Brave Canuck dad fights off polar bear,3 kids get to boat, he gets eaten

A father from the northern Canadian territory of Nunavut was mauled to death while protecting his children from a polar bear on July 3, Canadian police said.

The man, 31-year-old Aaron Gibbons, was out for a walk with his children and some other community members on Century Island when it happened, a family member told The Toronto Star.

“When they were on the island walking around … a bear surprised them,” Gibbons' uncle Gordy Kidlapik told the paper. “The bear had started to stalk the children.”

Police said the attack happened about 10 kilometers from Arviat, a small town of about 2,600 people.

What (Aaron) did was he told his children to run away to the boat while he was putting himself between the bear and his children to protect them," the uncle told the Canadian Press. The children were able to make it safely to a boat and call for help on a radio.

"We actually heard the call for help," Kidlapik told the Canadian Press. "It was terrible to listen to."

Another community member was able to kill the bear, and Gibbons was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

"Definitely Aaron died a hero, he protected his children," Gibbons' cousin Eric Anoee told the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. "It's [the] right word to say right now."

Daniel Pimentel, an official with the territory’s Department of Environment, told the Toronto Star the last time a polar bear killed someone in the area was 18 years ago.

“It has been a very long time since the last polar bear attack resulted in human fatality,” he told the paper. “They’re very uncommon in Nunavut.”

Anoee told the CBC Gibbons was a capable hunter who loved spending time with his kids. "We are still in shock but we are resilient and we will go on and continue as a community," he told the station.

Kidlapik mourned the loss of his nephew on Twitter, and called out the business Churchill Wild, which provides polar bear tours, saying getting the bears acclimated to humans was dangerous. "It may have been one of these bears that killed my qangiaq," he wrote, using the Inuinnaqtun term for nephew, according to the Winnipeg Free Press.
miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/article214355649.html

Attached: 1zzybbx6lcox.jpg (920x562, 41.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

truthersworld.co.uk/2018/04/26/how-5g-will-kill-the-birds-bees-and-your-loved-ones/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is why I deserve to own fully automatic weapons. In case of polar bear attacks.

Doesn't bear spray suffice? Why didn't this fag have it with him?

This sucks and I feel bad for the kids, but this is a hell of a manly way to go: killed by an apex predator while protecting your young.

A true fucking hero.

no if he was protecting his children he wouldnt have gone into the wilderness, especially not a spot inhabited by fucking polar bears, without a firearm lol
theres probably a higher rate of firearm ownership in canada than most european nations and you can legally carry non-restricted firearms about in the wilderness with you. now, you will almost certainly be harrassed by local cops or the rcmp for doing so in many places but in a wild area populated with bear there would be no chance of that

gun was in the boat

stupid if true

It isn't enough to destroy the creatures into near extinction, while also destroy each and every one of their natural habitats until they are forced back to survive on some secluded island…no let's use those places to show our kids how beautiful nature is. I just hope daddy died as slow as possible.

I want to hear the call for help.

Also props to the dad, despite his amazing lack of foresight with his gun.

what a retard, but how easy it would be to stop attacking polar bear with raifu? I mean they're pretty huge, and in 'the attack mode' it probably doesn't stop like in the movies, so you'd need to see it far away, right?

Getting killed because you are an idiot is not manly, it is pathetic.

This tbh

if he would have been childless, this would be a place for Darwin award

Ammo selection and shot placement is key. Big heavy slow moving lead hardcasts are ideal, brenneke black magic slugs or garrett hammerheads. Bear skulls are thick enough to cause high speed spitzer/ballistic tip bullets to ricochet off. An old time hunter told me a story back in the day about a group of hunters that got mauled to death by a grizzly. They emptied their magazines into the bear but it still managed to kill them before dieing itself. Turns out they managed to hit the bear multiple times straight on the front of the skull. But the bone was thick enough and at a steep enough angle that the bullets just glanced off.

the real key is carrying something that allows you to put alo of lead downrange in a short period of time if you are intending to use it for defence against an attacking animal, i.e., a civilian battlerifle variant, because youre not going to be discerning about where youre placing the shots on a bear thats charging at you

This is also true. I remember reading about a russian who killed a charging grizzly by magdumping his ak-74 into it.
The best setup would be a battle rifle with heavy flatnose bullets or a 12 gauge with hard cast slugs. One of those big bore african double rifles would also work well.

