Vatican Treasurer to stand trial for sexual offenses allegations

Has anybody here been following this story? As an Australian, I'd like to here what perspective people of other countries have about this.

If you're not familiar with the story, here's a quick rundown:

theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/may/01/who-is-cardinal-george-pell-and-what-is-he-accused-of
smh.com.au/world/europe/pell-faces-demotion-in-rome-vatican-expert-says-20180502-p4zcrx.html

Attached: pell.jpg (594x350, 33.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2017/07/the-case-against-cardinal-pell
pokrov.org/status/convicted/
newsweek.com/priest-guilty-violent-sex-acts-children-orthodox-christian-youth-camps-783725
rferl.org/a/serbia-orthodox-church-bishop-orgies-rape-scandal/24965214.html
themoscowtimes.com/news/russian-orthodox-priest-suspected-of-pedophilia-detained-in-israel-39637
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just another one of the Vatican's many pranks

Are there any proofs or it's #metoo bullshit?

nope

The accuser insists he and another boy were assaulted at the same time. The other alleged victim emphatically denied the incident until his death (the incident was like 40 years ago). Pell is despised by the Australian left (especially the newspapers quoted here) and gay rights activists.

Probably got in the way of (((them))) from grubbing the vaticans bank and is now paying the price

That awkward moment when Benedict XVI will never be able to testify about the clerical sex abuse scandals during his tenure because he has diplomatic immunity even though he's not pope.

Why don´t they sleep with women instead of boys, like most normal men would?

We mustn't make definite judgements about people before we are certain that they are lying, but:
firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2017/07/the-case-against-cardinal-pell

Because one of the biggest pranks the Vatican played on the world is forbidding their clergymen to marry (save some areas of SA, where Catholicism is dying out).

Prots and Orthodox got that one right.

Attached: 1314038898241.png (369x317, 58.25K)

Wow so progressive

Why won't those backwards Catholics get in with the times?!?!?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 10.11.21 AM.png (829x822, 1.02M)

what the

Here is your (you), samefag

All that sexual frustration has to go somewhere. If not in a wife, than in the alter boy.

Leviticus 20:13 is the only solution to the sodomite problem. Ordaining them into the clergy wont turn them into saints.

You win this time, protty man! Remember, if your priest calls, tell xir how happy you are that you're not an repressive homophobic wymynphobic c*tholic!

Attached: p10_sweden-bishops-1.jpeg (538x359, 48.21K)

What argument did you have?

Then why don't they just break their vows and hire a prostitute? It looks like you are projecting something.

At least we TRY to weed them out before ordination. Yours are actually celebrated and given high ranking positions in the name of progressiveness.

Nice try tigger, im not a filthy methodist.
le (((projection))) maymay
Not an argument

It's only a prank, bro!

Shut up, homo

Attached: >papists.png (768x1024, 769.87K)

Attached: GayBaptists.jpeg (480x297, 31.77K)

Come on guys, its called Sedevacantism

I still hold faith in God: He is punishing us with the current pope; one day, when we'll be few and scattered, He'll send us another good one. We had far worse popes in the past.

The vast majority of minor abuse happen inside the family. Saying that priests having a family would therefore make minor abuse less frequent is an absolute non-argument.
Abuses happen happen among prot ministers and ortho clergy too

Good thing no sexual abuse is ever committed by doctors, teachers and sports coaches. After all, they can marry, can't they?

Can you point to those denominations that moved hundreds of known child molesters around for decades while covering it up? A cover up that went to the highest levels of authority in the church?

A better argument would be to say the RCC Abuse rates are not different then regular society

Eww, sedevacants are just pr*ots in denial. You scum need the Pope in your life.

Attached: I Love Pope Francis Shirt Design.jpg (576x720, 68.11K)

What an appalling case. I mean, how can one even defend himself against such unverifiable statements? The saddest thing is that the press worldwide is treating him as a sexual predator.

These are sure dark times we're living in. Let's pray Cardinal Pell gets a fair trial.

I know right, it's just as well all those celebrities and producers in Hollywood can marry otherwise there would be a rape epidemic.

Don't forget there are more Catholics than all other Christian denominations combined. There's 450,000 RC clergy today, and another million Brothers and Sisters.

Lol

Orthodox clergy doesnt have pedos? sorry i have bad news.
pokrov.org/status/convicted/

newsweek.com/priest-guilty-violent-sex-acts-children-orthodox-christian-youth-camps-783725
rferl.org/a/serbia-orthodox-church-bishop-orgies-rape-scandal/24965214.html
themoscowtimes.com/news/russian-orthodox-priest-suspected-of-pedophilia-detained-in-israel-39637

You know there's a big difference from having a pedo priest to having a literal pedo mafia inside your church with ties reaching to the pope himself
Also if an Ortho priest is accused for anything (not just pedo things) he is removed quickly from his post even if there're no proofs for it.

Slander is a sin user. If you do not have proof of what you're saying then you should not say it, lest you slander ones name.

hey, wasn't cardinal Pell that one who won debate with Dawkins or something?

Didn't he cover up a huge pedo scandal in Chile recently and attacked the victims? I believe it's pretty obvious.

You know as well as I do that only happens because only catholics are targeted because the orthodox Church is an indredibly small fraction. People don't even know the orthodox church exists.

And be thankful, since as you said, any leftist can come up with accusations to remove whoever is convenient from any position.

Here it is

Become Orthodox.

This.

Attached: greek-orthodox-priest.jpg (451x650, 115.49K)

Is this real? Because this is terrible way to handle things.

Ooooh, as an ozfailian too, i cannot be other countries?

A radical thought, though . . .

What if those who have been profiting from the
… conspired to have Pell brought home on sexual abuse charges to prevent him discovering the truth about the money or reforming things so that the running tap is stopped … or worse yet … l'horreur!! … becoming the next Pope to stop the rot!!

I say there's (a) a pretty strong incentive to pay for some lawyers for some abused guys now in the 40s to make false accusations, and (b) a pretty damn fine thriller film to be had out of this premise

Not literally, but the Orthodox Church is expedient in dealing with trespassers and does not get caught up on legalisms. The Catholic Church was sheltering pedophiles, the Orthodox Church could never do that.

What I mean is "speedy". English is not my mother tongue.