First-Of-Its-Kind University Study Proves Without A Doubt That Your Phone Is Spying On You

For years, conspiracy theories about smart phones listening to users without their permission to show them advertisements have abounded.

While some researchers have shown this could happen, a first of its kind study just found something far more insidious. Academics at Northeastern University have just proven that your phone is recording your screen - as in taking video - and uploading it to third parties.

For the last year, Elleen Pan, Jingjing Ren, Martina Lindorfer, Christo Wilson, and David Choffnes ran an experiment involving more than 17,000 of the most popular Android apps using ten different phones. Their findings were alarming, to say the least.

As Gizmodo points out, during the study, the researchers started to see that screenshots and video recordings of what people were doing in apps were being sent to third-party domains. For example, when one of the phones used an app from GoPuff, a delivery start-up for people who have sudden cravings for junk food, the interaction with the app was recorded and sent to a domain affiliated with Appsee, a mobile analytics company. The video included a screen where you could enter personal information - in this case, their zip code.

GoPuff did not disclose in its terms of use that its app was recording users screens and uploading this data to a third party. What’s more, when they were contacted by the researchers GoPuff merely added a disclosure to their policy acknowledging that “ApSee” might receive users PII.

The fact that these apps can record your screen without you knowing and use this data is chilling. It illustrates how easy it would be for a malicious actor to be able to look at your private messages, personal information, passwords, photos, and videos. None of this is stopped by your phone’s security either as it is a function built into the apps and you don’t have an option to disallow it.

zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-06/first-its-kind-university-study-proves-without-doubt-your-phone-spying-you

Attached: amerilards.jpg (839x648, 151.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/science/2018/07/elon-musk-making-kid-sized-submarine-to-rescue-teens-in-thailand-cave/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who would have fucking guessed.

Attached: appsee1.png (1543x798, 198.97K)

Attached: appsee2.png (724x326, 77.44K)

Attached: PicsArt_05-01-11.19.32.jpg (842x1136, 144.33K)

This is old news, dude….

There's a pretty damn good video called A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon that's well worth watching… It presents the best evidence so far of a faked moon landing….

…. I know… I know… Conspiracy theorists, right ?…

Well, trust me: this is the best evidence so far, and in this 10 minute segment of the documentary, you will see how NASA absolutely DEFINITELY faked part of the mission, and if they faked 'part' of it, why should you believe any of the rest of it is true?

i realize you have A.D.D., so forward to about 4:00 in the video to get to the best part

in this clip, you will see how they pointed a camera at a circular window in the Space Capsule, and turned the lights out inside of the capsule, and broadcast back to Earth to make it appear as if they were looking at Planet Earth from 130,000 miles away. But they were only a couple hundred miles up, and what appeared to be a small view of our planet was actually only a small window, with a partial view of the planet up close. You can actually hear them discussing it with Houston Ground Control, and after they shot the fake video, they turn the lights back on inside of the capsule and you can see it was actually fake

It's well worth watching

I've created this rudimentary animated .gif to illustrate what NASA did to make it appear that they were filming from far away, when they were actually in low orbit.

Attached: PicsArt_07-07-11.02.54.gif (440x480, 1M)

nice derailment attempt kike

This is the image they sent back to Earth, claiming it was a view of our planet from 130,000 miles away.

it's NOT. It's actually a fairly close up of you of just a tiny section of the visible planet, and the circular shape is caused by the window they are shooting footage from.

That's why the circular shape is imperfect

They were not 130,000 miles away at all

They were 200 miles away from Earth, but 9 hours later they claimed they were landing on the moon's surface.

This video presents very good evidence that the Apollo mission was completely political, and intended to bluff Russia, who already had clear superiority in the space race.

This video tends to proof that instead of going to the Moon, the Apollo Rocket simply orbited planet Earth and they broadcast fake Moon footage.

I was skeptical when I first started watching the video, but they did a damn good job of presenting what I believed to be the best evidence yet: the accidentally released footage looking out the window, and the audio Transmissions between Ground Control and the astronauts, being queued when to speak in a fake transmission about how far away from Earth they were…..

Watch it and decide for yourself

Attached: PicsArt_07-07-10.29.29.png (1080x1103, 671.52K)

I've always said that I didn't think the first moon landing was real, because we weren't ready for it, but I believed that the subsequent moon landings were legitimate

… I based that opinion on pure instinct…..

I have reformulated my opinion, and I am now of the firm belief that we never went to the moon at all.

(And I am a skeptic when it comes to conspiracy theories)

Like clockwork.

Attached: 01405479c8ec1f5129d1sda24314799151f40d95c5bca71f17dbbfe6d7e1a59.jpg (550x554, 28.7K)

the 12 kids can't swim, and it's a 2.5 mile underwater journey to get out of the cave. that 2.5 miles takes trained expert Navy SEAL divers around 5 hours to travel, because it's treacherous and strewn with debris

Attached: profile.jpg (1120x776, 47.86K)

The cave is about to flood completely, because of the monsoon rains that are coming next week.