EGG ZACK LEE™

LOL NOT ANYMORE
karma's a bitch

Not surprisingly, humans (especially YOU) are the weakest, most pathetic, bumbling, idiotic, incompetent, spineless, inadequate, wimpy, weak, powerless, worthless pieces of shit on the planet.

That's why a bitch boy sissy faggot like (You) has to use a gun.

A baby raccoon would LITERALLY tear your face off.

A baby squirrel would rip your eyes out.

A hummingbird would castrate you.

A deformed brain damaged baby deer with only one leg would easily disembowel you.

An effeminate fruitfly would go into your ear and put you out of commission.

because you're a weakling

you're a weak, incapable insignificance, who compensates with a firearm

A swarm of yellow jackets would pimp you out to Iranian businessmen

A dolphin would put a saddle on your back and sell rides at a child's backyard birthday party

A bluebird egg would hatch and the face that pops out would enslave you into picking cotton in a Mississippi field

An aphid would steal your lunch money

Because you're a sad excuse for a man

nobody likes you or bothers to read your posts

another mother not pulling her weight.

this is why women are not our equal and never will be.

Now 3 kids will grow up fatherless, good job dumbass

Glad he's dead, shame he already spread his idiocy genes

Also he didn't "fight off" the bear if it killed the ever loving shit out of him, he died like the retarded bitch that he is. The only sad thing about this entire article is that they killed the polar bear despite the fact that it did nothing wrong, it was just responding to the idiocy of the human which started this whole thing.

Also polar bears are a threatened species which means they are likely to become an endangered unless the circumstances that are threatening its survival and reproduction improve. Good job on pointlessly driving this species closer to extinction because you just absolutely fucking HAD to have some pointless nature walk in an area that you KNEW was dangerous you shitsucking fuckup. I hope his kids get raped to death by muslims, he was most likely an open border cuck too. Bring back Eugenics immediately, at least half the human population deserves to be fucking gassed.

Attached: rage3.jpg (510x576, 103.85K)

you know what? you're a good guy, user.

We craft and use tools. Our strength is our intellect, not our muscles. Sure, we cant rip an animals face off like a chimp can, but we can genetically engineer that chimp to be a passive fearful bitch for the rest of its species existence. We developed an invisible worldwide communication network, but we cant sting things with our asses. Damn our weakness!
If you think strength is only physical, you have things to reconsider.

99% of all the life thats ever lived on this planet is extinct. Life is fleeting, and impacted by everything that happens everywhere. "Driven closer to extinction"?? What a stupid thing to be caught up in, given that death is a part of life, and no matter what you do, that bear is going to live a pointless life and then die covered in snow.
Environmentalists sicken me, because you dont give a shit about anything except the image others have of you. Want to REALLY make an impact? Sell everything and live in the woods, eating only what you can grow (since im sure hunting is cruel when humans do it, but a pack of lions eating a zebra while it screams itself to death is just fine), but all you'll do is claim to be this or that for the imaginary brownie points. How many things died so you could have your clothing? Or your phone? Or the electricity that powers your house? And you act like this guy going into nature with his kids was doing damage?

Why the fuck didn't he have a shotgun or rifle with him? Jesus Christ, people don't even go into the forest in Northern Canada without a firearm, much less the polar regions.

F

Fuck you. You know the humans out there that figured out how to craft and use tools are an obscenely insignificant minority at best. A couple of flukes in a sea of people that wouldn't last a week in nature and only live due to piggybacking off the inventions of the laughably small amount of humans who weren't fucking idiots.
You've done fuck all your entire life except jack off to anime tiddies, play video games and disappoint your parents. You are so desperate to ride on the coattails of the handful of people throughout our entire history who weren't worthless fuckups and even those people were incapable of figuring out how to create things without ruining nature. Humans are HOPELESSLY dependent on the resources of nature yet they are completely irrelevant to nature itself, if human beings went extinct tomorrow it would be a net benefit for the entire world, they have more in common with a virus than an actual species. Humans take and destroy and make no effort whatsoever to repair the damage which will eventually lead to the entire system collapsing thanks the ludicrously short sighted and selfish nature of human beings. Does that seem intelligent to you at all?

