it's only going to get worse karma you little bitch…..

you'll do whatever they tell you to do

because they don't need you

YOU need THEM…………………

They have hundreds of millions of customers, so they don't give a fuck if you live or die……

(And the funniest part is: you're going to pay through your nose, just so you can continue wasting your empty life in HERE)

in essence, what I'm saying is you're an irrelevant effeminate mosquito, who's opinions will never matter to anyone other than yourself, so there's no need to waste other people's time with it.

you'll spend the rest of your life the same way you've spend the past: on your knees, taking orders, and thanking your victimizers…

This random word bot is amazing, user. Share the source code please.

TRANSLATION: you'll pay whatever they tell you to pay

and although you'll bend
to their will, forking over
more and more money…

it will all be wasted… just
so you can sit on your ass

here in Zig Forums

I've seen better murals made by taggers. Your work is generic trash.

If they are metering it they are treating it as finite. No back to painting lines on the highway johnnyboy.

Oh and your music sucks. If you were as special as you think you are your YouTube music video would be a hit. It wasn't even good for the 80s. Pure auditory garbage.

lol WHAT 'MUSIC', you stupid idiot?

none of the music on my YouTube is actually made by ME hahahahaha YOURE SOOOO STUPID!!

you should seriously win an award for being the stupidest motherfucker on earth

wow!! I can't believe HOW fucking stupid you are

First, you're so stupid that you say 'youve seen better murals done by blah blah blah' when youve never seen any of my murals because I've never posted any photographs of my murals' (other than the picture of the Aphrodite that I posted today, and that's not an actual 'mural')

as if that wasn't a big enough failure, you were SO FUCKING STUPID that you said you thought that I had my own music on YouTube!!!

you're a fucking IDIOT!!!
c o n g r a t u l a t i o n s

Hahahaha HAHAHAHA !!!!

CLASSIC !!!

Wendy's laughing her ass off at you

I just laughed my ass off at how fucking STUPID that was
Who's stupid now?

Dear Lonely Latent Homosexual Video Game Playing Adult male,

Your parents are disgusted by
the way you turned out.

AGAIN, PHLEGMFAG

you're one of THE stupidest god damn idiots I've ever seen

Hey, Genius…..
Here's an idea:
of course, you're aware that I also do sculptures, lifecasts, and 3D animation, right?….

Why don't you tell me how bad my sculptures are?…. (they're excellent by the way)

Maybe you should tell me how my lifecasts are inferior to other people's lifecasts?

Or perhaps you could 'hurt my feelings' by telling me my 3D modeling & animated renders 'suck'?…..

I'll tell you why you aren't saying those things…….

Because you've never seen ANY of my real art before

you've become obsessed, feverishly trying to Google my work….

BUT IVE NEVER PUT ANY OF MY PROFESSIONAL WORK ONLINE

idiot

So…. In summary……

you made such a fucking fool out of yourself, that it's comical