Have I mentioned that your thread sucks yet?

Attached: PicsArt_07-07-09.14.26.png (1080x1049, 1.09M)

Imagine having to try 'buddy system's diving, leading 12 kids (who can't swim) through a 5 hour underwater journey filled with dangerous sharp debris, and many parts of it being through holes only this small.

yeah, I'm not exactly 'pleased' by your choice of thread topic…. that's actually an understatement of grand proportion….

SO…..

How are we going to handle this? It's not like I'm going to give you another chance, because we've been through this many times already….

I'm going to let you decide what the punishment should be….

Attached: PicsArt_07-07-09.26.54.png (1080x1044, 189.92K)

Goggle has announced that it is about to release a new gaming console, but it's not going to be like Xbox or Playstation or any of the other consoles

It's going to be based on live streaming gaming from the cloud

I know that you will be interested in this because you don't have a girlfriend, and you like to play video games, which is really creepy and ironic, because the reason you don't have a girlfriend is you play video games all the time, and the girls are not interested in guys who play video games, because it indicates a certain lack of maturity and masculinity, and it's the clearest indicator of latent homosexuality……

Have you been thinking about what would be a fair punishment for creating this fucking thread?

Attached: PicsArt_07-07-11.40.04.png (1080x617, 159.59K)

I've got a pretty good idea for a new thread for you to create after I make you delete this one…

On April 24th, at 5:57 p.m., I texted this number and told them to fuck themself

That would be a pretty good thread, don't you think?

Attached: Screenshot_20180707-234344.png (1080x1920, 105.65K)

And hold on… It gets even better… It's been more than 2 months, and out of the blue I just texted them again, telling them to fuck off

See?….

I think everybody would agree that this would make a much better thread, so I want you to start bouncing around ideas and figure out how to package it and make it look more exciting

Attached: Screenshot_20180707-234412.png (1080x1920, 139.27K)

Here's another idea… Delete this thread, because it sucks… You know it, I know it, and everybody knows it… We're simply not interested in this thread… Nobody is…

Take this animated gif, and build a story around it… Jazz it up, and show us what you've got…

Make it seem like it's got something to do with science or technology… Or light bulbs even… Make it seem like there's some breaking news about scientific technologically-advanced light bulbs that's going to change the world…..

And while you're doing that but I want you to work on something that you think would be a fair punishment for creating this piece of shit thread….

Trust me… You do NOT want ME coming up with the punishment, because I will make your life a living hell….

Attached: lead_720_405.gif (719x405, 2.76M)

They really don't want people to know about this, do they?

There's nothing to see here folks, so keep moving along….

No need to worry about your telephone… There are much more important things to think about

like THIS THAT, worn by Princess Beatrice during her 2011 wedding.

Attached: _102429378_12cd50cb-8460-4a86-82e3-c90303b7e8e4.jpg (340x344, 20.32K)

HAT*

HAT… HAT… GOD DAMMIT!!

Princess Beatrice looked lovely in this stylish headwear at her wedding, and your phone is just a phone, and nothing more.

Look into the hat and relax….

Look deeply….

Deeper……

You're getting sleepy….

Attached: PicsArt_07-08-12.21.36.png (1080x1831, 1.52M)

Sleepier…..

…..and sleepier…..

……now you're feeling totally relaxed

…and when you read the word 'Humperdink', you have no memory of the story about Android phones….

…. Sleepier…..

……. Relaxed……

….sleepier……..

humperdink

Attached: princess-beatrice-wedding-hat.jpg (600x452, 83.2K)

LMAO look at how hard the shills are trying to derail this thread.

Attached: 1531013413303.png (397x401, 302.41K)

brb going to Zig Forumswith this.

Elon musk has made little escape pods to bring the boys out

He's a hero if he does it, even though he didnt rick his life one iota

He's a dog if any kids die

Elon Musk making “kid-sized submarine” to rescue teens in Thailand cave

arstechnica.com/science/2018/07/elon-musk-making-kid-sized-submarine-to-rescue-teens-in-thailand-cave/

T. Phoneposter

ITT: phonefag assblasted about news that his phone is botnet, even though it was obvious to everyone tech literate.

Women also don't like men who eat doritos and drink soda all the time. You gotta start lifting, start drinking adult drinks (Tonic water, Club Soda, things like that), and start reading and getting interests outside of vidya.

Musk hasn't made the pods at all

He THOUGHT ABOUT them

And they won't work, for multiple reasons, the least of which is that the cave consists of tunnels that get so small, that a human has a hard time crawling through, and they're filled with debris.

I'm not assblasted at all, and I know MUCH more than you do about Dalvik, you fucking uneducated idiot. I've known all about this story for years, plus a lot more about how everything you do on phones AND obsolete comuoters like yours gets monitored

Dumbass

still sucking cocks I see. if you're a dedicated faggot like i know you are, you gotta start sucking cocks real early in the morning.