Disrupting the delicate balance of life that is necessary for nature to produce the resources we need to survive. Intelligent.

Which is seriously fucking up both nature and humanity:
truthersworld.co.uk/2018/04/26/how-5g-will-kill-the-birds-bees-and-your-loved-ones/

You come across as one of those types that play 4X games and jerk your micropenis off to colonizing planets managed by retarded AI programmed by mouth breathing morons and unironically enjoy shitty " hurr durrfuck yeah humanity" /tg/ copypasta. If humans ran into aliens they would push our shit in incredibly hard and have us enslaved before the end of the week. Fantasy is the only place where humans are anything other than incompetent, braindead, short sighted, ignorant pig chimps with a massively overinflated ego over absolutely nothing.

Attached: gayplanet.jpg (250x243, 14.01K)

Do they cut the bear's stomach open and bury the remains?

What happens when the ate person is digested?

Do they give the bear shit a funeral?

No disrespect mean't for this brave but hapless Dad who takes his kids on an Island inhabited by bears and leaves his gun on the boat, and where someone was killed by a bear 18 yrs earlier .

Attached: index.jpeg (259x194, 3.39K)

Oh look, another normalfag retard who believes everything in the MSM

Like i said, death is inevitable. What we do before we all die is what matters, and sitting back wishing for everything to get along isnt going to happen. Human nature, just like animal nature prevents it. Would this world be so much better off if it were covered wall to wall in forests? Would there be no more suffering or death because there were no humans? We took raw resources and crafted wonders with them. And of course I say we, the achievements of our toddlers outshine almost all other animals, just because we arent all writing our own personal revelations about new, previously undiscovered laws that govern the universe doesnt make us worthless. What did any other race of animals ever do on this planet that had a lasting effect besides fertilize the soil upon their death?

I was going to rip a new asshole, but then I saw that you did it first, and you basically took all of the words right out of my mouth

There are semi-auto 12 gauges, so that's something. Don't know how reliable they are though (wrt jamming).

Satan is right. We rule this world not out of personal merit but solely due to our ability to mimic the few competents among us who did figure out how to meaningfully manipulate the world around us.

Attached: 1433085914329.jpg (640x480, 56.16K)

A shotgun with slugs would probably do just fine to put the fucker down, just need to hit a couple times in the right spot and it'd either die within seconds or decide the fight isn't worth it and run away. This meme of "bear loads" that's infecting the shotgun market is ridiculous. A rifle would probably do fine too, but I'd want the concussion of the shotgun to help deter a polar bear.

Woah lad, gonna need you to put a little less edge on that. For all those >memearrows you're using, you're doing the exact same thing by putting all of humanity in a box.

Oh-so-enlightened black hats like you are a fucking dime a dozen; even more so than the "witless" masses you're so hilariously eager to dismiss. Evolution is a product of margins, true, but you're an even bigger faggot than you're making yourself out to be if you think the mountain of humanity isn't built on a sturdy bedrock of chaff and intellectual dead-ends.

Attached: Pondola.jpg (599x413, 17.52K)

he's politely feasting in Valhalla now, also checked

I don't disagree that disarmament is the first step on the road to slavery, but I doubt he'd have had it on him at the time.

trips confirm he's Satan, whaddya expect?

It's a polar bear, bear spray does jack shit against them you need a gun to kill it. They eat everything so you're prey in it's eyes just like everything else.

sauce? genuinely want to know more

Disavowal and a desperate, impotent need to make humanity feel like worthless animals rather than the favorites of some benevolent omnipotent creator?

Huh, wait a second…

Yeshua, Allah, Yahweh or who? none of those are benevolent

The more common gas driven semi autos from mossberg and winchester and bennelli are generally very reliable. Comparing the reliability, the pump action mechanisms themselves are probably more reliable. But unless you've trained extensively with one, it's surprisingly easy to short shuck when you're under stress.

I'm curious exactly WHEN do you intend on getting off your lazy fucking ass and doing something with your life?