I’ve been a Christian for a few months, recovering from being a polyp. I need help on something...

I’ve been a Christian for a few months, recovering from being a polyp. I need help on something. I love Christianity and Christ and the Bible but the story of Jacob and Esau made me angry, mostly because I don’t get it. Jacob betrayed Esau through guile and he is rewarded for it. He lied to his father so he could get Esau’s birthright. Also I read this kike explanation of Jacobs ladder and it said that it symbolizes all the times Jews will be in captivity and the final one is the captivity of Edom which they basically believe is Europeans. I don’t know guys this is really bugging me.

Attached: BE11132D-5130-44D2-AC56-ED3729353E76.jpeg (500x397, 76.29K)

Cut a deal fair and square.
Daddy knew.

Commentators say various things about Jacob's conduct, but generally agree Esau deserved to lose his birthright selling it for food when he was clearly not even in danger of starving. The text even says, "Esau despised his birthright."

Ive heard that Jacob represents someone who puts their trust in their mother (Mary) amd esau represents the reprobate. The father obviously said that it was part of Gods plan so he let it go.

Jacob Had to wait years to marry the woman he wanted to marry, and was then given the hand of her sister and had to wait even more to marry to woman he actually wanted to marry. He got his comeuppance

Esau didn't care for being a Firstborn in the first place.

Do not do that, modern jews have very little worth listening to in their exegesis because they make it all about themselves.

that's like saying you recovered from having an immune system.
Enjoy your downfall.

Esau didn't value his birthright AT ALL thus it was only fitting that he lose it. Frankly I think he gets off light for spitting in God's eye.

Yeah you are probably right it just bugged me a lot. To think that they believe the white race is Edom and that Jacobs ladder shows them defeating us. It made me very angry

What I meant by polyp I mean a neo pagan retard

Get an Orthodox Study Bible.

Jews value trickery and deceit. That's why Jacob's the good guy here.

And we as Christians are supposed to think he is a good guy here too because it says in the Bible God hated Esau so that’s why I was a little mad

Thanks for all your answers guys it helped me

I really doubt that stop drinking propaganda from zog/pol/ can cause anyone's downfall.

Esau = Hebrews
Jacob = Christians
Isaac = the Father
the skin of the lamb = Jesus Christ
the birthright = the Abrahamic Covenant
the pottage = ???

Please tell me there are people trying desperately to fit in with the cheesy kekistan crowd?

I think this is a /thread explanation, I'm surprised no one gave me a (you)

FYI, St. Louis de Montfort writes about that typology in his book True Devotion.

I wouldn't take statements like "Esau he hated" to mean that God absolutely hated
Esau, only that relative to Jacob he got the short end of the stick. Materially speaking, even though Esau lost his birthright, Esau still did well for himself, as you see when Jacob returns to meet him. Nor would I necessarily take it to mean that Esau is in hell. Jacob and Esau are typological figures of the elect and the reprobate, but I wouldn't presume that he could not have been saved individually. Genesis is not history for the sake of history. Everything has a deeper meaning.

Couple things worth mentioning here, first that as someone already said, Esau actually despised his birthright. So when I read the story, I realize that when Esau is trading away his birthright, it is an act of intentional belittlement of it. He knows exactly what it is, but he wants to act like he doesn't need it and it's worth less to him than the pottage. So when it turns out he can't back out of it later, he should have foreseen that.

Jacob for his part has to run away from home for and gets deceived/exploited by Laban, who takes advantage as much as he can of being the head of that household. After fourteen years it is Jacob trying to escape under cover of night and Laban goes chasing after him trying to still get more, so Jacob has to pay him off one more time just to get freedom to go home. And after that, Esau is the one who wants to be friendly when he returns, while Jacob is still afraid of receiving some kind of vengeance for what he did after all that time.

In the end, Edom receives its own lands around mount Seir and was its own nation for a while. But it wasn't the birthright that he would have had as the firstborn. But it just shows how his actions were able to make more difference, despite having the fortune of being the first twin to be born, he ended up receiving less inheritance due to his own actions.

And I wouldn't let the talmudic jews bother you, they are so confused about things it will be a rude awakening to them when reality finally sets in.

Jacob suffered for his sins because later he was beguiled by his own sons that his favorite son, Joseph, was killed by a lion. So Jacob lived a long time under a false pretense that his favorite child was dead, when in fact Joseph was alive and God was going to use this situation to bail out Jacob and his family. God works in mysterious ways and He can even use a flawed character like Jacob (including us) to accomplish His Will.

I could be wrong so please correct me or give your viewpoint, but that is how I've always read that story.

Attached: bible.png (800x800, 19.02K)