I'm vegan, you presumptuous noob, and 'adult drinks' like tonic water & Club Soda are bullshit. I drink WATER, and lots of it. I don't touch nasty processed anything.

Adios

How could it orbit the earth if the earth is flat

wow….. you terrible at this

I'm vegan, you presumptuous noob,

Confirmed a massive faggot. You're still doing that adios thing from yesterday? You really are a loser. XD

if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have realized that I made a speech to text typo, and inadvertantly posted 'proof' rather than 'prove'

And for that, I thank you

Adios

Adios

I like the adios thing.

(adios)

Too easy. I always get your attention.

Thanks!

Adios to you, as well

A

D

I

O

S

…Kay???

adios

Hey Johnny, why don't you have a job

Because your taxes pay for his existence.

Attached: PicsArt_07-08-01.24.00.jpg (1484x841, 249.11K)

I'm not American so they don't

Stay cucked; you'll adopt anything.

i 'AM' my job. Unlike you, I was born with a natural TALENT

Only hipster soyboys phonepost

Adios

Attached: PicsArt_07-07-03.37.08.png (1484x841, 59.25K)

heh you sure are. your job is waste disposal and you're the waste

I can live with that

Adios

Haha, we didn't need you to admit it to know.

I've never even given a second thought to 'subscribers' anywhere

That's for people like you

Adios

I wouldn't give a second thought to something I couldn't get either

ADIOS LOL

I couldn't give less of a fuck what you think or say

I can live with that

adios

Hahaha easy.

Adios

Still far too easy.

Attached: PicsArt_07-08-01.44.11.jpg (400x400, 40.67K)

So in other words you're a good for nothing slacker leech
Ha What a Loser

XD It's true.

Attached: PicsArt_07-07-04.43.29.jpg (500x375, 49.84K)

Attached: PicsArt_07-07-05.09.35.jpg (610x343, 46.78K)

You're losing that 'shtick' you were talking about. It'd be a shame if everyone… didn't remember you.

LOL

Yeah I've got to get going, need to get some sleep, I got work in the morning, you know what work is right?

Attached: PicsArt_07-07-03.47.57.jpg (991x467, 62.32K)

Adios

Attached: PicsArt_07-07-04.24.28.jpg (1600x1196, 253.91K)

I know I'm hitting home, I made the failure double post on account of me.

XDXDXDXDXDXD

Attached: PicsArt_07-07-03.52.38.jpg (800x800, 70.09K)

adios

Adios

Your brain is failing you. I'm sure you'll produce something unique soon. Go get some breakfast first.

Attached: PicsArt_07-07-03.50.44.jpg (400x400, 42.55K)

Adios

Attached: PicsArt_07-08-01.45.22.jpg (1092x922, 232.59K)

As the co-creator of Adios, i demand that all of you cease posting my creation.

Adios

Damn, you know you've won when you make a retard devolve from spewing retarded antics to only being able to post pictures they've already posted a million times.

Too easy.

You'll be forgotten by tomorrow.

According to the laws of the EU, adios

Attached: PicsArt_07-08-01.46.14.jpg (900x1600, 200.69K)

That's 24 hours and 1 second longer than you can attain

a d i o s

Attached: PicsArt_07-08-01.47.07.jpg (482x481, 22.99K)

This is the male equivalent of female animal filter pictures.

HAHAHAHAHA

Every time

Adios

Counting is hard for retards I guess?

ADIOS

Adios

Attached: PicsArt_07-08-01.42.35.jpg (1792x1243, 568.68K)

>>>Zig Forums

Adios

CORRECTION

that's 24 hours and FIVE minutes more than you can attain

adios

Adios

Attached: PicsArt_07-08-01.41.01.jpg (1600x1024, 363.21K)

Sticking to a failed train of thought just makes you look more desperate.

You really do embarrass yourself. All for the sake of me. I'm flattered.

Adios

Attached: Screenshot_20180708-003027.png (1080x1920, 1.06M)

This is the most reddit thread i ever seen…

Who is this hideous creature and why are you so terrible at photo manipulation?

Lmfao

Attached: 4dcd80b52a9b41a08edfc6f04132f0cc95affdd084aae0d5ddf2154eef75680f.jpg (1600x1024, 470.59K)

That's my MUM you fucking effeminate bitch.

Take that back right now

Was thinking the same thing, also the amount of derailing attempts are just sad to watch.

XDXDXDXDXD That thing is so fucking UGLY. Your picture too, but those two borderline-retarded looking faggots in it is what I was referring to. I mean shit, you couldn't even bother with layers. You literally blurred out your shit mistakes. LOLLLLLLLLLLL

Adios

Attached: PicsArt_06-22-12_20180708092320.27_20180708092320.42_20180708092320.png (2048x1090, 450.66K)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Adios 51

Attached: PicsArt_07-08-09.18.59.jpg (1200x1200, 181.83K)